PDA

View Full Version : Zach LaVine will be better than Andrew Wiggins

Eric Cartman
10-15-2014, 11:39 PM
Not saying Wiggins will be a bust or anything like that, but when I see LaVine play superstar potential is all I see; not to mention a knockdown shooter. Wiggins doesn't have that killer instinct, broken jumpshot and probably would be suited for a #2 role.

Both are athletic freaks with unbelievable quickness and leaping ability so even if I'm wrong they will be fun to watch :cheers:

Cocaine80s
10-15-2014, 11:40 PM
In.

Lord Bean
10-15-2014, 11:43 PM
i think we everyone agree it is best for wig gin not to be with cavaliers now he can play to game he want to play and not lebron game

did you know kevin love score 25 point one game without lebron then 5 point next game with lebron

i am so happ wig gin play without a lebron now he can be star plaer

JtotheIzzo
10-16-2014, 01:19 AM
Lavine might beat him in a dunk contest, but that is it.

Lavine couldn't start for UCLA las season so I am having real trouble seeing him play more than 15mpg in Minnesota. Wiggins will play at least 30mpg, so it won't really be a fair comparison.

The only rookie that will compete with Wiggins this season is Jabari, and even he is looking a bit off the mark, perhaps the extra attention he is drawing from defenders as Milwaukee's main guy is a detriment?

Lavine can be a nice player down the road, but he doesn't have the greatness gene, Wiggins does.

fiddy
10-16-2014, 02:17 AM
In.
Cocaine80s=OP

NBAplayoffs2001
10-16-2014, 12:57 PM
And I do 360s better than LeBron at 5'9'' in shoes. :durantunimpressed:

El Gato Negro
10-16-2014, 01:32 PM
No, also family guy>south park

Eric Cartman
10-16-2014, 01:41 PM
No, also family guy>south park

:biggums:

hateraid
10-16-2014, 01:41 PM
I think combine stats have everyone fooled about LaVine. What's not measured is the intangibles and game instinct.

Eric Cartman
11-29-2014, 01:28 AM
28 points and counting on 84% shooting for my boy against the Lakers.

:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

KingPush
11-29-2014, 01:30 AM
In.
In.

disel
11-29-2014, 01:30 AM
if lin was guardin him every game

Kvnzhangyay
11-29-2014, 01:32 AM
if lin was guardin him every game

Bro your literally obsessed with him LOL just get over it he's an average starting PG nothing more nothing less

waseem780
11-29-2014, 01:33 AM
Lavine has his career night the same night Wiggins has his worst night :lol . (so far)

L.A.Hawks
11-29-2014, 01:40 AM
Lavine has his career night the same night Wiggins has his worst night :lol . (so far)

against the jordan of this era (kobe)....says alot about wiggins's hunger and drive....kid will not be a superstar.

waseem780
11-29-2014, 02:35 AM
against the jordan of this era (kobe)....says alot about wiggins's hunger and drive....kid will not be a superstar.
Yeah they have two different personalities its pretty interesting. LaVine has said he would enter the dunk contest 100% from before he even got drafted. Wiggins however is still iffy and hasn't gave a straight answer about it. Seems like LaVine is more outgoing. Both are hard-workers though

Bless Mathews
11-29-2014, 03:04 AM
28 points and counting on 84% shooting for my boy against the Lakers.

:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

In only 26 minutes.

My light skinned niggah from the 425.

JtotheIzzo
11-29-2014, 04:17 AM

dumb

back on point, Lavine played great tonight, if this is a sign of things to come then this backcourt will be deadly

buddha
11-29-2014, 04:28 AM
In only 26 minutes.

My light skinned niggah from the 425.

i smoked some weed wit the niggah. he's pretty beta.

Bless Mathews
11-29-2014, 08:45 AM
i smoked some weed wit the niggah. he's pretty beta.

NiggAh from tha burbs. He cool though.

kurple
11-29-2014, 09:47 AM
I think combine stats have everyone fooled about LaVine. What's not measured is the lack of intangibles and game instinct.
fxd

LAZERUSS
11-29-2014, 10:07 AM
Gotta love ISH...where careers are decided by one game.

It reminds me of those posts where a career 20 ppg scorer puts up 15 points in the 1st quarter, and immediately we get a "60 point watch" topic.

BTW, Lavine wasn't the only Wolves guard torching the Lakers last night. Their two other guards, Mo Williams and Corey Brewer combined for 38 points, on 14-23 shooting, and with 19 assists.

Let's revisit this topic in a couple of weeks, shall we?

fiddy
11-29-2014, 10:16 AM
Gotta love ISH...where careers are decided by one game.

It reminds me of those posts where a career 20 ppg scorer puts up 15 points in the 1st quarter, and immediately we get a "60 point watch" topic.

BTW, Lavine wasn't the only Wolves guard torching the Lakers last night. Their two other guards, Mo Williams and Corey Brewer combined for 38 points, on 14-23 shooting, and with 19 assists.

Let's revisit this topic in a couple of weeks, shall we?

The thread was started in the middle of October. Check the OP's date. I think the OP (and all of his alts) is a Lavine stan.

LAZERUSS
11-29-2014, 10:36 AM
The thread was started in the middle of October. Check the OP's date. I think the OP (and all of his alts) is a Lavine stan.

I notice too that this topic was completely ignored until last night. How come?

el gringos
11-29-2014, 12:52 PM
Is he playing pg?

dreamwarrior
11-29-2014, 02:40 PM
Its just one game. Zach has a good jumper now. But it was Wiggins D that forced Kobe to hesitate and force a 3.

navy
11-29-2014, 03:13 PM
Its just one game. Zach has a good jumper now. But it was Wiggins D that forced Kobe to hesitate and force a 3.
No it wasnt. Wiggins was lost all night and on that play as well. Kobe was shocked he was so open so he took a three to win.

L.A.Hawks
11-29-2014, 06:22 PM
dumb

back on point, Lavine played great tonight, if this is a sign of things to come then this backcourt will be deadly

Says a lot about your personality too.

Kobe is the Jordan of this era, sorry.

No superstar ever scores ****in 3 points their first time playing against a legend of kobes level. It's already been a known thing one of wiggins flaws is his motor. Go ahead and name a superstar guard or forward who scored only 3 points when also starting while their first time playing against Jordan....I'll wait.

I like wiggins, but he is not superstar material. There's a reason he was traded from the cavs despite being the number 1 pick in a supposedly talented deep draft class.

Verticality
11-29-2014, 06:30 PM
I'm still banking on Wiggins being better.

JtotheIzzo
11-30-2014, 01:50 AM
Says a lot about your personality too.

Kobe is the Jordan of this era, sorry.

No superstar ever scores ****in 3 points their first time playing against a legend of kobes level. It's already been a known thing one of wiggins flaws is his motor. Go ahead and name a superstar guard or forward who scored only 3 points when also starting while their first time playing against Jordan....I'll wait.

I like wiggins, but he is not superstar material. There's a reason he was traded from the cavs despite being the number 1 pick in a supposedly talented deep draft class.

so it is not just one game where you make blanket statements, they are also made reading one post.

you're wrong, you will be proven wrong, but you are too dumb to recognize it.

Too many participation ribbons in your youth.

L.A.Hawks
11-30-2014, 04:50 AM
I'm wrong? Prove it. This is my opinion...do you not know the difference between opinion and fact? Sorry wiggins isn't going to be Kobe, Jordan, lebron, iverson, or even penny hardaway....u mad that t wolves are nothing? Or just that in denial? Keep it moving loser

Eric Cartman
12-07-2014, 01:49 AM
22/10 for LaVine against the defending champs.

Where is the roof on this guy? :bowdown:

MiseryCityTexas
12-07-2014, 01:54 AM
Honestly I already think he's better than Wiggins.

LAZERUSS
12-07-2014, 01:55 AM
22/10 for LaVine against the defending champs.

Where is the roof on this guy? :bowdown:

The defending champs?

The Spurs had their last players on the bench playing the vast majority of the minutes tonight. Leonard played 27 minutes, Duncan 19, and neither Parker, nor Ginobili played at all. Furthermore, the three benchwarming guards that did play, scored 49 points on 18-31 shooting. Oh, and even with this cast, they led by 28 minutes mid-way thru the 4th quarter.

One can only wonder just how bad that game would have gone for the Wolves, had the Spurs played each of their starters for 40 minutes in that game. Might have even been a shutout.

Eric Cartman
12-07-2014, 02:00 AM
More importantly, what does this say about Andrew Wiggins? Only 3-13 tonight, no shooting touch and kinda just does through the motions out there. The hype is dying quickly with him.

LaVine beast potential tho. Don't even trip, Lazeruss.

LAZERUSS
12-07-2014, 02:04 AM
More importantly, what does this say about Andrew Wiggins? Only 3-13 tonight, no shooting touch and kinda just does through the motions out there. The hype is dying quickly with him.

Wiggins has been a MAJOR disappointment. However, I could at least understand him being a high draft pick. He had a good college career, and was the most hyped player in college last season, until the last couple of months.

He may be bust, too. Who knows? Nowadays, with players only playing a single year of college ball, you just have no idea how good they really are. Gone are the days when kids played four years of college ball, and then led the NBA in scoring, or won MVPs in their rookie seasons.

MiseryCityTexas
12-07-2014, 02:12 AM

I told people long before the NBA season started that Wiggins had problems putting the ball on the floor and creating his own shot off the dribble ever since his college years. Wiggins was a non factor in the NCAA tournament because of great defense.

Eric Cartman
04-12-2015, 03:10 PM
Lavine might beat him in a dunk contest, but that is it.

Lavine couldn't start for UCLA las season so I am having real trouble seeing him play more than 15mpg in Minnesota. Wiggins will play at least 30mpg, so it won't really be a fair comparison.

The only rookie that will compete with Wiggins this season is Jabari, and even he is looking a bit off the mark, perhaps the extra attention he is drawing from defenders as Milwaukee's main guy is a detriment?

Lavine can be a nice player down the road, but he doesn't have the greatness gene, Wiggins does.

:coleman:

Dave3
04-12-2015, 03:12 PM
:coleman:
He's wrong, but so are you with the title. To be totally honest though, I thought a little bit similarly in the beginning of the season just because Wiggins' attitude seemed so passive and seemingly uninterested. Glad I was wrong though.

SaltyMeatballs
04-12-2015, 03:13 PM
Both of them will be good.

Eric Cartman
04-12-2015, 03:13 PM
2 wrongs = 1 right.