PDA

View Full Version : Chris Bosh on Lebron Ball

JohnMax
10-10-2014, 01:01 PM
Chris Bosh has some words of advice for Kevin Love on how tough it is to adjust to being a second banana when you join LeBron James. From Bleacher Report (http://www.cbssports.com/nba/eye-on-basketball/24745622/chris-bosh-has-advice-for-kevin-love-about-playing-next-to-lebron):

"Yeah, it's a lot more difficult taking a step back, because you're used to doing something a certain way and getting looks a certain way," Bosh said. "And then it's like, well, no, for the benefit of the team, you have to get it here.

"So even if you do like the left block, the volume of the left block is going to be different. Now you have to make those moves count. So with me, it was like a chess game. I'm doing this move and thinking about the next move and trying to stay five moves ahead. You're not getting it as much. If you got one or two a game, it's a lot different."

You don't get your pick of the buffet.

"Exactly," Bosh said. "You just get your entree and that's it. It's like, wait a minute, I need my appetizer and my dessert and my drink, what are you doing? And my bread basket. What is going on? I'm hungry! It's a lot different. But if you can get through it, good things can happen. But it never gets easy. Even up until my last year of doing it, it never gets easier."

Kvnzhangyay
10-10-2014, 01:04 PM
So basically he's saying that its difficult to adjust but playing Lebron Ball was good?

jlip
10-10-2014, 01:06 PM
You mean to tell me that going from a 1st option to a 3rd option changes how you have to play the game? WOW! What a revelation!!!

305Baller
10-10-2014, 01:06 PM
So basically he's saying that its difficult to adjust but playing Lebron Ball was good?

Yeah. Anytime you win rings it's good.

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
10-10-2014, 03:48 PM
Lebron has a special talent for dominating the ball and isolating his teammates. Making them worse and have ppl thinking they got worse themselves. Its unseen in NBA history

r15mohd
10-10-2014, 03:52 PM
But if you can get through it, good things can happen.

I wonder why they don't ever ask Bosh which he prefers, having an all-access buffet (no rings situation) or an entree (where a ring is basically reachable)

more fluff...Bosh just better shut it up, get over this Lebron's gone phase and work for the Heat. He and Deng can, hopefully, put up a good combo together.

JT123
10-10-2014, 03:55 PM
Lebron has a special talent for dominating the ball and isolating his teammates. Making them worse and have ppl thinking they got worse themselves. Its unseen in NBA history
You're confusing Lebron with Durant. Lebron always passes the ball to his teammates, not his fault they always pass back to him because they have no moves. Take a look at Bosh's numbers when Lebron wasn't on the court with him over the last 4 years. Despite a few good games when Lebron sat out, his overall impact without Lebron on the floor with him was very minimal.

Eric Cartman
10-10-2014, 03:56 PM
We could clearly see what Bosh was capable to do without Lebron in the line up.

Watch this game vs the Blazers: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I45gW4cjWIM

K. Love could look slightly better because of his passing ability and rebounding, better fit next to lebron, he also can score the 3, but love's stats are gonna take a massive hit.

"Chris Bosh who is having a buffet here, all he can eat".

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
10-10-2014, 03:58 PM
LOL.. Bron getting blasted by his teammates left and right.

Dude is a great player, but nobody is a fan of "Lebron ball", beside his creepy stalkers.

JT123
10-10-2014, 04:00 PM
I wonder why they don't ever ask Bosh which he prefers, having an all-access buffet (no rings situation) or an entree (where a ring is basically reachable)

more fluff...Bosh just better shut it up, get over this Lebron's gone phase and work for the Heat. He and Deng can, hopefully, put up a good combo together.
Indeed. Bosh's all-access buffet resulted in 3 playoff wins in 7 years, in the East! :facepalm He flat out missed the playoffs in his best statistical season, so what does that tell you?

Eric Cartman
10-10-2014, 04:03 PM
Indeed. Bosh's all-access buffet resulted in 3 playoff wins in 7 years, in the East! :facepalm He flat out missed the playoffs in his best statistical season, so what does that tell you?

Are we gonna act like he had talent in Toronto? :facepalm

:biggums:

JT123
10-10-2014, 04:03 PM

Dude is a great player, but nobody is a fan of "Lebron ball", beside his creepy stalkers.
Funny how this teammate who is "blasting him" risked losing a max contract to keep playing with him just a few months ago. :confusedshrug:
Looks to me like Bosh was a huge fan of "Lebron ball" and is now trying to save face the way a dude does after getting dumped by his girlfriend. :oldlol:

JT123
10-10-2014, 04:06 PM
Are we gonna act like he had talent in Toronto? :facepalm

:biggums:
It's the Eastern Conference! :biggums:
All any real star needs his 5 healthy bodies and you should at least be able to get an 8th seed.

r15mohd
10-10-2014, 04:09 PM
what Bosh is doing is nothing new of any leader of a team after another one departs. they throw a little dirt at the goner and make a headway for themselves.

however, to beleive Bosh would rather be in this situation or in the past 4-years situation is pretty absurd. and if he is along the lines of absurd, then that'll surely change as next summer comes around as it is highly unlikely the Heat will be in the finals.

JohnMax
10-10-2014, 04:12 PM
Mario Chalmers on Lebron Ball (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=354043)

"You know, for the first time in my career, I felt like I wasn't ... yeah, my confidence wasn't there," Chalmers said. "Going through that whole San Antonio series, I just felt like in the playoffs I kept getting worse and worse every round. I just couldn't figure it out. ...

"Yeah, that's the worst thing, because you never know," Chalmers said. "Everybody in my ear, talking about, 'We need you, we need you to do this, we need you to do that.' And then when it comes to the game, I didn't feel involved. Like, you all talk about how y'all need me, but y'all didn't put me in position to do anything. In previous years, if I was in that position, I would make sure I would go get the ball, I would put myself in position to score. I felt like this year, we all just took too much of a back seat in the Finals. ...

"I feel like I've finally got a chance to shine, show my real game," Chalmers said. "Me, CB, D-Wade and the rest of the guys, we're going to pick it up, we're still going to play Miami Heat basketball, and we're still gonna be a competitor."

r15mohd
10-10-2014, 04:14 PM
Mario Chalmers on Lebron Ball (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=354043)

"You know, for the first time in my career, I felt like I wasn't ... yeah, my confidence wasn't there," Chalmers said. "Going through that whole San Antonio series, I just felt like in the playoffs I kept getting worse and worse every round. I just couldn't figure it out. ...

"Yeah, that's the worst thing, because you never know," Chalmers said. "Everybody in my ear, talking about, 'We need you, we need you to do this, we need you to do that.' And then when it comes to the game, I didn't feel involved. Like, you all talk about how y'all need me, but y'all didn't put me in position to do anything. In previous years, if I was in that position, I would make sure I would go get the ball, I would put myself in position to score. I felt like this year, we all just took too much of a back seat in the Finals. ...

"I feel like I've finally got a chance to shine, show my real game," Chalmers said. "Me, CB, D-Wade and the rest of the guys, we're going to pick it up, we're still going to play Miami Heat basketball, and we're still gonna be a competitor."

so misleading...Chalmers basically said it, everyone took a backseat in the Finals and it's "Lebron ball's" fault. funny how none of that was said the previous title years when they WON!!! stop the misleading info

STATUTORY
10-10-2014, 04:35 PM
I thought lebron made his teammates better and everyone liked playing with him though?

oh wait that only holds true for spot up shooters

JT123
10-10-2014, 04:37 PM

Am I missing something here? Chalmers is basically admitting that he and the rest of the supporting cast played like passive little bitches. How is this supposed to be a shot at Lebron? :oldlol:
#hatersreachinghard

VengefulAngel
10-10-2014, 04:39 PM

Why are you so obsessed with Lebron's balls...

STATUTORY
10-10-2014, 04:40 PM
Am I missing something here? Chalmers is basically admitting that he and the rest of the supporting cast played like passive little bitches. How is this supposed to be a shot at Lebron? :oldlol:
#hatersreachinghard
read between the lines

"Everybody in my ear, talking about, 'We need you, we need you to do this, we need you to do that.' And then when it comes to the game, I didn't feel involved.

http://binaryapi.ap.org/6aecaeea845f45c6b622cf45c6911e86/940x.jpg

Magic 32
10-10-2014, 04:44 PM
Lebron is AI deluxe.

jlip
10-10-2014, 04:50 PM
Am I the only one who views Bosh's comments as reflective of what any former #1 option would say when he's no longer the #1 option?

ArbitraryWater
10-10-2014, 04:51 PM
You mean to tell me that going from a 1st option to a 3rd option changes how you have to play the game? WOW! What a revelation!!!

This... I thought about making this thread 2 days ago, until I realized this is the most normal thing in the world.... Difference from 1st option to 3rd option.

And LeBron was one to keep feeding his teammates... If they missed or not. That can't be denied.

WindmiLL
10-10-2014, 04:52 PM

2011 Finals. There was no ''Lebron ball'' at all. How that turned out? Ironically, Lebron is probably historically blamed the most for that Dallas series when it comes to all time greats and that's the series where he completely shied away from his ''Lebron ball''. Of course, he's blamed for his usual playing style aswell known as ''Lebron ball''. Pretty hypocritical.

JT123
10-10-2014, 04:53 PM
read between the lines

http://binaryapi.ap.org/6aecaeea845f45c6b622cf45c6911e86/940x.jpg
Read what he said immediately after that. He said in years past if he didn't feel involved he would make sure to get himself involved. Why didn't he try and do that in this last series? Lebron was clearly looking for SOMEBODY to step up and help him carry the load, and it's not like Wade and Bosh were doing anything. :confusedshrug:

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
10-10-2014, 04:55 PM
2011 Finals. There was no ''Lebron ball'' at all. How that turned out? Ironically, Lebron is probably historically blamed the most for that Dallas series when it comes to all time greats and that's the series where he completely shied away from his ''Lebron ball''.

He was nowhere to be found. His picture is still seen on milk cartons today.

bdreason
10-10-2014, 04:57 PM
Am I the only one who views Bosh's comments as reflective of what any former #1 option would say when he's no longer the #1 option?

Bosh didn't say anything we don't already know. Going from a #1 option to a #3 option means you have to reinvent your game. It's nt different than going from a starting role to a bench role... you're going to play a different role, and get less opportunities... but you have to make those limited opportunities count.

Many fans don't appreciate how hard it is to play a limited offensive role in the NBA. These guys go from getting 20+ shots their whole career (HS, College, etc.), then they're supposed learn how to get production out of 10 shots per game.

JT123
10-10-2014, 05:01 PM
18/8/8 on 47%
Sounds like great second option numbers to me.:confusedshrug: Wade wanted to be the man but couldn't close the deal.

Hey Yo
10-10-2014, 05:01 PM
Spo's so confident in Chalmers now that James is gone, that Chalmers looks like he's going to lose his starting job to Norris Cole.

http://fansided.com/2014/10/07/miami-heat-bench-mario-chalmers/

WindmiLL
10-10-2014, 05:07 PM

He was nowhere to be found as a first option and best player. But as a 3rd option I think he was more than solid with his 18-7-7(don't know if that's accurate). He didn't take away anything from Bosh in that series but I dont remember Bosh going ham on Dallas? Did he go scoreless as a 3rd option in a Finals game like Bosh did against San Antonio for example?

Really, that post of yours is actually pretty pointless and actually proving my point. ''He was nowhere to be found''-----> of course, there was no Lebron ball at all but Bosh was still Bosh. Not Shaq like you(and others) are making it sound that he would become if there was no Lebron ball in Miami.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
10-10-2014, 05:13 PM
He was nowhere to be found as a first option and best player. But as a 3rd option I think he was more than solid with his 18-7-7(don't know if that's accurate). He didn't take away anything from Bosh in that series but I dont remember Bosh going ham on Dallas? Did he go scoreless as a 3rd option in a Finals game like Bosh did against San Antonio for example?

Really, that post of yours is actually pretty pointless and actually proving my point. ''He was nowhere to be found''-----> of course, there was no Lebron ball at all but Bosh was still Bosh. Not Shaq like you(and others) are making it sound that he would become if there was no Lebron ball in Miami.

There's a difference between ball dominance, producing, and not showing up. LeBron was the latter. Guy had multiple 4th quarters in the series going scoreless, while seemingly allowing Jason Terry and Shawn Marion to torch his squad.

And no, you don't play an entire 82 game season, including 3 rounds of the playoffs only to switch your fundamental gameplan and style in the finals. Your "point" is moot and completely ridiculous. :oldlol:

ArbitraryWater
10-10-2014, 05:22 PM
There's a difference between ball dominance, producing, and not showing up. LeBron was the latter. Guy had multiple 4th quarters in the series going scoreless, while seemingly allowing Jason Terry and Shawn Marion to torch his squad.

And no, you don't play an entire 82 game season, including 3 rounds of the playoffs only to switch your fundamental gameplan and style in the finals. Your "point" is moot and completely ridiculous. :oldlol:

Nah, he went scoreless once...

Scored 2 points in the game 3 4th quarter with FOUR assists... Sounds like some great 2nd option shit to close the deal.

WindmiLL
10-10-2014, 05:34 PM
Your "point" is moot and completely ridiculous. :oldlol:

As moot and ridiculous as your first post in this thread.

mehyaM24
10-10-2014, 05:56 PM
bosh and mario chalmers aka the worst starting pg in the league = salty AF. we'll see if miami can even get out of the first round this season.

As moot and ridiculous as your first post in this thread.
self ether is an admirable trait :applause:

lilgodfather1
10-10-2014, 06:09 PM
You got your wellfare rings Chris, likely solidifying you as a HOF player, now it us time to pay your taxes, because you are no longer the King's jester.

Chris Bosh will likely spend the rest of his career trying to recapture his glory days in Toronto, but the biggest difference between Toronto, and Miami is that nobody cares. They don't even care that you made the finals 4 years in a row.

Chris, will be a sad man one day, he will have been a champion, a HOFer, but his jersey will only hang in his basement, right next to LeBron's titles.

What did you expect? You went in knowing full well that you were going to be 3rd on the pecking order. This was set up for years. Nobody in their right mind, least of all a bad coach like Spo was going to call a play for Bosh over Wade or LeBron.

Magic 32
10-10-2014, 07:56 PM
What did you expect? You went in knowing full well that you were going to be 3rd on the pecking order.

:no:

Bosh expected to be part of a big 2. But Lebron wanted in on the action.

ProfessorMurder
10-10-2014, 08:44 PM

No. He's saying it sucks to play that way, but he had to for the team.

AirTupac
10-10-2014, 08:51 PM
LeBron makes his teammates better though .... :lol

3ball
10-10-2014, 08:54 PM
I have bookmarked this page...

Straight from the horses mouth - "I was worse playing with Lebron... it will be better this year now that he's gone".

That's what I heard...

:confusedshrug:

Dresta
10-10-2014, 09:13 PM
2011 Finals. There was no ''Lebron ball'' at all. How that turned out? Ironically, Lebron is probably historically blamed the most for that Dallas series when it comes to all time greats and that's the series where he completely shied away from his ''Lebron ball''. Of course, he's blamed for his usual playing style aswell known as ''Lebron ball''. Pretty hypocritical.
Correction: Miami were up 15 in game 2 when Lebron decided to statpad and Lebron balled his way to the L. Totally screwed up the rhythm of the team, and Miami were better with him off the court - says a lot.

LakersFan626
10-10-2014, 09:22 PM
It's the Eastern Conference! :biggums:
All any real star needs his 5 healthy bodies and you should at least be able to get an 8th seed.

Back then:

Celtics
Cavs
Magic
Hawks

Bulls (Rose, Deng, Noah)
Bucks (Bogut, Jennings)
Bobcats (Stephen Jackson, Gerald Wallace, Tyson Chandler, Raymond Felton)
Heat (Wade, Beasley, Jermaine O'Neal)

Raptors had Bosh and... Bargnani? Quite a difference compared to the teams above.

tpols
10-10-2014, 09:24 PM
You got your wellfare rings Chris, likely solidifying you as a HOF player, now it us time to pay your taxes, because you are no longer the King's jester.

Chris Bosh will likely spend the rest of his career trying to recapture his glory days in Toronto, but the biggest difference between Toronto, and Miami is that nobody cares. They don't even care that you made the finals 4 years in a row.

Chris, will be a sad man one day, he will have been a champion, a HOFer, but his jersey will only hang in his basement, right next to LeBron's titles.

What did you expect? You went in knowing full well that you were going to be 3rd on the pecking order. This was set up for years. Nobody in their right mind, least of all a bad coach like Spo was going to call a play for Bosh over Wade or LeBron.
Dude you don't need to change your whole style to be a third option.. odom didn't change his style.. they brought him in as a 6th man so he could have time handling the ball and doing his thing. Manu or Parker were both accommodated in roles they're used to.. Lebron ball literally turned bosh into a spot up shooter nothing like how he ever played.

LongLiveTheKing
10-10-2014, 09:34 PM

So Bosh expected to be the 2nd option over LeBron? And for Bron to be the 3rd option :roll:

Warfan
10-10-2014, 09:40 PM

So are you trying to say they didnt collude?

Bosh can get his 20/9 and get bounced in the first round again, the guy's overrated and soft as baby shit. Just spent the past few years getting his shit pushed in by any decent big (or even not so decent, roy hibbert :oldlol:), playing worse in the playoffs than the reg season and rebounding like a pointguard.

ProfessorMurder
10-10-2014, 09:54 PM
So are you trying to say they didnt collude?

Bosh can get his 20/9 and get bounced in the first round again, the guy's overrated and soft as baby shit. Just spent the past few years getting his shit pushed in by any decent big (or even not so decent, roy hibbert :oldlol:), playing worse in the playoffs than the reg season and rebounding like a pointguard.

How many rebounds can you get when you have to shoot corner threes all day because that's what Bran wants?

SCdac
10-10-2014, 10:17 PM
Didn't read all the posts, but Bosh was such a team player. Don't feel he gets enough credit for that

3ball
10-10-2014, 10:21 PM
Didn't read all the posts, but Bosh was such a team player. Don't feel he gets enough credit for that
very true... he sacrificed his game for lebron's entire tenure without any complaint.

as for lebron, we now know for certain (now that bosh has officially verbalized it) that Lebron's stats were a result of guys like Bosh having to sacrifice their game.

oarabbus
10-10-2014, 10:22 PM
very true... he sacrificed his game for lebron's entire tenure without any complaint.

as for lebron, we now know DEFINITIVELY (now that bosh has officially verbalized it) that Lebron's stats were indeed a result of guys like Bosh having to sacrifice their game.

now that TS% isn't so impressive (not that it ever had any impact on actually winning games).

:oldlol:

3ball
10-10-2014, 10:24 PM
:oldlol:
it is indeed hilarious that bosh has confirmed he had to sacrifice his game...

this of course positively affected lebron's stats... :confusedshrug:

so lebron's got his stats at the expense of other guys.... bosh has confirmed it.

Foster5k
10-11-2014, 10:40 AM
Lmao! These clowns lucky they're in the East. They're going to fall just like Cleveland did when LeBron high tailed it out of town a few years back. Bosh is softer than a satin pillowcase. Wade's knees are still questionable. Chalmers is still Chalmers. Spo is a puppet coach. These guys aren't going anywhere anytime soon. Be thankful LeBron bust his ass to get them their rings and made them relevant. Without LeBron, that Miami ship is sinking faster than fat lady with anchors tied to her ankles.

Bigsmoke
10-11-2014, 11:45 AM
Bosh had a chance to step up in the Finals when LBJ had cramps

SOD 21
10-11-2014, 12:38 PM
LeBron James has a special talent for neutering is teammates.