PDA

View Full Version : You could make an all-star team out of all of Lebron's past/present teammates

JohnMax
10-09-2014, 11:42 AM
Could u do the same with Jordan?

Kobe maybe. Who would be your pg tho, fisher? loool.

Papaya Petee
10-09-2014, 12:14 PM
Ok, now put it into context what year in the league his teammates were and how they produced.

kurple
10-09-2014, 12:24 PM

karl malone, gary payton, steve nash, pau gasol, shaq, howard, odom. looks pretty good

HOoopCityJones
10-09-2014, 12:27 PM

Don't drag Kobe into this shit, only two players he's ever played with qualified as Allstars. (not including Nash) I guess Dwight too, but that doesn't even count because Kobe willed us into a playoff birth while this bum was complaining about touches.

Even after Kobe goes down, he has all the touches in the world and he still can't even get us out the first round.

HOoopCityJones
10-09-2014, 12:29 PM
karl malone, gary payton, steve nash, pau gasol, shaq, howard, odom. looks pretty good

Lmao@ Odom.

:roll:

GP and Karl , nor Steve Nash were All stars when Kobe played with them.

JT123
10-09-2014, 01:07 PM
Don't drag Kobe into this shit, only two players he's ever played with qualified as Allstars. (not including Nash) I guess Dwight too, but that doesn't even count because Kobe willed us into a playoff birth while this bum was complaining about touches.

Even after Kobe goes down, he has all the touches in the world and he still can't even get us out the first round.
:facepalm Van Exel, Eddie Jones, Shaq, Gasol, and Howard is more than 2.

Mass Debator
10-09-2014, 01:08 PM
PG: Kyrie/Mo/Hughes
SG: Wade/Allen/Waiters
SF: Lebron/Marion/Rashard Lewis/Battier
PF: Love/Bosh/Boozer/Jameson
C: Shaq/Ilgauskas/Ben Wallace

Probably left out some good players but not bad. :applause:

HOoopCityJones
10-09-2014, 01:11 PM
:facepalm Van Exel, Eddie Jones, Shaq, Gasol, and Howard is more than 2.

Daaamn. Eddie and Nick were in Kobe's first All-Star game. :biggums:

Totally forgot about that. You got me. :cheers:

KobesFinger
10-09-2014, 01:20 PM
I've said it before and I'll say it again: Shaquille O'Neal

G - Penny/Nash/Rondo
G - Kobe/Wade/Allen
F - LeBron/Pierce
F - Garnett/Grant/Amar'e
C - Mourning

Penny, Kobe, Wade and LeBron were all in their primes too

Ariza4three
10-09-2014, 01:31 PM
I've said it before and I'll say it again: Shaquille O'Neal

G - Penny/Nash/Rondo
G - Kobe/Wade/Allen
F - LeBron/Pierce
F - Garnett/Grant/Amar'e
C - Mourning

Penny, Kobe, Wade and LeBron were all in their primes too

If we don't consider the years of when Shaq played with his teammates, you didn't mention Payton and Malone.

ArbitraryWater
10-09-2014, 01:33 PM
not this shit again

tpols
10-09-2014, 01:36 PM

malone, payton, and nash completely washed up and injured.. For primes

Fisher, Kobe, Ariza(Or Rick Fox?), Pau, Shaq compared to Kyrie, Wade, Lebron, Bosh, Love.:coleman:

ArbitraryWater
10-09-2014, 01:38 PM

Fisher, Kobe, Ariza(Or Rick Fox?), Pau, Shaq compared to Kyrie, Wade, Lebron, Bosh, Love.:coleman:

The thing is, you give someone prime Shaq and another role player, that will already be >>> Wade/Bosh...

I mean, people always say "Wade & Bosh > Shaq".... You can't do 2 on 1.

Let's say Shaq and Glen Rice vs Wade/Bosh

Shaq/Rice >>

MP.Trey
10-09-2014, 01:53 PM
Honestly Hakeem is probably the only top 11 player you couldn't do this with, and that's debateable. Maybe Jordan but I doubt it.

Myth
10-09-2014, 02:05 PM

Although not in their primes, Malone and Payton weren't washed up. Their stats were down because of being 3rd and 4th options, but Malone averaged about 20/8 the year before (13/9 with better efficiency as a 4th option) and Payton was 20/4/8 the year before (15/4/5.5 as 3rd option). Those are some amazing 3rd and 4th options. Nash had a more legit drop off and had more injury issues, but was still pretty effective his first season with the Lakers (nearly 13/7 with nearly .500 shooting at the PG position).

lilteapot
10-09-2014, 02:08 PM
If you could do it, then do it OP. And try not to use google.

LongLiveTheKing
10-09-2014, 02:24 PM
Lmao@ Odom.

GP and Karl , nor Steve Nash were All stars when Kobe played with them.
Karl Malone was still dropping triple doubles, and GP could still drop 30.

Kblaze8855
10-09-2014, 02:29 PM
If you are gonna do it the way people would with Lebron and count people miles from their primes you could do it with anyone.

The people Lebron has played with id be happy starting on my team right now....

Big z the first couple years(though he would be the Bulls 3rd best bigman.

Wade of course.

Bosh of course.

Who else?

Ricky Davis? Id trade a first rounder NOT to have Ricky on the Bulls.

Id love Mo Williams as 6th man....hes been in his supposed prime since Lebron left(he was 27). Hes been a 13/4 or so player with no defense.

You clamoring for Mo as your starter?

Lebron has had 2 teammates in the NBA who would start on the Bulls right now.

Lot of guys who would in earlier seasons...

But im not just dying to start Cavs/heat versions of these guys. Carlos Boozer was better on the Bulls than the Cavs....and Taj Gibson has been a better player for two years.

Going forward it looks better with the new prime teammates. To this point?

You can keep Cavs Antawn and Big Ben ....

L.Kizzle
10-09-2014, 03:00 PM
Honestly Hakeem is probably the only top 11 player you couldn't do this with, and that's debateable. Maybe Jordan but I doubt it.
Jordan = Pippen 87-98/Grant 87-93/Rodman 95-98
Hakeem = Sampson 84-87/Drexler 95-98/Barkley 96-00

jlip
10-09-2014, 03:15 PM
The season after MJ's first retirement, three of his former teammates made the all star team...Pip, Grant, Armstrong

tpols
10-09-2014, 03:19 PM
Although not in their primes, Malone and Payton weren't washed up. Their stats were down because of being 3rd and 4th options, but Malone averaged about 20/8 the year before (13/9 with better efficiency as a 4th option) and Payton was 20/4/8 the year before (15/4/5.5 as 3rd option). Those are some amazing 3rd and 4th options. Nash had a more legit drop off and had more injury issues, but was still pretty effective his first season with the Lakers (nearly 13/7 with nearly .500 shooting at the PG position).

Gary Payton shot 37% from the field in the playoffs.. 32% in the Finals.

Karl Malone was 40 years old when he played for the lakers.

lilteapot
10-09-2014, 03:20 PM
The season after MJ's first retirement, three of his former teammates made the all star team...Pip, Grant, Armstrong
Further proof that MJ held back his teammates

Myth
10-09-2014, 03:31 PM
Gary Payton shot 37% from the field in the playoffs.. 32% in the Finals.

Karl Malone was 40 years old when he played for the lakers.

Payton played poorly in the playoffs, but that doesn't mean he wasn't capable. His fg% was higher the playoffs both before and after that season, while he was decent throughout the season.

And for Malone, who care how old he was. He was still effective even if he wasn't prime Malone. Old Malone was better than a huge percentage of PFs in the league.

L.Kizzle
10-09-2014, 03:54 PM
Further proof that MJ held back his teammates
BJ only made it cause he was voted a starter. Homie had 2nd most votes in east behind onk. He has 3rd most votes overall only Barkley from the West. He had more than Pippen.

riseagainst
10-09-2014, 04:17 PM

NBAplayoffs2001
10-09-2014, 06:19 PM
bring back the negs.

NBAplayoffs2001
10-09-2014, 06:20 PM

GP able to drop 30 points? :coleman: Go to the closest mental institution in your vicinity please.

Kblaze8855
10-09-2014, 06:26 PM
I suppose hes talking abotu when Kobe was out and Payton and Shaq each dropped 30 one game.

He have put up 17/6/4 the month before that. Not like he was just...an average player.

He wasnt the real Gary Payton...that goes without saying.

But he was solid.

Wasnt a Ewing on the Sonics situation or anything.

Sarcastic
10-09-2014, 06:59 PM
PG: Kyrie/Mo/Hughes
SG: Wade/Allen/Waiters
SF: Lebron/Marion/Rashard Lewis/Battier
PF: Love/Bosh/Boozer/Jameson
C: Shaq/Ilgauskas/Ben Wallace

Probably left out some good players but not bad. :applause:

About 7 future Hall of Famers on that list.

JT123
10-09-2014, 07:54 PM
I suppose hes talking abotu when Kobe was out and Payton and Shaq each dropped 30 one game.

He have put up 17/6/4 the month before that. Not like he was just...an average player.

He wasnt the real Gary Payton...that goes without saying.

But he was solid.

Wasnt a Ewing on the Sonics situation or anything.
:applause: Just because Payton and Malone played with a ball dominant shooting guard who forced them into being spot up shooters doesn't mean they weren't capable. They never had any plays run for them, yet still put up solid numbers.

SouBeachTalents
10-09-2014, 07:58 PM
About 7 future Hall of Famers on that list.

The only guaranteed HOF's on that list are Wade & Shaq, and Shaq was 37 when he played with LeBron

AintNoSunshine
10-10-2014, 03:26 AM

:oldlol: You can make a HOF/AS team with Kobe's. Can you do that with anybody else in history?

Shaq/Howard/Bynum
Gasol/Malone
Odom
Kobe/Eddie Jones
Payton/Nash/Van Exel

That's 7 HOF:biggums:

Edit: Oh ya, Glen Rice at the SF too. Another AS.

oarabbus
10-10-2014, 03:27 AM
:oldlol: You can make a HOF/AS team with Kobe's. Can you do that with anybody else in history?

Shaq/Howard/Bynum
Gasol/Malone
Odom
Kobe/Eddie Jones
Payton/Nash/Van Exel

That's 7 HOF:biggums:

Yeah any of Bill Russell's Celtics, considering all of those Celtics greats are HOFers and Allstars. But I don't think that's what you meant.