PDA

View Full Version : Better passer, lebron or Magic?

Lebronxrings
10-19-2014, 03:25 PM
Who was the better passer in your opinion? For me, its close considering lebron had better scoring skills than magic, so logically he wouldn't have to pass as much. Both are freaks in playmaking though.

navy
10-19-2014, 03:27 PM
Magic not even close.

SugarHill
10-19-2014, 03:28 PM
LeBron. Forget the stats and what other people tell you, just look into your heart. LeBron was also the better player on those Laker teams arguably the best player of the 80s.

SuperCereal
10-19-2014, 03:31 PM
LeBron. Forget the stats and what other people tell you, just look into your heart. LeBron was also the better player on those Laker teams arguably the best player of the 80s.
:applause: :bowdown:

imdaman99
10-19-2014, 03:33 PM
The truth :bowdown:

Lebronxrings
10-19-2014, 03:35 PM
what?

Can't tell if trolling...

Kblaze8855
10-19-2014, 03:43 PM
So this is how you come back from a ban.......

JellyBean
10-19-2014, 03:44 PM
Magic. No need to get into some long winded debate. Magic was the better passer.

sdot_thadon
10-19-2014, 03:50 PM
This is getting ridiculous now. What next who's the better post player Lebron vs. Hakeem? Or who was the bigger player Mugsy vs. Lebron?

Lebronxrings
10-19-2014, 03:55 PM
This is getting ridiculous now. What next who's the better post player Lebron vs. Hakeem? Or who was the bigger player Mugsy vs. Lebron?
its funny you say stuff like when there are posters here claiming kobe was a better passer than lebron.

The lebron vs magic thing isn't farfetched at all. Many experts have already compared them several times before in terms of passing. Its only here on ISH where people knock him for his passing saying garbage like "He needs the ball everytime" or "Lebron ball makes his teammates worse"

GrapeApe
10-19-2014, 04:00 PM

Very true. I also consider LeBron to have passed Bird as the greatest white player of all time.

sportjames23
10-19-2014, 04:03 PM
Very true. I also consider LeBron to have passed Bird as the greatest white player of all time.

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

SugarHill
10-19-2014, 04:18 PM
I don't even think it's up for debate. What did Bird do better? LeBron is definitely the GOAT white player.

Smoke117
10-19-2014, 04:20 PM
http://mrwgifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/Jake-Gyllenhaal-Has-a-Headache-In-a-Dramatic-Movie-Scene.gif

KyleKong
10-19-2014, 04:22 PM
Doesn't matter.

Both of them will ever reach Peyton Manning's 2013-2014 passing season.

SHAQisGOAT
10-19-2014, 04:26 PM
:biggums:

:facepalm

LeBron's a great passer but not even as good of a passer as Bird, and Larry was terrific but not even as good as Magic...

Magic's the GOAT passer (well, either him or Stockton) and I don't think I'd even put LeBron in my top10 as far as that.

Next thing you know, you're taking it to LeBron being as good of a shooter as Ray Allen... Stop making dumb threads, son.

Real14
10-19-2014, 04:36 PM
End of thread. End of the damn thread:applause:

Milbuck
10-19-2014, 04:39 PM

LeBron's a great passer but not even as good of a passer as Bird, and Larry was terrific but not even as good as Magic...

Magic's the GOAT passer (well, either him or Stockton) and I don't think I'd even put LeBron in my top10 as far as that.

Next thing you know, you're taking it to LeBron being as good of a shooter as Ray Allen... Stop making dumb threads, son.

But Lebron actually is a better shooter than Ray Allen.

This is LEBRON we're talking about.

Real14
10-19-2014, 04:40 PM

:oldlol:

Real14
10-19-2014, 04:41 PM

My niguh:applause:

LBJ 23
10-19-2014, 04:49 PM

Like Dubeta and Dragic, he's not really a Lebron fan. He's probably a Kobe fan or just a Lebron hater pretending to be this retarded Lebron fan just to throw a bad light on all Lebron fans. It's pretty obvious. And for those kind of posters short term bans don't achieve anything, permanent ip ban is the only solution. Because their point of existance is to post retarded shit all the time, the more attention their posting receives the more rewarded their existance is.

Smook A.
10-19-2014, 04:49 PM
http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/oh_i_see_what_you_did_there.gif

Brb. I'll tell you my answer in a couple hours, OP. Gotta think hard about it.

Cobra Kai
10-19-2014, 04:54 PM
Easily, Lebron is a better passer than Magic. Today's passes are much more crisper than they were in the 80's.

Lebron also has a better sky hook than Kareem. He just doesn't have to use it because he has so many other options at his disposal from his otherworldly bag of tricks.

Real14
10-19-2014, 05:02 PM
Easily, Lebron is a better passer than Magic. Today's passes are much more crisper than they were in the 80's.

Lebron also has a better sky hook than Kareem. He just doesn't have to use it because he has so many other options at his disposal from his otherworldly bag of tricks.
:oldlol:

SuperCereal
10-19-2014, 05:14 PM
Bird is not white!

Pointguard
10-19-2014, 06:04 PM
Easily, Lebron is a better passer than Magic. Today's passes are much more crisper than they were in the 80's..
I was going to point this out as well. Today's bounce passes don't even have to hit the hardwood and yesterday's no look passes were done running forward - prehistoric mofos. Guys in Da 80's would catch alley oops like a catcher at a baseball game.

JT123
10-19-2014, 06:26 PM

Career field goal percentage
Ray .452
Lebron .497

Lebron also had a higher 3 point shooting percentage than Allen last year. :confusedshrug:

RoundMoundOfReb
10-19-2014, 06:27 PM
Magic AINEC

LeBron is a great passer for a forward but he isn't even better than PGs like Paul/Rondo/Nash etc...

Milbuck
10-19-2014, 06:28 PM
Ray .452
Lebron .497

Lebron also had a higher 3 point shooting percentage than Allen last year. :confusedshrug:
I agree. Lebron is a better 3 point shooter than Ray ever was. Sick of all these tiny little guards like Ray and Steph and twigs like Reggie Miller being compared to the King.

JT123
10-19-2014, 06:31 PM
I agree. Lebron is a better 3 point shooter than Ray ever was. Sick of all these tiny little guards like Ray and Steph and twigs like Reggie Miller being compared to the King.
Yup. Allen gets to shoot wide open cherry picked 3's coming off screens, while players like Lebron have to create their own looks with defenders right in their grill.

Smook A.
10-19-2014, 06:33 PM
Ray .452
Lebron .497

Wow. What a great way to tell if someone if a better shooter. Look at their career FG%! That's not how it works...

Tyson Chandler career FG%: .584
Reggie Miller career FG%: .471

Oh! Does that mean Tyson Chandler is a better shooter than Reggie? No, because 99% of Tyson's points come from either dunks or layups. Most of LeBron's points come from the paint. Ray Allen is the better shooter and don't even start a debate out of it. LeBron did have the higher 3PT% last season but c'mon... that doesn't mean he's the better shooter. Ray Allen is almost 40 years old. LeBron hasn't even turned 30 yet.

Real14
10-19-2014, 06:34 PM
JT has finally reach level Retardation:lol

Real14
10-19-2014, 06:35 PM
Wow. What a great way to tell if someone if a better shooter. Look at their career FG%! That's not how it works...

Oh! Does that mean Tyson Chandler is a better shooter than Reggie? No, because 99% of Tyson's points come from either dunks or layups. Most of LeBron's points come from the paint. Ray Allen is the better shooter and don't even start a debate out of it. LeBron did have the higher 3PT% last season but c'mon... that doesn't mean he's the better shooter. Ray Allen is almost 40 years old. LeBron hasn't even turned 30 yet.
:oldlol: this is too funny

magictricked
10-19-2014, 06:49 PM

If you have to explain that to him he's beyond hope

RoundMoundOfReb
10-19-2014, 06:49 PM
JT123 is clearly a troll

wakencdukest
10-19-2014, 07:51 PM
its funny you say stuff like when there are posters here claiming kobe was a better passer than lebron.

The lebron vs magic thing isn't farfetched at all. Many experts have already compared them several times before in terms of passing. Its only here on ISH where people knock him for his passing saying garbage like "He needs the ball everytime" or "Lebron ball makes his teammates worse"

Many "so-called experts" compare any player that's 6-8 and can handle the ball and pass a little to Magic. Their passing abilities are not really comparable.

sdot_thadon
10-19-2014, 08:16 PM
Many "so-called experts" compare any player that's 6-8 and can handle the ball and pass a little to Magic. Their passing abilities are not really comparable.
Right. Lebron is a great passer atg even, but AT LEAST a full tier below Magic.

Cali Syndicate
10-19-2014, 08:29 PM
Like Dubeta and Dragic, he's not really a Lebron fan. He's probably a Kobe fan or just a Lebron hater pretending to be this retarded Lebron fan just to throw a bad light on all Lebron fans. It's pretty obvious. And for those kind of posters short term bans don't achieve anything, permanent ip ban is the only solution. Because their point of existance is to post retarded shit all the time, the more attention their posting receives the more rewarded their existance is.

All three are the same poster, breh.

BigMacAttack
10-19-2014, 09:24 PM
Dubeta(OP) is over on RealGM tryna say Magic would be average compaired to todays superior players.

TheMan
10-19-2014, 10:09 PM
Who was the better passer in your opinion? For me, its close considering lebron had better scoring skills than magic, so logically he wouldn't have to pass as much. Both are freaks in playmaking though.

TheMan
10-19-2014, 10:16 PM

I consider LeBron as being a better rim protector/rebounder and all around defensive player than Bill Russell, I mean, come on, Russell played in the 60s FFS :facepalm

pauk
10-19-2014, 10:47 PM
Look man, Magic in that department (passing skills, NOT assists) is completely alone up there compared to anybody, so good that i think we will NEVER see something better, honestly, the passes he threw were completely out of this world, on many passes he even had turnovers where the ball would just smash of his teammates chests/heads and they were completely ready to get the ball but right at those moments they just refused to believe someone would be able to make that pass....

You could go in a crowd completely surrounded by 5 defenders and Magic would teleport you the ball from even far distance right into your palms... not even looking... :P

Somebody might get close or very close there in the future....

However Maravich, Bird, Kidd & Lebron are the best ive seen after him when you talk about strictly passing skills..... those were close at best according to me....

There is much similarity in Lebron's passing & vision compared to Magic due to his size aswell tho..... there is alot of similar angles he can see over the defense and make similar passes using his passing and get in position to do so thanks to ballhandling..... the crosscourt passes for example over the entire defense and those "snappers" over & through the defense, those sniper accurate lazer beam cannonball speed passes that can take an eye out... with a simple flick of the wrist....

Rake2204
10-19-2014, 10:48 PM
Or who was the bigger player Mugsy vs. Lebron?In addition to being the bigger player, I think we could also argue LeBron James is the smaller player as well because if he were smaller, he would be, so I think he is.

OldSchoolBBall
10-19-2014, 10:57 PM
However Maravich, Bird, Kidd & Lebron are the best ive seen after him when you talk about strictly passing skills..... those were close at best according to me....

Nash imo is in that Magic tier in terms of passing. Definitely better than Kidd and Lebron. Probably Bird too.

Prometheus
10-19-2014, 10:58 PM
What a dumb ass thread.

pauk
10-19-2014, 11:12 PM
Nash imo is in that Magic tier in terms of passing. Definitely better than Kidd and Lebron. Probably Bird too.

I respect your opinion and am fine with anybody thinking so (i can see why), but i just personally dont think so, for me he is just right there behind them alongside J-Williams.... i think he had that court vision obviously, but i just couldnt see that "snap" in his wrists/arms (combined with strength/size to do some of those passes those guys did continuously....... like crosscourt passes, distance cannonballs through the entire defense and ofcourse the outlet passes..... ive not seen Nash "touch pass" either like them (dont even remember him doing just one hm?).... i have not witnessed Nash make/take those ridicilous passes as much as Maravich, Bird, Kidd & Lebron......

There is very many passes they did many times that i never even seen Nash make, but ive seen Maravich, Bird, Kidd & Lebron make anything Nash ever did.... anything... especially Bird, Kidd & now Lebron........ and now we gona talk about Magic? Magic......

Nash's passing skills to me is more like a much more flashy Stockton/CP3/Rondo.... simple fundamental passes such as lobs, handofs, pick n roll pocket passes, he just made it much more flashy (dishing/handing it off behind his back not looking and so on).... just like J-Williams.....

Thats just me! :)

DatAsh
10-19-2014, 11:17 PM
I respect your opinion and am fine with anybody thinking so (i can see why), but i just personally dont think so, for me he is just right there behind them alongside J-Williams.... i think he had that court vision obviously, but i just couldnt see that "snap" in his wrists combined with strength/size to do some of those passes those guys did continuously....... like crosscourt passes, distance cannonballs through the entire defense and ofcourse the outlet passes..... ive not seen Nash "touch pass" either like them (dont even remember him doing just one hm?).... i have not witnessed Nash make/take those ridicilous passes as much as Maravich, Bird, Kidd & Lebron......

There is very many passes they did many times that i never even seen Nash make, but ive seen Maravich, Bird, Kidd & Lebron make anything Nash ever did.... anything... especially Bird, Kidd & now Lebron........ and now we gona talk about Magic? Magic......

Nash's passing skills to me is more like a much more flashy Stockton/CP3/Rondo.... simple fundamental passes such as lobs, handofs, pick n roll pocket passes, he just made it much more flashy.... just like J-Williams.....

Thats just me! :)

Flashy doesn't equal good though. Nash and Stockton are 2 of the best passers ever.

pauk
10-19-2014, 11:21 PM
Flashy doesn't equal good though. Nash and Stockton are 2 of the best passers ever.

They are, indeed.

But imagine being 6'9".... and having those passing skills..... have not only the extra strength/wingspan but also the size which allows you to see the court from a hawk view, literally passing the ball DOWN to your teammates..... this alone would give Nash/Stockton much more passing angles to do those same passes Magic, Bird & Lebron did...... especially Magic, because he exploited that more than Bird or Lebron, i mean he really beat that thing to death, he was guarded by guys around 6'0" on the perimeter, he would just turn his back and literally look OVER you and lazer beam the passes with utmost ease over you..... Magic was like Stockton/Nash if they sat in a mobile tower with sniper rifles....
http://a.espncdn.com/photo/2011/0605/nba_u_magic11_576.jpg

j3lademaster
10-20-2014, 01:10 AM
What makes Lebron great is that he's elite in every aspect of the game for a perimeter player. He's a top 5/ top 10 perimeter scorer, passer, rebounder, etc. However, he comes up a bit shy compared to the true goats of every category.

Kvnzhangyay
10-20-2014, 01:11 AM
Magic by a longshot

Round Mound
10-20-2014, 02:50 AM
Come on Get Real :rolleyes: Lebron is Not even in Bird`s Level as a Passer. Lebron is a Better Player than Magic but Not Close to as Good as a Passer.

pauk
10-20-2014, 03:50 AM
Come on Get Real :rolleyes: Lebron is Not even in Bird`s Level as a Passer. Lebron is a Better Player than Magic but Not Close to as Good as a Passer.

Stop it, dont get to caught up in the nostalgia and miss what is infront of you, Lebron is easily at that level as a passer... that argument is not tough at all, its who was better that is extremly debatable....

SugarHill
10-20-2014, 04:04 AM
Stop it, dont get to caught up in the nostalgia and miss what is infront of you, Lebron is easily at that level as a passer... that argument is not tough at all, its who was better that is extremly debatable....
:roll:

Cold soul
10-20-2014, 04:14 AM
Magic Johnson.

sportjames23
10-20-2014, 05:53 AM
Why evertime pauk talks about Lebron he gotta write a dissertation? :oldlol:

TheMan
10-20-2014, 09:11 AM
LeBron is a great player, no doubt, does everything at a very good/ great level but he sure as hell isn't on Magic's level of playmaker/passing. To say otherwise proves one thing, that you're a kid who didn't watch prime Magic and you don't have a clue as to what the fuq you're talking about.

Just stop, y'all are just embarrassing yourselves and making ISH look like a shit NBA forum.