PDA

View Full Version : Lakers shot chart against the Warriors

ImKobe
10-13-2014, 09:59 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BzzJ7uPCUAA0608.jpg

:facepalm :facepalm :facepalm

Byron Scott is a freaking genius. Yeah, let's not chuck up many 3s, take long 2s instead!

protox
10-13-2014, 10:33 AM
Was he like this with the Cavs? I'm pretty sure they shot lots of threes. Never watched the Cavs play when he was coaching though.

ImKobe
10-13-2014, 10:50 AM
Was he like this with the Cavs? I'm pretty sure they shot lots of threes. Never watched the Cavs play when he was coaching though.

I think he's always been about taking it to the hole or just passing it to the open teammate (doesn't matter if it's a three or a mid-range J)...

IIRC, neither the Nets nor the Cavs really chucked that many 3s a game, they were more about ball movement and taking the best shot available, playing aggressive D to get some transition opportunities.

Obviously, this squad is a little different and he's adapting to the personnel. You can't make Kobe, Boozer & Nash run all game long, though I expect the bench to push the pace hard and probably chuck up a lot of 3s at times.

The starting 5 doesn't really feature much 3pt shooting outside of Kobe & Nash/Lin, so they'll probably take a lot of shots from the high post & elbows, baseline drives... Some elements from the Princeton offense.

We're fortunate to have Nash in a sense that he knows how to run the offense and get his teammates the best opportunities, and he's great at making inbound plays in close games (that old-school screen he set on Beverley or Lin last year that gave Blake a wide open 3 to win the game, for example).

We'll see come regular season. I don't really think we're a good 3pt shooting team so chucking a lot of 3s might hurt us in the long run, because missed 3s create transition opportunities (free buckets for the opposing teams).

nzamcdza
10-13-2014, 11:04 AM
3 or Key baby! That is the secret!

But one game is way to small of a sample margin.

swagga
10-13-2014, 11:49 AM
i don't matter as long as kobe gets his 30 ppg

chosen_one6
10-13-2014, 11:54 AM

That's an odd thing to say. You must not have much self worth.

senelcoolidge
10-13-2014, 11:55 AM
those glory years are done. years of sucking and mediocrity, get used to it laker fans. They should not have fired D'Antoni. At least he had an offense. Now the team has a old man Kobe, Wes Johnson, and Robert Sacre as their go to players.

Sakkreth
10-13-2014, 11:55 AM
So now whole team plays like Kobe...

Magic 32
10-13-2014, 11:57 AM
So now whole team plays like Kobe...

So the end result will be 5 rings?

swagga
10-13-2014, 11:58 AM
That's an odd thing to say. You must not have much self worth.

Sarcasm not even once?

swagga

more like multiple off rebounding opportunities for a dominant big man. :lol

Dragic4Life
nah Shaq and Gasol can't carry 12 players.

chosen_one6
10-13-2014, 12:10 PM
Sarcasm not even once?
Just once :pimp:

Bobcats2013
10-13-2014, 12:12 PM

Lakers looking at the other teams like

Career high for you, career high for you, career high for you,

EVERYBODY GETS A CAREER HIGH

chazzy
10-13-2014, 01:11 PM
Old school purists must love this team, since "taking 3s is STUPID"

Eric Cartman
10-13-2014, 01:29 PM
Okay, so who on the lakers should be taking 3's on a regular basis?

Fudge
10-13-2014, 01:31 PM
Laker fans, chime in on this please. Wondering the same.

Burgz V2
10-13-2014, 01:39 PM
can't discount the Warriors defense. They clearly have longer and more versatile defenders than the Lakers have versatile scorers. Kerr played for some really great defensive teams as well, especially Pop. Make them play in the "yard" and force them into contested twos, that's always been the Spurs M.O. and I've heard Kerr emphasize this many times on ESPN broadcasts. Lakers want to attack the rim and limit settling for threes, but when you have two legit bigs including one of the best defensive centers in the league that's a recipe for disaster.

Burgz V2
10-13-2014, 01:39 PM

Nash? :confusedshrug:

HylianNightmare
10-13-2014, 02:07 PM
3 or Key baby! That is the secret!

But one game is way to small of a sample margin.
this must mean allot to you for you to post

kamil
10-13-2014, 02:14 PM

Sounds like european soccer player mentality;

Better to look pretty for the cameras than to win.

ImKobe
10-13-2014, 03:43 PM
Laker fans, chime in on this please. Wondering the same.

Nash, Kobe, Henry, Ellington, Lin are decent enough shooters to be taking threes consistently. The team doesn't have to rely on the 3pt shooting or take a lot of attempts per game, but we have at least 5 guys that should be taking about 2-3 threes a game. Floor spacing is crucial in today's league.

I think right now, this is just the pre-season and I'm taking everything with a grain of salt, I doubt we'll be taking 40+ mid-range shots per game, that's just insane. Realistically, the guys were just a little winded from all the conditioning drills Scott has made them run and Golden State just came out with much more energy and played it like a regular season game - which is why we got outplayed by such a huge margin.

Kobe's lift will be there during the season - don't let this game fool you. He looked much better in the previous two games, it's obvious he was exhausted from the practice they had prior to the game and his shots happened to fall short, and he wasn't the only one.

Think about it, the whole team took a combined 19 shots at the rim, that's ridiculous :biggums:, the huge amount of jumpers tell me that they just didn't have the energy to drive to the rim.