PDA

View Full Version : The Vatican to embrace gays.

rezznor
10-13-2014, 01:23 PM
What will all the homophobes who use the church to justify their beliefs say now?

[QUOTE]
Vatican proposes 'stunning' shift on gays, lesbians
By Delia Gallagher, CNN

ROME (CNN)

RidonKs
10-13-2014, 01:30 PM
they'll say the vatican has gone astray by sacrificing its values for popularity

or something like that

macmac
10-13-2014, 01:31 PM
Lol it's funny how the old world is trying to come to terms and create official decrees on a society that has already long surpassed it and deemed it obsolete.

It's like a pack of ants discussing what to do with humans. "On the subject of the large legs from the sky, what should we do? Let them be for now, but keep your antennas sharp! One wrong move and we go for their Achilles heel"

zoom17
10-13-2014, 01:34 PM
lol

SugarHill
10-13-2014, 01:37 PM
Lol it's funny how the old world is trying to come to terms and create official decrees on a society that has already long surpassed it and deemed it obsolete.

It's like a pack of ants discussing what to do with humans. "On the subject of the large legs from the sky, what should we do? Let them be for now, but keep your antennas sharp! One wrong move and we go for their Achilles heel"

Has it really? Most people on this planet are religious. :oldlol:

joe
10-13-2014, 01:40 PM
It always confused me that Christianity would have any problem with gay people. They put the syntax of language over the core beliefs of their religion.

Syntax says - Marriage is between a man and a woman.

Core belief says - Love others as yourself, treat others as you would like to be treated, forgiveness and understanding, etc.

I think the wordage in the Bible should have been overshadowed by these principles all along.

RidonKs
10-13-2014, 01:43 PM

:roll:

MadeFromDust
10-13-2014, 02:03 PM
they'll say the vatican has gone astray by sacrificing its values for popularity

or something like that
Yup

MadeFromDust
10-13-2014, 02:04 PM
It always confused me that Christianity would have any problem with gay people. They put the syntax of language over the core beliefs of their religion.

Core belief says - Love others as yourself, treat others as you would like to be treated, forgiveness and understanding, etc.

I think the wordage in the Bible should have been overshadowed by these principles all along.
Ummm, yeah. If you could stop perverting the meaning of the word love, that'd be great :rolleyes:

SugarHill
10-13-2014, 02:06 PM
Ummm, yeah. If you could stop perverting the meaning of the word love, that'd be great :rolleyes:

I hope this is a joke.

Jailblazers7
10-13-2014, 02:10 PM

Yeah, I see it as a spirit of the law vs. letter of the law type of thing.

But general question, how many past popes do you think have been gay? There have been 226 of them so I'll set the over under at 10 since that would be roughly 4% which is the estimate for the gay adult population in the US.

~primetime~
10-13-2014, 02:22 PM

But general question, how many past popes do you think have been gay? There have been 226 of them so I'll set the over under at 10 since that would be roughly 4% which is the estimate for the gay adult population in the US.
I'll take the under...maybe 2-3

Different occupations can have extremely high or low populations of gays that vary greatly from the general population. Male Hair Dressers are way above the normal % and no reason to think other occupations have little to no homosexuals.

Pope doesn't seem like it would be an attractive job for a closeted gay male because it is so anti-gay...but I am sure there was an abnormally high % of pedophiles that were popes as that job is perfect for them. I'd put that at like 50.

joe
10-13-2014, 02:28 PM

Exactly what I was getting at.

Responding to the poster above, it could attract closeted gays who can not admit that they are gay to themselves. But who knows, really. Some people might not even know they are gay because they have tried so hard to deny it. It is crazy..

Droid101
10-13-2014, 02:44 PM

Syntax in the old testament sure. Just like where you can't eat shellfish or wear a cotton poly blend.

Jesus never said a single damn thing about gay people. Pretty sure all he said was be nice to each other and pay your damn taxes.

MadeFromDust
10-13-2014, 02:58 PM
I hope this is a joke.
Why would you hope it is a joke? Because you can't deal with the fact that gheys pervert the meaning of the word, love, to extend to sexual relations between two men? Loving your neighbor as yourself does not pertain to perverse sexual depravity you ISHiots. It pertains to basic care like feeding the hungry, clothing, help with shelter, money, transportation, advice, whatever the person *needs*. Sexual lust fulfillment is not a need, it's a perversion of the mind and body, i.e. sin.

If the Catholic Church is going to embrace homosexuality? Then they have surely exposed themselves as apostates. If they are going to "embrace" homosexuals themselves just because they are homos, then that's also harmful to the church. You don't mix light with darkness, and holy with depravity. If they say they are not going to exclude someone who is homosexual from getting the type of help from the church I mentioned above, and that's what they mean by "embrace" then that is in accordance with the spirit of the law.

On that note, who can fulfill the law? :oldlol:

#NotAllMoslems

rezznor
10-13-2014, 03:01 PM
Why would you hope it is a joke? Because you can't deal with the fact that gheys pervert the meaning of the word, love, to extend to sexual relations between two men? Loving your neighbor as yourself does not pertain to perverse sexual depravity you ISHiots. It pertains to basic care like feeding the hungry, clothing, help with shelter, money, transportation, advice, whatever the person *needs*. Sexual lust fulfillment is not a need, it's a perversion of the mind and body, i.e. sin.

If the Catholic Church is going to embrace homosexuality? Then they have surely exposed themselves as apostates. If they are going to "embrace" homosexuals themselves just because they are homos, then that's also harmful to the church. You don't mix light with darkness, and holy with depravity. If they say they are not going to exclude someone who is homosexual from getting the type of help from the church I mentioned above, and that's what they mean by "embrace" then that is in accordance with the spirit of the law.

#NotAllMoslems

they used to say that about mix-race couples

SugarHill
10-13-2014, 03:01 PM

#NotAllMoslems

Droid101
10-13-2014, 03:05 PM
Why would you hope it is a joke? Because you can't deal with the fact that gheys pervert the meaning of the word, love, to extend to sexual relations between two men? Loving your neighbor as yourself does not pertain to perverse sexual depravity you ISHiots.
You are on the wrong side of history.

http://37.media.tumblr.com/e804df28dcaa5a36683d2e95b282362c/tumblr_mje5mxceXo1r25qnio1_500.jpg

Kblaze8855
10-13-2014, 03:10 PM
I cant imagine that the Jesus depicted in the Bible would treat a gay man as any worse of a sinner than all the rest. Flawed but worthy of love and understanding....as quickly forgiven as all the other sinners. But his followers sure pretend they know which sins upset his father most. Meanwhile a list of other laws are totally disregarded for the sake of modern convenience and liking forbidden foods.....

Just let people live their lives as you do so long as they dont attempt to disrupt your life.

If there is some holy being judging everyone it doesnt need the help of a billion hypocrites.

MadeFromDust
10-13-2014, 03:14 PM
I cant imagine that the Jesus depicted in the Bible would treat a gay man as any worse of a sinner than all the rest. Flawed but worthy of love and understanding....as quickly forgiven as all the other sinners. But his followers sure pretend they know which sins upset his father most. Meanwhile a list of other laws are totally disregarded for the sake of modern convenience and liking forbidden foods.....

Just let people live their lives as you do so long as they dont attempt to disrupt your life.

If there is some holy being judging everyone it doesnt need the help of a billion hypocrites.
Ummm, the topic is about gheys and catholics. If you want to talk about other sins besides those two, then just start another topic. :rolleyes:

#NotAllMoslems

Droid101
10-13-2014, 03:17 PM
Ummm, the topic is about gheys and catholics. If you want to talk about other sins besides those two, then just start another topic. :rolleyes:

#NotAllMoslems
What does this have to do with "Moslems?"

**** is wrong with you? I honestly hope your children turn out to be gay so maybe you won't be so hateful and ignorant in the future.

rufuspaul
10-13-2014, 03:20 PM
Not surprising. The Jesuits have been accepting of gays for quite some time now.

Myth
10-13-2014, 04:12 PM
For the last 40 minutes, every time I saw this thread title, I believed it was "The Vacation to embrace gays."

DonDadda59
10-13-2014, 04:27 PM
Someone call Bruce Willis, Ben Affleck and them... Armageddon's a commin. The 4 horsemen of the Apocalypse are riding into town, and they'll be circle jerking with official approval from the pope himself.

Nanners
10-13-2014, 04:29 PM

**** is wrong with you? I honestly hope your children turn out to be gay so maybe you won't be so hateful and ignorant in the future.

I honestly hope he doesnt have children....

DonDadda59
10-13-2014, 04:40 PM
I honestly hope he doesnt have children....

Yeah, he'd probably behead his kids if they turned out gay. #NotAllMuslims

MavsSuperFan
10-13-2014, 04:59 PM
so were all the popes before this fallible on this issue?

MavsSuperFan
10-13-2014, 05:01 PM

thats a horrible thing to wish.

in a lot of cases it ends up with the parent disowning the child, and messing up the child really badly.

I honestly hope homophobes dont have gay kids, just because it would be cruel to the kids.

MadeFromDust
10-13-2014, 05:05 PM
Nevermind, you uncircumsized blasphemers...false alarm. The OP misrepresented the Catholic stance on the issue. Here's the real scoop

What the Vatican Really Said About Homosexuality (http://time.com/3502522/pope-francis-vatican-catholic-church-homosexuality/)

Catholic marriage is still between a man and a woman. All is well.

sweggeh
10-13-2014, 05:18 PM
Nevermind, you uncircumsized blasphemers...false alarm. The OP misrepresented the Catholic stance on the issue. Here's the real scoop

What the Vatican Really Said About Homosexuality (http://time.com/3502522/pope-francis-vatican-catholic-church-homosexuality/)

Catholic marriage is still between a man and a woman. All is well.

Why do the people have to be straight if the pope and his boys are allowed to **** little boys?

DwnShft2Xcelr8
10-13-2014, 05:29 PM
Not that I oppose their decision to accept homosexuals, but this is just another way to laugh at religion. I just love how they change "God's word" to fit their agenda.

Oh, people are turned off by Catholicism's homophobia? **** it, God says it's okay to be gay now.

Oh, people are turned off by Catholicism not recognizing unmarried couples living together as legit couples? **** it, God says it's okay to have sex before marriage now.

MadeFromDust
10-13-2014, 05:35 PM
Not that I oppose their decision to accept homosexuals, but this is just another way to laugh at religion. I just love how they change "God's word" to fit their agenda.

Oh, people are turned off by Catholicism's homophobia? **** it, God says it's okay to be gay now.

Oh, people are turned off by Catholicism not recognizing unmarried couples living together as legit couples? **** it, God says it's okay to have sex before marriage now.
If only they actually made those decisions, your post would make sense :facepalm

sweggeh
10-13-2014, 05:36 PM
If only they actually made those decisions, your post would make sense :facepalm

You didnt answer my question bitch.

Why arent people allowed to be gay, but Catholic Priests are allowed to **** little boys?

#NotAllCatholicPriests

Godzuki
10-13-2014, 08:09 PM
i feel this pope is way too radical for the norm and this one decisiion alone will kill his credibility with most who are on the far side of christianity. he has to be smarter than this. i completely support his views, but its too much too fast, and he is alienating the base who otherwise would possibly support him if it were more subtlely done. its just way too extreme to all of a sudden take these pro gay stances for the far right Christians, who will discredit the current Pope.

RoseCity07
10-13-2014, 08:21 PM
Another "we've lost this battle so let's try and bend our beliefs because society is moving away from us" epiphany. Sam Harris talked about this as an example of how humans are perfectly capable of figuring out how to be moral without the Bible. The religious try to take credit by giving god the credit. I guess god changes his mind to whatever society already determines is wrong in the Bible. That god guy sure is a follower. Are we teaching him morality?

RoseCity07
10-13-2014, 08:22 PM

Nailed it.

SugarHill
10-13-2014, 08:32 PM
You didnt answer my question bitch.

Why arent people allowed to be gay, but Catholic Priests are allowed to **** little boys?

#NotAllCatholicPriests

MadeFromDust
10-13-2014, 10:50 PM
i feel this pope is way too radical for the norm and this one decisiion alone will kill his credibility with most who are on the far side of christianity. he has to be smarter than this. i completely support his views, but its too much too fast, and he is alienating the base who otherwise would possibly support him if it were more subtlely done. its just way too extreme to all of a sudden take these pro gay stances for the far right Christians, who will discredit the current Pope.
Ummm, what decision are you referring to? :confusedshrug:

MadeFromDust
10-13-2014, 10:59 PM
Nailed it.
Ummm, is this you?
http://memecrunch.com/meme/1BO3W/looks-good-to-me/image.jpg

There was not a decision to accept homos

MadeFromDust
10-13-2014, 11:03 PM
Not surprising. The Jesuits have been accepting of gays for quite some time now.
Ummmm, who? :biggums:

MadeFromDust
10-13-2014, 11:04 PM
Another "we've lost this battle so let's try and bend our beliefs because society is moving away from us" epiphany. Sam Harris talked about this as an example of how humans are perfectly capable of figuring out how to be moral without the Bible. The religious try to take credit by giving god the credit. I guess god changes his mind to whatever society already determines is wrong in the Bible. That god guy sure is a follower. Are we teaching him morality?
Ummm, who bent their beliefs again? :confusedshrug:

MadeFromDust
10-13-2014, 11:09 PM
What will all the homophobes who use the church to justify their beliefs say now?
What do you mean by homophobes? Bcuz nobody's scurred of the gheys. :no: