PDA

View Full Version : What does ISH think of the Hawks?

atljonesbro
10-19-2014, 12:46 PM
I'm curious to see what what you guys honestly think of the Hawks here. Me and many other Hawks fans right now are really high on the team and believe they can be a top 3 seed. I feel like the 3 point heavy ball movement system is very effective in today's league and really gives them an opportunity to compete with every team regardless if they aren't as talented. Mike Budenholzer is one of the best coaches in the league and does a phenomenal job utilizing his talent. I think so much of this will come down to Jeff Teague, who all Hawks fans will agree is by far the most important player on the team. When he is pushing the tempo, attacking the basket, and being aggressive in general our offensive is at it's best and really hard to defend. It all comes down to him bringing that "Playoff Teague" aggressive mentality to the regular season.

What does ISH think?

KobesFinger
10-19-2014, 12:48 PM
Whats a "Hawks"?

Im so nba'd out
10-19-2014, 12:50 PM
I'm curious to see what what you guys honestly think of the Hawks here. Me and many other Hawks fans right now are really high on the team and believe they can be a top 3 seed. I feel like the 3 point heavy ball movement system is very effective in today's league and really gives them an opportunity to compete with every team regardless if they aren't as talented. Mike Budenholzer is one of the best coaches in the league and does a phenomenal job utilizing his talent. I think so much of this will come down to Jeff Teague, who all Hawks fans will agree is by far the most important player on the team. When he is pushing the tempo, attacking the basket, and being aggressive in general our offensive is at it's best and really hard to defend. It all comes down to him bringing that "Playoff Teague" aggressive mentality to the regular season.

What does ISH think?
http://www.gifsforum.com/images/gif/wtf/grand/kobe_bryan_wtf.gif

mehyaM24
10-19-2014, 12:51 PM
they're an athletic version of the spurs, just not as savvy or experienced. ish knows i've never been high on ATL - that was until i saw them last postseason. they impressed me. if their core and coaching stay in tact, while continuing to build much needed chemistry, they will be a championship contender in 2 years max (srs).

MP.Trey
10-19-2014, 12:53 PM
I know that Hawks fans on ISH think they can be a 50 win team somehow.

I like Mike Bud, Teague & Horford, Millsap to an extent, I think they should deal him and try to acquire a rim protecting C next to Al and slide him to the 4 spot like he's been begging to play for years. But I don't see them winning over 43-45 games tops if their core pieces stay healthy all year

Taller than CP3
10-19-2014, 01:04 PM
No one cares about the Hawks, not even Atlanta.

Done_And_Done
10-20-2014, 05:24 AM
They'll give some decent teams fits this year and will be one of those athletic/scrappy underdogs who hold their own. 6-8 seed is theirs for their taking (potentially 5th)

andremiller07
10-20-2014, 05:29 AM
I loved Hawks ever since they had both Horford and Teague,

#Horford + Milsap is a beast combo at PF/C
# Carroll is a beast on D and can hit the 3 another good player Jazz let go for nothing
#Korver high IQ elite shooter
#Teague dynamic two way PG
#Excellent coach and good ball movement

There bench but aside from Mike Scott and the potential of Dennis leaves alot to be desired but

Genaro
10-20-2014, 11:44 AM
From 3-7th I see things wide open in the east. It will all comes down to witch teams will have less injuries to deal with but the way I see now, Raptors, Hawks, Heat, Bobcats and Wizards are about the same level and any order can happen.

The 8th seed will come down to Nets, Pacers, Knicks or Pistons. 1st and 2nd are Bulls and Cavs.

T_L_P
10-20-2014, 11:50 AM
Love them, rooting for them out East. Love Bud, love their style. Love them having two All-Star quality bigs.

KungFuJoe
10-20-2014, 11:58 AM
The Hawks...never heard of them. Are they any good? Can Cleveland get them?

Myth
10-20-2014, 12:04 PM
I'm likely to see a Hawks game in Atlanta this year, so hopefully they have an exciting year.

hawksdogsbraves
10-20-2014, 12:22 PM
Honestly the fact that we have Coach Bud is pretty much the only thing that has me excited about this upcoming season.

I do like that we have a lot of flexibility with the roster as well, but considering Ferry is stuck in purgatory somewhere idk how we're going to make moves. If we can get a good return on Horford and/or Millsap I say go for it.

JohnMax
10-20-2014, 01:34 PM
Schroeder was blowing by Rose. I didn't think he was that fast.

LoneyROY7
10-20-2014, 02:10 PM
Me and many other Hawks fans right now are really high on the team and believe they can be a top 3 seed.

http://cdn3.sbnation.com/assets/3914361/Russ-Troll.gif

Sakkreth
10-20-2014, 02:21 PM
Nothing.

chips93
10-21-2014, 06:47 PM
what do you guys think of jon jenkins? do you expect him to contribute much this year, or was it a wasted pick?

hawksdogsbraves
10-21-2014, 07:12 PM
what do you guys think of jon jenkins? do you expect him to contribute much this year, or was it a wasted pick?

Seems to be doing alright in the preseason, if he can sink 3's he'll find minutes on this team.

GrapeApe
10-21-2014, 07:19 PM
They'll be a solid team as usual but still remain in middle to lower seed purgatory.

atljonesbro
02-05-2015, 09:35 AM
:confusedshrug:

RightTwoCensor
02-05-2015, 09:41 AM
Nobody in the world liked this Hawks team except the players and Zach Lowe. Fax.

WallIn
02-05-2015, 09:52 AM
Why a bump?

How the hell could we know they they would go undefeated for the entire month etc. ?

atljonesbro
02-05-2015, 09:55 AM
Why a bump?

How the hell could we know they they would go undefeated for the entire month etc. ?
To show y'all aren't as smart as you think and your word isn't fact. One person in this thread said we'd win 43 games and we may have that by the Allstar break

BuffaloBill
02-05-2015, 09:59 AM
Good regular season team :applause:

MrC1991
02-05-2015, 10:03 AM
I don't know if I trust them in the post season, but its nice to see a new team enter the championship mix.