PDA

View Full Version : Pick one player going into next season....

russwest0
10-20-2014, 02:42 PM
Player A
Put up 13/6/2 on 52/38/80 shooting. 23 years old.

Player B
Put up 32/7/6 on 50/39/87 shooting. 26 years old.

Player C
Put up 27/7/6 on 56/38/75 shooting. 30 years old.

russwest0
10-20-2014, 02:47 PM
And for those curious, defensively they graded out A >>>> B >>> C

Sakkreth
10-20-2014, 02:49 PM
KD is not better on Defense than Bron. Reported for trolling btw.

russwest0
10-20-2014, 02:50 PM
KD is not better on Defense than Bron. Reported for trolling btw.

Find me any stats last year that show otherwise. Because if you look at the stats, I'm strictly talking based off of last season.

r15mohd
10-20-2014, 02:53 PM
Find me any stats last year that show otherwise. Because if you look at the stats, I'm strictly talking based off of last season.

i wonder why you limit it to one season :rolleyes:

russwest0
10-20-2014, 02:53 PM
i wonder why you limit it to one season :rolleyes:

Because last season is the most recent. :hammerhead:

r15mohd
10-20-2014, 02:55 PM
Because last season is the most recent. :hammerhead:

yes, i'm sure that's your reasoning...:facepalm

SugarHill
10-20-2014, 02:57 PM
I wonder who those names are. Did you make up the stats?

russwest0
10-20-2014, 02:57 PM
yes, i'm sure that's your reasoning...:facepalm

Yes, lets go back two seasons where player A was averaging 8 points a game. That'd be a much better season to use than last season to predict what he's going to average next season.... :rolleyes:

Hell, lets add Duncan into the mix and use a season of his from 10 years ago.

russwest0
10-20-2014, 02:58 PM
I wonder who those names are. Did you make up the stats?

It's very possible that I did. Which statline do you think was the best? Remember, defensively they graded out A >>>> B >>> C

SugarHill
10-20-2014, 02:59 PM
It's very possible that I did. Which statline do you think was the best? Remember, defensively they graded out A >>>> B >>> C

Interesting to consider and I'm collected my thoughts on this matter. I think I'm going with player C. :cheers:

russwest0
10-20-2014, 02:59 PM
Interesting to consider and I'm collected my thoughts on this matter. I think I'm going with player C. :cheers:

Not a bad choice if I do say so myself :cheers:

r15mohd
10-20-2014, 03:00 PM
Yes, lets go back two seasons where player A was averaging 8 points a game. That'd be a much better season to use than last season to predict what he's going to average next season.... :rolleyes:

Hell, lets add Duncan into the mix and use a season of his from 10 years ago.

career wise, and even last year...Duncan was a better defender than "player B"

is there a reason "player B" wasn't in the top 17 for the NBA defensive award, yet "player C" was?

http://www.nba.com/media/042114-2013-14-Kia-NBA-Defensive-Player-of-Year-Votes.pdf

russwest0
10-20-2014, 03:01 PM
career wise, and even last year...Duncan was a better defender than "player B"

is there a reason "player B" wasn't in the top 17 for the NBA defensive award, yet "player C" was?

:biggums: What do media votes based on the top 17 of an NBA defensive award have to do with how a player grades out defensively?

r15mohd
10-20-2014, 03:03 PM
:biggums: What do media votes based on the top 17 of an NBA defensive award have to do with how a player grades out defensively?

well for one, player B was not on any of those submitted entries...it's not biased, as you would like to incline, if player B doesn't make 1 vote :no:

russwest0
10-20-2014, 03:05 PM
well for one, player B was not on any of those submitted entries...it's not biased, as you would like to incline, if player B doesn't make 1 vote :no:

Wait, I'm confused. So you're saying that LeBron was a better defender than Paul George and Kawhi Leonard last season?

:biggums:

r15mohd
10-20-2014, 03:11 PM
Wait, I'm confused. So you're saying that LeBron was a better defender than Paul George and Kawhi Leonard last season?

:biggums:

i don't understand why you just don't label the players...we already know it's about Lebron. so gullible.

and yes...you look at it as a single opportunity, man-man defenesive schematic. Lebron was Miami's defense, Kawhi nor PG could replicate what Lebron did defensively for the Heat. However, Lebron could do what both Kawhi and PG does for their respective teams.

and before you bring up Finals Lebron vs Kawhi, it's been addressed many times in threads you've started indicating otherwise...those threads have be debunked, so please find substantial reasoning before resorting to this rebuttal. :sleeping

russwest0
10-20-2014, 03:12 PM
i don't understand why you just don't label the players...we already know it's about Lebron. so gullible.

and yes...you look at it as a single opportunity, man-man defenesive schematic. Lebron was Miami's defense, Kawhi nor PG could replicate what Lebron did defensively for the Heat. However, Lebron could do what both Kawhi and PG does for their respective teams.

and before you bring up Finals Lebron vs Kawhi, it's been addressed many times in threads you've started indicating otherwise...those threads have be debunked, so please find substantial reasoning before resorting to this rebuttal. :sleeping

Okay lol thats all I wanted to know. That you think that LeBron was a better defender than both Paul George and Kawhi Leonard last season. :cheers:

J Shuttlesworth
10-20-2014, 03:25 PM
Okay lol thats all I wanted to know. That you think that LeBron was a better defender than both Paul George and Kawhi Leonard last season. :cheers:
It's astonishing how simple minded you are.