PDA

View Full Version : Attention league (Vote) : Move up the end of the fantasy reg season?

baseketball4life
10-20-2014, 03:38 PM
This thread is to view the interest members have in pushing up the end of the fantasy regular season a week so that teams will have their star players in the fantasy playoffs... as opposed to those players resting the final week of the real NBA season they would be playing.

Often times NBA teams rest their stars the final week of the regular season in preparation for the playoffs, some people find this annoying, and in some leagues they avoid that issue by moving up the end of the fantasy regular season

How do people feel about this? should we vote? change it? or keep the same?

Bird
10-20-2014, 03:45 PM
This probably should have been discussed prior to the draft, but I am fine with it being pushed up a week.

Not that I will be in the finals, but I want to see two competitive teams have their stars for the entire championship week.

Pistol Pete
10-20-2014, 03:47 PM
It's too late for this, we already drafted. I don't think it's even possible to change. As it stands, the finals are the last 9 days of the season - April 6th to April 15th.

baseketball4life
10-20-2014, 03:57 PM
It's too late for this, we already drafted. I don't think it's even possible to change. As it stands, the finals are the last 9 days of the season - April 6th to April 15th.
it can be changed until the first game of the NBA regular season.

Lol, is that supposed to be a good thing? Stars would be sitting out then, but either way it's managing fantasy basketball... if your good you'll win if your shit you'll lose

Pistol Pete
10-20-2014, 04:18 PM
it can be changed until the first game of the NBA regular season.

Lol, is that supposed to be a good thing? Stars would be sitting out then, but either way it's managing fantasy basketball... if your good you'll win if your shit you'll lose

I don't care either way, it's good and bad, you get Tim Duncan well below his value all year, knowing that he won't play the last week, would you be in the finals without getting him cheap all year? It's hard to say. If you don't want to worry about that stuff, then choose your players wisely, it shouldn't be hard to figure out who plays the last weeks by now.

GP_20
10-20-2014, 05:06 PM
Yes I vote having finals a week before regular season ends. Its stupid your best players may not play in the finals and whoever has "more players playing" rather than "best team" may win it.

Pistol Pete
10-20-2014, 05:39 PM
Yes I vote having finals a week before regular season ends. Its stupid your best players may not play in the finals and whoever has "more players playing" rather than "best team" may win it.

Don't fret, you won't be in the finals so this won't be a concern for you.

baseketball4life
10-20-2014, 06:10 PM
This probably should have been discussed prior to the draft, but I am fine with it being pushed up a week.

Not that I will be in the finals, but I want to see two competitive teams have their stars for the entire championship week.
does that mean you are a yes or no to this?

Yes:

Glove_20

No:

Pistol Pete

undecided: B4life

GP_20
10-20-2014, 07:37 PM
does that mean you are a yes or no to this?

Yes:

Glove_20

No:

Pistol Pete

undecided: B4life

Bird agrees with the rule. Pistol Pete is indifferent/undecided.

Attila
10-20-2014, 11:23 PM
I vote NO

baseketball4life
10-21-2014, 03:35 AM
Yes:

Glove_20
Bird
B4life

No:

Pistol Pete
Attila

need more votes guys

iamgine
10-21-2014, 03:53 AM
What are the dates change proposed here? From what date to what date?

bdreason
10-21-2014, 04:41 AM
I always end my league two weeks before the end of the regular season. I believe it's 18 regular season weeks and 3 playoff weeks (8 teams).

iamgine
10-21-2014, 05:01 AM
Also, I don't think this is something that can be passed without a unanimous yes since we already drafted and some people might have drafted with those dates in mind.

baseketball4life
10-21-2014, 04:04 PM
Also, I don't think this is something that can be passed without a unanimous yes since we already drafted and some people might have drafted with those dates in mind.
no one drafted with those dates in mind :oldlol:

Rameek
10-21-2014, 04:38 PM
I think it should have been done before the draft (Undecided). Post this message in the league with a link to the thread so people can be aware.

GP_20
10-21-2014, 10:27 PM
Everyone knows when they face me in the finals their only shot of winning is going to be my players getting shut down early :facepalm

This league is pathetic

iamgine
10-21-2014, 11:29 PM
no one drafted with those dates in mind :oldlol:
I'll vote yes if that's the case and vote no if anyone say they drafted with those dates in mind.

Pistol Pete
10-22-2014, 08:29 AM
Still don't want this changed, it does change player valuations.

EDIT: Actually, I don't give a shit, if y'all want to change it, go for it. It shouldn't effect my roster, #crustfree #nocrust #garliccrusttho

Attila
10-22-2014, 09:52 AM
Everyone knows when they face me in the finals their only shot of winning is going to be my players getting shut down early :facepalm

This league is pathetic
So you don't have the fantasy knowledge to win a league on last week?! That right there is a true test of how good of a gm you are. I don't blame you tho for already getting excuses lined up after all you are a smelly punjab

GP_20
10-22-2014, 04:10 PM
So you don't have the fantasy knowledge to win a league on last week?! That right there is a true test of how good of a gm you are. I don't blame you tho for already getting excuses lined up after all you are a smelly punjab

Let me guess this is the guy that won last year because of the regular season ending at the same time the finals ended? :rolleyes: That explains it.

Smelly punjab lol? Someone tell this mental retard to STFU or he's gonna get it personal when I whoop his ass too

statman32
10-22-2014, 07:36 PM
I drafted all younger players bc they are likely to play in the last couple of weeks in the season.

:roll:

Attila
10-22-2014, 07:50 PM
Let me guess this is the guy that won last year because of the regular season ending at the same time the finals ended? :rolleyes: That explains it.

Smelly punjab lol? Someone tell this mental retard to STFU or he's gonna get it personal when I whoop his ass too
Or because I have enough knowledge on who to pick up in order to win.

G-train
10-23-2014, 11:55 PM
whatever