PDA

View Full Version : Will Cleveland need to trade Waiters?

SamuraiSWISH
10-20-2014, 05:35 PM
Cavs need to dump Waiters before the All Star break IMO. He's going to be the scapegoat, chemistry killer, and the guy who ultimately will hold them back. Pretty much everyone with a brain can see that. Add another spot up shooter for Kyrie, and LeBron to kick it out to on the wings. Where would be a good potential deal for him?

Cocaine80s
10-20-2014, 05:37 PM
No wtf, he looked really good so far in the pre season.

And he was doing well after the all star break last year too

outbreak
10-20-2014, 05:38 PM
I like Waiters game but I don't see him fitting in long term there. A lot of the media seem to be acting like the Kyrie vs Waiters problems were fact rather than rumour. If that's the case then yeah I think he may cause problems.

Smoke117
10-20-2014, 05:38 PM
No. Stick to Jordan.

JT123
10-20-2014, 05:39 PM
Doubt it. Lebron's on court traits tend to rub off on his teammates. Before Lebron went to Miami Wade admitted that he never gave a damn about efficiency. Then Lebron gets there and the two of them are having field goal percentage competitions. :lol Wade realized that he had to adjust his playing style for the betterment of the team, even if it wasn't easy all the time. I think the same will happen with Waiters.

ArbitraryWater
10-20-2014, 05:39 PM
No. Stick to Jordan.

lol

Mass Debator
10-20-2014, 05:43 PM
Waiters...the Percy Harvin of the NBA. He will be traded mid-season.

MP.Trey
10-20-2014, 05:47 PM
Nah he seems like he's really bought into Blatt's system and he's killing it both offensively and defensively this preseason. I think he's gonna be in for a fantastic year.

HomieWeMajor
10-20-2014, 05:52 PM
Dion Waiters will be the player making clutch plays in a pivotal game 7 in the 4th quarter.
"Waiters for three BANG ! Cavs up by four and Spurs will take a time out.
DUH DUH DUH DUH DUH
DUH DUH DUH
DUH DUH DUH DUH
DUH
DUH DUH
DUH DUH DUH DUH DUH DUH DUH DUH DUH "

PJR
10-20-2014, 05:54 PM
Before Lebron went to Miami Wade admitted that he never gave a damn about efficiency.

You are one lying POS. :lol

JT123
10-20-2014, 06:14 PM
You are one lying POS. :lol
Maybe I exaggerated a tad, but Wade obviously didn't care AS MUCH about being efficient prior to Lebron. In interviews he talked about how before he teamed up with Lebron he would shoot the ball whenever he felt like it, but after they joined forces he felt like he had to pass the ball more so that the team could get the best shot possible.

SamuraiSWISH
10-20-2014, 06:19 PM
Nah he seems like he's really bought into Blatt's system and he's killing it both offensively and defensively this preseason. I think he's gonna be in for a fantastic year.
How do you not see the potential for combustion with him on the roster? He was beefing with Kyrie Irving last year when nothing was at stake.

Why? He's a combo guard who needs the ball in his hands.

Now you've got LeBron, and Love? The ability to compete for championships. Waiters has been itching to spread his wings as a solo act for sometime. I don't think he has the intelligence, or skill set to adapt to much superior players. He's already proven to be a difficult character guy.

Wouldn't you rather have someone who knew their niche, and gave a more defined skill set that could adapt to the big three core of Irving / LeBron / Love?

Cocaine80s
10-20-2014, 06:21 PM
How do you not see the potential for combustion with him on the roster? He was beefing with Kyrie Irving. Why? He's a combo guard who needs the ball in his hands. Now you've got LeBron, and Love? He's been trying to spread his wings for sometime. I don't think he has the intelligence, or skill set to adapt to much superior players. He's already proven to be a difficult character guy. Wouldn't you rather have someone who knew their niche, and gave a more defined skill set that could adapt to the big three core of Irving / LeBron / Love?
I don't think they can get any other guy like him right now that can take over games whenever the big 3 are off or not on the court.

outbreak
10-20-2014, 06:21 PM
How do you not see the potential for combustion with him on the roster? He was beefing with Kyrie Irving last year when nothing was at stake.

Now you've got LeBron, and Love? The ability to compete for championships. Waiters has been itching to spread his wings as a solo act for sometime. I don't think he has the intelligence, or skill set to adapt to much superior players. He's already proven to be a difficult character guy.

Wouldn't you rather have someone who knew their niche, and gave a more defined skill set that could adapt to the big three core of Irving / LeBron / Love?

What was the recent story about point guard? He said something about how the team has no back up point guard and he should be playing that role? Even though Dellevadovas filling that spot. I didn't get the full story on it.

StephHamann
10-20-2014, 06:26 PM
Trade idea:

How says no?

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=ljvqojx

SamuraiSWISH
10-20-2014, 06:26 PM
I don't think they can get any other guy like him right now that can take over games whenever the big 3 are off or not on the court.
Dude ...

How often would

Kyrie Irving

LeBron James

and

Kevin Love

All be having "off nights" at the same exact time? Chances are slime.

This isn't 2 offensive weapons, that's 3 major guns who can put the ball in the bucket. Waiters is never going to be able to play to his strengths at the same time as all those guys. Sure he can add some firepower ... but IMO he should come off the bench, Microwave Johnson style.

Otherwise I feel like on the court with Kyrie, LeBron, and Love he's useless. I rather have dimension with players who can catch / shoot, and stretch the floor with driving lanes for Kyrie or LeBron. Guys like Ray Allen, Mike Miller, etc.

You have 2 of the absolute best players off the bounce in the league. Maybe THE best now. You need less players who have to have the ball in their hand in order to get rhythm offensively.

Doranku
10-20-2014, 06:27 PM

Yeah, because I'm sure Dion is going into this season with the mentality that he's going to be a "solo act" playing alongside LeBron James. :oldlol:

Simply ridiculous. Dion has looked great in the preseason from what I've seen. And he has the invaluable ability to create his own shot. He will be what James Harden was to OKC before being shipped out.

Cocaine80s
10-20-2014, 06:29 PM
Dude ...

How often would

Kyrie Irving

LeBron James

and

Kevin Love

All be having "off nights" at the same exact time? Chances are slime.

This isn't 2 offensive weapons, that's 3 major guns who can put the ball in the bucket. Waiters is never going to be able to play to his strengths at the same time as all those guys. Sure he can add some firepower ... but IMO he should come off the bench, Microwave Johnson style.

Otherwise I feel like on the court with Kyrie, LeBron, and Love he's useless. I rather have dimension with players who can catch / shoot, and stretch the floor with driving lanes for Kyrie or LeBron. Guys like Ray Allen, Mike Miller, etc.

You have 2 of the absolute best players off the bounce in the league. Maybe THE best now. You need less players who have to have the ball in their hand in order to get rhythm offensively.
Waiters is good man. All I'm saying is it would be retarded to trade this guy. Plus Ray might come to Cleveland so who knows, they might get their catch and shoot guy with him

SamuraiSWISH
10-20-2014, 06:29 PM
Yeah, because I'm sure Dion is going into this season with the mentality that he's going to be a "solo act" playing alongside LeBron James. :oldlol:
Did I say that? But if he's improved yet again, he's going to have an itchy trigger finger. He already leads Cleveland thus far in preseason in shot attempts. I don't think that's a great idea. Now off the bench? He's perfect. But I don't think his ego could take coming off the pine.

Nash
10-20-2014, 06:31 PM
nah, never trade guys who can get their own shot off. And especially if they are under rookie contract.

Waiters will do work when Lebron/Kyrie are on the bench. No more of that Miami basketball where when Lebron or Wade went to the bench they were left there with guys not skilled enough to do anything.

Cocaine80s
10-20-2014, 06:31 PM
Did I say that? But if he's improved yet again, he's going to have an itchy trigger finger. He already leads Cleveland thus far in preseason in shot attempts. I don't think that's a great idea. Now off the bench? He's perfect. But I don't think his ego could take coming off the pine.
thats because he's the only one of the "big 4" that played every game of the preseason

Hey Yo
10-20-2014, 06:41 PM
It's easy to get irritated and upset when you're losing a lot.

Winning changes attitudes.

LBJFTW
10-20-2014, 07:06 PM
Waiters ability to adapt to his role with Bron at the helm will be no problem. No need to worry.

LBJFTW
10-20-2014, 07:10 PM

Does it matter? All that does is increase Cavs rebounds per game.

hawksdogsbraves
10-20-2014, 08:33 PM
If Waiters was getting upset with his lack of shots last year, he's in for a rude surprise this season.

I really think you're going to start hearing some rumbling from him as the season goes on.

navy
10-20-2014, 08:50 PM
Yep. Need another 3 and D player.

305Baller
01-12-2015, 03:10 AM
This was on the $$$

Mr.Kite
01-12-2015, 03:12 AM
Yep. Need another 3 and D player.

and you got JR smith

305Baller
01-12-2015, 03:14 AM