PDA

View Full Version : Vertical Lift on Bryant (Lakers)

triangleoffense
10-18-2014, 09:20 PM
I couldn't figure exactly how to embed the link but I saw this video on my FB news feed today:

https://www.facebook.com/losangeleslakers?fref=nf

First video on the LA Lakers FB page... Video actually surprised me since Kobe took off from almost outside the paint, if not right on the edge.. thoughts? Don't ever watch the preseason except for occasionally moments where the players decide to go full-on.

Brizzly
10-18-2014, 09:31 PM
He was slow at first but he has been getting his legs under him as the preseason has progressed. We still don't know how much he is giving in the preseason. I am not going to judge him until I have seen 10-15 games of the season, that is if he doesn't get re injured.

triangleoffense
10-18-2014, 09:48 PM
^ Yea I guess that was also him at practice... not sure if it speaks to his lift or the Lakers defense.. How is Bryon Scott as a coach anyways? Don't really remember his coaching style when he was with the Hornets.

Pushxx
10-18-2014, 09:49 PM
I think he'll return to respectable form.

triangleoffense
10-18-2014, 09:53 PM
Also how the hell do the Lakers have 19 players on their roster?

Who's going to be cut?

http://www.nba.com/lakers/roster

KungFuJoe
10-19-2014, 01:47 AM
He jumped from right around the circle and put down a basic dunk. I could do that dunk.

Kobe is done as a jumper. He tore his freakin achilles for Christs sake. He will never be able to jump anywhere close to before.

ImKobe
10-19-2014, 01:52 AM
He jumped from right around the circle and put down a basic dunk. I could do that dunk.

Kobe is done as a jumper. He tore his freakin achilles for Christs sake. He will never be able to jump anywhere close to before.

yet in the video he got up as high as he did before, looked similar to the dunk he had on Josh Smith in 2013 :confusedshrug:

Obviously, you're going to lose some lift and explosion as you age, but he looks good.

BigBoss
10-19-2014, 02:12 AM

How many 36 year olds after tearing their achilles can do that in their 19th season? Thats the point. It's not "can he jump the way he did before".

Burgz V2
10-19-2014, 10:18 AM

post it.

Genaro
10-19-2014, 10:31 AM
Nice dunk by Kobe, he looked ok on pre season and I expect him to have a good season.
Rest of the team thought, is really weak. And as we saw their defense is crap even on practice.