Cocaine80s
10-20-2014, 10:49 PM
Reminds me of Kobe last night

SugarHill
10-20-2014, 10:50 PM
Kyrie got brutalized

Kvnzhangyay
10-20-2014, 10:52 PM
His ability has never been in question... its whether or not he can stay healthy...

The_Pharcyde
10-20-2014, 10:52 PM
Rose abused kyrie tonight when they were head to head

anyone who says otherwise is blatantly trolling

Collie
10-20-2014, 10:56 PM
Doesn't look like a man who missed nearly 2 straight seasons.

coin24
10-20-2014, 11:00 PM
:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
10-20-2014, 11:00 PM
Beast.

beastee
10-20-2014, 11:03 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zj57Eyzfq5A

Daaaaaaaamn Gina.

Phantom84
10-20-2014, 11:03 PM
This shit is pre-season, wake me up when he does that to Lebron in the playoff. :lol

sirkeelma
10-20-2014, 11:05 PM
4 defenders:eek:

stalkerforlife
10-20-2014, 11:08 PM
He's back.

Pointguard
10-20-2014, 11:09 PM
This shit is pre-season, wake me up when he does that to Lebron in the playoff. :lol

ohhh wow, look, rip van wrinkle post on insidehoops. Go back to sleep.

G0ATbe
10-20-2014, 11:10 PM
2013 preseason-esque:applause: .

Pointguard
10-20-2014, 11:15 PM
http://giant.gfycat.com/YawningIckyBarebirdbat.gif

:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:
That's something Rose does as good as anybody in the game. Four players going in four different directions too late.

HylianNightmare
10-20-2014, 11:29 PM
God I hope he stays healthy

TheTruth11
10-20-2014, 11:37 PM

Here here! It would be an absolutely travesty if he doesn't. We as viewers would be deprived of seeing one of the great talents to ever play the game. When he takes it to the level he played at tonight... that 2011 MVP level... he is a sight to behold.

LongLiveTheKing
10-20-2014, 11:39 PM
http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view7/4226316/lebron-blocks-d-rose-bad-o.gif

AirTupac
10-20-2014, 11:45 PM

The past :kobe:

Burgz V2
10-20-2014, 11:58 PM
cant wait for the bumped threads :lol

IncarceratedBob
10-20-2014, 11:59 PM
Preseason man. The actual season is played at a speed 10x greater than this garbage

TheReal Kendall
10-21-2014, 12:00 AM
That was nasty. If you love bball I don't see how you can hate on that play.

edrick
10-21-2014, 12:40 AM
Rose for MVP of the preseason.

NuggetsFan
10-21-2014, 12:44 AM

Not even a big Rose fan but no denying when he's healthy he makes the game more entertaining. Chicago/Cleveland matchups won't be near as good without a healthy Rose either.

Dro
10-21-2014, 01:04 AM
And they say Jordan and Kobe fans are insecure:confusedshrug:

funnystuff
10-21-2014, 01:13 AM
Dude looks like he is trying to get injured before the season starts. :facepalm

chosen_one6
10-21-2014, 01:19 AM
AirTupac butthurt that Kobe got broken off last night :lol

By Alec Burks of all people.

HOoopCityJones
10-21-2014, 01:24 AM

Dat shit was like thirty years ago. :biggums:

fourkicks44
10-21-2014, 02:51 AM

LeBron looks tired and old. Can see how he has slowed a bit with a comparison of the two gifs.

retaxis
10-21-2014, 04:09 AM
This just shows no one on ISH actually knows real basketball. Cavs had a 2-3 zone. Kyrie guards him to 45degrees past midline where he turns around to guard noah (2 guards guard the top zones). When Kyrie saw that Kevin Love was not at his zone (as Kyrie was going to zone the top) he quickly went sh1t and tried to backtrack and cover Kevin's zone which is the baseline to basket. I wonder what you stupid kids actually see when you watch basketball:facepalm :facepalm

LongLiveTheKing
10-21-2014, 04:13 AM
That's the best version of Drose, the play in OP is preseason. :oldlol:
And Drose hasn't played in 30 years where else would it be from :roll:

fourkicks44
10-21-2014, 04:38 AM
This just shows no one on ISH actually knows real basketball. Cavs had a 2-3 zone. Kyrie guards him to 45degrees past midline where he turns around to guard noah (2 guards guard the top zones). When Kyrie saw that Kevin Love was not at his zone (as Kyrie was going to zone the top) he quickly went sh1t and tried to backtrack and cover Kevin's zone which is the baseline to basket. I wonder what you stupid kids actually see when you watch basketball:facepalm :facepalm

So what's your point Coach K?

2swift4u
10-21-2014, 06:07 AM
It was obvious that Kyrie wasn't able to defend Rose last night. However Kyrie is not known for his defense anyway. Then again he had no problems with scoring the ball either. So I'm not quite sure why everybody's making such a fuss over this :confusedshrug:

dontgetchoked
10-21-2014, 08:20 AM
It was obvious that Kyrie wasn't able to defend Rose last night. However Kyrie is not known for his defense anyway. Then again he had no problems with scoring the ball either. So I'm not quite sure why everybody's making such a fuss over this :confusedshrug:
People are happy to see him playing well after 2 knee surgeries and who doesn't love an underdog story? How hard is that to understand? And kyrie started beasting against Aaron Brooks when rose went to the bench.

Trollsmasher
10-21-2014, 08:35 AM
does anyone remember the last preseason?:lol

AirTupac
10-21-2014, 09:27 AM

Yet all 3 defenders still went for the block and got embarrassed. Youre an idiot. :oldlol:

AirFederer
10-21-2014, 10:22 AM
So he got a lay up and two points. What the Bulls need is for him to deliver consistently. One play is not enough to judge him in. Was rusty as hell in the WC's....
It'll be exciting to see if he can deliver.

TheTruth11
10-21-2014, 11:04 AM
So he got a lay up and two points. What the Bulls need is for him to deliver consistently. One play is not enough to judge him in. Was rusty as hell in the WC's....
It'll be exciting to see if he can deliver.

Before he ever got injured he delivered almost every single night. His consistency was one of the things that set him apart from the pack and helped him win MVP. Seeing him play like he did last night gives people hope that what he once was has returned.

Time will tell but as Steven A. Smith said today, "when healthy he is in top 2 for MVP discussions every year."

Who would not get a little excited about the prospect of having a player of that caliber return to form? We all know that danger of injury is out there FOR EVERY PLAYER but why be negative?

ctown4eva
10-21-2014, 01:13 PM
Meanwhile, his Cavaliers counterpart Kyrie Irving scored almost just as much.

Doranku
10-21-2014, 01:15 PM

lmao are you f*cking retarded? Rose put Kyrie on skates and embarrassed him. If you really believe the bullshit you just typed, seek psychological help.

Crimsonrain777
10-21-2014, 01:32 PM

while playing 38 minutes to Rose's 24:applause:

ctown4eva
10-21-2014, 01:34 PM
The point is you're all fools for thinking preseason games mean anything.

LeBron hardly looks like he's trying out there.

Crimsonrain777
10-21-2014, 01:37 PM

we were talking about Kyrie bro, why are u bringing up Lebron? :facepalm

Jlamb47
10-21-2014, 01:43 PM
Kyrie was balling lastnight and they won so wtf?

Kyrie had more assist and 2 less points ?

DukeDelonte13
10-21-2014, 01:53 PM
Kyrie is about as bad as a perimeter defender as there is in the NBA, but Rose looked amazing. Easily the fastest player on the court last night.

HurricaneKid
10-21-2014, 02:07 PM
That play is why there is so much trepidation about the Cavs. You literally couldn't have played that PnR any worse than Kyrie and Love played it. Embarrassing.

Kyrie was literally turned all the way around on a crossover. I didn't even know that was possible.

riseagainst
10-21-2014, 02:08 PM
That play is why there is so much trepidation about the Cavs. You literally couldn't have played that PnR any worse than Kyrie and Love played it. Embarrassing.

Kyrie was literally turned all the way around on a crossover. I didn't even know that was possible.

can't blame him. Rose is too fast and agile. No way Kyrie could defend/catch up to him.

SugarHill
10-21-2014, 02:20 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q1m3EA-O0lI

1:14

funniest one

HurricaneKid
10-21-2014, 03:02 PM
can't blame him. Rose is too fast and agile. No way Kyrie could defend/catch up to him.

Show me examples of this happening to any other player. It just doesn't. He has to force the ball around the pick to where AV is waiting. There is a reason his team was 9 points/100 poss better without him last year and this is simply exhibit 483 in the case against him.

ctown4eva
10-21-2014, 03:19 PM
we were talking about Kyrie bro, why are u bringing up Lebron? :facepalm

Preseason is worthless.

Also: thread title:

LeBron / Irving / Love Get Made a Fool by MVP D.Rose

Crimsonrain777
10-21-2014, 04:58 PM
Preseason is worthless.

Also: thread title:

Preseason is worthless. Although the thread isnt about a worthless preseason. It's about Derrick Rose scoring against three defenders. you already knew that, right?

Also, quote:

retaxis
10-21-2014, 05:32 PM
So what's your point Coach K?
Simple. KLove should have covered Baseline while Kyrie (who did the right thing by running to Noah at the top as Rose drove from the baseline). Instead Klove broke formation and guarded Noah at the top of the key like Noah was some quick release floor spreading centre (even so that zone was Kyrie's to defend at that point and love should have covered baseline regardless). At the end of the day its just a matter of new team mates learning to play with each other and not slipping up the next time.

BigMacAttack
10-21-2014, 06:23 PM
Simple. KLove should have covered Baseline while Kyrie (who did the right thing by running to Noah at the top as Rose drove from the baseline). Instead Klove broke formation and guarded Noah at the top of the key like Noah was some quick release floor spreading centre (even so that zone was Kyrie's to defend at that point and love should have covered baseline regardless). At the end of the day its just a matter of new team mates learning to play with each other and not slipping up the next time.

Kyrie got shook out his shoes and embarassed.

AirTupac
10-21-2014, 06:29 PM
Kyrie got shook out his shoes and embarassed.

Looked like uncle drew defense

Dro
10-21-2014, 06:39 PM

So, if that's the point, why didn't you say that in the first place? Instead you tried to say Kyrie scored as many points and when dude pointed out that Rose played 14 minutes less than Kyrie, now all of a sudden "preseason doesn't mean anything"..But it did when you typed that Kyrie scored as many points didn't it?

RidonKs
10-21-2014, 06:44 PM
this guy knows what he's talking about

but he's looking at the forest instead of the trees. the reason the cavs got burned in that play is that kyrie stupidly turned his back on defense, lost complete sight of a ballhandler two feet away from him, and rose took quick and easy advantage. had irving spun back properly to get to his spot, he could have kept his eye on rose and chased him towards the baseline into into love or more likely andy v coming over.

kyrie is clearly putting in more effort on defense. just as with james harden, these guys read the fanbase/internet bashing and in this case have taken it as constructive criticism. at least they care now. kyrie's got a headstart on harden from last year.

but a play like this shows you just how unnatural it is for guys who have never really cared about that end of the floor. both of them are unbelievably coordinated guys who move quickly and fluidly around the court. yet to really improve on defense, its not just raw effort that you need but also a honing of your instincts which might also include many bad habits.

making the correct spin there is like rolling the right way off a pick. if you've been playing basketball for any amount of time, you should know instantly which way to turn your body. i sometimes play with guys who roll out of screens the wrong way and it drives me up the wall.

or maybe all of that is just making mountains out of molehills. i do think kyrie will become at least an average defensive point guard. but he's still got a ways to go. i hope he hits the gym to bulk up soon. same with harden to be honest. both of em are kinda doughy.

Dro
10-21-2014, 06:46 PM
I get what you're saying bro but on this play, Kyrie had gotten close enough to D Rose where he was basically in man to man at that point...Now I'll give him that he thought a pick was coming but other than that, he just got shook..But like others have said, Kyrie is bad on defense anyway so I'm not sure why people are rushing to defend his defense on this play as if he's a great defender or something...Is anybody really surprised he got broke off like this? At the end of the day, its just 2 points and the OP was making a thread to show off a great play...This is the NBA forum after all, isn't that sort of what we do here?

Magic 32
10-21-2014, 07:05 PM

Now flip that 100% and you get the Lebron fans mindset.

NumberSix
10-21-2014, 07:23 PM
You can always count on Rose to show up in pre-season.

Pointguard
10-22-2014, 03:45 AM
You can always count on Rose to show up in pre-season.
He has an MVP (in Lebron's prime) and usually doesn't play well in the pre-season.

2swift4u
10-22-2014, 05:25 AM
He has an MVP (in Lebron's prime) and usually doesn't play well in the pre-season.

if I remember correctly most people said Lebron should have been the MVP that year! Anyway, I think Rose has something to prove this year - that's why he's playing hard in the preseason. He's coming off an injury and a terrible world cup performance so he needs to step it up which he did against Cleveland. I really hope he stays healty and plays like he did the other night agains the Cavs the whole season!

navy
10-22-2014, 05:32 AM
Lies. Remember his preseason performance lase year? :lol

Paul George 24
10-22-2014, 08:07 AM
leflop is the most overrated defender :lol

Paul George 24
10-22-2014, 08:08 AM

no champ for the cavs this year :lol

nathanjizzle
10-22-2014, 08:21 AM
http://giant.gfycat.com/YawningIckyBarebirdbat.gif

:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

this is why d rose is great. he doesnt just account the player in front of him, he accounts the 3-4 players in front of him. This wasnt a breakdown in defense for the cavs. if you watch closely, he employs a maneuver to trick kyrie, and once he has kyrie confused, then he employs a hesitation to his right to send kevin love and varajao to that side opening up enough space to drive to his left and to make the basket.

Pointguard
10-22-2014, 12:21 PM
The reading and math level here is really bad. I said usually. Do you know what usually means? He's been to six preseason camps. If he had two good ones... do the math.

if I remember correctly most people said Lebron should have been the MVP that year!
No they didn't. Most people were happy as hell he didn't win it and even more believed he didn't deserve it, and he even he said it was Rose's MVP. He was a public relations calamity. I have Lebron as the best player the last five or six years, but no way were the Bulls supposed to have a better record with injuries, younger team, inexperience and lack of go to players.

Pointguard
10-22-2014, 12:25 PM
4 guys went in four different directions after Rose committed to the basket, plain and simple it was a good move. One guy east, one guy west, one guy north and one guy south. Coaching isn't pulling that off.