AirFederer
10-22-2014, 08:37 AM
You`re right.

Just look at this!

http://33.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mdl2gfOjWn1r30l77o1_400.gif

:facepalm

DukeDelonte13
10-22-2014, 08:46 AM
he looked fast as f*ck to me the other night against the cavs.

MaxFly
10-22-2014, 08:57 AM
He looked to be in good shape to me and I expect him to only get better as the season progresses. OP... do you have a clip to back up your observation?

nathanjizzle
10-22-2014, 09:07 AM
he does look a fraction of a step slower, perhaps he will get there mid season. it might be the extra body weight he put on.

Chicago Brawls
10-22-2014, 10:48 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KTk-TUyaGHs

:bowdown:

Budadiiii
10-22-2014, 10:49 AM
Mentally or physically?

The_Pharcyde
10-22-2014, 11:07 AM
He looks just as fast to me

Could be a quarter step slower, but probably due to natural aging and bong being fully sharp yet

LBJ 23
10-22-2014, 11:09 AM
he looked fast as f*ck to me the other night against the cavs.

Yep. On the other hand Lebron looked slow as fck.

Crystallas
10-22-2014, 11:44 AM
Looked just as fast to me, and I watch every game.

Dengness9
10-22-2014, 12:54 PM
I honestly would say his springs are just off from what they were, but that Cavs games? He honestly looked as good as I've ever seen. Literally bullied the Cavs.

gasolina
10-22-2014, 01:18 PM
Playing a bit slower is actually going to help him more. No more reckless drives to the rack

ImKobe
10-22-2014, 01:20 PM
Playing a bit slower is actually going to help him more. No more reckless drives to the rack

Came here to post this.

Pointguard
10-22-2014, 01:54 PM
It looks reckless because it so fast and people are going all over the place trying to catch him, but he has a lot of control. Westbrook is a bit more reckless. But it is the stop and go, twist and torque that you are getting at with Rose. Westbrook is a bit more of a straight line reckless which is the right way to be reckless.

ImKobe
10-22-2014, 02:09 PM
It looks reckless because it so fast and people are going all over the place trying to catch him, but he has a lot of control. Westbrook is a bit more reckless. But it is the stop and go, twist and torque that you are getting at with Rose. Westbrook is a bit more of a straight line reckless which is the right way to be reckless.

funny thing is that Rose didn't really injure himself by doing anything explosive. First injury is just him hopping inside the paint and making a pass, second one he's cutting to the basket but it's a regular basketball play, ends up tearing his knee by turning around and trying to run back on D :confusedshrug:

There's no doubt he's injured himself by playing recklessly, but it has never been that bad. His two big injuries were non contact and could have happened in practice... just bad luck.

It's good that he hasn't lost much explosiveness, but the injuries might help him see the game a bit slower and make better decisions with the ball.

gasolina
10-22-2014, 03:20 PM
funny thing is that Rose didn't really injure himself by doing anything explosive. First injury is just him hopping inside the paint and making a pass, second one he's cutting to the basket but it's a regular basketball play, ends up tearing his knee by turning around and trying to run back on D :confusedshrug:

There's no doubt he's injured himself by playing recklessly, but it has never been that bad. His two big injuries were non contact and could have happened in practice... just bad luck.

It's good that he hasn't lost much explosiveness, but the injuries might help him see the game a bit slower and make better decisions with the ball.
I thought most basketball injuries come from overuse and not really because you made THAT specific move.

D Rose had a very violent way of attacking the basket, similar to westbrook's, but russell takes a lot of pull up J's while Rose likes to take contact.

Even when Derrick is avoiding contact, his contorting his body in so many ways so fast its got to put stress on his joints. Add to that the impact on his knees when he lands.

ImKobe
10-22-2014, 03:37 PM
I thought most basketball injuries come from overuse and not really because you made THAT specific move.

D Rose had a very violent way of attacking the basket, similar to westbrook's, but russell takes a lot of pull up J's while Rose likes to take contact.

Even when Derrick is avoiding contact, his contorting his body in so many ways so fast its got to put stress on his joints. Add to that the impact on his knees when he lands.

It's true, but I think the two injuries (especially the 2nd) were flukes. It's just a part of the game and some players are just more prone to those injuries than others. The way Lebron plays the game, he should at least have one major injury to his name, yet he has zero. I mean, tell me how he did not destroy his whole leg like Livingston on this fall?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k68dX1sYMhU

http://dimemag.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/lebron-alley-oop.jpg
That fall was just bad, his whole weight was on his leg in that fall and he was up so high, yet nothing happens... Some people are just blessed man

Draz
10-22-2014, 03:51 PM
OP is just retarded

Pointguard
10-22-2014, 03:58 PM

When you say recklessness I'm thinking wild, out of control and careless. Rose wasn't just the fastest player in the league - like Wall is now, but he was fast with great control. Rose wasn't just the most explosive player like Westbrook is now but he could change direction with his. Rose has waaaay more control than either one of them. Not one of you called Rose way playing reckless until he got hurt. Rose doesn't do anything that is extravagant or unnecessary. He's very economical and in control. His dribbling is very economical. His penetration is very exact.

If Rose was reckless he would have came back too early. And posters like you, who hate Rose were saying he should've came back for his team and call him names because he didn't. Now you are some authority on recklessness and what's good for Rose. Please don't feel hypocritical - I doubt you have enough consciousness to know that you are.

Milbuck
10-22-2014, 04:01 PM
OP is retarded, but there's a bit of truth to what he's saying.

The vertical explosiveness and straight line speed is still there, just as good as before. And that alone is enough to push him back to elite status once all of the rust is shaken off. But we still haven't seen his lateral quickness at 100%..he hasn't been making the side to side cuts, crossing people up and blowing by them consistently like we used to. I'm sure he'll get it back into the season (we saw some of it against the Cavs) but right now he seems to be a work in progress in that respect.

ImKobe
10-22-2014, 04:03 PM
When you say recklessness I'm thinking wild, out of control and careless. Rose wasn't just the fastest player in the league - like Wall is now, but he was fast with great control. Rose wasn't just the most explosive player like Westbrook is now but he could change direction with his. Rose has waaaay more control than either one of them. Not one of you called Rose way playing reckless until he got hurt. Rose doesn't do anything that is extravagant or unnecessary. He's very economical and in control. His dribbling is very economical. His penetration is very exact.

If Rose was reckless he would have came back too early. And posters like you, who hate Rose were saying he should've came back for his team and call him names because he didn't. Now you are some authority on recklessness and what's good for Rose. Please don't feel hypocritical - I doubt you have enough consciousness to know that you are.

Rose has great control, but playing like he does, he's bound to have some reckless layup/dunk attempts. Ironically, they did not cause the two major injuries he's had. That was basically what I was getting at.

TheTruth11
10-22-2014, 04:56 PM
Here Derrick Rose goes almost the entire length of the floor in just 3 dribbles :eek:

INCREDIBLE!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O7mYgqY_Ybw

0.44 mark of the vid. Somebody with tech skills imbed 4me. Thx

I don't believe that I have ever seen that done before. This was just a few months ago. He is just as fast as he has always been. He just manages his game better now -- picking and choosing his spots.

retaxis
10-22-2014, 05:38 PM
His speed is still there but this is what has changed

1. Before he can attack the ring 30x a game at full speed but now he can only do it 15 times.

2. His balance and coordination has decreased compared to before affecting his finishing ability. before he zig zagged left and right but now he does not do that as much at full speed.

MiseryCityTexas
10-22-2014, 06:34 PM
Dunks aren't as nearly as explosive either.

AirTupac
10-22-2014, 06:38 PM
DRose looks faster than ever, he said it himself that he has to change the way he plays.

freshperry
10-22-2014, 06:52 PM
The only thing that use to scare me was drose had a habit of landing with one leg after a dunk. Hes gotta be careful