PDA

View Full Version : Lebron tried so hard to recruit an all star team but nobody wanted to play with him.

TheMarkMadsen
10-18-2014, 04:07 PM
:(

[QUOTE]New ownership allowed for a new general manager

imdaman99
10-18-2014, 04:16 PM
Now after getting a couple of manufactured * championships, he's caught on. Good for him I say :applause:

SugarHill
10-18-2014, 04:17 PM
Can't believe dude wanted help. What a POS.

Legends66NBA7
10-18-2014, 04:32 PM

Should be banned from the league, to be honest.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
10-18-2014, 04:33 PM
Better to recruit than bitch about "mah help" on public airwaves, LIVE to the world.

#KOBESYSTEM

TheMarkMadsen
10-18-2014, 04:34 PM

wanted a combination of the top free agents + his best player to be re-signed..

make the playoffs before demanding 3 all stars around you..

MP.Trey
10-18-2014, 04:36 PM
I remember the Michael Redd talk. I was pushing for it so hard. Would have been a nice addition if his knees didn't fall off.

Hey Yo
10-18-2014, 04:37 PM
Larry Hughes was never an all-star. Joe Johnson wasn't an all-star until after he signed a 6 year deal with the Hawks as a RFA. Micheal Redd was a one time all-star who chose money instead of signing with another team.

OP FAIL.

TheMarkMadsen
10-18-2014, 04:37 PM
Better to recruit than bitch about "mah help" on public airwaves, LIVE to the world.

#KOBESYSTEM

yeah better move would have been to inform the Lakers that's hes leaving to go join the newly formed superteam..on public airwaves, LIVE to the world

Legends66NBA7
10-18-2014, 04:39 PM
I remember the Michael Redd talk. I was pushing for it so hard. Would have been a nice addition if his knees didn't fall off.

I remember someone told me that LeBron made a video to recruit Redd. I don't think it ever surfaced, though.

Cone
10-18-2014, 04:39 PM
LeBron > Kobe

get over it

MP.Trey
10-18-2014, 04:40 PM
I remember someone told me that LeBron made a video to recruit Redd. I don't think it ever surfaced, though.
Probably got confiscated with the Nike tape.

ArbitraryWater
10-18-2014, 04:40 PM
Convinces front office to get rid of Shaq because he's tired of being 2nd fiddle, says "it's either him or me", gets what he wants and 3 years later complains to the front office and demands a trade because he can't win anymore without elite talent..

#KobeSystem

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
10-18-2014, 04:41 PM
yeah better move would have been to inform the Lakers that's hes leaving to go join the newly formed superteam..on public airwaves, LIVE to the world
On the plus side, at least he can say he abided by his contract :banana:

Smoke117
10-18-2014, 04:42 PM
Prominent free agents eh? :roll: :roll: :roll: Everyone listed is a washed up scrub. (even my man Ray ;()

TheMarkMadsen
10-18-2014, 04:46 PM
Convinces front office to get rid of Shaq because he's tired of being 2nd fiddle, says "it's either him or me"
#KobeSystem

solid move

http://www.clap.name/images/blog/kobelotl2009.jpg

http://jestin94.weebly.com/uploads/1/4/9/8/14982596/408719155.jpg

Cocaine80s
10-18-2014, 04:50 PM
Op exposing himself as another insecure kobe stan

Atleast Lebron doesnt rape women :oldlol:

Hey Yo
10-18-2014, 04:51 PM
Isn't that what Kobe did when he refused to play for New Jersey, knowing LA was going to get All-NBA Shaq and had all rookie first team Eddie Jones?

TheMarkMadsen
10-18-2014, 04:57 PM
Prominent free agents eh? :roll: :roll: :roll: Everyone listed is a washed up scrub. (even my man Ray ;()

Joe Johnson, Chris Bosh and Ray Allen are scrubs?

:roll: :lol

Smoke117
10-18-2014, 05:01 PM
Joe Johnson, Chris Bosh and Ray Allen are scrubs?

:roll: :lol

Oh this was 7 years ago...I don't have my contacts on right now and didn't catch that. I thought this was right now. Hilarious that a Kobe stan like you would make this thread when Kobe was demanding a trade before Gasol showed up. Irony at it's finest. Force the co-superstar out, demand trade when team sucks...the kobe system.

TheMarkMadsen
10-18-2014, 05:11 PM
Oh this was 7 years ago...I don't have my contacts on right now and didn't catch that. I thought this was right now. Hilarious that a Kobe stan like you would make this thread when Kobe was demanding a trade before Gasol showed up. Irony at it's finest.

Kobe backtracks from trade request on may 31, 2007

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2886927

Febuary 3, 2008 Lakers acquire Pau Gasol

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3226203

Kobe decided to stay long before Gasol was there

is there any lebron stan that has their facts straight?

Smoke117
10-18-2014, 05:15 PM

Where you do morons get this idea that I'm a lebron stan? I'm not even a fan, but I have common sense and am capable of intelligent thought unlike a lot of you here when it comes to him.

Cocaine80s
10-18-2014, 05:15 PM

still doesnt change the fact that Kobe was acting like a whiny crybaby bitch until the lakers gave in to his demands

20Four
10-18-2014, 05:16 PM
Op exposing himself as another insecure kobe stan

Atleast Lebron doesnt rape women :oldlol:
Nobody would wanna get raped by lebronze...niqqa is too fugly and would quit right before he finishes because hes not a good finisher

SugarHill
10-18-2014, 05:18 PM
Nobody would wanna get raped by lebronze...niqqa is too fugly and would quit right before he finishes because hes not a good finisher

There are people who like to get raped? Elaborate on this.

JT123
10-18-2014, 05:19 PM
:oldlol: This entire post makes no sense.

1. No woman WANTS to get raped jackass.
2. Lebron is the best finisher in basketball.

Such a weak pathetic troll you are.

Hey Yo
10-18-2014, 05:32 PM

In the link you provided, it states this at the end.

"While Bryant re-signed for $136 million for seven years the day after O'Neal was traded, he has pushed for trades -- he wanted Carlos Boozer, then Jason Kidd, then Ron Artest -- that the Lakers were unable to pull off.

What????? Kobe wanted to bring in all-star help before playing a single game as the man????

:roll: :roll:

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
10-18-2014, 05:32 PM

:oldlol:

Kobe fans: He backtracked which means he never demanded a trade in the first place!

TheMarkMadsen
10-18-2014, 05:37 PM
[QUOTE=Hey Yo]Couldn

Smoke117
10-18-2014, 05:37 PM

"While Bryant re-signed for $136 million for seven years the day after O'Neal was traded, he has pushed for trades -- he wanted Carlos Boozer, then Jason Kidd, then Ron Artest -- that the Lakers were unable to pull off.

What????? Kobe wanted to bring in all-star help before playing a single game as the man????

:oldlol: :applause: You have been slayed marky, just move on.

TheMarkMadsen
10-18-2014, 05:38 PM
:oldlol:

Kobe fans: He backtracked which means he never demanded a trade in the first place!

when did i say he didn't demand a trade?

Lebron stans have to create arguments for them to argue against.. what's new

ArbitraryWater
10-18-2014, 05:40 PM

"While Bryant re-signed for $136 million for seven years the day after O'Neal was traded, he has pushed for trades -- he wanted Carlos Boozer, then Jason Kidd, then Ron Artest -- that the Lakers were unable to pull off."

http://static.gamespot.com/uploads/original/1503/15037917/2352036-9320081384-i9pJQ.gif

TheMarkMadsen
10-18-2014, 05:43 PM

Everybody knows this :roll: :roll:

we've all seen the Andrew Bynum "ship his ass out for Kidd" video..

Kobe pushed his front office to acquire ONE of those guys and had no problems with letting go a potential all star center to do it

Lebron wanted a combination of the best free agents available AND wanted to keep his all star center in the process

Lebron wanted an all star team around him

SamuraiSWISH
[QUOTE=Hey Yo]Couldn

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
when did i say he didn't demand a trade?

Lebron stans have to create arguments for them to argue against.. what's new

So why post something he recanted? How is that relevant to what he initially wanted?

Derp.

ArbitraryWater
10-18-2014, 05:45 PM
Everybody knows this :roll: :roll:

we've all seen the Andrew Bynum "ship his ass out for Kidd" video..

Kobe pushed his front office to acquire ONE of those guys and had no problems with letting go a potential all star center to do it

Lebron wanted a combination of the best free agents available AND wanted to keep his all star center in the process

Lebron wanted an all star team around him

You have absolutely no proof of that... Who's to say he didn't try to attract one guy, didn't work, and then went on to the next one, like Kobe?

And Illgauskas was done being an all-star after '05 :oldlol:

TheMarkMadsen
10-18-2014, 05:46 PM
So why post something he recanted? How is that relevant the stuff above is what he initially said and wanted.

Derp.

because I was responding to a poster who insinuated Kobe only stopped asking for a trade when Gasol showed up

try to keep up

TheMarkMadsen
10-18-2014, 05:48 PM
You have absolutely no proof of that... Who's to say he didn't try to attract one guy, didn't work, and then went on to the next one, like Kobe?

uhhh...

New ownership allowed for a new general manager – Danny Ferry, heading over from the champion San Antonio Spurs – a new coach, and plenty of cap space to work with. Prominent free agents that summer included restricted guys like Joe Johnson and Tyson Chandler, and unrestricted free agents Ray Allen, Larry Hughes, and Michael Redd. And LeBron James wanted to play with some combination of them, alongside a re-signed Zydrunas Ilgauskas.

on the off season

"I recruited. I recruited Michael Redd, I recruited Joe Johnson, I recruited Chris Bosh. I recruited a lot of guys. I just didn't win, and they didn't want to come to Cleveland."

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
10-18-2014, 05:49 PM
because I was responding to a poster who insinuated Kobe only stopped asking for a trade when Gasol showed up

Umm, he did - publicly. Were you born post LA Gasol?

RoundMoundOfReb
10-18-2014, 05:52 PM
Magic Johnson said before he was drafted that he wouldn't have come out if the Lakers (who had reigning MVP KAJ on the team) hadn't won the coin toss....you're acting as if wanting to play with other good players is something LeBron invented...

ArbitraryWater
10-18-2014, 05:53 PM
uhhh...

on the off season

So the combination included Illgauskas? Gotcha..

TheMarkMadsen
10-18-2014, 05:53 PM
Umm, he did - publicly. Were you born post LA Gasol?

You're telling me Kobe was still requesting a trade when the Lakers were sitting at 28-16 in first place durring 2008?

okay

TheMarkMadsen
10-18-2014, 05:55 PM
So the combination included Illgauskas? Gotcha..

can you not read bro?

Prominent free agents that summer included restricted guys like Joe Johnson and Tyson Chandler, and unrestricted free agents Ray Allen, Larry Hughes, and Michael Redd. And LeBron James wanted to play with some combination of them, alongside a re-signed Zydrunas Ilgauskas.

a combination of them, alongside a re-signed Big Z

for real, reading comprehension bro

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
10-18-2014, 05:55 PM
You're telling me Kobe was still requesting a trade when the Lakers were sitting at 28-16 in first place durring 2008?

okay

I'm telling you, LA was going nowhere, and Kobe was ready to leave. If the Gasol deal doesn't happen, dude was gone.

:oldlol: at acting like that team would have stayed a top the West, for the ENTIRE season, without Gasol. Kobe stans are the worst.

Hey Yo
10-18-2014, 05:56 PM
your first link is old and outdated and completely contradicts the 2nd link you posted
What was the contradiction?

RoundMoundOfReb
also....larry hughes....really?

Smoke117
Magic Johnson said before he was drafted that he wouldn't have come out if the Lakers (who had reigning MVP KAJ on the team) hadn't won the coin toss....you're acting as if wanting to play with other good players is something LeBron invented...

Marky is so confused...LA is the perfect place for prima donnas. Lebron would fit in perfectly...but kobe stan gon kobe stan.

TheMarkMadsen
10-18-2014, 05:59 PM
I'm telling you, LA was going nowhere, and Kobe was ready to leave. If the Gasol deal doesn't happen, dude was gone.

:oldlol: at acting like that team would have stayed a top the West, for the ENTIRE season, without Gasol. Kobe stans are the worst.

you literally just said that Kobe was demanding a trade until Gasol got traded :roll:

now "you're telling me" Kobe was ready to leave :roll:

way to back track

okay dude, you are just making shit up at this point

ArbitraryWater
10-18-2014, 05:59 PM
can you not read bro?

a combination of them, alongside a re-signed Big Z

for real, reading comprehension bro

Considering only one of those guys mentioned is a star, I don't think it's wrong...

Hell, I don't think its ever wrong.

You're now saying "Kobe wanted this guy, but it was only ONE guy, LeBron wanted TWO! You can have one, NOT TWO!" That's your Argument right now... Who are you to decide that?

Either you go this route: You shouldn't seek out for ANY Players

Or: The Goal is to win a Championship, for that to happen the Team should be was good as possible, improving the Team is the most natural thing in the world.....

You could make an Argument that some guys take it too far, demand trades (Kobe), or say they won't even PLAY for that Team (Magic)...

But if you stick it out and simply leave when their contract is over or a clause allows them to leave, nobody should have ANY Problem with that.

Now, if you bitch about the "HE DID IT ON TV" then that's a question of Morality, but even then, you should by now forgive him, considering he apologized for the way it went down the very next year.

Hey Yo
10-18-2014, 06:02 PM
also....larry hughes....really?
Yeah, the guy who was never an all-star , but Madsen said he was.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
10-18-2014, 06:02 PM
you literally just said that Kobe was demanding a trade until Gasol got traded :roll:

Please quote where I explicitly stated that Kobe continued making demands. For those that were actually ALIVE at the time, Kobe made his frustrations (and agenda) clear. The Lakers weren't winning a title without Gasol that season, nor were they making the finals. Given those two realities - he would have bolted.

RoundMoundOfReb
10-18-2014, 06:03 PM
Yeah, the guy who was never good , but Madsen said he was.
fixed

TheMarkMadsen
10-18-2014, 06:05 PM
Considering only one of those guys mentioned is a star, I don't think it's wrong...

You're now saying "Kobe wanted this guy, but it was only ONE guy, LeBron wanted TWO! You can have one, NOT TWO!" That's your Argument right now... Who are you to decide that?

Or: The Goal is to win a Championship, for that to happen the Team should be was good as possible, improving the Team is the most natural thing in the world.....

You could make an Argument that some guys take it too far, demand trades (Kobe), or say they won't even PLAY for that Team (Magic)...

But if you stick it out and simply leave when their contract is over or a clause allows them to leave, nobody should have ANY Problem with that.

Now, if you bitch about the "HE DID IT ON TV" then that's a question of Morality, but even then, you should by now forgive him, considering he apologized for the way it went down the very next year.

what are you even talking about

Lebron wanted a combination of the top free agents, admitted himself that he tried to recruit Ray Allen, Chris Bosh, Joe Johnson in the same off season hoping to get a combination of the top free agents to come to cleveland all while wanting his all star Center resigned as well

trying to build an all star team from day one.. and seeing how he's spent his entire prime jumping from all star team to all star team it's not really a surprise.

tpols
10-18-2014, 06:08 PM

Why does it have to be pure black and white?

Kobe had a shit team --> he wanted a better one, one that could compete. He threatened to go to the Bulls to play with Luol Deng.. that was his idea of team that could compete. Adding pau gasol was all kobe needed in his mind to compete.

Thats not too crazy.. luol deng, or pau + a good defense.. thats all kobe wanted. Just no more luke walton and kwame.

Lebron wanted prime Dwayne Wade AND prime Chris Bosh.. Lebron wanted prime Kyrie Irving AND prime Kevin Love.

Lebron is faaaaar more willing to stack the deck to extreme measures.

Kobe and MJ just needed unselfish skilled pretty damn good players in pau and pippen.. but they didnt need 2 pippens or 2 paus lol.

TheMarkMadsen
10-18-2014, 06:09 PM
Yeah, the guy who was never an all-star , but Madsen said he was.

I haven't typed out Larry Hughes name until just this moment.. :lol what are you even talking about.. :biggums:

bran stans stay making shit up

Cocaine80s
10-18-2014, 06:10 PM
markmadsen getting shat on hard :roll:

RoundMoundOfReb
10-18-2014, 06:11 PM
I haven't typed out Larry Hughes name until just this moment.. :lol what are you even talking about.. :biggums:

:(

Guess it wasn't the "7 years with no help" that made Lebron want to recruit an all star team.. he's been trying to do it since his 2nd year in the league.

dat competitive drive :applause: :applause:

Who the heck else are you referring to here?

Nash
10-18-2014, 06:16 PM

Kobe was asked about this just a few years ago and said that it wasn't an empty threat.

TheMarkMadsen
10-18-2014, 06:16 PM
Who the heck else are you referring to here?

Lebron James who the fvck else?

"2nd year in the league"

this article is talking about Lebron's recruitment efforts in the 05 off season leading into the 06 season

reading comprehension..

J Shuttlesworth
10-18-2014, 06:18 PM
This whole argument is so stupid. A player shouldn't do anything in their power to improve their team?

Rose/Noah shouldn't have been trying to recruit Melo?
Kobe/Gasol shouldn't have had dinner with Melo?
Rose/Noah shouldn't have tried to get Gasol to join the bulls, and succeeded?
KD/Westbrook shouldn't have tried to get Gasol?

Do you really believe any of this shit? Because this is the same logic you are using when acting like it's a bad thing that LeBron was trying to get players to come to Cleveland.

Hey Yo
10-18-2014, 06:20 PM

The opening post. His name was in LeBron's quote. You said he was trying to recruit an all -star team.

Joe Johnson was never an all-star until AFTER he signed his 6yr deal with Atlanta and Micheal Redd was a one time all-star the year he became an UFA and re-signed with the Bucks for the money.

RoundMoundOfReb
10-18-2014, 06:20 PM
Lebron James who the fvck else?

"2nd year in the league"

this article is talking about Lebron's recruitment efforts in the 05 off season leading into the 06 season

reading comprehension..

Yes and you're lacking it...It says he only succeeded in 2005 (with Larry Hughes) but those Names like Chris Bosh for instance was not and could not have been a free agent 2005..so it's not just about the 05-06 offseason it's about his entire time in Cleveland.

ArbitraryWater
10-18-2014, 06:22 PM
what are you even talking about

Lebron wanted a combination of the top free agents, admitted himself that he tried to recruit Ray Allen, Chris Bosh, Joe Johnson in the same off season hoping to get a combination of the top free agents to come to cleveland all while wanting his all star Center resigned as well

trying to build an all star team from day one.. and seeing how he's spent his entire prime jumping from all star team to all star team it's not really a surprise.

lmfao "I can't respond to your post so let me go back to rephrasing my old bullshit"

TheMarkMadsen
10-18-2014, 06:25 PM
The opening post. His name was in LeBron's quote. You said he was trying to recruit an all -star team.

Joe Johnson was never an all-star until AFTER he signed his 6yr deal with Atlanta and Micheal Redd was a one time all-star the year he became an UFA and re-signed with the Bucks for the money.

Because he was trying to recruit a combination of players among the likes of Ray Allen, Joe Johnson, & "many others" during that off season while also keeping Big Z

Which part of that scenario doesn't constitute as trying to build an all star team

just because he didn't get those guys and ended up with Larry Hughes doesn't mean he wasn't trying to build an all star team by wanting to recruit a combination of the top free agents which is exactly what the op says

J Shuttlesworth
10-18-2014, 06:28 PM
Madsen, did you consider this to be a bitch move by Kobe? This was in reference to LeBron/Melo possibly joining the Lakers this offseason:

http://i.imgur.com/zRm18eR.png

http://www.lakersnation.com/lakers-rumors-kobe-bryant-recruiting-lebron-carmelo-on-twitter/2014/06/26/

ArbitraryWater
10-18-2014, 06:30 PM
Madsen, did you consider this to be a bitch move by Kobe? This was in reference to LeBron/Melo possibly joining the Lakers this offseason:

http://www.lakersnation.com/lakers-rumors-kobe-bryant-recruiting-lebron-carmelo-on-twitter/2014/06/26/

Only what suits his Agenda...

And YES, Madsen, that WAS in reference to LeBron AND Melo joining the Lakers... AND by Lakersnation.

Let's see you twist this... I'm excited

http://img.pandawhale.com/67677-Inglorious-Basterds-Hans-Landa-avrk.gif

J Shuttlesworth
10-18-2014, 06:32 PM

And YES, Madsen, that WAS in reference to LeBron AND Melo joining the Lakers... AND by Lakersnation.

Not to mention Kobe was having dinner and practicing with Melo when he was in LA. That's a player who has led the league in scoring, and has been in the MVP talks before.... much better than Joe ****ing Johnson

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
10-18-2014, 06:37 PM

Kobe stans will do anything and everything to defend their hero. I'm still waiting on the Kobe "last of a dying breed" tear jerker. :oldlol:

TheMarkMadsen
10-18-2014, 06:39 PM

Is this tweet from before Kobe was 36 & had won 5 rings & 2FMVP?

Hey Yo
10-18-2014, 06:40 PM
Because he was trying to recruit a combination of players among the likes of Ray Allen, Joe Johnson, & "many others" during that off season while also keeping Big Z

Which part of that scenario doesn't constitute as trying to build an all star team

just because he didn't get those guys and ended up with Larry Hughes doesn't mean he wasn't trying to build an all star team by wanting to recruit a combination of the top free agents which is exactly what the op says
Because Joe Johnson and Larry Hughes were never all-stars prior to LeBron wanting to bring them in.

How many times do I have to say this for you to understand?

TheMarkMadsen
10-18-2014, 06:41 PM
Kobe stans will do anything and everything to defend their hero. I'm still waiting on the Kobe "last of a dying breed" tear jerker. :oldlol:

Aren't you the guy who was just saying that Kobe was still demanding a trade in 2008 while sitting at first place in the western conference?

ArbitraryWater
10-18-2014, 06:41 PM

No... What does this change?

J Shuttlesworth
10-18-2014, 06:42 PM
So that justifies him to get the best player in the league, and another top 10 player to help add to his ring count? That sounds far more beta than LeBron early in his career trying to get some role players to Cleveland, arguably one of the worst franchises in sports.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
10-18-2014, 06:43 PM
Aren't you the guy who was just saying that Kobe was still demanding a trade in 2008 while sitting at first place in the western conference?

Am I? Feel free to quote me word-for-word.

:cheers:

ArbitraryWater
10-18-2014, 06:45 PM
So that justifies him to get the best player in the league, and another top 10 player to help add to his ring count? That sounds far more beta than LeBron early in his career trying to get some role players to Cleveland, arguably one of the worst franchises in sports.

If anything, by his logic, shouldn't that be reason to not publically approve and start talk on the Arrival of THE BEST PLAYER AND ANOTHER TOP 10 GUY?

Whack... He's caught in his own Agenda.

JT123
10-18-2014, 06:49 PM
:oldlol: Madsen embarrassing himself, as always.

SamuraiSWISH
10-18-2014, 06:53 PM
Kobe and MJ just needed unselfish skilled pretty damn good players in pau and pippen.. but they didnt need 2 pippens or 2 paus lol.
MJ kind of molded Pippen over time to his image. No he didn't "create" him, but Pippen played like a junior mints Jordan. Everyone forgets this ...

Kobe did have a really good player, though inconsistent, in Lamar Odom on those 2006, 2007, and 2008 teams. During the skittles candy phase, before the nose candy.

Kobe's style on that team however wasn't indicative of raising his teammates level of play. PJ even commented on it recently, wishing he played more like Bron plays now. Kobe resorted to anger, and frustration far too often. Going on scoring binges at the expense of everything else. Entertaining? Absolutely. But not good for the team. Especially when he had a HOF like coach capable of guiding him.

He demanded a trade for Jason Kidd, then in the summer of 2007 wanted to be traded to the Bulls to pair up with Luol Deng on a defensive club, in a weak conference. Easy paths to the Finals. Kobe was publically pouting. It wasn't the tactical move you make it sound.

If he truly was just trying motivate LA to make moves, he could've done that behind doors if that was the case. But it wasn't. Believe it or not, Kobe even since before he entered the league had a heavy sense of entitlement. He was angry that in just 3 years he wasn't competing for championships. So he threw a tantrum.

Now I agree LeBron went total overkill in the summer of 2010 pairing himself up with in their prime talents he did. But maybe that was an overreaction out of his own frustration for 7 years playing the hand he was dealt, and his next best players being Larry Hughers, and underperforming Mo Williams?

He watched Kobe enter the league with a top 5 - top 10 player ever to win rings with. Immediately 3 peated, everything he did after was considered a career winner.

After just three years of a bad to mediocre roster, LA steals a player like Pau Gasol on the cheap ... then adds Bynum, Ariza, and Artest to their core of Kobe / Odom / Gasol.

Along with in his own conference later prime KG / Pierce / Ray Allen teaming up, along with emerging Rajon Rondo. And littered with defensive stoppers like Posey, and Tony Allen.

LeBron was probably pissed, and with his own futile attempts to just get a SOLID reliable #2 option to come to Cleveland, he OD'ed and was like I'm going to join my buddy prime Dwyane Wade, and Chris Bosh. Then we'll see who can win rings too.

Even if what James did was cowardly, I get what he did or why he did. Plus the allure of basically a 4 year mini vacation, college like transformative experience in South Beach? For all my criticisms, I get it.

End of the day? He went back to Cleveland. Understood his value to his hometown. Yes, they have young talent on the team. Albeit unproven, without playoff experience. The 2014 Cavs certainly are not the "ready made" championship material that Riley, and prime MVP caliber Wade provided as allure in the summer of 2010.

I think it's time we cut James a bit of a break. Even I'm getting tired of hating him since 2010. There is a level of respectability in going back home to Cleveland. Even if the talent he's with now is better equipped to win now than Miami's broken down talent. Sure he returned partly because of that but I doubt it's the only reason.

Reading threads lately about the laundry list of true life character defects of NBA athletes, James playing with an MVP buddy for 4 years than going back home is hardly as evil as:

- Karl Malone as a 21 year old impregnanting a 12 year old girl. Or not raising all his children by different mothers, refusing for many years to acknowledge their existence.

- Allen Iverson, and his ghetto race war brawls in Virginia, throwing chairs at women or innocent bystanders who just so happen to not share his skint one. Or getting kicked out of casinos for reckless behavior, as he did pissing in public at a Detroit casino.

- Or Paul George knocking up a stripper while dating Doc River's daughter, and offering money for her to abort it. Sending dick pics to transsexuals.

- Kobe, even he may not have done it, even putting himself in the position to be accused of rape. Forceful consensual sex, having not really knowing that girl is pretty alarming in of itself. I'm all for having a submissive chick in the bedroom, or role playing games once you've established a bond with someone. Lends itself to Kobe's long standing character issues of his sense of entitlement.

LeBron doesn't get in trouble for anything. He married his HS sweet heart. He doesn't even have minor issues like competitive addiction, such as MJ like gambling habits.

From here on out, I'm cutting dude some slack.

mehyaM24
10-18-2014, 06:53 PM
LeBron doesn't get in trouble for anything. He married his HS sweet heart. He doesn't even have minor issues like competitive addiction, such as MJ like gambling habits.

you say this - and then a few posts later you talk about lebron being a "drama queen" and "coward" for leaving miami and cleveland.

say what you mean, brah.

ArbitraryWater
10-18-2014, 06:55 PM
you say this - and then a few posts later you talk about lebron being a "drama queen" and "coward" for leaving miami and cleveland.

say what you mean, brah.

He's pretty bipolar... I don't get him (anymore).

Edit: You can see in his longer, rational and thought through posts he makes more sense.

SamuraiSWISH
10-18-2014, 07:00 PM
I'm not bi-polar at all.

I resort to trolling the LeBron stans such as ArbitraryWater, TonyMontana, JT123, The Immortal, SilkkShocker and mehyaM24 because that's what ISH has become.

These same nut bags are genuine in their attempted trolling wars over Jordan, or Kobe, etc.

Dabbling in trolling on occasion to get them going, doesn't mean what I say on ISH is my definitive opinion on something.

In real life, I'm sure most of us are all more sensible than the near carictures we appear to be on ISH. Rare exceptions being the likes of kennethgriffin, etc.

mehyaM24
10-18-2014, 07:02 PM
I'm not bi-polar at all.

I resort to trolling the LeBron stans such as ArbitraryWater, TonyMontana, JT123, The Immortal, SilkkShocker and mehyaM24 because that's what ISH has become.

These same nut bags are genuine in their attempted trolling wars over Jordan, or Kobe, etc.

In real life, I'm sure most of us are all more sensible than the near carictures we appear to be on ISH. Rare exceptions being the likes of kennethgriffin, etc.

sammy.. just because i dont think like you, doesnt mean i am a troll.

i dont like either kobe or jordan, but i have them both in my top 10 :confusedshrug:

SamuraiSWISH
10-18-2014, 07:05 PM
sammy.. just because i dont think like you, doesnt mean i am a troll.
No, you're a defined ISH niche troll. Pure attention seeking behavior. Almost habitually since you started posting here. Why don't we leave it to popular opinion and take a poll? No one thinks you're a sensible, rationale basketball opinion.

ArbitraryWater
10-18-2014, 07:06 PM
Immortal isn't even a LeBron stan...

And why do you group meyha, me or even Montana as TROLLS?

Wow..

We don't need to agree on everything... We wouldn't be talking all the time if one was a troll. You don't continue debating with those guys.

I wouldn't call you a troll because of it.

All I'm saying is, I find it weird to have someone who calls him a "quitter, Choker, etc." and then the next day "He's the 2nd best ever, he did this, that, etc."....

But we'll see what comes of the "From here on out".

mehyaM24
10-18-2014, 07:07 PM
No, you're a defined ISH niche troll. Pure attention seeking behavior. Almost habitually since you started posting here. Why don't we leave it to popular opinion and take a poll?

i talk hoops - and you see that as attention seeking? i think you're projecting BIG TIME.

SamuraiSWISH
10-18-2014, 07:09 PM
And why do you group meyha, me or even Montana as TROLLS?
You don't think meyha, and Montana are trolls? Can't take you seriously anymore, bruh

All I'm saying is, I find it weird to have someone who calls him a "quitter, Choker, etc." and then the next day "He's the 2nd best ever, he did this, that, etc."....
Because I point to his obvious flaws? Not everything is so black and white. You wouldn't understand that because you're balls deep in your LeBron fandom.

J Shuttlesworth
10-18-2014, 07:10 PM
I'm not bi-polar at all.

Dabbling in trolling on occasion to get them going, doesn't mean what I say on ISH is my definitive opinion on something.

:lol :applause: i'm starting to like Swish more and more

ArbitraryWater
10-18-2014, 07:12 PM
You don't think meyha, and Montana are trolls? Can't take you seriously anymore, bruh

Because I point to his obvious flaws? Not everything is so black and white. You wouldn't understand that because you're balls deep in your LeBron fandom.

I excluded Montana because he's not active anymore...

Me and meyha are kinda tight though, and have known each other before/off ISH, I'm sticking with him, even though I would really disagree with the "Shaq was the best Player on the '06 Heat".

pauk
Cool.... :confusedshrug: Even your man Kobe himself finds Lebron as the #1 guy he would like to play with and wanted to "recruit" him. http://www.lakersnation.com/lakers-rumors-kobe-bryant-recruiting-lebron-carmelo-on-twitter/2014/06/26/

I dont know whats the big deal, its not like they are literally "recruiting" them lol... they just say "Yea, sure, it would be cool to play with him?"..... no player ever went "Hell naw, i dont wont to play with him, he is a douchebag"

Milbuck

Sums it up quite nicely.

SamuraiSWISH
10-18-2014, 07:17 PM
I excluded Montana because he's not active anymore...

Me and meyha are kinda tight though, and have known each other before/off ISH, I'm sticking with him, even though I would really disagree with the "Shaq was the best Player on the '06 Heat".
What about his asinine opinions on Jordan?

Half the shit out of his mouth, or any other ISH hardcore LeBron / Kobe stan / 3 ball in real life ... spoken out loud around basketball minds?

Like at the barber shop, or bar, or waiting to get on for a game of pick up ... You'd be ostracized and laughed out of the gym, bar, or salon. Never to be taken seriously again.

SugarHill
10-18-2014, 07:19 PM

Half the shit out of his mouth, or any other ISH hardcore LeBron / Kobe stan / 3 ball in real life ... spoken out loud around basketball minds?

Like at the barber shop, or bar, or waiting to get on for a game of pick up ... You'd be ostracized and laughed out of the gym, bar, or salon. Never to be taken seriously again.

lol @ 3ball being an entity all his own

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
10-18-2014, 07:19 PM

You do change your mind a lot, dude. I've seen you praise Bron beyond belief, and then completely change your tune about guy, acting as if he's some shameless coward afraid of greatness. Its kinda bizarre.

BTW- If you don't mind, I would like to see your list of Jordan trolls when you have the chance.

ArbitraryWater
10-18-2014, 07:20 PM

Would expect it from a troll.. But I think its unfair for YOU to be grouping me with them.

I've praised many other Players, including Jordan, Wade, etc. have made arguments their way in discussions, can laugh about Bron jokes ANY time... Talk to me about what you want...

But to go on and then Group me with Dragic and those alts that look like they're created to draw hate on LeBron?

http://hoops-nation.com/community/public/style_emoticons/default/1b7KG.png

About meyha, I've told him I disagree with his stuff aswell... MJ is the GOAT, but he's serious.. Reason I prefer him over others, is he tries to make arguments. You can be wrong, but if you put together something, I'm fine with it.

mehyaM24
10-18-2014, 07:22 PM
i have jordan and kobe top 10. what about my opinion of jordan is so asinine?

all i ever did and still do is give pippen his just due.. i've done my best to back up my opinions with former player quotes and numbers. :confusedshrug:

ArbitraryWater
10-18-2014, 07:24 PM

all i ever did and still do is give pippen his just due.. i've done my best to back up my opinions with former player quotes and numbers. :confusedshrug:

Quotes can be the most manipulative thing to exist... Unless we're talking 60's Players, I'd try to exclude them entirely....

So many personalites have said this, and then a year later the exact opposite... Or backtracked... And didn't even realize it.

Milbuck
10-18-2014, 07:25 PM

Where do you have Jordan ranked in the top 10? If not a specific number, maybe a range, like 1-3, 3-5, etc.

Cold soul
10-18-2014, 07:27 PM
I'm not bi-polar at all.

This is perfectly summed Up. Nicely done. :applause:

TheMarkMadsen
10-18-2014, 07:29 PM
Am I? Feel free to quote me word-for-word.

:cheers:

ok..

I was responding to a poster who insinuated Kobe only stopped asking for a trade when Gasol showed up

try to keep up

Umm, he did l?

ArbitraryWater
10-18-2014, 07:31 PM
ok..

reading comprehension bro... All that means is the he asked for a trade before Gasol came. Not that it specifically happened in 2008.

Actually that isn't even reading comprehension... That's some other shit you're lacking.

TheMarkMadsen
10-18-2014, 07:32 PM
I dont know hats the big deal, its not like they are literally "recruiting" them lol... they just say "Yea, sure, it would be cool to play with him?"

lol no

"I recruited [before] I left here, but I just didn't win nothing so nobody wanted to play with me," James said, pointing out that previously, the lone marquee free agent to come to Cleveland based on his influence was Larry Hughes in 2005. "I recruited. I recruited Michael Redd, I recruited Joe Johnson, I recruited Chris Bosh. I recruited a lot of guys.

mehyaM24
10-18-2014, 07:34 PM
Where do you have Jordan ranked in the top 10? If not a specific number, maybe a range, like 1-3, 3-5, etc.?
i have him ranked behind kareem, russell and maybe magic. so at worst 4, at best top 3.

however, the more research i do, the more i learn towards ranking by tiers. fundamentally speaking there is not a end-all, be-all "GOAT".

TheMarkMadsen
10-18-2014, 07:34 PM
reading comprehension bro... All that means is the he asked for a trade before Gasol came. Not that it specifically happened in 2008.

Actually that isn't even reading comprehension... That's some other shit you're lacking.

how can you not follow this?

he said that Kobe only stopped asking for a trade once they got Gasol

SugarHill
10-18-2014, 07:36 PM
?
i have him ranked behind kareem, russell and maybe magic. so at worst 4, at best top 3.

however, the more research i do, the more i learn towards ranking by tiers. fundamentally speaking there is not a end-all, be-all "GOAT".

There's like no argument for having Magic ahead of Jordan :coleman:

ArbitraryWater
10-18-2014, 07:36 PM
how can you not follow this?

he said that Kobe only stopped asking for a trade once they got Gasol

OH MY GOD... What do you mean? So because Kobe didn't asked for a trade the DAY before they got Gasol???

Stop being so broad :facepalm

He asked for it like 5 months earlier, and we had about 2 months of regular season games since..... This isn't some 4-year time span, okay?

Just because you don't get what Kobe asked for, doesn't mean Kobe will go out every week to say "Yeah, by the way, I do still want this Team to get better or I wanna be traded"...

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
10-18-2014, 07:37 PM

Saved me from lambasting that clown. Thanks.

I'm done trying to explain something a 4th grader would comprehend lol.

Cocaine80s
10-18-2014, 07:37 PM
Jordan>Lebron>Durant>Kobe

When it is all said and done

mehyaM24
10-18-2014, 07:39 PM
There's like no argument for having Magic ahead of Jordan :coleman:
i feel magic is the goat offensive player - but again, i rank players differently than most.. :confusedshrug:

ArbitraryWater
10-18-2014, 07:43 PM

Kobetards love Durant now... But damn, once KD creeps up legacy wise?

http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/2/JTheadshake.gif#shaking%20head%20no%20gif%20480x27 6

TheMarkMadsen
10-18-2014, 07:49 PM
OH MY GOD... What do you mean? So because Kobe didn't asked for a trade the DAY before they got Gasol???

Stop being so broad :facepalm

He asked for it like 5 months earlier, and we had about 2 months of regular season games since..... This isn't some 4-year time span, okay?

Just because you don't get what Kobe asked for, doesn't mean Kobe will go out every week to say "Yeah, by the way, I do still want this Team to get better or I wanna be traded"...

holy shit you are some kind of stupid

After all the anger and angst and fury of the immediate post-Shaq era had inspired Kobe Bryant to make a trade demand, Jerry Buss finally called his superstar guard to the owner's home in the Los Angeles hills on an autumn evening in 2007.

The Los Angeles Lakers had found a trade for Bryant, but Buss warned him that it wasn't to one of his selected destinations.

"It hit me that I didn't really want to walk out on Dr. Buss," Bryant told Yahoo! Sports on Monday.

Kobe ended the traded request and made the decision to stay a Laker before the Gasol trade was even a thought..

which is all i have been saying :facepalm :facepalm

Milbuck
10-18-2014, 07:50 PM
Does 2003 Kobe lose to the Spurs, in place of KD on OKC?

SamuraiSWISH
10-18-2014, 07:52 PM
No.

Neither does 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, and 2010 Kobe in his place.

Milbuck
10-18-2014, 07:55 PM
No.

Neither does 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, and 2010 Kobe in his place.
Thank you.

We need to stop making definitive statements about Durant's legacy, whether it's negative or positive. Dude is 26 and isn't even close to done.

ArbitraryWater
10-18-2014, 08:08 PM

You're asking if 2003 Kobe on the 2014 Thunder loses to the Spurs, right?
Not if 2014 Durant on the 2003 Lakers loses to the Spurs?..

Well, if Kobe actually does what he did in 2003 against the Spurs, yeah, sure... 43% won't get OKC over the Spurs, anywhere.

Thank you.

We need to stop making definitive statements about Durant's legacy, whether it's negative or positive. Dude is 26 and isn't even close to done.

Damn, who are you accusing?

http://i.gyazo.com/af6d3f151cf6e8d4473044c2498513b3.png

Not yourself, right?

Milbuck
10-18-2014, 08:11 PM
You just proved my point :oldlol:

I said in that post exactly what I said in the post in this thread....that DEFINITIVELY making statements about Durant and his career (so in that thread, that he'll never surpass Bird) is absurd considering how much he has left in his career.

ArbitraryWater
10-18-2014, 08:14 PM
You just proved my point :oldlol:

I said in that post exactly what I said in the post in this thread....that DEFINITIVELY making statements about Durant and his career (so in that thread, that he'll never surpass Bird) is absurd considering how much he has left in his career.

Nahhhh.... Lettuce be realite here, doe.

What you said was different.

"Lets not suggest Durant doesn't have a Chance of surpassing him, ever"

That's different... That's saying he could, considering the pace he is on right now... Which, if you're being honest, is the same thing I did, just not with Bird, but Kobe.

Milbuck
10-18-2014, 08:19 PM
Nahhhh.... Lettuce be realite here, doe.

What you said was different.

"Lets not suggest Durant doesn't have a Chance of surpassing him, ever"

That's different... That's saying he could, considering the pace he is on right now... Which, if you're being honest, is the same thing I did, just not with Bird, but Kobe.
In that thread: don't say Durant can't surpass Bird with 100% certainty

In this thread: don't say Durant will surpass Kobe with 100% certainty

Explain to me which of these arguments is flawed.

Real14
10-18-2014, 08:20 PM
I'm not surprised especially with the type of heart and competitive nature Lebron has.

tpols
10-18-2014, 08:26 PM
MJ kind of molded Pippen over time to his image. No he didn't "create" him, but Pippen played like a junior mints Jordan. Everyone forgets this ...

Kobe did have a really good player, though inconsistent, in Lamar Odom on those 2006, 2007, and 2008 teams. During the skittles candy phase, before the nose candy.

Kobe's style on that team however wasn't indicative of raising his teammates level of play. PJ even commented on it recently, wishing he played more like Bron plays now. Kobe resorted to anger, and frustration far too often. Going on scoring binges at the expense of everything else. Entertaining? Absolutely. But not good for the team. Especially when he had a HOF like coach capable of guiding him.

He demanded a trade for Jason Kidd, then in the summer of 2007 wanted to be traded to the Bulls to pair up with Luol Deng on a defensive club, in a weak conference. Easy paths to the Finals. Kobe was publically pouting. It wasn't the tactical move you make it sound.

If he truly was just trying motivate LA to make moves, he could've done that behind doors if that was the case. But it wasn't. Believe it or not, Kobe even since before he entered the league had a heavy sense of entitlement. He was angry that in just 3 years he wasn't competing for championships. So he threw a tantrum.

Now I agree LeBron went total overkill in the summer of 2010 pairing himself up with in their prime talents he did. But maybe that was an overreaction out of his own frustration for 7 years playing the hand he was dealt, and his next best players being Larry Hughers, and underperforming Mo Williams?

He watched Kobe enter the league with a top 5 - top 10 player ever to win rings with. Immediately 3 peated, everything he did after was considered a career winner.

After just three years of a bad to mediocre roster, LA steals a player like Pau Gasol on the cheap ... then adds Bynum, Ariza, and Artest to their core of Kobe / Odom / Gasol.

Along with in his own conference later prime KG / Pierce / Ray Allen teaming up, along with emerging Rajon Rondo. And littered with defensive stoppers like Posey, and Tony Allen.

LeBron was probably pissed, and with his own futile attempts to just get a SOLID reliable #2 option to come to Cleveland, he OD'ed and was like I'm going to join my buddy prime Dwyane Wade, and Chris Bosh. Then we'll see who can win rings too.

Even if what James did was cowardly, I get what he did or why he did. Plus the allure of basically a 4 year mini vacation, college like transformative experience in South Beach? For all my criticisms, I get it.

End of the day? He went back to Cleveland. Understood his value to his hometown. Yes, they have young talent on the team. Albeit unproven, without playoff experience. The 2014 Cavs certainly are not the "ready made" championship material that Riley, and prime MVP caliber Wade provided as allure in the summer of 2010.

I think it's time we cut James a bit of a break. Even I'm getting tired of hating him since 2010. There is a level of respectability in going back home to Cleveland. Even if the talent he's with now is better equipped to win now than Miami's broken down talent. Sure he returned partly because of that but I doubt it's the only reason.

Reading threads lately about the laundry list of true life character defects of NBA athletes, James playing with an MVP buddy for 4 years than going back home is hardly as evil as:

- Karl Malone as a 21 year old impregnanting a 12 year old girl. Or not raising all his children by different mothers, refusing for many years to acknowledge their existence.

- Allen Iverson, and his ghetto race war brawls in Virginia, throwing chairs at women or innocent bystanders who just so happen to not share his skint one. Or getting kicked out of casinos for reckless behavior, as he did pissing in public at a Detroit casino.

- Or Paul George knocking up a stripper while dating Doc River's daughter, and offering money for her to abort it. Sending dick pics to transsexuals.

- Kobe, even he may not have done it, even putting himself in the position to be accused of rape. Forceful consensual sex, having not really knowing that girl is pretty alarming in of itself. I'm all for having a submissive chick in the bedroom, or role playing games once you've established a bond with someone. Lends itself to Kobe's long standing character issues of his sense of entitlement.

Swish, Youve said it yourself about the cowardly stacking of the Heat.. Dwayne Wade, Chris bosh, and Lebron all in their primes.. all from eastern teams, converging into one.. with their best competition young teams led by younger stars in Paul George and Derrick Rose.

Pau and Odom are nice. Really nice. But its not at all aplicable. It would be like if Kobe had joined up with Duncan and Kidd in the summer of 06 or 07 or something.. Its just another level of 'stacked'.

And as for the whole coming back home thing.. he only 'came back' because wade and bosh seemed to have fell off a cliff in the playoffs last year and he didnt want to stick around with an aging core so he traded them in for some new toys. Its not like he left a good situation voluntarily to go to a bad one for the sake of his home.. he did the opposite.

And all the kobe stuff ITT.. is hypothetical. Its one thing to say something, another thing to orchestrate it and make it happen over and over.

Actions > Words.

Cold soul
10-18-2014, 08:28 PM

God awful list. :oldlol:

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
10-18-2014, 08:31 PM
Not really. When its all said and done, that list w/ maybe the exception of Durant, will likely be the consensus.

RoundMoundOfReb
10-18-2014, 08:31 PM
In that thread: don't say Durant can't surpass Bird with 100% certainty

In this thread: don't say Durant will surpass Kobe with 100% certainty

Explain to me which of these arguments is flawed.

Wtf is the point of being on an internet forum if you're not gonna express an opinion and just say "let's wait and see"?

RoundMoundOfReb
10-18-2014, 08:32 PM

Durant and Kobe could be flipped (and i think they will be)..but other than that it's accurate

ArbitraryWater
10-18-2014, 08:33 PM

Except it really isnt far fetched at all.... Sure, a Kobe Kid may get upset, #thanksfortheexposal, brodie.

SamuraiSWISH
10-18-2014, 08:34 PM
1) MJ
2) LeBron
3) Kobe
4) Wade
5) Durant (right now)

Milbuck
10-18-2014, 08:34 PM
Wtf is the point of being on an internet forum if you're not gonna express an opinion and just say "let's wait and see"?
My opinion is that we don't know shit about exactly what's gonna happen in the next 10-15 years. It's really not that hard to grasp.

ArbitraryWater
10-18-2014, 08:35 PM

He likes Kobe... Alot. Difference is, I said Durant can creep up on KOBE, while he said, Durant can very well come close/surpass BIRD, given his pace..

Milbuck, if you're honest, that's it... I didn't have a Problem admitting a mistake a few days earlier if you remember... You can too... You can make it. I know you have it in you.

RoundMoundOfReb
10-18-2014, 08:37 PM
My opinion is that we don't know shit about exactly what's gonna happen in the next 10-15 years. It's really not that hard to grasp.
That thread where you made that comment about Durant and Bird was about whether Durant is "on-pace" to be top 10...Meaning you're supposed to make an educated guess as to whether or not he does...The fact that anything can happen goes without saying

Milbuck
10-18-2014, 08:38 PM
He likes Kobe... Alot. Difference is, I said Durant can creep up on KOBE, while he said, Durant can very well come close/surpass BIRD, given his pace..

Milbuck, if you're honest, that's it... I didn't have a Problem admitting a mistake a few days earlier if you remember... You can too... You can make it. I know you have it in you.
It wasn't a mistake :oldlol:

You found a post that supports what I said in this thread perfectly. I even explicitly stated earlier "we need to stop making definitive statements about Durant's legacy, whether it's negative or positive"

Durant can surpass Kobe. He can also surpass Bird. Or he could be ranked below both of them when it's all said and done.

RoundMoundOfReb
10-18-2014, 08:39 PM
Durant can surpass Kobe. He can also surpass Bird. Or he could be ranked below both of them when it's all said and done.
wow way to go out on a limb there

Milbuck
10-18-2014, 08:40 PM
wow way to go out on a limb there
Which is my point. I didn't say anything that controversial..trying to twist it as if I did is just AW being AW.

ArbitraryWater
10-18-2014, 08:41 PM
It wasn't a mistake :oldlol:

You found a post that supports what I said in this thread perfectly. I even explicitly stated earlier "we need to stop making definitive statements about Durant's legacy, whether it's negative or positive"

Soooo

http://i.gyazo.com/6835cbf71d3fd0ba273031b7a783d426.png

Who are you talking about here? Which definitive Statements?

RoundMoundOfReb
10-18-2014, 08:43 PM
Nobody is making definitive statements...They're expressing an OPINION which is pretty much the purpose of a discussion forum...

Milbuck
Soooo

http://i.gyazo.com/6835cbf71d3fd0ba273031b7a783d426.png

Who are you talking about here? Which definitive Statements?
That was right after Cocaine80s said Durant was gonna end his career ranked ahead of Kobe....which I'd consider a definitive statement.

ArbitraryWater
Which is my point. I didn't say anything that controversial..trying to twist it as if I did is just AW being AW.

Wait what? You're going full troll mode right now :oldlol:

When did I imply that?

Cocaine80s
10-18-2014, 08:44 PM
Nobody is making definitive statements...They're expressing an OPINION which is pretty much the purpose of a discussion forum...
no i definitely believe Durant will end up better than Kobe when its all said and done

Milbuck
Wonderful. Which means I also have the right to point out that we don't actually know shit about exactly what's going to happen in 10-15 years.

RoundMoundOfReb
no i definitely believe Durant will end up better than Kobe when its all said and done

Opinion...

ArbitraryWater
10-18-2014, 08:45 PM
That was right after Cocaine80s said Durant was gonna end his career ranked ahead of Kobe....which I'd consider a definitive statement.

C'mon... Don't be so dense now.

Not that big of a deal.. Just his opinion. And as you said, he very much could..

RoundMoundOfReb
10-18-2014, 08:45 PM
Wonderful. Which means I also have the right to point out that we don't actually know shit about exactly what's going to happen in 10-15 years.
That goes without saying...

SamuraiSWISH
10-18-2014, 08:47 PM
Right.

It's possible Durant could pass Kobe. Not in that probable stage yet.

Only one you can say is either better than Kobe now, or will be ... whose put in the work, won, and has the resume to make the case is LeBron.

Durant is great. But c'mon. I wouldn't rank him all-time over Wade yet either to be honest.

Milbuck
10-18-2014, 08:47 PM
C'mon... Don't be so dense now.

Not that big of a deal.. Just his opinion. And as you said, he very much could..
Literally all I said in one thread is that Durant has a chance to surpass Bird, and in this thread that him surpassing Kobe isn't a guarantee. There's really no inconsistencies in logic there.

chips93
10-18-2014, 08:50 PM
[QUOTE] New ownership allowed for a new general manager

ArbitraryWater
10-18-2014, 08:52 PM
Right.

It's possible Durant could pass Kobe. Not in that probable stage yet.

Only one you can say is either better than Kobe now, or will be ... whose put in the work, won, and has the resume to make the case is LeBron.

Durant is great. But c'mon. I wouldn't rank him all-time over Wade yet either to be honest.

That's a formality, though... We're basically just waiting some seasons for it to be appropriate.

If we have Wade top 25, I think I can put Durant there/above him in 1-2 years.. I mean, the guy will have 5-6 scoring titles by then... Perhaps a title. And about the same if not 1 more elite season than Wade.

Depends on how you feel about '05 Wade. Wade was elite: 2006, 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011...

Durant was elite: 2011-2014.. Obviously with no signs of slowing down any time soon.

I guess if you'd include 2010 Durant, you must also include 2005 Wade.

SamuraiSWISH
10-18-2014, 08:52 PM
2007 free agency, Cleveland gets Ray Allen, and Tyson Chandler. Does LeBron need to leave? Imagine how great that team would become considering how they ended up playing in 2009, and 2010?

ArbitraryWater
10-18-2014, 08:55 PM
2007 free agency, Cleveland gets Ray Allen, and Tyson Chandler. Does LeBron need to leave? Imagine how great that team would become considering how they ended up playing in 2009, and 2010?

I asked myself this question:

2007/2008 was like a turning Point in the NBA....

The 3 Teams that ruled the NBA/West in Mavericks/Spurs/Suns, disappeared for a few years... If Boston doesn't get Garnett and L.A doesn't get Gasol, wow, that would look ALOT different...

Who'd step up?

Damn, based on '07 Events, LeBron could have actually won a title in 2008 and 2010 if those moves aren't made.

2008 ECF: Pistons vs Cavaliers
2010 Finals: Cavaliers vs Suns

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
10-18-2014, 08:56 PM

Bron would be knocking on Mike's door.

SamuraiSWISH
10-18-2014, 09:01 PM
Bron would be knocking on Mike's door.
I know ...

That's LIKELY at least a couple of rings in 2008, 2009, and 2010. Even competing against the Kobe - Gasol Lakers.

Would've KILLED ratings wise to have MVPs Kobe's Lakers v.s. LeBron's Cavaliers for three straight years in the Finals.

:eek:

Cocaine80s
10-18-2014, 09:06 PM
I know ...

That's LIKELY at least a couple of rings in 2008, 2009, and 2010. Even competing against the Kobe - Gasol Lakers.

Would've KILLED ratings wise to have MVPs Kobe's Lakers v.s. LeBron's Cavaliers for three straight years in the Finals.

ISH would not be the same if Kobe and Lebron met in the finals

triangleoffense
10-18-2014, 09:23 PM
If Lebron was actually good at recruiting he'd recruit a more headstrong head coach and a more competent GM.. he should know by now that a GM-player relationship is suppose to be strictly professional.. Might be a newer generation thing where players like Lebron and Dwight actually think that you have to be best buddies with your teammates to win a championship...

I believe the 11 championships between Kobe-MJ-PJax has proved that theory wrong.

Ass Dan
10-18-2014, 09:43 PM
disingenuous argument.

recruiting players shows he does want to win, Bran Sauce is dying to win.

Kobe argument also disingenuous, if Bran Sauce played in LA players would come, especially during the Jerry Buss days.

KingMichael23
10-18-2014, 09:49 PM
Of course nobody wants to play with LeBron. Great player but Ohio sucks.

305Baller
10-18-2014, 10:09 PM
LeBrons

DatAsh
10-18-2014, 10:14 PM
Why does it have to be pure black and white?

Kobe had a shit team --> he wanted a better one, one that could compete. He threatened to go to the Bulls to play with Luol Deng.. that was his idea of team that could compete. Adding pau gasol was all kobe needed in his mind to compete.

Thats not too crazy.. luol deng, or pau + a good defense.. thats all kobe wanted. Just no more luke walton and kwame.

Lebron wanted prime Dwayne Wade AND prime Chris Bosh.. Lebron wanted prime Kyrie Irving AND prime Kevin Love.

Lebron is faaaaar more willing to stack the deck to extreme measures.

What's wrong with that though? If it were against the rules, that would be one thing, but it's not. Recruiting is something players can do off the court to drastically improve their chances of winning.

Hey Yo
10-18-2014, 10:20 PM

Here's Kobe's quote after getting eliminated again by PHX in 2007.

The Lakers were eliminated in the first round for the second straight year and haven't won a playoff series since 2004, when Shaquille O'Neal left Los Angeles. Bryant let it be known after the game that changes must come.

"Do it and do it now," he said. "Personally for me, it's beyond frustration -- three years and still being at ground zero. This summer's a big summer. We have to see what direction we want to take as an organization and make those steps and make them now."

http://espn.go.com/nba/recap?id=270502021

Translation:

Get me help and get it now!!!!

FlashDwyaneWade3
10-19-2014, 12:22 AM

The Lakers were eliminated in the first round for the second straight year and haven't won a playoff series since 2004, when Shaquille O'Neal left Los Angeles. Bryant let it be known after the game that changes must come.

"Do it and do it now," he said. "Personally for me, it's beyond frustration -- three years and still being at ground zero. This summer's a big summer. We have to see what direction we want to take as an organization and make those steps and make them now."

Translation:

Well, the Triangle doesn't work with only 1 superstar or 1 all-star on the team.

tpols
10-19-2014, 12:44 AM

Translation:

Yea he had a mediocre cast and wanted a good one.. He was running with Kwame Odom and smush meanwhile Duncan had manu and Parker.. And nash had amare Joe Johnson and Shawn Marion.

Now if he decided to join Duncan and Nash you'd have a point..

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
10-19-2014, 12:52 AM
I know ...

Scary I know. Only thing is, how would they regroup after those first 2 or 3 titles. Obviously would need more scoring power, because in this hypothetical, Kyrie is never drafted.

tpols
10-19-2014, 01:11 AM
What's wrong with that though? If it were against the rules, that would be one thing, but it's not. Recruiting is something players can do off the court to drastically improve their chances of winning.

Because thats gay as fk. These guys are already tops in history. I want to see face offs that are competitive where the outcome is somewhat unpredictable. And that's not possible when one guy decides to join all the other superstars in his conference

Mr. Jabbar
10-19-2014, 01:16 AM
part of the reason we dont rank lebron among all time greats

Yao Ming's Foot
10-19-2014, 01:45 AM
Lebron James is the most overrated recruiter of all time...

Everybody wants to play with him yet the best player to sign up for the gig is who? Washed up Ray Allen?

:confusedshrug:

poido123
10-19-2014, 02:40 AM
So Lebron has been a P*ssy since he joined the league and wanted the easiest way to titles?

How people like this guy I'll never understand...

All-time greats aren't like this.

JT123
10-19-2014, 02:45 AM
Lebron James is the most overrated recruiter of all time...

Everybody wants to play with him yet the best player to sign up for the gig is who? Washed up Ray Allen?

:facepalm Try Kevin Love. Pick up a newspaper boy.

Yao Ming's Foot
10-19-2014, 02:48 AM
:facepalm Try Kevin Love. Pick up a newspaper boy.

Kevin Love wasn't a free agent.

:facepalm

kamil
10-19-2014, 02:50 AM
LeCollusion.

Cold soul
10-19-2014, 04:58 AM
Not really. When its all said and done, that list w/ maybe the exception of Durant, will likely be the consensus.

Who really knows? Lebron might still sure no guarantee though.

Magic 32
10-19-2014, 06:13 AM
Who did he recruit?