PDA

View Full Version : Which team would you pick in a 7-Game Series?

sirkeelma
10-10-2014, 01:02 AM
Team A
C - Patrick Ewing
PF - Tim Duncan
SF - Lebron James
SG - Dwayne Wade
PG - Gary Payton

Team B
C - David Robinson
PF - Kevin Garnett
SF - Kevin Durant
SG - Kobe Bryant
PG - Jason Kidd

All in their primes.

Cocaine80s
10-10-2014, 01:05 AM
Team A

NBAplayoffs2001
10-10-2014, 01:05 AM
Team A
C - Patrick Ewing
PF - Tim Duncan
SF - Lebron James
SG - Dwayne Wade
PG - Gary Payton

Team B
C - David Robinson
PF - Kevin Garnett
SF - Kevin Durant
SG - Kobe Bryant
PG - Jason Kidd

All in their primes.

I'll bold the better players and then decide. This is tough between J. Kidd and Gary Payton. Gary Payton is usually not that effective unless the offense goes through him and Kidd had great late career success in limited roles more so than payton. So I will chose Team B by a nudge. Kevin Durant is hitting his prime now too so this question is kinda difficult to answer.

Smoke117
10-10-2014, 01:18 AM
Team A
C - Patrick Ewing
PF - Tim Duncan
SF - Lebron James
SG - Dwayne Wade
PG - Gary Payton

Team B
C - David Robinson
PF - Kevin Garnett
SF - Kevin Durant
SG - Kobe Bryant
PG - Jason Kidd

All in their primes.

This is tough...I mean, I want Kidd instead of Payton, Wade instead of Bryant, James instead of Durant...Tim Duncan and KG i'm completely baffled at, and I'll definitely take Robinson. I suppose Team B while wishing I had James and Wade instead of Durant and Bryant I guess.

Real14
10-10-2014, 04:52 AM
Team B

RoundMoundOfReb
10-10-2014, 04:56 AM
Team B fits better I'll go with them

SamuraiSWISH
10-10-2014, 05:03 AM
Team B fits better I'll go with them
Agreed.

Team A has redundancy that can't maximize Wade, and Bron at same time on the floor in the half court. One of the reasons the Heat struggled against better teams, as opposed to how they overwhelmed weaker ones on pure talent.

If you replace Dwyane with say Reggie Miller, Ray Allen, or Mitch Richmond ... shooters from deep with quality court spacing, I'd definitely prefer that team. Otherwise, Team B's pieces fit cohesively talent wise on the floor.

tpols
10-10-2014, 05:10 AM
Wade and lebron is proven to be redundant.. add GP to it.. another ballhandler even more redundant.

While kidd and Kobe would be perfect.. Kidd for defense/fastbreak kobe for halfcourt.. KD could just spot up/ no takeaway at all. And KG robinson is inpenetrable inside/outside defense. Team B by a mile.

Random_Guy
10-10-2014, 08:17 AM
Agreed.

Team A has redundancy that can't maximize Wade, and Bron at same time on the floor in the half court. One of the reasons the Heat struggled against better teams, as opposed to how they overwhelmed weaker ones on pure talent.

If you replace Dwyane with say Reggie Miller, Ray Allen, or Mitch Richmond ... shooters from deep with quality court spacing, I'd definitely prefer that team. Otherwise, Team B's pieces fit cohesively talent wise on the floor.
this, team A doesnt really have spacing either

bizil
10-10-2014, 08:37 AM
I think I gotta go Team B. When it comes to two epic teams, it comes down to the best fit. Team B fits better. The spacing would be immaculate on that team. Plus u got the most versatile center of all time arguably in Robinson to go with the most versatile PF of all time in KG. And both of them are 7 footers. Durant can dominate a game catching and shooting from anywhere on the court and can put it down on the floor. And u have The Mamba to top it off! We know how epic Kobe is no need to go into specifics!

Harison
10-10-2014, 08:38 AM
As others said, Team B fits better and should win in 7 game series.

Tbh its quite easy to defend Team A, close the paint (easy with DRob and Garnett) and force Team A to shoot long range jumpers.

ImKobe
10-10-2014, 08:51 AM
Kobe's team.

AintNoSunshine
10-10-2014, 10:01 AM
Payton gives Jordan a tough time, he'll lock Kobe(poorer copy of Jordan) down.

Kidd isn't scoring on Wade either.

Durant's proven to be Bron's bish.

Timmy obviously > Garnett and everybody knows it.

I'd take the Admiral over Ewing, but he isn't that much better.