PDA

View Full Version : Do the Bulls need another scorer to compete for a championship?

mehyaM24
10-20-2014, 10:53 PM
watching tonights game.. you could see the bulls look for rose to score WAY too often (part of the reason why rose shot 30% in the playoffs against miami in 2011). even with pau, i dont think it will be enough.. thoughts?

AirTupac
10-20-2014, 10:54 PM
Bulls need this DRose all season

http://giant.gfycat.com/YawningIckyBarebirdbat.gif

:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

Cocaine80s
10-20-2014, 10:54 PM
Jimmy Butler

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
10-20-2014, 10:55 PM
Somebody like Dion Waiters would be ideal for Chicago, imo.

mehyaM24
10-20-2014, 10:58 PM
Jimmy Butler
butler is good, but i dont think he's a good enough SCORER to compete with cleveland or any of the top teams out west. i dont know.. without the lack of scoring, i cant see rose or chicago going very far :confusedshrug:

Collie
10-20-2014, 10:59 PM
They just need Pau to somewhere close to his Lakers form.

sirkeelma
10-20-2014, 11:09 PM
No. As long as Rose stays healthy. Bench looks fine.

beastee
10-20-2014, 11:14 PM
yes. Needed Melo. With Melo they were THE team to beat. Gasol and McBuckets and Miro are nice, but will not be able to light it up in the playoffs like they need. Rose has to be a superstar for them to have a chance in the ECF. But they will be there for sure.

ballinhun8
10-20-2014, 11:15 PM
P

R

E

S

E

A

S

O

N

FlashDwyaneWade3
10-20-2014, 11:18 PM
Isn't Pau that 2nd scorer?

RoseCity07
10-21-2014, 12:36 AM
Yes. Gasol isn't the same player anymore. I think they could use someone like Iggy or another decent shooting guard. I wonder if they could get O.J Mayo. Mayo hasn't quite fit anywhere yet and Chicago seems like it would be perfect. He has untapped potential because he can play defense.

jaybee682
10-21-2014, 01:44 AM
If butler can keep up his play and avg about 18ppg the Bulls will be good.

CavaliersFTW
10-21-2014, 01:47 AM
Yes and tonight proved it. The other four players in Thibs "system" basically looked like they were instructed to throw Rose the ball at the top of the key then take a knee and say a prayer for Rose to drive to the basket and get back up uninjured.

Not a good system. I will also pray for Rose, that he will stay healthy on the court, and not get murdered off the court in that terrible crime ridden city.

Mr. I'm So Rad
10-21-2014, 01:55 AM
Yes and tonight proved it. The other four players in Thibs "system" basically looked like they were instructed to throw Rose the ball at the top of the key then take a knee and say a prayer for Rose to drive to the basket and get back up uninjured.

Not a good system. I will also pray for Rose, that he will stay healthy on the court, and not get murdered off the court in that terrible crime ridden city.

God damn :oldlol:

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
10-21-2014, 02:09 AM

Holy shit, Cavs is a good troll. :oldlol:

oh the horror
10-21-2014, 02:12 AM
Yeah. They're unfortunately reverting toward the style of play as before. Rose cannot be your beginning and end to offense. Pau isn't the same player he once was. They could have used a wing to complement rose

bizil
10-21-2014, 02:34 AM
Typically, Rose is your top gun and Pau is #2. With the Bulls great D, I don't think they need as much scoring as other teams. But with that said, they need one more guy to step up and be able to get 20 a night multiple times during the season. However between Gibson, Noah, McBuckets, Mirotic, Dunleavy, and Butler, I think collectively they can make up the scoring. But their offensive system for sure needs some work.

andremiller07
10-21-2014, 02:44 AM
I don't think so I think barring injury they have enough if Rose has a All-Star year.

Gasol has actually improved them on both ends by a wide margin compared to Boozer, Taj has improved as has Jimmy Buckets, they just need consistant shooting from the like of Kirk, Dunleavy, Snell and the rookie (forgot his name) and they will be fine.

Maybe going after a Marcus Thornton (who looks like the MT that first came to the Kings in Boston) would be a good idea if they could package him for Dunleavy or something along those lines. He's a expiring deal which has little risk attached to it.

Aussie Dunker
10-21-2014, 05:06 AM
Butler looks like he has really taken a step forward - if he can average 15-17 ppg I think that will be more than enough - they have a big enough spread around Rose I don't think they need another scorer. Especially with the added scoring of McDermott, Gibson and Snell all off the bench...

Bulls are shaping up as a real threat to the title

tomtucker
10-21-2014, 05:20 AM
they need more then 1 more, dude...........

Upgrayedd
10-21-2014, 05:57 AM
Has Ray Allen signed with a team yet? I'd take him on the Bulls.

The Bulls will be fine though even if they stay as is. They have Rose, Gasol, McDermott, Dunleavy, Mirotic, Butler, Taj Gibson. They have offense.

People need to calm down. It's only preseason and the Bulls added a lot of new players who have never played together before. Even Butler and Rose will have to get used to each other. They haven't played many games together. The Bulls will be fine when the season starts and they play more games together.

LeBron said today that the Bulls are the better team right now because they've been playing together longer. That's not true. Sure, Noah, Rose, Butler, Hinrich and Taj Gibson have played together for a while now. But the Bulls added Mirotic, McDermott, Pau Gasol and Aaron Brooks this offseason. And like I said even Jimmy Butler and Rose don't have a lot of experience playing together. So no this whole team hasn't played together for a while like LeBron said. But I do agree that if the Bulls can play together and Rose stays healthy the Bulls are better than the Cavs and the only team in the league that can stop them would probably be the Spurs.

coin24
10-21-2014, 06:00 AM
They're looking good, but if championship is the goal they need some more offense..

comerb
10-21-2014, 06:33 AM
watching tonights game.. you could see the bulls look for rose to score WAY too often (part of the reason why rose shot 30% in the playoffs against miami in 2011). even with pau, i dont think it will be enough.. thoughts?

Lack of scorers has never been a problem on a Derrick Rose team. The 2011 Bulls had two other guys who were both capable of putting up 20ppg, along with a relatively deep bench.

The issue is that Derrick Rose is not a particular good point guard and Thib doesn't have much talent in coaching offense. Rose doesn't run an offense well and he's not an intelligent player.

I<3NBA
10-21-2014, 07:28 AM
CavsFTW talking shit now :lol

well, i guess you can gloat now with what you endured when Lebron left.

kurple
10-21-2014, 07:51 AM

like any system with lebron?

Elosha
10-21-2014, 10:14 AM
I think they do. As the season grinds on, it's not going to be enough to randomly count on Gasol or Butler to get you 20 points in any given game. Neither of them will average that, and I'd be surprised if Gasol averages more than 18. Thibs' defense is proven over the years, but if Rose is going to be fresh for the playoffs and avoid risking re-injury, he's going to need to save himself from having to get 25-30 a night. He needs a reliable second scorer and to let Gasol/Buter/Noah/Gibson slide into that third scorer slot, which would be more attainable for them.

Unfortunately, I don't see where that scorer is going to come from, trade or otherwise...

Beastmode88
10-21-2014, 10:20 AM
Not gonna lie that rose crossover on irving was nasty.

pegasus
10-21-2014, 10:23 AM

Someone is shaken up by the fact that Rose abused Kyrie last night.:oldlol:

pegasus
10-21-2014, 10:50 AM
To answer the OP's question: I think we have all the pieces (bigs, penetrators, shooters) to share the ball and play like the Spurs. If we can, we don't need a clear-cut second option. And Rose is a Parker on steroids who can take over more easily as needed (assuming he's healthy).

If we can't play like that, and obviously it's no easy feat, then we need Butler to step up big time because Gasol is about done, and Noah, as good as he is on both ends of the floor, is not offensively potent enough.

beastee
10-21-2014, 11:59 AM
I will also pray for Rose, that he will stay healthy on the court, and not get murdered off the court in that terrible crime ridden city.

I would rather live in Englewood and take my chances, then have to be born and raised in Ohio. Talk about depression, Cleveland can't even get on the map unless LBJ's posse comes to town.

veilside23
10-21-2014, 12:10 PM
pau gasol is enough for me compared to boozer... however the focus is for rose to stay healthy for the whole season... if that can be achieved its an endless possibility

senelcoolidge
10-21-2014, 02:59 PM
McDermott was brought to Chicago for a reason. He's a more polished rookie since he played 4 years of college. He should develop into a capable scorer. Hopefully Snell and Butler can do the same.

305Baller
10-21-2014, 03:03 PM
Before Gasol I would have said yes, now I say...maybe.

BuffaloBill
10-21-2014, 03:19 PM
I would rather live in Englewood and take my chances, then have to be born and raised in Ohio. Talk about depression, Cleveland can't even get on the map unless LBJ's posse comes to town.

Popcorn.gif

BuffaloBill
10-21-2014, 03:21 PM
They don't need a scorer, they just need to keep developing those talented young guys they have

RidonKs
10-22-2014, 09:37 AM
i dont think theyre desperate or anything ut they could definitely use a dj augustine or nate robinson type off the bench. i dont think snell is any good... feisty but his minutes are going to be few and far between. and while hinrich and brooks are both very solid players, neither have an alpha creator mentality which is what will be missing.

a scoring combo guard who doesnt even have to be much of a defender since the rest of the team makes up for that. shouldnt be hard to find then... so who?