PDA

View Full Version : Which rookies have impressed you so far?

JGXEN
10-16-2014, 09:16 PM
I'll have to go with Marcus Smart and McDermott. Smart is looking like an elite perimeter defender and McDermott can flat out shoot.

imnew09
10-16-2014, 09:17 PM
Julius Randle. ROTY

Xiao Yao You
10-16-2014, 09:27 PM
Hood!

JohnMax
10-16-2014, 09:46 PM
Lebron

beastee
10-16-2014, 10:46 PM
Miritoc seems to be as advertised. Can flat out shoot and his dribble drive skills are pretty solid. He is fouling at a ridiculous rate though, so he is gonna struggle on D.

IGOTGAME
10-16-2014, 10:50 PM
Wiggins is gonna be an all star, at least.

JGXEN
10-16-2014, 10:55 PM
Miritoc seems to be as advertised. Can flat out shoot and his dribble drive skills are pretty solid. He is fouling at a ridiculous rate though, so he is gonna struggle on D.
Yeah mitotic too. Bulls looking really fearsome.. Probably the best team in the East after the Cavs and maybe Heat

Milbuck
10-16-2014, 10:56 PM
Jabari and McBuckets

NugzFan
10-16-2014, 11:44 PM
I love how everyone just lists the rookie on their favorite team.

outbreak
10-17-2014, 12:24 AM

To be fair most people watch their favourite team more.

Payton will be in ROTY contention. He's looked really good at times. His work on the defensive end is one of the best I've ever seen from a rookie.

NugzFan
10-17-2014, 12:37 AM

Payton will be in ROTY contention. He's looked really good at times. His work on the defensive end is one of the best I've ever seen from a rookie.

So just rename the thread "who's your favorite team?"

Dave3
10-17-2014, 12:42 AM
Because people watch their favourite team and in pre season, probably don't see much else of other teams.

I guess I can break the streak though, since I haven't seen much of Caboclo due to a lack of playing time. When he was in there he was disruptive defensively, but offensively didn't show much.

I've seen Marcus Smart a couple times and he looked pretty good, pretty comfortable at the NBA level. Jabari has been similar, looking like he fits right in, having no issues getting his shot or being an important part of the offense. That last game as well against Cleveland his shot was on a bit more than the first couple of games. I wouldn't say that he "impressed" me as much as just showed that he has no trouble at all going from college to NBA, fitting in very smoothly.

Lastly, Wiggins has also looked pretty impressive just because people thought he'd take a while to adjust to the NBA game, but so far he's looked very capable. He's already a strong defensive player, picking up steals and blocks throughout the game, but he's also shown that his handle is less of a problem in the spacing of an NBA game. His shot has also looked good, both set 3 pointers and pull up mid range shots. I can imagine him scoring just as much as Jabari even in their rookie years.

NugzFan
10-17-2014, 01:32 AM
Because people watch their favourite team and in pre season, probably don't see much else of other teams.

Oh really? Is that why? :rolleyes:

It still doesn't change the fact that the thread is just another who's your favorite team thread. What kind of discussion is it when people watch only their favorite team and then simply list their teams rookies? What's the point?

Oh wait , it's a chance for everyone to hype their own players and feel better about themselves for no reason :oldlol:

dreamwarrior
10-17-2014, 01:52 AM
Wiggins did great getting to the line in his first game. The second game not so much. If he can keep up that aggressiveness he had in the 1st game he could be a ROY winner

RoundMoundOfReb
10-17-2014, 01:53 AM
Rich Man's Kevin Durant

navy
10-17-2014, 01:54 AM
Wiggins did great getting to the line in his first game. The second game not so much. If he can keep up that aggressiveness he had in the 1st game he could be a ROY winner
Rookies dont get calls.

Milbuck
10-17-2014, 01:56 AM

It still doesn't change the fact that the thread is just another who's your favorite team thread. What kind of discussion is it when people watch only their favorite team and then simply list their teams rookies? What's the point?

Oh wait , it's a chance for everyone to hype their own players and feel better about themselves for no reason :oldlol:
Except that my favorite team's rookie actually is better than literally every other rookie except maybe 1 or 2.

Fudge
10-17-2014, 02:01 AM
Mitch McGary and Josh Huestis.

NugzFan
10-17-2014, 02:07 AM
Except that my favorite team's rookie actually is better than literally every other rookie except maybe 1 or 2.

While probably true still doesn't change the fact that people only watch their teams and thus only want to mention their teams rookies

I'm not doubting why this happens. I'm just questioning the purpose of the thread when we all know what people are going to say.

JGXEN
10-17-2014, 02:07 AM

Oh yeah, Payton is really good too. Good defender and he can really run the point very well. I could see him starting for the Magic on a regular basis. He reminds me of a taller Rondo

JGXEN
10-17-2014, 02:10 AM
While probably true still doesn't change the fact that people only watch their teams and thus only want to mention their teams rookies

I'm not doubting why this happens. I'm just questioning the purpose of the thread when we all know what people are going to say.
Idk but I won't call any rookies on my favourite team impressive unless they are really exemplary.

NugzFan
10-17-2014, 02:15 AM

Well played.

FireDavidKahn
10-17-2014, 02:25 AM
I am a fan of (X) team.
My (X)team just drafted (Y) player.
(Y) has been looking so good after only a couple of preseason games.

/end thread

Budadiiii
10-17-2014, 02:28 AM
Two best players i've seen.

McGary injured himself playing too hard. They're the two best rookies to me though.

NugzFan
10-17-2014, 03:28 AM
I am a fan of (X) team.
My (X)team just drafted (Y) player.
(Y) has been looking so good after only a couple of preseason games.

/end thread

Exactly.

Not a single post in this thread is worth a damn. I'm not impressed that homers pick rookies from their favorite teams.

NugzFan
10-17-2014, 03:29 AM
Two best players i've seen.

McGary injured himself playing too hard. They're the two best rookies to me though.

:oldlol:

If you had any credibility before it would be all gone now.

SexSymbol
10-17-2014, 03:32 AM
NugzFan, just shut the **** up, you look stupid.

I've been really impressed by Randle and Exum.
Both guys will definitely be at least solid role players in the league

Cocaine80s
10-17-2014, 03:34 AM
Zach Lavine, Andrew Wiggins, Aaron Gordon

Cold soul
10-17-2014, 03:37 AM
Jabari and Wiggins looks like most impressive rookies to me.

no pun intended
10-17-2014, 03:37 AM
Lavine.

kurple
10-17-2014, 07:59 AM
both gary harris and jusuf nurkic has really impressed me

NugzFan
10-17-2014, 09:17 AM
NugzFan, just shut the **** up, you look stupid.

Nope. I'm 100% right.

Blue&Orange
10-17-2014, 10:37 AM
travis wear?

Nets fan 93
10-17-2014, 11:35 AM
Rookies I'm impressed with:
Hood-Utah
Stauskus- Sac
Not impressed with:
Noel-Phila

Levity
10-17-2014, 11:50 AM
Stauskas - hes going to be a great fit in malones new system.
and nuggz fan, keep your saltiness at bay. jesus. :lol

Dave3
10-17-2014, 02:40 PM

Well if it's so obvious what's the point of complaining? It's pre season, you're not going to be watching all the teams yet unless you have a lot of free time.

JimmyMcAdocious
10-17-2014, 11:04 PM
PJ. He looks better than Lance so far.

Smoke117
10-17-2014, 11:05 PM
A real game hasn't even been played. They've been playing exhibitions that are closer to scrimmages against other teams. You can't give an evaluation of rookies till 2 months into the season.

Xiao Yao You
10-17-2014, 11:55 PM
Exum looking better all the time!

That_Admiral
10-17-2014, 11:58 PM
Marcus Smart :rockon:

NugzFan
10-18-2014, 12:50 AM
Stauskas - hes going to be a great fit in malones new system.
and nuggz fan, keep your saltiness at bay. jesus. :lol

If homers could stfu then we wouldn't have a problem.

And saltiness is such an over used word here at ish. But if it means annoyed then yes homers annoy me.

NugzFan
10-18-2014, 12:52 AM
Well if it's so obvious what's the point of complaining? It's pre season, you're not going to be watching all the teams yet unless you have a lot of free time.

Then what's the point of making this thread?

So people can brag about average rookies for no reason? Yay! How fun!

Bunch of little 14 year old insecure homers here.

SyRyanYang
10-18-2014, 01:05 AM
NugzFan is such a ph@ggot, jsut stfu

Jabari's been pretty impressed. Much quicker than I thought.
On the other hand, Exum has been slightly disappointing.

HOoopCityJones
10-18-2014, 01:06 AM
As soon as Byron lets Randle play consistent minutes he'll be the Top rookie.

steve
10-18-2014, 01:07 AM
Exum looking better all the time!

He's playing with so much more confidence (the Jazz in general are just playing with more purpose than they did all of last season) than he did in the summer league. He's looked great so far. Also, he's only missed one foul shot during the preseason.

Xiao Yao You
10-18-2014, 01:28 AM
He's playing with so much more confidence (the Jazz in general are just playing with more purpose than they did all of last season) than he did in the summer league. He's looked great so far. Also, he's only missed one foul shot during the preseason.

Looked great in the first half tonite anyway. Was their best player.

NugzFan
10-18-2014, 01:48 AM

I love how people get upset and yet not one person can deny how right I am. They just don't wanna hear it.
Keep living in your bubble. 90% of homers here will be wrong this year.

oarabbus
10-18-2014, 02:00 AM

Jabari's been pretty impressed. Much quicker than I thought.
On the other hand, Exum has been slightly disappointing.

Funny you say that because he's outplaying what I expected of him.

turnaroundJ
10-18-2014, 02:14 AM
Exum looks fast as hell. I think he should look to score more though.

Sexy Doug is going to beast.

Marcus Smart is automatically the strongest point in the league.