PDA

View Full Version : Sorry but flashy dunks, awkward jumper & forced post moves does not make you top 5

k0kakw0rld
10-14-2014, 11:49 PM
The man he's not even the best at his position

Offensively, Love, Aldridge and Z-Bo are better. Defensively he's not a master. We all know Love has to improve there but lets not act as if Griffin is a genius in that department. He has the benefit of the doubt, cause deandre is there to erase his mistakes.

So no, Griffin is not top 5 and he's not better than Love.

ralph_i_el
10-14-2014, 11:53 PM
What is everyone's obsession with post moves being pretty? Lebron and BG are 2 of the 5 most efficient t post players in the league and they get hated on for that aspect of their game.

Give me effective over pretty 10/10 times.

Tell me please how LMA is better than BG? Better at shooting long 2's, that's it.

navy
10-14-2014, 11:53 PM
Im not sure why people are always so concerned with aesthetics and means rather than results. If Blake Griffin is out here beasting with an awkward jumper, awkward post moves, and flashy dunks then he is performing. It doesnt matter what you prefer.

Blake was third in MVP voting last year, let's not pretend like the idea he is top 5 is outrageous now.

iamgine
10-14-2014, 11:56 PM
Even with all those shortcomings he's still scoring more with better efficiency than Aldridge and Zbo.

k0kakw0rld
10-15-2014, 12:03 AM
Im not sure why people are always so concerned with aesthetics and means rather than results. If Blake Griffin is out here beasting with and awkward jumper, post moves, and flashy dunks then he is performing. It doesnt matter what you prefer.

Blake was third in MVP voting last year, let's not pretend like the idea he is top 5 is outrageous now.
Love's stats and game last year > Blake's
Blake's team record > Love's

Who plays with another top 5 player? Blake
Who plays with dpoy? Blake
Who plays with 6th man of the year? Blake again
Better organization? Clippers
Better PG? Paul not Rubio

Doc > Adelman

Now with coach Blatt using Love properly, he will be even more scary than ever. Wait and see.

k0kakw0rld
10-15-2014, 12:05 AM
What is everyone's obsession with post moves being pretty? Lebron and BG are 2 of the 5 most efficient t post players in the league and they get hated on for that aspect of their game.

Give me effective over pretty 10/10 times.

Tell me please how LMA is better than BG? Better at shooting long 2's, that's it.
Tell me please how BG is better than both Love and LMA?

KDthunderup
10-15-2014, 12:06 AM
Those guys may have better games aesthetically apart from dunks but Blake Griffin probably has the best body control and contortion out of all those guys which helps him a lot in the post. Plus he goes in harder and has more strength then those guys. Too bad his flopping often makes him look like a soft bitch.

navy
10-15-2014, 12:09 AM
Love's stats and game last year > Blake's
Blake's team record > Love's

Who plays with another top 5 player? Blake
Who plays with dpoy? Blake
Who plays with 6th man of the year? Blake again
Better organization? Clippers
Better PG? Paul not Rubio

Doc > Adelman

Now with coach Blatt using Love properly, he will be even more scary than ever. Wait and see.

Love's stats are the direct result of being the number 1 on a shitty team.

He wont touch Blake this year statistically.

Fudge
10-15-2014, 12:11 AM
:facepalm

ralph_i_el
10-15-2014, 12:12 AM
Tell me please how BG is better than both Love and LMA?
Blake v. LMA:
Blake is a better finisher, rebounder, passer, and ball handler. He's more athletic and gets to the rim constantly. He's also a better PnR roll man. He's better in transition as well.

LMA is good at long 2's and running pick and pops.

I think Love is as good as BG. Too different and hard to compare. I like them both a lot. I'd take Love on my team if I had the choice.

LMA shoots lots of pretty fadeaways and people mistake that for being good. He's tall and shoots a nice jumper. Other than that he's not special. Maybe if he evolves into a good 3 point shooter, or starts getting to the rim out of his post-ups. I would not want LMA on my team. I'd rather have a decent number of other bigs over him honestly.

k0kakw0rld
10-15-2014, 12:18 AM
Love's stats are the direct result of being the number 1 on a shitty team.

He wont touch Blake this year statistically.
Blatt's offense is designed for a player like Love. He will still grab his rebounds (cause he's an elite rebounder and he will average more assists than last year. (He's an amazing and willing passer). So he will average more rebs and assists than BG . Now points,i hear people saying, he will be 2 or option 3 on offense, because of Bron, Kyrie but they dont know anything about Blatt's system. BBALLBREAKDOWN should help you understand. Or maybe pay attention to preseason games.

navy
10-15-2014, 12:26 AM
Blatt's offense is designed for a player like Love. He will still grab his rebounds (cause he's an elite rebounder and he will average more assists than last year. (He's an amazing and willing passer). So he will average more rebs and assists than BG . Now points,i hear people saying, he will be 2 or option 3 on offense, because of Bron, Kyrie but they dont know anything about Blatt's system. BBALLBREAKDOWN should help you understand. Or maybe pay attention to preseason games.
He will be competing with Thompson, Varejao, and Lebron all elite to good rebounders. He will see a decline there. He wont average more than 5 assist most likely. Blatt's system has yet to be seen in the nba. Push comes to shove the cavs could run 5 out with Lebron and Kyrie being the ball handlers and Love read for the kickout. Im sure we will see it alot, with talent of Kyrie and Lebron's level and Love's three point shooting.

He the second best player on the team, but the third or maybe even fourth best offensive creator. His points will go down. And yes, I watch bballbreakdown.

That doesnt mean he is somehow a worse player though. I just dont think he is better than Blake.

Preseason, where Blake dropped 31 in 3 quarters. :oldlol:

rhowen4
10-15-2014, 12:28 AM
blake's game was really funny last year. it's slightly less funny now since his jumper is more smooth.

still has really awkward forced post moves.

what's the not top 5 thing? surely you don't mean not a top 5 PF. top 5 player is arguable, he's in the conversation.

j3lademaster
10-15-2014, 12:29 AM
Don't get it twisted Blake's a beast. Have to see Love defensively with actual help on that side of the ball (Pekovic is a crap help defender while Deandre is a glorious unicorn of paint protection) and how he performs on a team with a target on its back before I can make my decision between the 2, but for right now I have to go with Blake after his playoff performance last season.

BG, to me, is the best pf in the league unless you consider Lebron one.

JT123
10-15-2014, 12:36 AM
The man he's not even the best at his position

Offensively, Love, Aldridge and Z-Bo are better. Defensively he's not a master. We all know Love has to improve there but lets not act as if Griffin is a genius in that department. He has the benefit of the doubt, cause deandre is there to erase his mistakes.

So no, Griffin is not top 5 and he's not better than Love.
:biggums:

J Shuttlesworth
10-15-2014, 12:38 AM
Im not sure why people are always so concerned with aesthetics and means rather than results. If Blake Griffin is out here beasting with and awkward jumper, post moves, and flashy dunks then he is performing. It doesnt matter what you prefer.

Exactly. Couldn't have said it better

navy
10-15-2014, 12:42 AM
Exactly. Couldn't have said it better
Well I had a few typos, so yeah you could have. :lol

J Shuttlesworth
10-15-2014, 12:44 AM
Well I had a few typos, so yeah you could have. :lol
lol repped

k0kakw0rld
10-15-2014, 12:47 AM
Don't get it twisted Blake's a beast. Have to see Love defensively with actual help on that side of the ball (Pekovic is a crap help defender while Deandre is a glorious unicorn of paint protection) and how he performs on a team with a target on its back before I can make my decision between the 2, but for right now I have to go with Blake after his playoff performance last season.

BG, to me, is the best pf in the league unless you consider Lebron one.
Varejao and Haywood are not "creme de la creme" but playing with LeBron should be enough for him to at least try lol Don't get it twisted Love is a beast and the most complete offensive player in our game today. The reason why I'm not skeptic about Love's ability to perform in the playoffs, is because he always performs vs elite teams aka Big games. Scored 40+ pts 10+ rebs vs Spurs and Pacers last year 40 pts 14 rebs 9 assists vs Warriors; 45 19 6 vs clippers. Best in the league.

When you play with a bunch of nobodies, great defensive teams will most likely focus the attention towards you, just sayin'

j3lademaster
10-15-2014, 12:50 AM
Im not sure why people are always so concerned with aesthetics and means rather than results.Because aesthetics are fun to watch. Unless I have a horse in the race I just want to watch pretty well executed basketball.

k0kakw0rld
10-15-2014, 12:51 AM
:biggums:
May i help you? It is the truth. People here act like he was carryin some scrubs without cp3. #overrated

BuffaloBill
10-15-2014, 01:40 AM
Awkward jumper?

Somebody show him the clips (no pun intended)

NZStreetBaller
10-15-2014, 04:55 AM
Blake griffin is 100% more athletic then both LMA and love. he'll be there to finish almost every fastbreak (extremely reliable) kind of like lebron. and all the other stuff (post moves jumpers). BG is constantly improving in every area. just watch this season.

chips93
10-15-2014, 05:05 AM

blatt is very maleable, he will build a system around the players that he has.

coach nick is talking out of his ass if he thinks he knows what offense the cavs will be running this year.

all we know is there should be good ball movement, thats it.

MP.Trey
10-15-2014, 05:44 AM
ISH, where aesthetics mean more than results.

Myth
10-15-2014, 01:45 PM
Blake v. LMA:
Blake is a better finisher, rebounder, passer, and ball handler. He's more athletic and gets to the rim constantly. He's also a better PnR roll man. He's better in transition as well.

LMA is good at long 2's and running pick and pops.

I think Love is as good as BG. Too different and hard to compare. I like them both a lot. I'd take Love on my team if I had the choice.

LMA shoots lots of pretty fadeaways and people mistake that for being good. He's tall and shoots a nice jumper. Other than that he's not special. Maybe if he evolves into a good 3 point shooter, or starts getting to the rim out of his post-ups. I would not want LMA on my team. I'd rather have a decent number of other bigs over him honestly.

I have no problem with the idea of Love being better than LMA, but it is worth noting that LMA is a better defender. Also, don't underestimate his running hook in the paint.

ArbitraryWater
10-15-2014, 02:22 PM
This is like ISH on LeBron in 2008 or 2011

Darius
10-15-2014, 05:56 PM
Love, LMA and Blake are all in the conversation.

Pretty hard to differentiate at the moment.

Oddly, even though I think Blake is slightly better than LMA, Love I'd consider having those two on the Clippers because they'd probably fit better with CP3.

LMA/Love are better as finishers but Blake is better as a creator.

It depends what your team needs... I think creators are more valuable overall but if you already have one (CP3) than a finisher might be better for your team.

HOoopCityJones
10-15-2014, 05:58 PM
Welp. it's official. I'm dead inside. :facepalm

JT123
10-15-2014, 06:07 PM
May i help you? It is the truth. People here act like he was carryin some scrubs without cp3. #overrated
How is Z-bo a better offensive player than Blake? I don't watch the Grizzlies very often, but I know that Zach looked like hot garbage against OKC in last season's playoffs.

ralph_i_el
10-15-2014, 06:33 PM
I have no problem with the idea of Love being better than LMA, but it is worth noting that LMA is a better defender. Also, don't underestimate his running hook in the paint.
True and True.

LMA also is a good team offensive player because he understands how to move in open space, and he can PnR or PnP (which has helped turn Lillard into such a force). Also, there is a ton of value in being able to easily get a shot off on demand (aka late game/shot clock situations).

So yeah, I hated on LMA a little too hard. But last season less than 1/5th of his shots came at the rim. He shot an elite percentage from the midrange....but more than half his shots were midrange jumpers. Even shooting an elite percentage from those spots is inefficient in the long run, unless you're going to shot 50% from those spots like Dirk.

honestly, LMA has the tools to be Black-Dirk. The only thing stopping him is that he doesn't shoot 3's, and he doesn't go to the line as often. Dirk also took more of his shots from the close-mid range as opposed to the deep midrange. I think that's because Dirk is/was more comfortable taking a few power dribbles out there to get a slightly better shot.

Myth
10-17-2014, 12:24 PM
honestly, LMA has the tools to be Black-Dirk. The only thing stopping him is that he doesn't shoot 3's, and he doesn't go to the line as often.

Well good news then:

I'm definitely going to shoot more threes. Coach has been trying to get me to shoot them for the last two years. I think I'm the last player who didn't want to shoot threes. I just wanted to wait until I was more comfortable with it. I definitely worked on it this summer and I feel more comfortable with it. Coach has already put me in plays where I'm in the corner more, I can down the three. I think that's going to be one of the things I bring to the team this year.

http://www.oregonlive.com/blazers/index.ssf/2014/10/do_you_want_to_see_lamarcus_aldridge_shoot_more_th .html

Fiasco
10-17-2014, 04:45 PM
Proof you don't have to be over 10 in order to register for an account here.

ralph_i_el
10-17-2014, 06:54 PM
Well good news then:

http://www.oregonlive.com/blazers/index.ssf/2014/10/do_you_want_to_see_lamarcus_aldridge_shoot_more_th .html

Good stuff! Getting with the times

JohnMax
10-17-2014, 06:59 PM
By that logic. Lebron cannot be a top 50 all-time great because he's also weak at those things.