PDA

View Full Version : Simple question. Do you like Lebron James?

JohnMax
10-20-2014, 03:59 PM
State:

1. Who is your team?

2. Do you like lebron?

Inspired by the Blake Griffin thread link (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=356308)

Cocaine80s
10-20-2014, 04:00 PM
No

J Shuttlesworth
10-20-2014, 04:01 PM
Yes

and this thread will be WAAAAY different than the griffin thread

KungFuJoe
Hell no. Can't stand the guy. I've never disliked a player more.

Taller than CP3
I liked him in Cleveland, hated him in Miami, now I sort of like him again.

riseagainst
10-20-2014, 04:02 PM
as a die hard lebron fan, no.

SuperCereal
10-20-2014, 04:08 PM
Nope. Beta he is.

Demitri98
10-20-2014, 04:13 PM
1. Thunder

2. Yes, seems like a respectable guy. He's also a good basketball player too.

navy
10-20-2014, 04:14 PM
Cavs fan since 83'

Loved him.

Then hated him.

Love him again.

Real14
10-20-2014, 04:16 PM
Yes, I like his wife.

KingLeBronJames
10-20-2014, 04:16 PM
1. Thunder

2. Yes, seems like a respectable guy. He's also a good basketball player too.
Good. A man who still respects a guy after LeBron and the Heat beaten your Thunder team. Not acting like a punk after a great player and his team beaten the best. Unlike Pistons fans, Blazers fans, Kings fans, Spurs fans, Magic fans and Celtics fans.

Ramza
10-20-2014, 04:19 PM
Yes, my hole is waiting for you Bran <3

TylerOO
10-20-2014, 04:20 PM
No.

I love him

Real14
10-20-2014, 04:20 PM
Yes, my hole is waiting for you Bran <3
:biggums:

Real14
10-20-2014, 04:22 PM
No.

I love him
http://www.myfacewhen.net/uploads/5311-bill-cosby-disgusted.png

Dengness9
10-20-2014, 04:35 PM
I wouldnt mind seeing him gutted on the side of the road or at his kids bday party.

Smoke117
10-20-2014, 04:39 PM
I don't like him or dislike him. I've never much cared about him one way or another...always been apathetic.

JellyBean
10-20-2014, 04:56 PM
1). Minnesota Timberwolves

2). Yeah. Always liked LeBron from the time he came into the league and until he retires. The guy is gifted and talented. He understands his gift and is able to use those gifts to help his team do well.

Sakkreth
10-20-2014, 04:58 PM
1.Raptors
2.Yes

RoundMoundOfReb
10-20-2014, 04:58 PM
1. Raptors

2. Yes

triangleoffense
10-20-2014, 05:04 PM
Lakers fan.

hard to say, I'm still conflicted but I respect his game on the court. Off the court however he's done some questionable things.. at least publicly.

smoovegittar
10-20-2014, 05:05 PM
I love his game.... there is no one better on the floor right now. I like his work with children. I effin' hate his demeanor on the court - he goes from beast mode to flopper and whiner too quickly for my liking - but that's today's game I guess.

triangleoffense
10-20-2014, 05:07 PM
I love his game.... there is no one better on the floor right now. I like his work with children. I effin' hate his demeanor on the court - he goes from beast mode to flopper and whiner to quickly for my liking - but that's today's game I guess.
True this is what I wanted to say.. on top of his off the court antics he has an entitled sense sometimes on the court.. can't really blame him the way he won the genetic lottery but it sets a bad example for future great athletes such as himself.

JT123
10-20-2014, 05:09 PM
As the most objective and unbiased basketball fan on this site, I would have to say Lebron might be the greatest overall PERSON in NBA history. :bowdown:

Respects his opponents (Just said the Bulls were better than his team)
Never gets in trouble off the court
Stays loyal to his family

What more could one want from the game's best player?

SamuraiSWISH
10-20-2014, 05:09 PM
Love his game. Especially his unique, near lost talent in passing ability. That's what made me a fan first and foremost. A 6'8 super athletic freak point guard.

Before the quit job in 2010 ECSF, and before "The Decision"? Loved him.

In his tenure at Miami? Hated him. Prodigal Son returns? I'll tentatively give him another shot. He's made himself REALLY difficult to like. Polarizing like Kobe, but for different reasons.

I love that he's a good kid. I hate his mannerisms on the court. From front running, dancing during games, his fake tough guy act, to flopper, and whiner.

ArbitraryWater
10-20-2014, 05:12 PM
Lakers fan.

hard to say, I'm still conflicted but I respect his game on the court. Off the court however he's done some questionable things.. at least publicly.

You mean the rape trial? gambling? cheating? carrying around guns? etc

TheReal Kendall
10-20-2014, 05:15 PM
Suns

I don't hate him. I just feel like he's overrated. I respect his game though.

SamuraiSWISH
10-20-2014, 05:25 PM
You mean the rape trial? gambling? cheating? carrying around guns? etc
Gambling isn't illegal. Cheating happens with everyday men, let alone professional athletes with temptation of gorgeous women throwing themselves at you contstantly. I've cheated on a g/f. Now, carrying guns, smuggling drugs, pyramid schemes, accusations of rape. These are character issues.

GrapeApe
10-20-2014, 05:26 PM
Yeah, I like him. I think he's a phenominal talent and a genuinely good dude. That said I hope he has a horrible season and his team fails miserably.

j3lademaster
10-20-2014, 05:32 PM
I like Lebron off the court. He seems very involved with him family... and it's hard not to get any bad press when you're under a microscope like Lebron is. Every newswriter is licking their chops waiting for Lebron to mess up for even a story they can just twist and stretch.

Don't like him as a player though. His game is ugly. Whenever I'm impressed by a Lebron play, I'm impressed from his insane court vision and generational athleticism- it's never him actually making a nice basketball move(outside of passing).

Maybe when he stops snapping his head back whenever he: botches a layup, dribbles it off his foot, gets it stolen, can't get to the rebound; he'll become more watchable to me.

fpliii
10-20-2014, 05:40 PM
Don't care about him changing teams, or any other narratives, but don't care for his playstyle. Great passing vision obviously but IMO he wastes his talent by playing so much on the perimeter. Would appreciate him more if he posted up more often (he did a good deal last year, but even more would be preferable), gave 100% effort on defense consistently, and crashed the boards harder/boxed out a ton.

G0ATbe
10-20-2014, 05:41 PM
I respect him as a player wholeheartedly. He's a top 45 player of all time and will probably retire top 40. Top 10 player in the league. Don't like when his fans attempt to sneak him into top 10 GOAT lists though.

NBAplayoffs2001
10-20-2014, 05:41 PM
State:

1. Who is your team?

2. Do you like lebron?

Inspired by the Blake Griffin thread link (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=356308)

State: New York
Team: New York Knicks
Do I like LeBron: lets put it this way, if they won last years NBA finals, I would have broken my TV and gotten drunk and cried

kamil
10-20-2014, 05:42 PM
Hate him. He took all integrity for basketball and shit on it through collusion.

thefatmiral
10-20-2014, 06:08 PM
not a fan. one of the greatest athletes ive ever seen but still not entertaining.

Mass Debator
10-20-2014, 06:09 PM
I don't like him much, but I respect his ugly yet effective game and physical gifts as an athlete.

Hey Yo
10-20-2014, 06:12 PM
Don't care about him changing teams, or any other narratives, but don't care for his playstyle. Great passing vision obviously but IMO he wastes his talent by playing so much on the perimeter. Would appreciate him more if he posted up more often (he did a good deal last year, but even more would be preferable), gave 100% effort on defense consistently, and crashed the boards harder/boxed out a ton.
You're asking for a lot of stamina over the long season and postseason. Especially for the go-to-guy on offense.

ralph_i_el
10-20-2014, 06:13 PM
1. Wizards
2. No. But I respect what he does on the court. Of all the players I've been able to watch for their entire career, Lebron is the best.

I haven't been able to root for him since he walked up to Agent 0 at the free throw line and started shit talking.

T_L_P
10-20-2014, 06:25 PM
Eh, I don't really care for him. He does a lot of things on the court the opposite way an NBA player should. Sure it's stuff most role players try to do (flop, go for stats, dance like a clown, make dumb comments/statements), but when you're the face of the league, a self-proclaimed top 4 player to ever live, it gets a bit annoying.

That said, he seems like a pretty nice guy. Very involved with his family/community and such.

eurobum
10-20-2014, 07:28 PM
https://vine.co/v/MvOYHngLT9t

dat beauty

ThatsGame
10-20-2014, 09:41 PM
1. Miami
2. I don't like the guy. He has run for the easiest path twice now, the narratives are marketing bullshit. There are tons of guys out there playing for teams that are in cities where they didn't grow up.

"Earned not given"

The problem with that is he couldn't earn anything on his own, he had to be given it because he sucks at getting people to follow him by being a leader. He went to Miami, and was given a decked out roster which guaranteed at least a Championship, then he went back home and said look what I have now, come play with me please.

He's a big baby. The guys that did follow him disgust me as well. This type of shit ruins the league, people all following one guy to one team for an easy ring.

beastee
10-20-2014, 09:47 PM
1. Bulls
2. Loved him before the decision, do not like him since. But I do agree that he is the best player in the league currently (Durant when prime will be better)

DatAsh
10-20-2014, 09:47 PM
Yes.

It helps that he seems to be a genuinely nice guy.

beastee
10-20-2014, 09:49 PM
Respects his opponents (Just said the Bulls were better than his team)

He does this type of stuff all the time. That way if they choke he can say, we just were not the best team. He is full of shit in that regard. He KNOWS on paper Cavs are the best team. That is why I liked Jordan better, he didn't suck up to anyone.

JebronLames
10-20-2014, 10:23 PM
He's my hero.

305Baller
10-20-2014, 10:25 PM
No.

HOoopCityJones
10-20-2014, 10:26 PM
I like that antagonizing itch you can't scratch because you're in public more than the fool named Bron. At least it never goes away.

sirkeelma
10-20-2014, 10:33 PM
1. Celtics

2. No, Nothing feels better than eliminating LBJ in the playoffs. Still consider him as the best player though.

noob cake
10-20-2014, 10:43 PM
1. Rockets

2. No, but I respect Lebron. He is already top 10 GOAT and is undoubtedly the best player of his generation.

Dro
10-21-2014, 01:27 AM
1. Miami
2. I don't like the guy. He has run for the easiest path twice now, the narratives are marketing bullshit. There are tons of guys out there playing for teams that are in cities where they didn't grow up.

"Earned not given"

The problem with that is he couldn't earn anything on his own, he had to be given it because he sucks at getting people to follow him by being a leader. He went to Miami, and was given a decked out roster which guaranteed at least a Championship, then he went back home and said look what I have now, come play with me please.

He's a big baby. The guys that did follow him disgust me as well. This type of shit ruins the league, people all following one guy to one team for an easy ring.
I kind've agree with this...But I can't say I dislike him though....Unlike others, I do think he is fun to watch, I just don't really like the collusion. But I'm actually bothered more by him going back to Cleveland now that they have a good team than I am by him going to Miami.......

Black and White
10-21-2014, 01:34 AM
1. Celtics

2. He's a great player, one of the best all-time, but no, I don't like him

Milbuck
10-21-2014, 01:34 AM
Atlanta Hawks.

I used to not like him at all for various reasons..being a fan of Kobe, the decision, the Heat sweeping the Bucks in 2013, etc..but the past few months I've been forcing myself to watch a ton of his old games and highlights, and he's definitely growing on me. I may never fully like him, but I love his game and I'm getting a bit tired of the constant hate towards him. Despite whatever stupid shit I may say about him from time to time..which is mostly me wrongly lowering myself to arguing with trolls..I really do respect the hell out of him as a player.

Mr. Jabbar
10-21-2014, 01:37 AM
Lakers

Big fan of him until he started choking away important games and I realized he would never be an all time great.

Asukal
10-21-2014, 03:23 AM
I respect that he is the game's best player in this era and a sure fire hall of famer. What I dislike are his dumb stans, the collusion 1&2, and floppy diva. :oldlol:

pauk
10-21-2014, 05:50 AM
None of us here know him to actually have some objective reason to like/dislike/hate/love him.... his hairline, his headband, you being a fan of another player or team hence loathing him in honor of your team/player, whatever agenda, is no objective reason to for example dislike him.... rooting against him when your team plays him is another thing....

But we do know his game and that there is zero reason for anybody to dislike/disrespect if you truly are a basketball fan....

coin24
10-21-2014, 05:53 AM
None of us here know him to actually have some objective reason to like/dislike/hate/love him.... his hairline, his headband, you being a fan of another player or team hence loathing him in honor of your team/player, whatever agenda, is no objective reason....

But we do know his game and that there is zero reason for anybody dislike if you truly are a basketball fan....

Yeah he's an alright role player, I have him around the top 25 mark with pippen:cheers:

c5terror
10-21-2014, 06:56 AM
yes i do, in fact i want to marry him

Angel Face
10-21-2014, 08:09 AM
Before the decision, not that much. After the decision, no I disliked him. An MVP quitting on his team, first time it happened. Forming a collusion to win easy makes him unlikable. I respect competitive players, guys like AI who never won, has huge heart on court despite his height, didn't leave his team (he got traded), Reggie Miller who never won but ultra competitive and clutch as ****, Kobe still competitve even tho his body is breaking down, etc., those guys have my respect but Lebron as talented as he is, is the opposite of those guys, chokes on the brightest stage, a known quitter, left Cleveld because he couldn't win, left Miami after failing to three-peat. This guy is hard to root for. He is talented but lacks heart.

kurple
10-21-2014, 08:13 AM
nuggets

no. seems like a nice dude, but i did not like the fact that he left cleveland. not top10 like

D-FENS
10-21-2014, 08:17 AM
No. He's an overrated bum created by Stern

Mr Exlax
10-21-2014, 08:25 AM
Rockets

Yeah I fux with him. I like that he controls his own career.

ArbitraryWater
10-21-2014, 08:30 AM
Atlanta Hawks.

I used to not like him at all for various reasons..being a fan of Kobe, the decision, the Heat sweeping the Bucks in 2013, etc..but the past few months I've been forcing myself to watch a ton of his old games and highlights, and he's definitely growing on me. I may never fully like him, but I love his game and I'm getting a bit tired of the constant hate towards him. Despite whatever stupid shit I may say about him from time to time..which is mostly me wrongly lowering myself to arguing with trolls..I really do respect the hell out of him as a player.

One day you can be objective aswell :applause:

TheMilkyBarKid
10-21-2014, 08:37 AM
Celtics fan.

LeBron has always been amongst my favourite players to eatch since he joined the league.

c5terror
10-21-2014, 09:31 AM
Love his game. Especially his unique, near lost talent in passing ability. That's what made me a fan first and foremost. A 6'8 super athletic freak point guard.

Before the quit job in 2010 ECSF, and before "The Decision"? Loved him.

In his tenure at Miami? Hated him. Prodigal Son returns? I'll tentatively give him another shot. He's made himself REALLY difficult to like. Polarizing like Kobe, but for different reasons.

I love that he's a good kid. I hate his mannerisms on the court. From front running, dancing during games, his fake tough guy act, to flopper, and whiner.

toying with his mouthpiece is also one of his disgusting mannerism along with jordan tongue out.

oti
10-21-2014, 10:22 AM
I don't hate him but i find him very overrated. I like his passing game but he is overrated as a defender and i dont really think he makes his teammates better even tho he likes to pass the ball. His decision to leave Cleveland for Miami and now coming back kinda ****ed up his career. He will never have an argument as the GOAT because he always took the easy path. He is clearly the best player atm but thats because Durant is a worse beta than he is and guys like Kobe / Wade are old and injured.

elementally morale
10-21-2014, 12:22 PM
1) Lakers

2) Have no real problem with him as a person. Don't like his game. Yes, he is great but still boring for me to watch.

FultzNationRISE
07-01-2022, 04:57 PM
State:

1. Who is your team?

2. Do you like lebron?

:roll:

Full Court
07-01-2022, 10:45 PM
My team is the Bulls.

And I love Lebron James. I really do like him a lot, which is why it's a shame he's such a mentally weak loser. And flopper.