PDA

View Full Version : JJ Watt

rezznor
10-09-2014, 11:47 PM
what can this guy not do?

lost the game, but he just scored another TD against the Colts for his third this season. that's more than andre johnson lol. Are we witnessing a transcendent player?

http://c1.thejournal.ie/media/2014/09/watt-2.gif

http://sportsgif.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/JJ-Watt-80-Yard-Interception-Return-GIF.gif :bowdown:

http://giant.gfycat.com/UnpleasantReflectingErmine.gif

KingBeasley08
10-09-2014, 11:49 PM
He's one of the greatest defensive players of all time

rezznor
10-09-2014, 11:50 PM
and still so young. it's funny, he got booed when the texans drafted him.

zoom17
10-09-2014, 11:51 PM
Sucks his QB is Fitzpatrick.

rezznor
10-09-2014, 11:53 PM
Sucks his QB is Fitzpatrick.

yeah..he had a shot at mvp if the texans won tonight and made it to the playoffs, gonna be real hard now with this loss.

MavsSuperFan
10-09-2014, 11:55 PM
yeah..he had a shot at mvp if the texans won tonight and made it to the playoffs, gonna be real hard now with this loss.
would have been an extreme long shot no matter what. Phillip Rivers is the MVP imo, and rodgers, peyton, wilson are in the convo too. The QB position is just too important. As for non-QBs, I would put demarco murray before watt. Watt is the runaway DPOY though.

http://i.imgur.com/wuf5pWn.png

QB and running backs have won 55/58 MVPs

rezznor
10-09-2014, 11:57 PM
would have been an extreme long shot

yeah, i know it was a long shot but there had been buzz about it...but only if the texans kept winning. i dont think a defensive player has won since the 70's

MavsSuperFan
10-10-2014, 12:04 AM
yeah, i know it was a long shot but there had been buzz about it...but only if the texans kept winning. i dont think a defensive player has won since the 70's
LT won the MVP in 1986. GOAT defensive season.

LT is the GOAT defensive player

Smook A.
10-10-2014, 12:06 AM
It's great to have him on my team. We just need a better QB right now.

rezznor
10-10-2014, 12:06 AM

maybe i was thinking about the last player to score a td on offense and defense

MavsSuperFan
10-10-2014, 12:16 AM
I agree, but that kind of shows how important the QB position is.

Watt a fantastic DE, last year was on a team that lost 14 straight games to finish 2-14.

Compare that with peyton manning (one of the greatest QBs of all time). the colts were a very flawed team through most of his latter years with them. yet he continued to win 12+ games a year regularly. the year he goes down with the neck injury they win only 2 games.

QBs importance is correctly assessed. I dont think an all time great QB would ever lose 14 straight games.

MavsSuperFan
10-10-2014, 12:17 AM
Shame because his life will significantly shortened as well as reduced in quality

Coulda been champ in wwe those guys live long happy lives
thats very often totally untrue. I suspect it was a comment in jest, but some of those ex-wrestlers have serious mental and physical issues.

TheNaturalWR
10-10-2014, 12:19 AM

No.

2012 JJ Watt

20.5 sacks, 23 TFLs, 16 PDs, 4 FF, 95 plays of zero or negative yardage.

KingBeasley08
10-10-2014, 12:25 AM

Reggie White >>>>>

1. Reggie White
2. LT
3. Deacon Jones

ThePhantomCreep
10-10-2014, 12:41 AM
Reggie White >>>>>

1. Reggie White
2. LT
3. Deacon Jones

Not a chance

1. LT
2. Butkus

JJ Watt is well on his way to GOAT status though.

hateraid
10-10-2014, 12:51 AM
Did I hear right that Watt was an accomplished hockey player???

Anyways, this D will be absolutely scary when Clowney comes back. it's like Jason Vorhees coming from one side and Michael Meyers coming from the other

RoundMoundOfReb
10-10-2014, 01:26 AM
There is a Football Forum, you know?

KyleKong
10-10-2014, 01:32 AM
There is a Football Forum, you know?

There should be a sub-forum for JJ Watt discussion.

Dude is just an A+ human being.

CelticBaller
10-10-2014, 08:08 PM
Analogy game jj watt

Wow
:oldlol:

oarabbus
10-10-2014, 10:12 PM
Dude doesn't party, drink, hit strip clubs, or any of that.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BsBwQAUCIAE6IqF.jpg

He's like the Kobe of the NFL in terms of work ethic.

The NFL’s 2012 defensive player of the year said he doesn’t have a girlfriend because of his commitment to his team and the league, and he often avoids the night life because “every single part of my life is calculated.”

“I know that I have probably an eight- to 10-year window in this league, and if I want to be what I say I want to be, then I have to commit myself 100 percent. That’s why I don’t have a girlfriend, because I give my life to this game and I want to be the best in this game, and I know it takes an unbelievable commitment,” Watt said. “And so I’ve sacrificed that stuff. I know I’ve probably missed out on some great parties and some fun at the bars, but to me getting sacks on Sunday and the opportunity to be an All Pro and the opportunity to get Defensive Player of the Year far outweighs any party I could go to.”

Despite being single, Watt has more than a few admirers.

KyleKong
10-10-2014, 10:16 PM
Dude doesn't party, drink, hit strip clubs, or any of that.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BsBwQAUCIAE6IqF.jpg

He's like the Kobe of the NFL in terms of work ethic.

Minus the sexual assault.

zoom17
10-10-2014, 10:18 PM
Minus the sexual assault.

:oldlol:

Nick Young
10-10-2014, 10:22 PM
If this guy is a defensive player why are they using him in their offense.:facepalm

WTF has happened to the NFL since I stopped watching:facepalm :facepalm :facepalm

raiderfan19
10-11-2014, 04:03 PM
He's a beast... And he did absolutely nothing against the cowboys. Shows just how good that Oline and specifically smith is.

~primetime~
10-11-2014, 04:27 PM
He's a beast... And he did absolutely nothing against the cowboys. Shows just how good that Oline and specifically smith is.
http://cdn1.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_asset/file/2326066/wattnomatch4romo.0.gif

He actually gave Romo fits...Romo is too slippery though.

raiderfan19
10-12-2014, 02:06 AM
You do realize he was offside on that play right? And that was about it as far as disruption?

sunsfan1357
10-12-2014, 02:37 AM
You do realize he was offside on that play right? And that was about it as far as disruption?
y u no post in mlb thread anymore?

LongLiveTheKing
10-12-2014, 03:59 AM
http://cdn1.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_asset/file/2326066/wattnomatch4romo.0.gif

He actually gave Romo fits...Romo is too slippery though.
Amazing play, I love Romo

MJ(Mean John)
10-12-2014, 06:16 AM
would have been an extreme long shot no matter what. Phillip Rivers is the MVP imo, and rodgers, peyton, wilson are in the convo too. The QB position is just too important. As for non-QBs, I would put demarco murray before watt. Watt is the runaway DPOY though.

I read what you said, then looked at your username, you're for sure a cowgirls fan. (Sorry, no offense. I got buddies who are cowboys fans and it's kinda automatic for me now. Haha)

But dude JJ IS Easily the most important player on his team. And what is scary, is what this teams Defense will look like with... That one young guy they just drafted... You know, that one guy who's supposed to be preeety good, no?

Anywhoo. Defenses plan for JJ, they double his ass. Can't wait until that one guy come back from injury. Wow. That's nasty. A 3-4 D with JJ and JC.

MJ(Mean John)
10-12-2014, 06:24 AM
Amazing play, I love Romo

Lol amazing play but that's misleading. Romo has lamar odom syndrome.

Some days and some plays (like the Gif) guy looks like a straight stud. I.E.
Last year, comes up against Peyton.
Guy throws for 500+Yards / 5TD's/ on 25/36= 70%. GTFOH. Lol. He out-Peyton'd, Peyton. Lol.

THEN, he has his down to earth Romo moments. I.E., same game, after throwing 5 TD's, 500+ yards on 70%, guess what he does Late in the 4th quarter? He throws his 1st interception. :) sorry Tony Homo, try again. Lol.

I'll give it to him tho, he has his moments where he looks like one of the best QB's in the L.

rezznor
10-13-2014, 05:57 PM
Not content with just being considered by many to be the best defensive player in the NFL, JJ Watt of the Houston Texans has stepped up his game this season to the point that he is getting some early-season buzz to win this year's MVP award.

To see just how dominant Watt has been this season, take a look at the chart below based on data from AdvancedFootballAnalytics.com. The chart shows the Win Probability Added (WPA; measures players' impact on every player on team's chances to win game) and Expected Points Added (EPA; measures players overall production in terms of how it impacts the chances of a team to score on a given drive) for the top 32 defensive ends this season.

The important point here is that players in the upper-right part of the chart have more impact. That's JJ Watt and nobody else is even close.
http://l.yimg.com/bt/api/res/1.2/zFGhwoRe2ZfELZMaqVlHmw--/YXBwaWQ9eW5ld3M7cT04NQ--/http://globalfinance.zenfs.com/en_us/Finance/US_AFTP_SILICONALLEY_H_LIVE/Chart_Shows_Just_How_Awesome-1fec4c54a4b5ac077e91aa8fc5d7c244

http://www.advancedfootballanalytics.com/index.php/home/tools/vizualizations/position-leaders

KyleKong
10-13-2014, 06:04 PM
If The Texans don't make atleast the Wild Card playoff game then I doubt the MVP will be awarded to Watt, which sucks, but that's the truth.

MavsSuperFan
10-13-2014, 06:11 PM
I read what you said, then looked at your username, you're for sure a cowgirls fan. (Sorry, no offense. I got buddies who are cowboys fans and it's kinda automatic for me now. Haha)

But dude JJ IS Easily the most important player on his team. And what is scary, is what this teams Defense will look like with... That one young guy they just drafted... You know, that one guy who's supposed to be preeety good, no?

Anywhoo. Defenses plan for JJ, they double his ass. Can't wait until that one guy come back from injury. Wow. That's nasty. A 3-4 D with JJ and JC.
I am a cowboys fan, it has nothing to do with the fact that MVP voting correctly favors QBs and RBs. Look it up for yourself, 55 out of 58 MVP winners have been either a QB or a RB. Only 2 defensive players have ever won the MVP Alan Page (DT in 71) and Lawrence Taylor (LB in 86). The award is for the most valuable player in a single season. Its very hard to argue a defensive player is the most valuable player in the league.

which is part of the reason the texans lost 14 straight games last year. A good teams most important player is their QB.

rezznor
10-13-2014, 06:13 PM
If The Texans don't make atleast the Wild Card playoff game then I doubt the MVP will be awarded to Watt, which sucks, but that's the truth.
it's a long shot either way

rezznor
10-13-2014, 06:15 PM
which is part of the reason the texans lost 14 straight games last year. A good teams most important player is their QB.
yup. even though watt is the best defensive player in the nfl, an elite qb would never lose 12 straight

KyleKong
10-13-2014, 06:20 PM
it's a long shot either way

I disagree. The press are the ones who vote for the MVP, and the press are slobbering over Watt's season right now, which they should be.

Watt has more T.D.s then Calvin Johnson, :biggums:.

MavsSuperFan
10-13-2014, 06:25 PM
Unless the solve the problems at QB, I dont think they will even have a winning record.

QBs are by far the most important thing.

Texans actually have a decent team outside of QB. They have talented players on defense (watt, cushing, Brooks Reed, Mercilus, etc)

they have an elite RB in Foster
they have great receivers deandre hopkins, andre johnson. they also have good receiver in damaris Johnson and a good TE in Graham

Outside of QB they have a decent team. QBs impact winning way more than any other position. Only RB is even close. Last year when they went 2-14, the QB position was a disaster and Foster wasnt healthy. Foster looks to be back though

MavsSuperFan
10-13-2014, 06:28 PM
I disagree. The press are the ones who vote for the MVP, and the press are slobbering over Watt's season right now, which they should be.

They are slobbering over him, which they should (he is clearly the Defensive Player of the Year and has that award locked up) I havent heard many call him the MVP. How can you argue what he is doing is helping his team more than peyton is helping the broncos, or rivers is helping the chargers or rodgers is helping the packers.

~primetime~
10-13-2014, 06:33 PM
You're wrong on both accounts, he wasn't offsides it was a perfect jump ,and that was NOT the only play that Romo had to avoid Watt.

http://usatthebiglead.files.wordpress.com/2014/10/tony-romo-has-helmet-knocked-off-by-jj-watt.gif?w=1000

^^^ there is another one that Romo had to Houdini out of

Nanners
10-13-2014, 06:36 PM

Which might mean something if Calvin was actually healthy...

KyleKong
10-13-2014, 06:44 PM
Which might mean something if Calvin was actually healthy...

:biggums:

:biggums:

~primetime~
10-13-2014, 06:54 PM
Watt has more TDs than LeSean McCoy :D

TheNaturalWR
10-13-2014, 08:27 PM

Did your dumbass even watch the game? He pressured Romo plenty and beat Smith like a drum a couple of times. And if you rewatch the game I guarantee you you'll find at least 10 holds not called on him.

bigkingsfan
10-13-2014, 08:54 PM
Did your dumbass even watch the game? He pressured Romo plenty and beat Smith like a drum a couple of times. And if you rewatch the game I guarantee you you'll find at least 10 holds not called on him.
Did you? He had a below average game. "Watt finished with just four tackles and wasn't credited with any quarterback hurries."

You can call holding in the NFL on every play, stop crying.

christian1923
10-14-2014, 01:24 AM
Unless the solve the problems at QB, I dont think they will even have a winning record.

QBs are by far the most important thing.

Texans actually have a decent team outside of QB. They have talented players on defense (watt, cushing, Brooks Reed, Mercilus, etc)

they have an elite RB in Foster
they have great receivers deandre hopkins, andre johnson. they also have good receiver in damaris Johnson and a good TE in Graham

Outside of QB they have a decent team. QBs impact winning way more than any other position. Only RB is even close. Last year when they went 2-14, the QB position was a disaster and Foster wasnt healthy. Foster looks to be back though
Have you watched Houston?

They need to fix their Oline issues before they think about Quarterback. Fitz is getting murdered back there

Sarcastic
10-14-2014, 04:42 AM
You're wrong on both accounts, he wasn't offsides it was a perfect jump ,and that was NOT the only play that Romo had to avoid Watt.

http://usatthebiglead.files.wordpress.com/2014/10/tony-romo-has-helmet-knocked-off-by-jj-watt.gif?w=1000

^^^ there is another one that Romo had to Houdini out of

Plays like this and the other one are perfect examples of why QB hurries and hits are an overrated statistic. On both plays the Cowboys got positive yards, with one of them being a touchdown.

How is "missing a sack which leads to a TD pass" considered a good play?

2LeTTeRS
10-14-2014, 09:16 AM
Plays like this and the other one are perfect examples of why QB hurries and hits are an overrated statistic. On both plays the Cowboys got positive yards, with one of them being a touchdown.

How is "missing a sack which leads to a TD pass" considered a good play?

You serious? Because all of the QBs in this league can hit an open target when nobody is putting pressure on them, but only the best ones are able to consistently deliver under fire.

Romo made a play here; but I guarantee you that there is exponentially more footage of bad things happening when a QB gets rushed like that.