PDA

View Full Version : Tony Wroten will win MIP

hateraid
10-16-2014, 01:48 PM
I can feel it. He's becoming a go to guy here in Philly during preseason. With talks about trading MCW I think Wroten can take over that role and lead this young team. He's confident, he's gutsy, with the big guys behind him he can do some damage this year.
He'll be the healthy version of Tyreke Evans. The break out season like Kyle Lowry.

hateraid
10-16-2014, 06:39 PM
Subscribed. Will bump :D

Smook A.
10-16-2014, 06:40 PM
I'm gonna go with Anthony Bennett as the league's next MIP. Book it.

sammichoffate
10-16-2014, 06:43 PM
I got Giannis

SpecialQue
10-16-2014, 06:45 PM
Zero chance of this happening. Sorry.

buddha
10-16-2014, 06:50 PM
he gets lost on defense, can't shoot or make plays for others. he can get to the hoop at will though.

russwest0
10-16-2014, 06:50 PM
Steven Adams' minutes will probably double, and he legit looks like a better basketball player every game I watch, so he's a strong candidate as well.

HylianNightmare
10-16-2014, 06:59 PM
hopefully. he's very fun to watch

outbreak
10-16-2014, 07:02 PM
Steven Adams' minutes will probably double, and he legit looks like a better basketball player every game I watch, so he's a strong candidate as well.

Adams will be great but I don't see them giving it to a second year player who has a minutes bump.

poido123
10-16-2014, 07:02 PM

Adams is a really good chance.

I have him or Anthony Bennett

outbreak
10-16-2014, 07:09 PM
I have teletovic as a dark horse. With that nets team they are likely to have injuries increase his minutes, he's been in the league a couple of years already as well.

kurple
10-16-2014, 07:16 PM
maybe tobias harris. someone has to score for orlando

outbreak
10-16-2014, 07:30 PM
maybe tobias harris. someone has to score for orlando

Maybe but between Vucevic, Frye and Oladipo I still don't see Harris scoring 20ppg and he put up something like 15ppg already last year and averaged 17ppg the year before that with us. We don't have many scorers but we will probably still have a balanced offence unless someone takes a big step up this year.

MiseryCityTexas
10-16-2014, 09:20 PM
Too early to tell. Everybody that rarely plays in the regular season has solid pre season games. (see James Johnson and Kelvin Cato).

andremiller07
10-17-2014, 04:47 AM
Cannot believe the Grizz gave up on him smh

TaLvsCuaL
10-17-2014, 04:56 AM
Adams

Random_Guy
10-17-2014, 05:20 AM
i say adams too, and as for bennet, well i dunno

hateraid
10-17-2014, 05:40 PM
Last night's box score after I posted this thread:

17pts, 2-3 3s, 5 AST, 3 REB, 3 ST, 3 TO

Danm!

hateraid
10-17-2014, 05:48 PM
he gets lost on defense, can't shoot or make plays for others. he can get to the hoop at will though.

1- He's a lane hawk. He got MCW to play 1-on-1 D and Even when he's on, he's got 2 top 5 shot blockers to back his ass up.

2- He's a scorer, that's what the Sixers need. He's a pretty good passer as well when getting his minutes.

KG215
10-17-2014, 09:05 PM
Last night's box score after I posted this thread:

17pts, 2-3 3s, 5 AST, 3 REB, 3 ST, 3 TO

Danm!
And he just dropped 33 on me in 2K15 in just 21 minutes.

So there's that.

I'm sure it means something.

hateraid
10-18-2014, 07:11 PM
And he just dropped 33 on me in 2K15 in just 21 minutes.

So there's that.

I'm sure it means something.

That's absurd. You're talking about a video game. I'm talking about a real life player trying to earn a starting job

LoneyROY7
10-18-2014, 07:13 PM
I have a feeling Gordon Hayward might make a jump this season.

RoundMoundOfReb
10-18-2014, 07:16 PM
I thought that you had to be on an NBA team to qualify for this award?

hateraid
10-18-2014, 07:37 PM
I thought that you had to be on an NBA team to qualify for this award?
I don't get it. Was that supposed to be a joke?

EricGordon23
10-18-2014, 08:16 PM
Pretty sure it will be lance stephenson or kelly olynyk maybe even sullinger

RoundMoundOfReb
10-18-2014, 08:17 PM
I don't get it. Was that supposed to be a joke?
yes

Real14
10-18-2014, 08:22 PM
And J.r smith will be season mvp:rolleyes:

chips93
10-18-2014, 08:57 PM
i could see it. he has some great tools

somehow bennett became slightly overrated on thsi board. a couple months ago, i didnt think that would ever be possible

Brizzly
10-18-2014, 09:33 PM
I'm gonna go with Anthony Bennett as the league's next MIP. Book it.
:lol :roll: :lol :oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol: '

AboutBuckets
10-19-2014, 01:05 AM
Too early to tell. Everybody that rarely plays in the regular season has solid pre season games. (see James Johnson and Kelvin Cato).

Lmao reaching back

hateraid
11-06-2014, 06:54 AM
My pick looks good.....

Dr.J4ever
11-06-2014, 11:13 AM
My pick looks good.....

Yep, good job.

MCW coming back soon, and there is talk of moving Wrotten at the 2. I'm keeping my fingers crossed, but the 76ers are slowly adding up to their nucleus of MCW, Noel, and now Wrotten.

We are not even talking about Embiid and Saric. There is reason for hope.:applause:

Jailblazers7
11-06-2014, 11:23 AM
Has he looked better from a decision making and defense perspective? Last year he was good but a bit of an empty stats type of guy. I haven't had the chance to watch any games yet.

midatlantic09
11-06-2014, 11:48 AM
Ya know, it's absolutely hilarious how a guy who can't even use his opposite hand was able to not only make it to the NBA, but is now considered a front-runner for MIP!

hateraid
11-06-2014, 12:46 PM
Has he looked better from a decision making and defense perspective? Last year he was good but a bit of an empty stats type of guy. I haven't had the chance to watch any games yet.

I think he's thriving with the minutes. Not a particularly good on ball defender but plays off the ball real well. With Embiid in the line-up and MCW taking perimeter 1v1 his liability will be covered. His OT's should go down too once he slides into the SG spot and takes a more scoring role.
Wroten will be alright. I bet his shooting gets better as he seems more confident with the 3 ball
we'll be alright!

hateraid
11-06-2014, 12:47 PM
And J.r smith will be season mvp:rolleyes:

The fact that my prediction looks spot makes you look really stupid right now

Xover
11-06-2014, 01:09 PM
and here comes Donald Sloan

Myth
11-06-2014, 01:12 PM
I picked Wroten up off the free agent list on my fantasy team and he is filling it up like I never expected. Great eye OP.

hateraid
11-06-2014, 01:21 PM
I picked Wroten up off the free agent list on my fantasy team and he is filling it up like I never expected. Great eye OP.
Thanks bro.

I felt it. Was following Summer league and preseason and I felt the emergence. Both fantasy leagues I drafted him 7th and 8th. He'll be even better when MCW is back

el gringos
11-07-2014, 02:01 AM
One of my Knicks fans shower me w "you are an idiot" was I think tony wroten is better than Raymond Felton. Is trade Felton and a pick. Ish Knicks fans hated that idea because ikfo (in knick fans opinions). Ray Felton is better than tony wroten.

They thought it was laughable that Wroten was worth Felton. Imagine what they thought when I argued back w I'd trade hard away jr for wroten.

MMM
11-07-2014, 02:43 AM
2nd year players shouldn't win MIP and i'm iffy on 3rd year guys winning it too. Also some improvement although increment are far more important that a young players natrual improvement, for example an established star entering superstarmode is far more significant that a 2nd year player adding 5 ppg, 3rpg, 2 apg, to his stat line,

el gringos
11-07-2014, 02:52 AM
Yep, good job.

MCW coming back soon, and there is talk of moving Wrotten at the 2. I'm keeping my fingers crossed, but the 76ers are slowly adding up to their nucleus of MCW, Noel, and now Wrotten.

We are not even talking about Embiid and Saric. There is reason for hope.:applause:
In 3 years they'll have MCW or wroten as starting pg. Not both. They should deal one of them now. They will need a shooter at sg for them to pull of the mcw or wroten 2 big type offense they'll have to run to max out their guys.

They should go Wroten for Hardaway Jr and Larkin

Bless Mathews
11-07-2014, 03:06 AM
My niggah from the 2-oh-6!

Dang. We got a lot of nba players from the 2-oh in the league.

SyRyanYang
11-07-2014, 04:16 AM
No one has mentioned Tyreke Evans yet?

buddha
11-07-2014, 04:28 AM
he's been alright, he plays outta control.

chocolatethunder
11-07-2014, 01:08 PM
Yep, good job.

Wroten part of the nucleus? This guy is trash. He's a chucker who can't pass and whose D is garbage. This guy is going to have a Mike James season. Of course they'll move him to the 2 because he's not a PG. This guy is total trash and can only get numbers controlling the ball on a bad team. When MCW comes back his numbers will go down. I'm a Sixer fan but I'm a realist. He is this year's Evan Turner. This guy is a 60% FT shooter who shoots 23% from 3 for his career. He's averaging 5 TOs in the 5 games he's played this year. Just watch him play, he's trash.

hateraid
11-07-2014, 07:34 PM
Wroten part of the nucleus? This guy is trash. He's a chucker who can't pass and whose D is garbage. This guy is going to have a Mike James season. Of course they'll move him to the 2 because he's not a PG. This guy is total trash and can only get numbers controlling the ball on a bad team. When MCW comes back his numbers will go down. I'm a Sixer fan but I'm a realist. He is this year's Evan Turner. This guy is a 60% FT shooter who shoots 23% from 3 for his career. He's averaging 5 TOs in the 5 games he's played this year. Just watch him play, he's trash.

I disagree. I think he'll have a Kyle Lowry type impact. His scoring skill set is so unique that it'll give him a job for years to come. I agree that his FT shooting is horrible. The TOs are a result of nobody else on the team can manage the ball so he plays a predominant role. Once MCW is back I confident his TOs will go down and be a more efficient scorer. Let's face it, he's the best on our team.
Sorry you feel that way, but he's far from trash. I've been a Sixer fan since the 80s and he's gem in my eyes

TheMarkMadsen
11-07-2014, 08:08 PM
Klay will win this running away.

hateraid
11-08-2014, 12:20 AM
:applause:

IncarceratedBob
11-08-2014, 12:22 AM
This ****er better not win us any games, I don't know what he thinks he's doing but damn I got nervous there for a second. Best case scenario he puts up amazing numbers, we lose every game and sell high on him. He doesn't strike me as a piece that we'll keep when we get serious about winning. Just my opinion

PhutureDynasty
11-08-2014, 12:29 AM
Early on things are looking good.

Nice call by the OP.

midatlantic09
11-08-2014, 12:33 AM
Early on things are looking good.

Nice call by the OP.

Yes, but why does he play like his right hand was amputated?

Milbuck
11-08-2014, 12:34 AM
Wroten part of the nucleus? This guy is trash. He's a chucker who can't pass and whose D is garbage. This guy is going to have a Mike James season. Of course they'll move him to the 2 because he's not a PG. This guy is total trash and can only get numbers controlling the ball on a bad team.
So he's the Brandon Knight of the Sixers?

Lebron23
11-08-2014, 04:26 AM
One of the few bright spots for the Sixers this season. At the age of 21 he's averaging 22.5 ppg on 45.7 FG%, 7.0 rpg, and 4.5 rpg.

AI Thornton
11-08-2014, 04:31 AM
Great call OP :applause:

Crose
11-08-2014, 04:41 AM
One of the few bright spots for the Sixers this season. At the age of 21 he's averaging 22.5 ppg on 45.7 FG%, 7.0 rpg, and 4.5 rpg.
are you a robot?

tpols
11-08-2014, 05:15 AM
I disagree. I think he'll have a Kyle Lowry type impact. His scoring skill set is so unique that it'll give him a job for years to come. I agree that his FT shooting is horrible. The TOs are a result of nobody else on the team can manage the ball so he plays a predominant role. Once MCW is back I confident his TOs will go down and be a more efficient scorer. Let's face it, he's the best on our team.
Sorry you feel that way, but he's far from trash. I've been a Sixer fan since the 80s and he's gem in my eyes

why cant he shoot FTs? Seems pretty fundamental..

chocolatethunder
11-08-2014, 10:52 AM
He is trash did you watch last nights game? This happens every year on bad teams there are dudes putting up numbers that are just pure fantasy. He took 27 shots to get 31 pts. He can't pass he just dominates the ball. He is a poor FTshooter. Most guards shoot in the high 70s and up. The TOs are a result of him having the ball and not being able to take care of it. They will go down some because he's not aPG but he'll still be careless. You're saying he's the best on their team which is fine but this team isn't really assembled to get wins this year so I don't really care. He is having a mike James year. You try and put that guy on a good team and he'll average 10 ppg. I'm 42 and I too have been a sixer fan since the 80s and if you've seen Andrew Toney play or even Hersey Hawkins play as a sixer, not to mention AI I have no idea how you could call this bum a gem. The team sucks for sure and when they are good he will not be on it and you can bank on that.

hateraid
11-08-2014, 07:04 PM
He is trash did you watch last nights game? This happens every year on bad teams there are dudes putting up numbers that are just pure fantasy. He took 27 shots to get 31 pts. He can't pass he just dominates the ball. He is a poor FTshooter. Most guards shoot in the high 70s and up. The TOs are a result of him having the ball and not being able to take care of it. They will go down some because he's not aPG but he'll still be careless. You're saying he's the best on their team which is fine but this team isn't really assembled to get wins this year so I don't really care. He is having a mike James year. You try and put that guy on a good team and he'll average 10 ppg. I'm 42 and I too have been a sixer fan since the 80s and if you've seen Andrew Toney play or even Hersey Hawkins play as a sixer, not to mention AI I have no idea how you could call this bum a gem. The team sucks for sure and when they are good he will not be on it and you can bank on that.

Search hateraid + Hersey Hawkins. I've been known to be a Hawkins stan throughout the years here. He's my favorite Sixer of all-time.
The guys you listed were drafted high(or traded immediately in Hawkins's case), were expected to perform immediately and lived up to those expectations. Wroten was traded here purely on low risk high rewards. When was the last time we found a young talent that was drafted in the later parts of the draft, traded for him and developed him in our franchise? That is why I call him a gem. We got him for a second round draft pick and it payed off.
Now I do see the FT shooting as a major concern considering his style of play will get him alot of FT. However I believe that that flaw can be corrected. Also with him playing off the ball will make him a more effective player overall. What I like about him is his upside has more potential to cover his setbacks. He may be a volume shooter, but he plays hard the full time on the court. I can forgive his shooting as long as he plays hard 100% of the time.
You also keep referring to Mike James. There's a big difference there. 1, Wroten is still very young. 2, Wroten has size to go along with his unorthodox yet effective means of scoring. He has a way higher ceiling than Mike James did when he broke out.
let's just agree to disagree here because your mind seems pretty set about him. I think once MCW comes Wroten's scoring will be extremely effective.

chocolatethunder
11-08-2014, 07:53 PM
Search hateraid + Hersey Hawkins. I've been known to be a Hawkins stan throughout the years here. He's my favorite Sixer of all-time.
The guys you listed were drafted high(or traded immediately in Hawkins's case), were expected to perform immediately and lived up to those expectations. Wroten was traded here purely on low risk high rewards. When was the last time we found a young talent that was drafted in the later parts of the draft, traded for him and developed him in our franchise? That is why I call him a gem. We got him for a second round draft pick and it payed off.
Now I do see the FT shooting as a major concern considering his style of play will get him alot of FT. However I believe that that flaw can be corrected. Also with him playing off the ball will make him a more effective player overall. What I like about him is his upside has more potential to cover his setbacks. He may be a volume shooter, but he plays hard the full time on the court. I can forgive his shooting as long as he plays hard 100% of the time.
You also keep referring to Mike James. There's a big difference there. 1, Wroten is still very young. 2, Wroten has size to go along with his unorthodox yet effective means of scoring. He has a way higher ceiling than Mike James did when he broke out.
let's just agree to disagree here because your mind seems pretty set about him. I think once MCW comes Wroten's scoring will be extremely effective.
Theres a Mike James every year. Look at Evan Turner. He isn't even a starter on a bad team. I don't think Wroten will be doing this on any other team and I don't think his FT shooting will get better. He's a poor decision maker who looks for his shot all the time. He won't be around when this team is good. Sure we can agree to disagree, I don't get wound up about anything like this. It's just basketball.

hateraid
11-10-2014, 04:57 PM
Theres a Mike James every year. Look at Evan Turner. He isn't even a starter on a bad team. I don't think Wroten will be doing this on any other team and I don't think his FT shooting will get better. He's a poor decision maker who looks for his shot all the time. He won't be around when this team is good. Sure we can agree to disagree, I don't get wound up about anything like this. It's just basketball.

I wasn't suggesting you were upset, I'm just saying we share a different opinion.
I didn't even like Evan Turner. Was never sold on him and when Wall was off the board, I was hoping we didn't get him.
I think Wroten has got more potential than that. But I guess this season will tell. MCW back next week so here's a good indicator if he can deal with a position change and thrive, which i think he will

chocolatethunder
11-10-2014, 05:06 PM
I wasn't suggesting you were upset, I'm just saying we share a different opinion.
I didn't even like Evan Turner. Was never sold on him and when Wall was off the board, I was hoping we didn't get him.
I think Wroten has got more potential than that. But I guess this season will tell. MCW back next week so here's a good indicator if he can deal with a position change and thrive, which i think he will
No one liked turner, I'm just using his numbers as an example of what happens on bad teams. Especially Philly because they are essentially fielding a D League team.

18pts on 16 shots last night. To me, I would rather develop McDaniels. He has more potential to me. His shot is garbage but he's a nasty defender. To me there's more potential there as an impact player on both sides of the ball. McDaniels will never score a lot but he's high energy and a super defender. Wroten on the other hand is a guy who needs the ball to be effective and just wants to toss up shots (to me he is I mean).