PDA

View Full Version : Lakers Front Office are tired of Kobe Bryant

JohnMax
10-19-2014, 07:57 PM
In ESPN Magazine, Abbott cites multiple Laker sources claiming that the Buss family are finally done with Kobe and are waiting for him to retire. Claims his ego has rotted the Lakers brand and nobody wants to play with him (also cites multiple agents). Kobe is basically hurting the Lakers ability to rebuild.

http://imgur.com/a/FDqmy

Cocaine80s
10-19-2014, 07:57 PM
in.

BigBoss
10-19-2014, 07:58 PM
cool story bro

ArbitraryWater
10-19-2014, 07:58 PM
Source? Link?

I remember one guy who always posted fake news on here lol... Got exposed after some time.

mehyaM24
10-19-2014, 07:59 PM
ran shaq, phil, dwight, pau all out of town.

lol @ kobe and "leadership" being in the same sentence.

Springsteen
Here is the article in question, brings up a bunch of good points. (http://imgur.com/a/FDqmy)

Might want to edit that into your post.

DonDadda59
Godbe don't give a f*ck. On some Honey Badger shit for real.

outbreak
10-19-2014, 08:03 PM
No shit. They paid him so it's their fault too.

chazzy
10-19-2014, 08:10 PM
Abbott's been on a lifelong witch hunt against Kobe for some reason, Jesus :oldlol:

magictricked
10-19-2014, 08:11 PM
"Abbott cites multiple Laker sources "

Stopped caring right there. The man has made a career out of trying to knock Kobe down

JT123
10-19-2014, 08:12 PM
Water is wet. Everyone knows Kobe is the biggest cancer in the history of sports.

JT123
10-19-2014, 08:13 PM
Abbott's been on a lifelong witch hunt against Kobe for some reason, Jesus :oldlol:
More like he's the only analyst at ESPN who has the balls to tell the truth about Kobe.

juju151111
10-19-2014, 08:21 PM
Anybody can see this.

oh the horror
10-19-2014, 08:29 PM
ran shaq, phil, dwight, pau all out of town.

lol @ kobe and "leadership" being in the same sentence.

Do you feel good knowing you're habitually wrong when you post things?

oh the horror
10-19-2014, 08:30 PM
Water is wet. Everyone knows Kobe is the biggest cancer in the history of sports.

So they offered him a massive contract because?

Explain that one. Because if they're tired of him it doesn't make any sense.

sbw19
10-19-2014, 08:34 PM
"Abbott cites multiple Laker sources "

Stopped caring right there. The man has made a career out of trying to knock Kobe down

Basically. Him and Hollinger. Just couldn't stand Kobe's long and successful career as a Laker.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
10-19-2014, 08:36 PM
Henry Abbott has a major hard on for Kobe. Always has. Creep couldn't take Kobe getting attention via his comeback, so this "article" comes outta the woodwork.

Real Men Wear Green
10-19-2014, 08:40 PM

Agreed. There may be a few individuals in the Laker organization that don't like him but there's no way you give 24 mil per season to someone you can't stand.

chazzy
10-19-2014, 08:44 PM
The two major factors that put the Lakers in this hole is choosing D'Antoni over Phil when they initially got Dwight, and Kobe's achilles injury. It's that simple.
And he's completely off on his Ramon Sessions part - he was in limbo while the Lakers were working out a trade for Dwight, and had already traded for Nash. So the Lakers had Nash and Blake in place and not much money/years for him so he left for $10M

Fawker
10-19-2014, 08:46 PM
I want to hear from other stars if they would ever want to play with Kobe.

andgar923
10-19-2014, 08:52 PM
"some" in the Lakers' organization?

People are debating this?

This shit has been going on for years!!!

There's always been some within the organization that didn't want him around, that couldn't wait until he retired, that felt he was selfish on and off the court etc.etc.

It's not easy to move a player like Kobe. Specially what he means to the Lakers and its fans. But only a handful of players would be suitable to substitute him. As the article points out, they've been trying to prepare for the transition, but circumstances have been out of their control (not necessarily Kobe's fault).

I wouldn't blame the Lakers' entire situation on him. But he does share some blame.

My dos centavos

Yao Ming's Foot
10-19-2014, 09:02 PM
They were talking about this article on ESPN the other day and some guy with the magazine was saying Abbott had handed in an article about how the Lakers were going to amnesty Kobe but had to rewrite it for this garbage because Kobe signed an extension while the editors were looking it over.

:facepalm

Hoopz2332
10-19-2014, 09:15 PM
everyone knew this already:oldlol:

JT123
10-19-2014, 09:17 PM

Money. Laker fans are bandwagoners, and won't go to the games or watch them on TV without Kobe. But just because Kobe makes them money doesn't mean they enjoy having him around.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
10-19-2014, 09:18 PM
Money. Laker fans are bandwagoners, and won't go to the games or watch them on TV without Kobe. But just because Kobe makes them money doesn't mean they enjoy having him around.
The Lakers aren't shelling out that much money for a cancerous, aging superstar they despise. Smarten up.

chazzy
10-19-2014, 09:19 PM
Laker fans are bandwagoners
Call Laker fans whatever you want, but at least we don't follow one man to different franchises like a lap dog

SpecialQue
10-19-2014, 09:25 PM
Kobe's phat contract tells me that enough important people in the Lakers organization like Kobe and want to keep him around. "Multiple Laker sources" makes this sound more like an opinion piece inspired by some random disgruntled employees.

JT123
10-19-2014, 09:33 PM
Call Laker fans whatever you want, but at least we don't follow one man to different franchises like a lap dog
Like only supporting your team when they are good or have an exciting player is so much better. :oldlol:
btw, how many Laker games did you watch last season? Just curious.

Fawker
10-19-2014, 09:34 PM
The organization knew they would suck for a while. The fat contract was severance pay to a company contributor. That's that. Real building starts after he is gone.

chazzy
10-19-2014, 09:36 PM
Like only supporting your team when they are good or have an exciting player is so much better. :oldlol:
btw, how many Laker games did you watch last season? Just curious.
Nearly all of them. Now my turn for a question: Who will you root for after Lebron retires?

Droid101
10-19-2014, 09:44 PM
JT somehow still in the red after negs have been turned off for months.

stalkerforlife
10-19-2014, 09:52 PM
Kobe is bigger than the Lakers. Kobe is bigger than the NBA.

Kobe is the single greatest sports icon in the history of the world after Jordan.

outbreak
10-19-2014, 09:58 PM

Kobe is the single greatest sports icon in the history of the world after Jordan.

I laughed.

Blue&Orange
10-19-2014, 10:00 PM
people engaging on a discussion with JT123 :lol why would you do that?

navy
10-19-2014, 10:02 PM
I can see the mentality. Kobe is part of the problem stopping the rebuild and the retool. Cant rebuild properly? Kobe. Cant get a great cast? Kobe.

Of course, it would probably make more sense to blame themselves for shitty management. But nobody ever does that.

Hoopz2332
10-19-2014, 10:06 PM

:oldlol:

:roll:

Le Shaqtus
10-19-2014, 10:09 PM
Dude's 36, he's an All Time Great but right now all he's doing is talking a big game, but he's not taking the Lakers any where.

JT123
10-19-2014, 10:11 PM
Nearly all of them. Now my turn for a question: Who will you root for after Lebron retires?
Whatever player I enjoy watching the most. :confusedshrug:
Westbrook is my second favorite player to watch right now, but I can't really root for him until he parts ways with that fake humble guy Durant.

TheMarkMadsen
10-19-2014, 10:12 PM
The writer is prolly mad because Kobe called Espn a bunch of idiots the other day

Le Shaqtus
10-19-2014, 10:15 PM

It's really not surprising

I<3NBA
10-20-2014, 03:10 AM
so they paid him and then they hate him? what a bunch of idiots

Genaro
10-20-2014, 03:20 AM
This reminds me of that journalist on The Wire who made up stories.
"multiple Laker sources"? Get out of here. Total bullshit. If the Lakers were unhappy with Kobe there would be no point in giving him the biggest salary on the league.

retaxis
10-20-2014, 03:21 AM
so they paid him and then they hate him? what a bunch of idiots
They paid him, saw him in pre season and last season and thought...crap..

FlashDwyaneWade3
10-20-2014, 04:10 AM
I realize that all of Henry Abbot's Kobe articles are only to bash him.

FlashDwyaneWade3
10-20-2014, 04:11 AM
Whatever player I enjoy watching the most. :confusedshrug:
Westbrook is my second favorite player to watch right now, but I can't really root for him until he parts ways with that fake humble guy Durant.
You're a bandwagoner.

Nash
10-20-2014, 05:10 AM
This reminds me of that journalist on The Wire who made up stories.
"multiple Laker sources"? Get out of here. Total bullshit. If the Lakers were unhappy with Kobe there would be no point in giving him the biggest salary on the league.
yes there is, it is a clear business decision. Even though they hate him or love him, having Kobe around when the Lakers suck is good for business. It brings the revenues in.

T_L_P
10-20-2014, 05:11 AM
The Lakers aren't even a basketball team anymore; they're a sideshow. And that has more to do with the Buss family than it does Kobe.

I<3NBA
10-20-2014, 05:14 AM
They paid him, saw him in pre season and last season and thought...crap..
when they gave him a new contract, he was already injured. and it wasn't just a minor injury. and that was just before the summer where free agents who were young and more promising were on the market.

Genaro
10-20-2014, 05:22 AM
yes there is, it is a clear business decision. Even though they hate him or love him, having Kobe around when the Lakers suck is good for business. It brings the revenues in.
So if they only care about the money, why are they mad at not being able to rebuild?
Makes no sense.

sportjames23
10-20-2014, 05:36 AM

:lol :lol :lol

Mr Feeny
10-20-2014, 05:49 AM
So if they only care about the money, why are they mad at not being able to rebuild?
Makes no sense.

Maybe they were hoping he'd willingly take less like Duncan did for the Spurs? Look where Duncan is right about now (on top of the world) compared to Kobe 's situation:(

WallIn
10-20-2014, 05:51 AM
Yes, that's why he has been given a 2-year 48M contract :oldlol:

chazzy
10-20-2014, 05:57 AM
Maybe they were hoping he'd willingly take less like Duncan did for the Spurs? Look where Duncan is right about now (on top of the world) compared to Kobe 's situation:(
The situations couldn't be any different. One took a paycut to continue success with the players he already has, the other is expected to give up millions for the slim chance of signing someone worthwhile.

ImKobe
10-20-2014, 06:00 AM

And who would the Lakers have signed if Kobe took 10 mil less? What kind of difference would that have made? At best, we'd have gotten Ariza or Bledsoe..And since all of you say that no one wants to play with Kobe anyways, what's the point of taking a paycut then? :rolleyes:

FO is paying for their own mistakes...signing Nash to that deal, giving up those picks..letting Pau walk...signing Hill & Young to big deals...didn't go after Thomas when he said he'd like to play here..didn't keep Meeks

Spurs have an elite FO and a GOAT-tier coach and they mainly build with their draft picks (elite scouting).... What do the Lakers have to offer? Team was gonna be medicore regardless. Only hope is that Kobe plays like it's 2013 and we sneak into the Playoffs like we did then and maybe upset someone with KB going off and players hitting 3s..

Kobe did what anyone else in his position would do - take the money. He was still coming off injury and hadn't played a legit NBA game, could have waited the season out and offered him the money then, instead they take the risk and if he goes down again, it's their fault.

Mr Feeny
10-20-2014, 06:42 AM
And who would the Lakers have signed if Kobe took 10 mil less? What kind of difference would that have made? At best, we'd have gotten Ariza or Bledsoe..And since all of you say that no one wants to play with Kobe anyways, what's the point of taking a paycut then? :rolleyes:

FO is paying for their own mistakes...signing Nash to that deal, giving up those picks..letting Pau walk...signing Hill & Young to big deals...didn't go after Thomas when he said he'd like to play here..didn't keep Meeks

Spurs have an elite FO and a GOAT-tier coach and they mainly build with their draft picks (elite scouting).... What do the Lakers have to offer? Team was gonna be medicore regardless. Only hope is that Kobe plays like it's 2013 and we sneak into the Playoffs like we did then and maybe upset someone with KB going off and players hitting 3s..

Kobe did what anyone else in his position would do - take the money. He was still coming off injury and hadn't played a legit NBA game, could have waited the season out and offered him the money then, instead they take the risk and if he goes down again, it's their fault.

You could write ten paragraphs and it wouldn't change the fact that Kobe preferred to cripple his franchise and have a handsome payday rather than compete for a title. Shows us where his priorities lie and that's his prerogative. And it's also the reason why (as has been previously reported on multiple occasions) nobody wants to play with him.

Enjoy the lottery:cheers:

indiefan24
10-20-2014, 07:41 AM
:blah

As expected, a pretty shitty response. :oldlol:

DukeDelonte13
10-20-2014, 07:54 AM
Yes, that's why he has been given a 2-year 48M contract :oldlol:

I wonder how many GM's in the league would have given Kobe a contract worth half of that.

Kblaze8855
10-20-2014, 08:24 AM
Anyone asking why they paid him read the last three pages?

I know its hard...being a giant image and all...but they go into great detail on who made the call and what the basketball people thought of it.

It was actually a solid article. Now...if dude who wrote it has a history of hating Kobe maybe that tarnishes it. But it was interesting enough to read.

The agent and other team quotes especially.

Artillery
10-20-2014, 09:29 AM
Typically, aging stars that have been with the same team for a very long time have a very good relationship with their front office. The players and GMs both see eye to eye when it comes to taking less money in order to build a competitive team. We've seen it happen with Duncan and the Spurs. Also with Dirk and the Mavs. Lots of examples. For some reason, Kobe doesn't seem to get along with anybody...even his own front office. Kobe's a renowned narcissist but even this is ridiculous. I know for a fact that TD and Dirk are VERY involved with every move their front office makes. Kobe doesn't seem to give a f.ukk.

The one thing I get out of all of this is that Kobe's not a winner. He's refused to adapt his game in order to serve his squad better. 2013 Lakers are a good example - trainwreck of a season. Kobe got his numbers but his on-court impact did not match his box score numbers. The team suffered for it as a result. His inability to integrate Dwight into the Lakers offense ended up imploding the team in less than a year.

I don't mind people saying Kobe's an explosive scorer or a warrior. Just don't tell me he'll do whatever it takes to win. He hasn't. Kobe signed that bloated contract knowing full well it would cripple the Lakers. He's pretty much resigned himself to being someone that puts up empty stats on a lottery team. He's chasing scoring records now. Very Wilt-like. Sure sign of a loser to me.

Elosha
10-20-2014, 09:36 AM
Pretty damning indictment of both Kobe and Lakers' management.

Yao Ming's Foot
10-20-2014, 09:42 AM

The Lakers front office was hoping Kobe would counter a max offer with a huge paycut. Are you for real?

Yao Ming's Foot
10-20-2014, 09:44 AM
Typically, aging stars that have been with the same team for a very long time have a very good relationship with their front office. The players and GMs both see eye to eye when it comes to taking less money in order to build a competitive team. We've seen it happen with Duncan and the Spurs. Also with Dirk and the Mavs. Lots of examples. For some reason, Kobe doesn't seem to get along with anybody...even his own front office. Kobe's a renowned narcissist but even this is ridiculous. I know for a fact that TD and Dirk are VERY involved with every move their front office makes. Kobe doesn't seem to give a f.ukk.

The one thing I get out of all of this is that Kobe's not a winner. He's refused to adapt his game in order to serve his squad better. 2013 Lakers are a good example - trainwreck of a season. Kobe got his numbers but his on-court impact did not match his box score numbers. The team suffered for it as a result. His inability to integrate Dwight into the Lakers offense ended up imploding the team in less than a year.

I don't mind people saying Kobe's an explosive scorer or a warrior. Just don't tell me he'll do whatever it takes to win. He hasn't. Kobe signed that bloated contract knowing full well it would cripple the Lakers. He's pretty much resigned himself to being someone that puts up empty stats on a lottery team. He's chasing scoring records now. Very Wilt-like. Sure sign of a loser to me.

5 time champion

"not a winner"

Artillery
10-20-2014, 09:54 AM
5 time champion

"not a winner"

The majority of which are sidekick rings.

Yao Ming's Foot
10-20-2014, 09:59 AM
The majority of which are sidekick rings.

Would you say he "adapted his game in order to serve his squad better" to play a sidekick role enroute to those titles?

ArbitraryWater
10-20-2014, 09:59 AM
Fantastic article by the way...

More like he's the only analyst at ESPN who has the balls to tell the truth about Kobe.

Seriously.

Artillery
10-20-2014, 10:03 AM
Would you say he "adapted his game in order to serve his squad better" to play a sidekick role enroute to those titles?

Phil kept him in line most likely. Not that surprising that the Lakers quickly fell apart after his departure in 2004 and 2011. You take Phil and the triangle away and Kobe becomes a selfish scorer that disrupts team chemistry. Definitely a system player.

Yao Ming's Foot
10-20-2014, 10:11 AM
Phil kept him in line most likely. Not that surprising that the Lakers quickly fell apart after his departure in 2004 and 2011. You take Phil and the triangle away and Kobe becomes a selfish scorer that disrupts team chemistry. Definitely a system player.

So Phil Jackson is a winner for getting Kobe Bryant to adapt his game and win multiple titles but Kobe Bryant is not because Phil Jackson was his coach when he did so?

Yao Ming's Foot
10-20-2014, 10:14 AM
Henry Abbot ran across an a Kobe Bryant all time dunks youtube clip and the only thing that came to mind to write about it was that Kwame Brown was open and Kobe should have passed it to him.

100% srs

http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/post/_/id/6966/kobe-bryant-s-best-all-time-dunks

HurricaneKid
10-20-2014, 10:20 AM
I wonder how many GM's in the league would have given Kobe a contract worth half of that.

I think thats the point. A GM DIDN'T give him that contract. When the GM goes out of his way to say a deal wasn't his, what he is really saying is that he deosn't approve and he will not accept the repurcussions of it.

I do think a great many owners would have given Kobe that deal...

dynasty1978
10-20-2014, 10:23 AM
If they were tired of Kobe, this past summer would've been the time to bail. Low-ball the offer to a point where Kobe laughs in their face and moves on as a UFA.

In short: the article is bogus or the source is a Laker org bottom feeder. Unless it's from Stein or Stephen A. (despite what I think of him), ESPN's sources are pitiful.

ballinhun8
10-20-2014, 10:31 AM
I subscribe to ESPN The Magazine and read this article.

Thought it was a little serious and hard because they went after Kobe like that I didn't even realize it was written by that moron Abbott. If I had caught that earlier I would've never wasted my time reading it.

He and Hollinger are the worst to ever have any kind of job with ESPN.

DukeDelonte13
10-20-2014, 10:32 AM
I think thats the point. A GM DIDN'T give him that contract. When the GM goes out of his way to say a deal wasn't his, what he is really saying is that he deosn't approve and he will not accept the repurcussions of it.

I do think a great many owners would have given Kobe that deal...

I don't. This version of Kobe isn't selling tickets.

ArbitraryWater
10-20-2014, 10:33 AM
Kobe is so above critizism to y'all its a joke :oldlol:

HurricaneKid
10-20-2014, 10:41 AM
I don't. This version of Kobe isn't selling tickets.

If Buss pushes Kobe out the door it gives an excuse for the rest of the city to bail on the Lakers and go watch Lob City.

And Hillbilly Buss isn't exactly swimming in good will. Its not like he has the equity built up to challenge Kobe.

BTW, the Lakers, despite having a brutal team, have >20 nationally televised games. Plenty of people are watching. That number goes down a great deal if they are left with... Boozer? I mean really??

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
10-20-2014, 10:46 AM
Kobe is so above critizism to y'all its a joke :oldlol:

How is he above criticism, though? Look who wrote the article.

hawkfan
10-20-2014, 10:49 AM
If the Lakers don't make the playoffs, they might just go into full rebuild mode next year. They'll have tons of cap space - Nash, Boozer, Lin are expirers, with Hill being a team option.

Kblaze8855
10-20-2014, 10:50 AM
Unless you suspect dude of straight up fabricating quotes of agents and team sources....

Does it matter who wrote it?

Im not so much interested in the writers opinions as the quotes.

We assuming hes low enough to just make it all up?

His part may be biased....which is a factor. But without the quotes and opinions offered from league sources its not even a story.

DukeDelonte13
10-20-2014, 10:53 AM
If Buss pushes Kobe out the door it gives an excuse for the rest of the city to bail on the Lakers and go watch Lob City.

And Hillbilly Buss isn't exactly swimming in good will. Its not like he has the equity built up to challenge Kobe.

BTW, the Lakers, despite having a brutal team, have >20 nationally televised games. Plenty of people are watching. That number goes down a great deal if they are left with... Boozer? I mean really??

Kobe's only value is to the Lakers and the Lakers alone. Like i said, no other franchise would throw out any cap hampering money towards him. I'm not saying Buss should have forced Kobe into retirement, all i'm saying is the Buss family really enabled Kobe to get super greedy and went beyond overpaying the guy. They should have come to some sort of behind the scenes arrangement that wouldn't have hurt the Lakers ability to add talent. (Who knows if they did it anyways)

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
10-20-2014, 10:55 AM
Unless you suspect dude of straight up fabricating quotes of agents and team sources....

His part may be biased....which is a factor. But without the quotes and opinions offered from league sources its not even a story.

"Laker sources"? "Agents"? Which ones? As somebody already mentioned, these "sources" could be bottom fish that aren't even prominent in the business (w/ Abbot's history, I would not doubt it for a second).

I dont want to read a painfully biased article from a serial Kobe hater - a passive aggressive one at that.

Kblaze8855
10-20-2014, 10:59 AM
Which ones?

When...in the history of sports reporting...do the writers burn their sources on something like this?

You know you wouldnt find out who it was no matter who wrote it.

Again...it comes down to assumign hes just flat out making it all up.

I dont think thats likely. too many people with their reputation on the line.

I know reporters lie...but this would be an awfully brazen string of them all at once.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
10-20-2014, 11:06 AM
"Laker video director, Mike Hunt, is displeased with the direction LAL is heading. "To hell with Kobe!!" he says.

But seriously, I'm glad that you enjoy vague, cheap articles. :cheers:

SOD 21
10-20-2014, 11:10 AM
Kobe Bryant was drafted by the Los Angeles Lakers in 1996 when Andrew Wiggins and Jabari Parker were only one year old and now Kobe is entering is 19th NBA season. What is the relevancy of that?

The point is, how can the Lakers and the front office or ownership be tired of Kobe Bryant when they've known exactly who he is as a person with him spending over half of his life with his same franchise? It has only taken them until his 19th season to figure this out?

All you can say is that his talent is no longer at an elite level that makes him worth the headache anymore, but they should have known that before signing him to that huge two year contract. The Lakers ownership, front office and roster is a complete mess.

Rooster
10-20-2014, 11:21 AM
Kobe has been playing for like what 18 years, helped and led the Lakers to 5 championships and most of his teammates have their best years playing with Kobe. The writer has been eating crows as a Kobe hater so just like every hater out there, this the best time to put down Kobe and his last legs. That's how loser works.

Kblaze8855
10-20-2014, 11:24 AM
"Laker video director, Mike Hunt, is displeased with the direction LAL is heading. "To hell with Kobe!!" he says.

If you dont want to know what actual agents, people in the office, and league execs think of interesting situations/significant people thats fine.

It shouldnt be hard to see how other people would want to know.

As I said....unless he made it all up there are a number of interesting opinions.

I read people on ISH talk shit all day without knowing anything.

I shouldnt want the opinion of someone actually representing NBA players and dealing with GMs on a daily basis?

Rooster
10-20-2014, 11:25 AM
Henry Abbot ran across an a Kobe Bryant all time dunks youtube clip and the only thing that came to mind to write about it was that Kwame Brown was open and Kobe should have passed it to him.

100% srs

http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/post/_/id/6966/kobe-bryant-s-best-all-time-dunks

So Kwame can make his million dollar moves and a nickel finish. I rather had Kobe take a shot then Kwame trying to be cute inside.:oldlol:

Rooster
10-20-2014, 11:39 AM

And so was Jordan going by your logic.

It's funny Kobe have his best scoring with Phil as the coach.:oldlol:

HurricaneKid
10-20-2014, 11:44 AM

So you think a video coordinator who works 125+ hours a week making less than minimum wage in hopes that he can become the next Eric Spoelstra is going to speak out against the LA Lakers? Thats your argument??

And do you think he was in some of the meetings that were discussed in the article?

I do think some of it is overstated; I had thought Nash and Kobe got along well. But its not like anyone with any sense can't see exactly what is being discussed. Kobe does what Kobe wants and no one has the power to hold him accountable. Its literally evident on the court.

HOoopCityJones
10-20-2014, 11:51 AM
How come this isn't on ESPN's main page?

AlphaWolf24
10-20-2014, 12:13 PM
Just think 14 years ago ESPN called Kobe Bryant " The leagues best player ".....( that's the year 2001 :eek: )

http://images4.fanpop.com/image/user_images/2173000/AlphaWolf-2173769_596_800.jpg

You either die the hero or live long enough to see yourself become the villain...

Kobe's been ballin for 19 seasons.....( about 4 generations in BBALL terms) he's done this dance twice now:lol

andgar923
10-20-2014, 12:18 PM
Just because 'some' in the front office are tired of Kobe, it doesn't mean that 'all' of them are.

It doesn't mean that the ones making the final call are the ones.

There's coworkers that I don't feel should be with us, and Im part of management. Matter of fact, there's a number of workers that loathe some of these people and the other managers can't stand either.

But our boss makes the call, so they stay.

We just have to suck it up and be professional about it.

We can't display our true feelings about some of these people, so if we're asked or people complain about them to us, we have to be ambivalent about them and try to appease those complaints. But they would never know how much we hate these people.

Same here.

There may be 'some' within the organization that can't wait for Kobe to retire. Some may have wanted him gone years ago. But a call has to be made and decisions have to be weighed. It's not that simple to trade the biggest draw in the NBA. How do you replace him? Only 2 people can fit that role, one is in Cleveland and the other owns the Hornets.

YouGotServed
10-20-2014, 12:22 PM
lol

Poor Laker fans.

Kblaze8855
10-20-2014, 12:23 PM
It often feels like people think ESPN...is one guy sitting somewhere deciding what he thinks then putting it out.

Espn is hundreds of people.

They dont all think the same thing. How could they?

ESPN doesnt call someone anything. Some individual working there does.

If you asked a different one.....he would say something different.

JT123
10-20-2014, 12:33 PM
It often feels like people think ESPN...is one guy sitting somewhere deciding what he thinks then putting it out.

Espn is hundreds of people.

They dont all think the same thing. How could they?

ESPN doesnt call someone anything. Some individual working there does.

If you asked a different one.....he would say something different.
:applause: Exactly. These Kobe fans trying to act like the entire ESPN network has a vendetta against Kobe is just foolishness. Guys like Skip Bayless and Stephen A Smith are the only reason Kobe was given his "clutch" reputation.

gts
10-20-2014, 12:35 PM
How come this isn't on ESPN's main page?

Because it's just another one of Henry Abbot's I hate Kobe Bryant articles.

Once a year this guy writes a hit piece on Kobe. Has since he was a Portland beat writer and the Lakers were knocking the Blazers around.

ballinhun8
10-20-2014, 01:03 PM
Seriously.

Abbott is just a Kobe "hater". He writes nonsensical articles with no real proof. Anyone can have " sources" and throw out crap and hope it sticks like Abbott.

And to the girl saying Kobe was given hi clutch reputation by those guys. Well they're stupid. Many people thought Kobe was that before those two were even given air time. Showing your true age there Missy.

HOoopCityJones
10-20-2014, 01:13 PM
Because it's just another one of Henry Abbot's I hate Kobe Bryant articles.

Once a year this guy writes a hit piece on Kobe. Has since he was a Portland beat writer and the Lakers were knocking the Blazers around.

LOL , yea I know this was an Abbot piece. It's funny how 7 years ago when they (Hollinger and Abbot) were pushing their "Kobe sucks , Lebron is the best in the league" agenda , Kobe was constantly in the playoffs , either losing a Final or winning a championship while Lebron was choking on hard **** in Cleveland. ****ing Hollinger created PER strictly to detract Kobe's impact on games for Christ sake, and who looks GOAT in that stat measurement? Lebron

Their agenda gets traction only after Kobe is declining , it's kinda cheap when you think about it. "Look we were right, Kobe sucks now! HAHAHA!"

It's interesting, Hollinger's hating got him a FO job with the Grizzles , who haven't really been the same since he took over. While Abbot is still trolling Kobe.

AlphaWolf24
10-20-2014, 01:14 PM
( reads article)

recap,

- Starts off about the 2010 season and the bright future and History of the Lakers org...

- then jumps to 1996 when Kobe gets drafted/strong arms his way to L.A.:rolleyes: ....(sets up the framework that Kobe is selfish and no stars want to play with him....blames Dr.Buss for paying Kobe outta loyalty)

- sources = Ramon Sessions and his agent....

and ....

wait for it......

wait for it.....

Andrew Bynum.

They didn't want to play with Kobe.....say's Kobe is selfish or something like that.:confusedshrug: :lol :facepalm

- Claims Anthony , Lebron , PG24 etc....didn't go to LA because of Kobe:rolleyes:

- finishes with everything Kobe has done is coming back to bite him...as no stars want to join L.A.......in fact they never wanted to join L.A....with Kobe in town.

- best part...Kobe didn't call Nash to welcome him to L.A. / let Nash know he would let him run the PG position.....He made Nash call him(Kobe) and thank him for letting him play on the Lakers:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :facepalm

just think.....if Kobe was a nice guy and danced around with teammates or played limited minutes like Timmy....he could have been on stacked teams and won 10 titles by now....

Artillery
10-20-2014, 01:31 PM
just think.....if Kobe was a nice guy and danced around with teammates or played limited minutes like Timmy....he could have been on stacked teams and won 10 titles by now....

Kobe was on stacked teams(more than any other player in the league). Problem is he imploded all of them :oldlol:

HOoopCityJones
10-20-2014, 01:40 PM
Kobe was on stacked teams(more than any other player in the league). Problem is he imploded all of them :oldlol:

Kobe's two most stacked Teams ended in disaster, one at least ended in a Finals loss. Aside from that , all of his championships were won on Teams that were only 2 deep.

You're getting him confused with that other guy. :oldlol:

AlphaWolf24
10-20-2014, 02:25 PM

Not according to the article....

- No one wants to play with evil selfish Kobe....so how has he ever had "stacked teams"????...the only true allstar in their primes were Shaq and Pau....:confusedshrug: compared to Magic, Bird,Lebron,Jordans(2nd 3peat team) those arent stacked teams.....when 32 year old Glen Rice and Derek Fisher is your 3rd option...those are not necessarily stacked teams.

- Yes Kobe imploded every team he's been on.....He should have been in every Finals since 1996 and won every Title....only 7 NBA Finals and 5 Titles in a 10 year span proves he destroys teams.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
10-20-2014, 02:31 PM
If you dont want to know what actual agents, people in the office, and league execs think of interesting situations/significant people thats fine.

It shouldnt be hard to see how other people would want to know.

Lets not kid ourselves here. When people see "sources" - they want to know who they are, and what their affinity is with said topic.

As I said....unless he made it all up there are a number of interesting opinions.

I have no issue with you liking poorly written articles. :confusedshrug:

I read people on ISH talk shit all day without knowing anything.
To each his own I suppose. I'm not one to dabble w/ ignorance.

I shouldnt want the opinion of someone actually representing NBA players and dealing with GMs on a daily basis?

Can't speak for everybody, but I know I'm not going to waste time in reading a 4 page article by an obsessed cynic.

Reading an Abbott article is like reading a Knoe post. It's counter productive.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
10-20-2014, 02:37 PM
And just so we're clear, this is ONLY in reference to Kobe (though that should go without saying).

FlashDwyaneWade3
10-20-2014, 02:42 PM
:applause: Exactly. These Kobe fans trying to act like the entire ESPN network has a vendetta against Kobe is just foolishness. Guys like Skip Bayless and Stephen A Smith are the only reason Kobe was given his "clutch" reputation.
More to do with Henry Abbot than ESPN.

AlphaWolf24
10-20-2014, 02:43 PM
- can someone explain to me what it means to destroy a team?....implode a team?.....Basketball wise.

- my opinion of destroying a team:

Not willing to sacrifice your time and body to become a better player.( Put in time to become a better basketball player/helping your teammates)

Not willing to dedicate time for your physical health/well being ( In other words stay in the best shape you can be in...all year long)

Not willing to compete at the highest level in Practices or Games ( In other words not caring about winning/losing)

Lazy,selfish....ignorant players do not do the above......great players do.

- after all...it's not like Kobe left a back to back 63 win team with the best record in the NBA and HCA .....to join 2 other top 10 superstars all in their prime....that is the definition of destroying/imploding a team:lol

Smoke117
10-20-2014, 02:50 PM
Keep this thread alive forever...it keeps all the moronic kobe stans in one place.

FlashDwyaneWade3
10-20-2014, 02:54 PM
Keep this thread alive forever...it keeps all the moronic kobe stans in one place.
No it doesn't.

KobeClutchAsFK
10-20-2014, 02:59 PM
Lakers tired of the man who keeps their stadium full and keeps the money rolling in. Likely story.

AlphaWolf24
10-20-2014, 03:01 PM
http://www.quickmeme.com/img/85/85c3eab103036c16fb391099b2ce3b4f8830c71c441029e52d dbc705de6000fd.jpg

I repeat.....Andrew Bynum......and Sessions.....

Optimus Prime
10-20-2014, 03:24 PM
That was one the worst articles I have ever read, and that is really saying something.

Henry Abbot is a known LeBron fanboi, and like most of them, he has some major insecurity issues about Kobe Bryant and his success. He's always written negatively about Kobe, and he always picked against the Lakers in their playoff picks columns.

Furthermore, this joke of an article makes a Chris Broussard scoop seem like the pinnacle of professionalism. "One source close to the Lakers", "a rival executive", "an agent", "some guy who went to a Lakers game once". It is bad comedy. It is purely a response to Kobe calling ESPN what they really are: a bunch of idiots.

The real downfall of the Lakers has little to do with Kobe Bryant. It is mostly because of two people: Jimmy Buss and David Stern. That Chris Paul veto was terrible and one of the most outrageous things to ever happen in professional sports history. With Chris Paul, Dwight Howard would have stayed around and we would have never made the awful Steve Nash deal.

Jimmy Buss' incompetence is well-known, but the fact that he chose D'Antoni over Phil Jackson just because he has some grudge against Phil for dating his sister is laughable. Phil is the best coach in sports history and would have had this team be competitive, if not champions. Especially with Chris Paul and Dwight Howard on the roster.

However, it wasn't to be for whatever reason. So here we are. The Lakers are in dire straits, ESPN is mad at Kobe, and revisionist history is fun, so let's churn out some grade-school blog rant with no credible sources blaming Kobe Bryant for everything that's wrong with the Lakers since 1996.

This is what "journalism" has degenerated into.

:kobe:

KingLeBronJames
10-20-2014, 03:58 PM
http://cdn.fansided.com/wp-content/blogs.dir/27/files/2014/07/broussard.jpg

kentatm
10-20-2014, 03:58 PM
pretty clear who all here hasn't read one bit of the article.

"But why did they sign him for all that cash?"

uhh, its in the damn article you lazy asses.

KingLeBronJames
10-20-2014, 04:13 PM
So, Henry Abbot is a Blazers fan. That explains all the Kobe hate articles he made.

sammichoffate
10-20-2014, 04:15 PM
That was one the worst articles I have ever read, and that is really saying something.

Henry Abbot is a known LeBron fanboi, and like most of them, he has some major insecurity issues about Kobe Bryant and his success. He's always written negatively about Kobe, and he always picked against the Lakers in their playoff picks columns.

Furthermore, this joke of an article makes a Chris Broussard scoop seem like the pinnacle of professionalism. "One source close to the Lakers", "a rival executive", "an agent", "some guy who went to a Lakers game once". It is bad comedy. It is purely a response to Kobe calling ESPN what they really are: a bunch of idiots.

The real downfall of the Lakers has little to do with Kobe Bryant. It is mostly because of two people: Jimmy Buss and David Stern. That Chris Paul veto was terrible and one of the most outrageous things to ever happen in professional sports history. With Chris Paul, Dwight Howard would have stayed around and we would have never made the awful Steve Nash deal.

Jimmy Buss' incompetence is well-known, but the fact that he chose D'Antoni over Phil Jackson just because he has some grudge against Phil for dating his sister is laughable. Phil is the best coach in sports history and would have had this team be competitive, if not champions. Especially with Chris Paul and Dwight Howard on the roster.

However, it wasn't to be for whatever reason. So here we are. The Lakers are in dire straits, ESPN is mad at Kobe, and revisionist history is fun, so let's churn out some grade-school blog rant with no credible sources blaming Kobe Bryant for everything that's wrong with the Lakers since 1996.

:kobe::cheers:

ArbitraryWater
10-20-2014, 04:18 PM
How is he above criticism, though? Look who wrote the article.

"to y'all" Look at the reactions...

Hollinger is the only one with balls to make these articles. He isn't making the quotes himself, either.

HOoopCityJones
10-20-2014, 04:32 PM
How can anyone even entertain this as legit? Kobe is arguably the greatest Laker of all time. He's helped bring 5 championships to the organization and has carried the Team on his back for over ten years.

HOoopCityJones
10-20-2014, 04:38 PM
PG doesn't agree

https://twitter.com/Yg_Trece

Mr Feeny
10-20-2014, 04:56 PM
How can anyone even entertain this as legit? Kobe is arguably the greatest Laker of all time. He's helped bring 5 championships to the organization and has carried the Team on his back for over ten years.

Errr....okkayyyy

triangleoffense
10-20-2014, 05:01 PM
http://cdn.fansided.com/wp-content/blogs.dir/27/files/2014/07/broussard.jpg
ESPN has become the TMZ gossip wire.

Also suspicious that this comes out right before the regular season is about to begin?

Doranku
10-20-2014, 05:35 PM

:kobe:

Shut it down fellas, this thread is over.

Doranku
10-20-2014, 05:54 PM
PG doesn't agree

https://twitter.com/Yg_Trece

Yet, in the article, Abbott claims that "sources" said PG didn't want to play in LA because of Kobe.

This article is not only absurd, it's libel. If he's making up the PG thing, who's to say he isn't fabricating all of the quotes in the article?

DetroitPistonFan
10-20-2014, 06:28 PM
Henry Abbot: Ramon Sessions didn't wanna re-sign with the Lakers cause of Kobe.

Ramon Sessions in the summer of 2012: Lakers didn't call me.

Abbot is an idiot.

LakersFan626
10-20-2014, 06:28 PM

Michael Vick was a DOG FIGHTER, OJ Simpson actually WAS a murderer, etc. and the likes of Marbury, Eddy Curry and Jerome James were REALLY cancers to their team, by clashing with coaches and/or not even trying after getting their huge paychecks.

Try harder.

DavisWarriorsFan
10-20-2014, 06:31 PM
How come LA Times isn't reporting this?

JellyBean
10-20-2014, 06:34 PM
Yawn

MaxFly
10-20-2014, 06:35 PM

You know, Blaze, I'm very hesitant to accuse Abbott of making up quotes... I'd rather believe that journalists simply don't do that in this day and age where things can be quickly called into question. But... reading this from a balanced perspective, while the article makes some great points, the bent is quite suspicious... and it doesn't help given the reputation of the writer.

This is an individual who criticized a few dunks in a Bryant dunk compilation video because he chose to dunk the basketball at the rim instead of passing the ball. He identifies three times where Bryant should have passed instead of trying to get the dunk at the rim and/or draw the foul.

Already Paul George has responded on twitter. https://twitter.com/Yg_Trece
(https://twitter.com/Yg_Trece)

Abbott may not have made up quotes, but given his history when it comes to Bryant, I'm not sure I wouldn't put it past him to take quotes out of context or dig for quotes that fit the context of the kind of article he was looking to write. At the very least, knowing his history, I think most sensible people would find it hard to believe that he set out to write a balanced piece and this article was the result.

JT123
10-20-2014, 06:36 PM
Henry Abbot: Ramon Sessions didn't wanna re-sign with the Lakers cause of Kobe.

Ramon Sessions in the summer of 2012: Lakers didn't call me.

Abbot is an idiot.
:facepalm Sessions opted out of his contract! If he wanted to stay with the Lakers and keep playing with Kobe he wouldn't have opted out.

NoGunzJustSkillz
10-20-2014, 06:38 PM
Did they mention the Chris Paul trade in that article? Doesn't even get written if that trade goes through.

ArbitraryWater
10-20-2014, 06:39 PM
You know, Blaze, I'm very hesitant to accuse Abbott of making up quotes... I'd rather believe that journalists simply don't do that in this day and age where things can be quickly called into question. But... reading this from a balanced perspective, while the article makes some great points, the bent is quite suspicious... and it doesn't help given the reputation of the writer.

This is an individual who criticized a few dunks in a Bryant dunk compilation video because he chose to dunk the basketball at the rim instead of passing the ball. He identifies three times where Bryant should have passed instead of trying to get the dunk at the rim and/or draw the foul.

Abbott may not have made up quotes, but given his history when it comes to Bryant, I'm not sure I wouldn't put it past him to take quotes out of context or dig for quotes that fit the context of the kind of article he was looking to write. At the very least, knowing his history, I think most sensible people would find it hard to believe that he set out to write a balanced piece and this article was the result.

MaxFly? :eek:

NoGunzJustSkillz
10-20-2014, 06:40 PM
:facepalm Sessions opted out of his contract! If he wanted to stay with the Lakers and keep playing with Kobe he wouldn't have opted out.

"I think about it at times," Sessions said Saturday before his current team lost to the Lakers, 88-85. "It's one of those things that when I opted out, I wasn't expecting to leave. I was expecting to work something out. But you know how the NBA business is.

"A few weeks later, they end up signing Steve Nash. He was a great player, a Hall of Fame player. That's what they wanted."

get lost..

Doranku
10-20-2014, 06:43 PM
get lost..

Wow, another blatant lie in this article! This is absolutely ridiculous. Dude should be fired and sued. How is this not libel?

DavisWarriorsFan
10-20-2014, 06:50 PM
get lost..
Buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurn.

JT123
10-20-2014, 06:53 PM
get lost..
:( You got me, I can take the L like a man.

HOoopCityJones
10-20-2014, 06:53 PM
This is an obvious smear job.

Ai2death
10-20-2014, 06:55 PM
If this was the case, they wouldn't of offered him the huge contract that they just did.

Simple.

chazzy
10-20-2014, 07:04 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if one of these days, Abbott publishes an article that simply says "F*ck Kobe. drops mic"

IGOTGAME
10-20-2014, 07:29 PM

good post. was thinking the same thing.

AlphaWolf24
10-20-2014, 07:42 PM
come on guy's....we know what he's (Abbott) is doing.( true or false about LA's front office)

The Writer knows making a trolling article with Kobe's name in it will get hits...

Abbott is welcome here on ISH anytime....

well played Abbott....well played.....:cheers:

dreamwarrior
10-20-2014, 08:07 PM
I remember the Sessions thing quite well because I was hoping he'd solidify that position for a few years. I remember the Lakers publicly stating really wanting Sessions to stick with them badly, but he's the one who opted out after the end of season and he didn't really seem like he wanted to stay in L.A. If the Lakers wanted Nash why wouldn't they at least keep Sessions as a backup PG when they had nobody to back up Nash? Plus Kobe's been a @#@# his entire career in L.A. So only after they gave him a ridiculously gigantic contract while he was injured did it dawn on them that they just couldn't put up with him for another 2 years? If they were so tired of him they'd have let him go after the injury.

HOoopCityJones
10-20-2014, 08:11 PM
"Since the 2004-05 season, Bryant has led the NBA with 21.7 shots per game -- a full 1.7 more than LeBron James."

Kobe is a terrible teammate if this is true, I mean 1.7? Jesus Christ.

KyleKong
10-20-2014, 08:24 PM
I thought this was already known after Shaq was traded in 2004

KyleKong
10-20-2014, 08:24 PM
"Since the 2004-05 season, Bryant has led the NBA with 21.7 shots per game -- a full 1.7 more than LeBron James."

Kobe is a terrible teammate if this is true, I mean 1.7? Jesus Christ.

And LeBron scores more and more efficiently.
:biggums:

IGOTGAME
10-20-2014, 08:49 PM
I remember the Sessions thing quite well because I was hoping he'd solidify that position for a few years. I remember the Lakers publicly stating really wanting Sessions to stick with them badly, but he's the one who opted out after the end of season and he didn't really seem like he wanted to stay in L.A. If the Lakers wanted Nash why wouldn't they at least keep Sessions as a backup PG when they had nobody to back up Nash? Plus Kobe's been a @#@# his entire career in L.A. So only after they gave him a ridiculously gigantic contract while he was injured did it dawn on them that they just couldn't put up with him for another 2 years? If they were so tired of him they'd have let him go after the injury.

I followed it as well. Sessions said LA didnt even give him as much as a phone call.

chazzy
10-20-2014, 09:24 PM
I thought this was already known after Shaq was traded in 2004
Huh? They would've done the opposite if they didn't want him at that time.

HOoopCityJones
10-20-2014, 09:31 PM
Huh? They would've done the opposite if they didn't want him at that time.

As you can see from his reply to my post. This guy doesn't do much thinking when he posts shit.