PDA

View Full Version : Michael Rapaport Goes Off On LeBron

DirkLegend41
10-22-2014, 04:20 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V29O-T6yvSc

Agree or disagree with him?

BasedTom
10-22-2014, 04:44 PM
I wouldn't go so far as to call him an opportunist ringchaser like this guy did. But it has to be brought up. Nearly everyone in the media was lining up to suck his dick for "Coming home! OMG Such a great story!" When really it seems like it's more about trading in an aging roster for one with younger superstars and other pieces that he has influence in bringing in. Can't fault him for making a smart decision, but there is an argument that he's taking shortcuts, trying to stack the chips in his favor, etc.

If it really was all about how great it is back home in Akron...then why did he leave in the first place? Nobody denies that it was about making the best decision for his basketball career back then. I don't think this second decision was any different.

Mass Debator
10-22-2014, 04:45 PM
Idk but gosh I can't wait until Durant clowns Lebron in the finals and I don't even like Durant that much.

JellyBean
10-22-2014, 05:23 PM
I agree with Skip Rapaport. LeBron is the greatest player in the NBA, hands down and he should have stayed in Miami, retooled the Heat and came back again in the Finals with the Heat. That is the mark of a warrior. A true gladiator. Live and die with your team, the Heat. He got kicked in the no-nos and took off running to greener pastures.

RedBlackAttack
10-22-2014, 05:25 PM
I actually agree with his broader point. I am absolutely not a fan of the star players deciding collectively to team up in their primes. I didn't like it when it was happening in Miami and I don't like it now that it has happened in Cleveland. I don't think it is healthy for the league or conducive for an ultra competitive league.

I also think the "coming home" thing is a bit overblown by an eager media looking to exploit the easiest and most accessible storyline. Truth is, he saw the Cavs' ability to pull off other big moves and the young talent already on board.

If those assets weren't available here, he'd be back in Miami.

That said, Rappaport is being disingenuous when he says that's the reason he wasn't a fan of this move. I heard him on Howard Stern right after LeBron's letter was published and all he talked about was his disdain for Dan Gilbert. He just doesn't like that the Cavs are now the most relevant team in basketball again... he's just decided on a different approach to that end, apparently.

KyleKong
10-22-2014, 05:29 PM
Idk but gosh I can't wait until Durant clowns Lebron in the finals and I don't even like Durant that much.

Impossible.

OKC never making it to the Finals with Durant again.

Only way they meet again in the playoffs is when Durant goes to Washington.

Rake2204
10-22-2014, 05:30 PM
Man, I was interested in hearing Rapaport speak but it is rough to watch clips of First Take. I wish Mark Cuban's appearance a few years ago would have hit just a little bit harder so he could have ended that show like Jon Stewart did Crossfire.

dannywpt
10-22-2014, 05:38 PM
First Take are a bunch of clowns, but I watched this clip because Rapaport is a pretty cool dude.

I completely agree with his perspective. His leaving shouldn't be presented as "I'm coming home, I love Cleveland, I'm going there because I really wanna win that ring for the fans because I promised it"

It is what it is. Miami were getting old, Wade and Bosh weren't very impressive this season, his supporting cast was the weakest during his 4 seasons there, and he wanted to play on a more promising team for the future AND he won't have as much pressure to win a title next season because he can hide behind the "young, inexperienced team" cover.

Hey Yo
10-22-2014, 05:40 PM
I wouldn't go so far as to call him an opportunist ringchaser like this guy did. But it has to be brought up. Nearly everyone in the media was lining up to suck his dick for "Coming home! OMG Such a great story!" When really it seems like it's more about trading in an aging roster for one with younger superstars and other pieces that he has influence in bringing in. Can't fault him for making a smart decision, but there is an argument that he's taking shortcuts, trying to stack the chips in his favor, etc.

If it really was all about how great it is back home in Akron...then why did he leave in the first place? Nobody denies that it was about making the best decision for his basketball career back then. I don't think this second decision was any different.
I can understand where you're coming from, but when LeBron said he was going back to Cleveland, the only player on the team at the time remotely close to considered for the "superstar" moniker was Kyrie.

There were no guarantees that Kevin Love was coming aboard at the time.

Plus, since when does the best player in the game go to Cleveland to ring chase like Rapaport said?

russwest0
10-22-2014, 05:43 PM
Agreed with his points completely.

JT123
10-22-2014, 05:51 PM
I can understand where you're coming from, but when LeBron said he was going back to Cleveland, the only player on the team at the time remotely close to considered for the "superstar" moniker was Kyrie.

Plus, since when does the best player in the game go to Cleveland to ring chase like Rapaport said?
Honestly Kyrie doesn't even deserve the superstar label. He hasn't proven anything yet, he's just being overhyped because he was a number 1 pick. I don't care what anyone says, superstars don't miss the playoffs in a weak conference.

ImKobe
10-22-2014, 05:55 PM
Honestly Kyrie doesn't even deserve the superstar label. He hasn't proven anything yet, he's just being overhyped because he was a number 1 pick. I don't care what anyone says, superstars don't miss the playoffs in a weak conference.

He's not there yet, but he's most likely going to become one in the near future.

Still, Lebron basically got him a younger Wade and a younger Bosh, both being the better shooters as well. He went to Cleveland because it would give him a better chance to win, don't be fooled by the homecoming bs. If Cleveland had last year's Lakers roster, do you honestly think Lebron would have went back?

JT123
10-22-2014, 06:06 PM
He's not there yet, but he's most likely going to become one in the near future.

Still, Lebron basically got him a younger Wade and a younger Bosh, both being the better shooters as well. He went to Cleveland because it would give him a better chance to win, don't be fooled by the homecoming bs. If Cleveland had last year's Lakers roster, do you honestly think Lebron would have went back?
First off, comparing Kyrie at this stage of his career to Wade is just :facepalm
He may get there at some point, but based on what he was accomplished thus far it is a joke to compare Kyrie to Wade. I do agree about Love being better than Bosh though.
What was so impressive about Cleveland's roster before he resigned? :lol
That roster won 33 games in an all time weak conference. The Cavs roster didn't start looking good until AFTER he announced he was coming back and Love, Miller, and Marion all decided to join him. :no: It's time we put a rest to the myth that he rejoined a Cavs team that was Championship ready.

Angel Face
10-22-2014, 08:46 PM
Well said, spot on everything he said.

Cocaine80s
10-22-2014, 08:55 PM
Who the fvck is Michael Rapaport tho?

Take Your Lumps
10-22-2014, 08:57 PM
I aspire to one day be as black as Michael Rapaport.

dreamwarrior
10-22-2014, 09:02 PM
So if Michael Rapaport made an expensive movie that absolutely bombed in the theaters, is he going to come back to the sequel and try to make the next one better? C'mon, it's a business and Lebron never really belonged in Miami to begin with.

Droid101
10-22-2014, 09:06 PM
Let the excuses begin.

We're now downgrading the recent what, 2nd team all NBAer, All star game MVP and FIBA MVP?

Okay bub, he's "Not a superstar."

Why isn't this shithole banned yet?

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
10-22-2014, 09:09 PM
100% youd have to be a retard or Lebron nutgobbler to disagree

HOoopCityJones
10-22-2014, 09:14 PM
Let the excuses begin.

We're now downgrading the recent what, 2nd team all NBAer, All star game MVP and FIBA MVP?

It's amazing how fast Lebron's stans adapt his down playing attitude. "We're not the best Team, we're still working through chemistry issues. Bulls are the better Team just based off of chemistry"

"Kyrie's not a star" :roll:

How to people fall for this frauds bullshit?

JT123
10-22-2014, 09:19 PM
Let the excuses begin.

What is your criteria for a superstar? Mine is someone who can be the best player on a Championship team. Seeing as Kyrie can't even make the playoffs in one of the weakest conferences ever, he certainly doesn't fit the criteria for best player on a Championship team.
Those accolades you listed make him nothing more than an All Star. :confusedshrug:

JT123
10-22-2014, 09:21 PM
It's amazing how fast Lebron's stans adapt his down playing attitude. "We're not the best Team, we're still working through chemistry issues. Bulls are the better Team just based off of chemistry"

"Kyrie's not a star" :roll:

How to people fall for this frauds bullshit?
I never said Kyrie wasn't a star, I said he's not a superstar. There is a difference between the two. See my previous post for further explanation.

Smoke117
10-22-2014, 09:24 PM
Let the excuses begin.

He's not a superstar Droid, you stupid son of a bitch.

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
10-22-2014, 09:30 PM
I never said Kyrie wasn't a star, I said he's not a superstar. There is a difference between the two. See my previous post for further explanation.
Kyrie is a top 5 PG and top 15 player

JT123
10-22-2014, 09:38 PM
Shouldn't a top 5 point guard be able to make the playoffs in an all time weak conference? :confusedshrug:
CP3
Westbrook
Curry
Rose
Parker

Which one of those guys is Kyrie better than?

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
10-22-2014, 09:42 PM
Shouldn't a top 5 point guard be able to make the playoffs in an all time weak conference? :confusedshrug:
CP3
Westbrook
Curry
Rose
Parker

Which one of those guys is Kyrie better than?
Parker.
When youre benches in the 4th constantly for Patty Mills with ur SG orchestrating the offense youre not a top 5 PG. The Spurs were blowing out nikkas when Tony was sitting

HOoopCityJones
10-22-2014, 09:44 PM
He's not a superstar Droid, you stupid son of a bitch.

Look bro, some things are just obvious , if you don't see Superstar stardom coming for Kyrie (prob after this season especially) then I have some Volcano insurance to sell you.

It's a short list, but it's obvious who in the next generation NBA can and will reach Superstar tier.

Anthony Davis
Kyrie Irving
Kawhi Leonard
Steph Curry
Damarcus Cousins
John Wall

That's from possible to least possible. So please stop acting like Kyrie is just some above average contributor like Nick Young or something.

I bet if Lebron told you his piss had the cure for Cancer, you'd drink it.

Hey Yo
10-22-2014, 09:50 PM
Look bro, some things are just obvious , if you don't see Superstar stardom coming for Kyrie (prob after this season especially) then I have some Volcano insurance to sell you.

It's a short list, but it's obvious who in the next generation NBA can and will reach Superstar tier.

Anthony Davis
Kyrie Irving
Kawhi Leonard
Steph Curry
Damarcus Cousins
John Wall

That's from possible to least possible. So please stop acting like Kyrie is just some above average contributor like Nick Young or something.

I bet if Lebron told you his piss had the cure for Cancer, you'd drink it.
How can Kyrie become a superstar if all James does is allegedly make teammates worse?

JT123
10-22-2014, 10:08 PM
How can Kyrie become a superstar if all James does is allegedly make teammates worse?
Good question, which is why I find it hilarious that certain posters are always bitching about him having too much help, while at the same time claiming he turns stars into scrubs. :lol

ThatCoolKid
10-22-2014, 10:32 PM

Kyrie is a whiny little kid who values aesthetics over good basketball and is possibly the worst defending starter in the league. Kevin Love is a whiny little kid who statpads to inflate his massive ego and challenges Kyrie's defensive laziness on a nightly basis.

If Lebron can turn this losers into winners, it would be testament to his team building abilities.

Lebron makes a team win. Period.

masonanddixon
10-23-2014, 12:12 AM
lebron is only the best player now because everyone else is old. He wouldn't be a top 5 player in the early-mid 2000s. If I had to win a game 7, I still wouldn't take him now over a 36 year old Dirk

DonDadda59
10-23-2014, 01:20 AM
Anyone who believes Bron went back to CLE because he 'missed home' is a gullible idiot, plain and simple. It was as opportunistic a ring-chasing move as his original 'decision'. He saw how badly SA thrashed his aging, injured Miami squad and decided to trade in his bestest buddies for some younger all star talent.

The man is on record that had Miami won the championship this past June, he would've stayed put.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/more-sports/basketball/lebron-james-admits-that-another-nba-title-would-have-kept-him-at-miami-heat/story-e6frf3f3-1227071284729?nk=031e01eca69e1ff2d7d06cf141634055 :facepalm

And Rappaport had an excellent point at the end about James leaving again. If the chemistry doesn't work out, or there are chronic injuries, etc and CLE doesn't win the 'ship in the next 2 years... dude will decide to go somewhere else and try to stack the deck with a new group of all star 'best friends'.

Milbuck
10-23-2014, 01:25 AM
Anyone who believes Bron went back to CLE because he 'missed home' is a gullible idiot, plain and simple. It was as opportunistic a ring-chasing move as his original 'decision'. He saw how badly SA thrashed his aging, injured Miami squad and decided to trade in his bestest buddies for some younger all star talent.

The man is on record that had Miami won the championship this past June, he would've stayed put.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/more-sports/basketball/lebron-james-admits-that-another-nba-title-would-have-kept-him-at-miami-heat/story-e6frf3f3-1227071284729?nk=031e01eca69e1ff2d7d06cf141634055 :facepalm

And Rappaport had an excellent point at the end about James leaving again. If the chemistry doesn't work out, or there are chronic injuries, etc and CLE doesn't win the 'ship in the next 2 years... dude will decide to go somewhere else and try to stack the deck with a new group of all star 'best friends'.
You may be right but it's gonna be pretty hard to screw up Lebron-Kyrie-Love-Varejao-Waiters-Thompson-Marion-Miller etc with a (going by reputation) brilliant coach. There's just way, way too much talent on that team..at the very least I see the big 3 working out, and anyone else causing problems would be sent packing. Injuries though, I guess.

Mr. Jabbar
10-23-2014, 01:32 AM
http://s1.postimg.org/lk7n1jkuz/abbort.png

DonDadda59
10-23-2014, 01:32 AM
You may be right but it's gonna be pretty hard to screw up Lebron-Kyrie-Love-Varejao-Waiters-Thompson-Marion-Miller etc with a (going by reputation) brilliant coach. There's just way, way too much talent on that team..at the very least I see the big 3 working out, and anyone else causing problems would be sent packing. Injuries though, I guess.

Yeah, if the Cavs experiment doesn't work out it would most likely be that (although Love was extremely inconsistent in the preseason). Love, Varejao, and Kyrie all had major injury issues the past 2 seasons that kept them out for significant stretches.

SyRyanYang
10-23-2014, 04:51 AM
Stephen A sucking Lebron's D as usual, nothing to see here

Blue&Orange
10-23-2014, 04:59 AM

First off, comparing Kyrie at this stage of his career to Wade is just :facepalm

2007-08 Miami Heat with a 26 old Wade -> 15-67 :roll:

#LeExcuses #LeGIVENnotEarned

InspiredLebowski
10-23-2014, 05:05 AM
Michael Rappaport does twitter searches for his name. Not his mentions, his name. Tells you all you need to know.

masonanddixon
10-23-2014, 05:09 AM
Michael Rappaport does twitter searches for his name. Not his mentions, his name. Tells you all you need to know.

Whatever that means, he's still right here about Lebron

russwest0
10-23-2014, 05:51 AM
Whatever that means, he's still right here about Lebron

Yep.

tomtucker
10-23-2014, 06:07 AM
agree..........

http://coedbc.files.wordpress.com/2013/03/lebron-is-a-tshirt-rondo.jpg

Megabox!
10-23-2014, 07:11 AM
lebron is only the best player now because everyone else is old. He wouldn't be a top 5 player in the early-mid 2000s. If I had to win a game 7, I still wouldn't take him now over a 36 year old Dirk
The f*ck did I just read?

Brokenbeat
10-23-2014, 09:42 AM
agree..........

http://coedbc.files.wordpress.com/2013/03/lebron-is-a-tshirt-rondo.jpg

:roll: :applause: :roll:

3peated
10-23-2014, 09:58 AM
It's stupid that people want to hold athlete's to some godtier standard, they like everyone are looking for the best situation for them to work in.

tomtucker
10-23-2014, 01:42 PM
It's stupid that people want to hold athlete's to some godtier standard, they like everyone are looking for the best situation for them to work in.

without fans and their money, NBA players would be nothing

pegasus
10-23-2014, 01:57 PM
I'm glad someone finally spoke the truth.:applause:

Dengness9
10-23-2014, 02:21 PM

Care to comment on why LBGays letter only mentioned Kyrie, Dion, Andy, Tristian, no mention of Wiggins or Bennett?

He wasn't excited and or didn't see ANY promise in the last 2 #1 picks? Riiiiiigggghhhhhhttttt

Oh yeah that's right, because it was set in stone Love was coming. You must be a complete nut licker or more gullible than a child if you didn't see through that.

lilteapot
10-23-2014, 02:28 PM
Care to comment on why LBGays letter only mentioned Kyrie, Dion, Andy, Tristian, no mention of Wiggins or Bennett?

He wasn't excited and or didn't see ANY promise in the last 2 #1 picks? Riiiiiigggghhhhhhttttt

Oh yeah that's right, because it was set in stone Love was coming. You must be a complete nut licker or more gullible than a child if you didn't see through that.
Lol Chicago fans stay being salty. Also lol @ you calling him gay when his nuts are living rent-free inside your head.

Dengness9
10-23-2014, 02:49 PM
Lol Chicago fans stay being salty. Also lol @ you calling him gay when his nuts are living rent-free inside your head.

You didn't lol when you read it, you got upset.

You the one talking about Lefrauds nuts not me, so using your logic his nuts are in your mouth rent free.

Care to answer my original question? I see you tip toed that shit out of it.

I spoke the truth, you just got emotional and homosexual.:pimp:

Fudge
10-23-2014, 02:53 PM
You didn't lol when you read it, you got upset.

You the one talking about Lefrauds nuts not me, so using your logic his nuts are in your mouth rent free.

Care to answer my original question? I see you tip toed that shit out of it.

I spoke the truth, you just got emotional and homosexual.:pimp:
He's been acting very aggressive towards everybody lately, including me. Don't mind him.

He might be going through personal struggles at the moment.

Dengness9
10-23-2014, 03:30 PM
He's been acting very aggressive towards everybody lately, including me. Don't mind him.

He might be going through personal struggles at the moment.

Word

Hey Yo
10-23-2014, 03:40 PM

How about this douche bag?

The draft was June 26th and LeBron said he was going back to Cleveland on July 11th.

Care to comment as to why LeBron was so happy that the Heat was able to draft Shabazz Napier in the first round? Why take the time to tweet out how happy he was if he knew long ago that he was going back to Cleveland and Love would end up there also???

Just be happy that Mr. muscle memory is back healthy, for now

JT123
10-23-2014, 03:44 PM

The draft was June 26th and LeBron said he was going back to Cleveland on July 11th.

Care to comment as to why LeBron was so happy that the Heat was able to draft Shabazz Napier in the first round? Why take the time to tweet out how happy he was if he knew long ago that he was going back to Cleveland and Love would end up there also???

Just be happy that Mr. muscle memory is back healthy, for nowhttp://static1.gamespot.com/uploads/original/767/7672287/2549171-8205541386-Kevin.gif

Brizzly
10-23-2014, 03:49 PM

You do realize that sometime between June 26 and July 11 he spoke to Kevin and he knew the deal was done. Before that his best option was staying with Miami, when he saw a chance to hop on another super team he jumped on it.

russwest0
10-23-2014, 03:51 PM
The instant Cleveland got the #1 pick in the draft I knew that LeBron was going there. I made a thread promising it long before anyone else in the media was. It got deleted but the cache version of it is probably still out there.

JT123
10-23-2014, 03:53 PM
You do realize that sometime between June 26 and July 11 he spoke to Kevin and he knew the deal was done. Before that his best option was staying with Miami, when he saw a chance to hop on another super team he jumped on it.
Not according to Love. Love said Lebron called him AFTER he announced he was returning to Cleveland. Why would Lebron do that if the deal was already done?

Hey Yo
10-23-2014, 03:59 PM
"LeBron signed to come back with the Cleveland Cavaliers, and a just few hours post he called me and I said, "you know what, 'I'm in,' " Love said "That had a lot to do with my decision."
POST......meaning after James signed.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/11203027/lebron-james-says-returning-cleveland-cavaliers

RedBlackAttack
10-23-2014, 03:59 PM
Not according to Love. Love said Lebron called him AFTER he announced he was returning to Cleveland. Why would Lebron do that if the deal was already done?
It doesn't really matter all that much. It was made public knowledge during the draft via Love's agent that he'd stay in Cleveland longterm if James were here. I'm sure when Gilbert and Griffin met with LeBron, their pitch included an ability to add Kevin Love via trade.

Windhorst and others have reported that the Cavs were shooting for the moon with a potential LeBron/Love move a couple years ago and that plan solidified sometime during this past season. Love was always a part of the equation whether he had officially been contacted or not. LeBron knew the kind of assets the Cavs had to make that trade happen.

Brizzly
10-23-2014, 04:03 PM
"LeBron signed to come back with the Cleveland Cavaliers, and a just few hours post he called me and I said, "you know what, 'I'm in,' " Love said "That had a lot to do with my decision."
POST......meaning after James signed.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/11203027/lebron-james-says-returning-cleveland-cavaliers
Which means he had talked to him earlier, hence the "you know what, i'm in". Love said he was also in and he then made the decision to go to Cle.

MavsPoke
10-23-2014, 04:39 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V29O-T6yvSc

Agree or disagree with him?

I'm not sure I 100% agree or disagree with him, but that sure was entertaining. I love it when people are passionate about their basketball. Great stuff.

chazzy
10-23-2014, 04:41 PM

So you think it's just a convenient coincidence that he left out the players involved in the trade for Love in his announcement?

pauk
10-23-2014, 04:42 PM
Who the hell is that? To lazy to google / am not american enough to know all these basketball nobodies.

JT123
10-23-2014, 04:48 PM
Who the hell is that? To lazy to google / am not american enough to know all these basketball nobodies.
:lol He's an actor. He's a phony too. First he's mad at the King for leaving Cleveland, and now he's mad at him for going back. :rolleyes:

FlashDwyaneWade3
10-23-2014, 04:50 PM
:lol He's an actor. He's a phony too. First he's mad at the King for leaving Cleveland, and now he's mad at him for going back. :rolleyes:
He mad at LeBron for leaving Cleveland cause he embarrassed Cleveland on live TV.

Ai2death
10-23-2014, 05:00 PM
So if Michael Rapaport made an expensive movie that absolutely bombed in the theaters, is he going to come back to the sequel and try to make the next one better? C'mon, it's a business and Lebron never really belonged in Miami to begin with.

This is the worst comparison ever, please don't breed :facepalm

Also, i see this thread slowly turning into anoth Lebron Stan Circle Jerk Thread,

Fvck Lebron, ring chasing hoe.

:banana:

JT123
10-23-2014, 05:26 PM
This is the worst comparison ever, please don't breed :facepalm

Also, i see this thread slowly turning into anoth Lebron Stan Circle Jerk Thread,

Fvck Lebron, ring chasing hoe.

:banana:
It's actually a perfect analogy. If Rapaport made a movie franchise with the first 3 movies being pretty successful, but the 4th one bombing worse than any movie in Hollywood history, he would realize that he had done all he could with said movie franchise and that it was time for a change. :confusedshrug:

JT123
10-23-2014, 05:28 PM
He mad at LeBron for leaving Cleveland cause he embarrassed Cleveland on live TV.
Um, he's from New York. Why would he give a shit about the city of Cleveland being embarrassed? :lol
Rapaport is just like the posters on this site. He was only upset because he doesn't think Lebron should be allowed to play with other good players.

Ai2death
10-23-2014, 05:34 PM
Um, he's from New York. Why would he give a shit about the city of Cleveland being embarrassed? :lol
Rapaport is just like the posters on this site. He was only upset because he doesn't think Lebron should be allowed to play with other good players.

Obviously not you though, he has been a fan of the Knicks through thick and thin.

Ai2death
10-23-2014, 05:35 PM
It's actually a perfect analogy. If Rapaport made a movie franchise with the first 3 movies being pretty successful, but the 4th one bombing worse than any movie in Hollywood history, he would realize that he had done all he could with said movie franchise and that it was time for a change. :confusedshrug:

:facepalm

Sarcastic
10-23-2014, 05:45 PM
Damn this dude got LeBron stans shook the way Abbot shook Kobe stans.

Denitron
10-23-2014, 06:00 PM
Rapaport is entertaining as fvck :applause:

Has a great podcast too :bowdown:

Brizzly
10-23-2014, 06:03 PM
Goat actor, starred in the best sitcom ever, the war at home.

And he just made a 30 4 30 documentary about the knicks

JT123
10-23-2014, 06:22 PM
Goat actor, starred in the best sitcom ever, the war at home.

And he just made a 30 4 30 documentary about the knicks
:oldlol: That show was terrible. He did okay on Prison Break though.

20Four
10-23-2014, 06:23 PM

Jameer.....lol what happened to your main account?

JT123
10-23-2014, 06:32 PM
Jameer.....lol what happened to your main account?
What happened to your coin24 account? :lol

Dengness9
10-23-2014, 07:18 PM
It doesn't really matter all that much. It was made public knowledge during the draft via Love's agent that he'd stay in Cleveland longterm if James were here. I'm sure when Gilbert and Griffin met with LeBron, their pitch included an ability to add Kevin Love via trade.

Windhorst and others have reported that the Cavs were shooting for the moon with a potential LeBron/Love move a couple years ago and that plan solidified sometime during this past season. Love was always a part of the equation whether he had officially been contacted or not. LeBron knew the kind of assets the Cavs had to make that trade happen.

Jt123(alt) and Hey Yo, I see you didn't answer back to this.

Dengness9
10-23-2014, 07:20 PM
Which means he had talked to him earlier, hence the "you know what, i'm in". Love said he was also in and he then made the decision to go to Cle.

JT123
10-23-2014, 07:23 PM
Dengness9 (fggt) stalking my conversations. :sleeping

Dengness9
10-23-2014, 07:25 PM
So you think it's just a convenient coincidence that he left out the players involved in the trade for Love in his announcement?

I mean are you girls really that blind? Because it's not that hard to comprehend for anybody with any kind of intelligence or objectivity.

He left out the players getting traded because he knew Love was coming.

Wiggins is one of the most hyped up prospects In years but Lebron isn't gonna talk about him and Dion or Tristan instead? :rolleyes:

Idiots.

Dengness9
10-23-2014, 07:29 PM
Dengness9 (fggt) stalking my conversations. :sleeping

You're the one speculating on Dyck size in another thread. Don't try to pull me into your closet.

You have no answer to any of the comments, and it's mildly entertaining because you are so dumb.

Dengness9
10-23-2014, 07:32 PM
Jt123, rolling with Miami this year?

FLDFSU
10-23-2014, 08:05 PM
How come Carmelo Anthony didn't go to Cleveland and form a big three of Love, Irving, and Anthony? Why didn't Bosh go and do the same thing? Or Wade or any number of the big free agents this summer?

And saying in Miami-the most stacked team of all time-wouldn't that be easier than going to a team that just won 33 games-in the weakest conference of all time?

masonanddixon
10-23-2014, 08:40 PM
The f*ck did I just read?

Which part do you not understand?

Shaq, Kobe, Duncan, would all be better, and I believe Dirk, Wade, KG, were also superior to lebron.

Dengness9
10-23-2014, 09:03 PM
How come Carmelo Anthony didn't go to Cleveland and form a big three of Love, Irving, and Anthony? Why didn't Bosh go and do the same thing? Or Wade or any number of the big free agents this summer?

And saying in Miami-the most stacked team of all time-wouldn't that be easier than going to a team that just won 33 games-in the weakest conference of all time?

I'm really confused by this post.

Lebron knew he would be aligned with younger prime talent in Cleveland moving forward. Obviously.

And to answer your confusing questions.... Carmelo Anthony has no connections or desire to play in Cleveland, Ohio. Wade and Bosh? They weren't in the Cavs plans nor did they want to play for that franchise in 2014 or 2010.

Only reason Love is there is because he's been in miserable Minny with no playoff action. Hell Kyrie wanted out of Cleveland last year depending on what you heard.

ILLsmak
10-23-2014, 09:13 PM
haha at him raising his hand. Also at him pointing at the video of Stephen A. that's funny shit.

I don't think Bron has the balls to leave Cleveland again. He'd be better to just retire.

-Smak

Mr Exlax
10-23-2014, 11:47 PM
How does one ring chase, but lead his team in points, rebs, assists, etc etc? Players ringchase the moment they sign a contract. That's if they're actually trying to be part of a team that wins.

Magic 32
10-23-2014, 11:50 PM
How does one ring chase, but lead his team in points, rebs, assists, etc etc? Players ringchase the moment they sign a contract. That's if they're actually trying to be part of a team that wins.

Easy to lead your team in rebounds and assists when you force your all-star PF to be a spot-up perimeter shooter and dominates the ball.

Mr Exlax
10-23-2014, 11:52 PM
Easy to lead your team in rebounds and assists when you force your all-star PF to be a spot-up perimeter shooter and dominates the ball.

I didn't ask you if you thought it was easy. I didn't ask how you felt he went about leading his team in all those categories. I asked how is one considered a ring chaser when he won MVP and FMVP.

Magic 32
10-24-2014, 12:00 AM
I didn't ask you if you thought it was easy. I didn't ask how you felt he went about leading his team in all those categories. I asked how is one considered a ring chaser when he won MVP and FMVP.

You force great players to become luxury role players and play in a depleted and weak conference. Recipe for regular season awards.

His FMVP's?

meh.

Lucky to have more than one.

Still stacked the deck.

Done_And_Done
10-24-2014, 04:16 AM
I actually agree with his broader point. I am absolutely not a fan of the star players deciding collectively to team up in their primes. I didn't like it when it was happening in Miami and I don't like it now that it has happened in Cleveland. I don't think it is healthy for the league or conducive for an ultra competitive league.

I also think the "coming home" thing is a bit overblown by an eager media looking to exploit the easiest and most accessible storyline. Truth is, he saw the Cavs' ability to pull off other big moves and the young talent already on board.

If those assets weren't available here, he'd be back in Miami.

That said, Rappaport is being disingenuous when he says that's the reason he wasn't a fan of this move. I heard him on Howard Stern right after LeBron's letter was published and all he talked about was his disdain for Dan Gilbert. He just doesn't like that the Cavs are now the most relevant team in basketball again... he's just decided on a different approach to that end, apparently.

Love the transparency man. This is exactly why you're consistently one of best posters on this board.

Nash
10-24-2014, 06:21 AM
cleveland are stacked because of lebron. basically any team with lebron would be called stacked.

Lebron in Milwaukee? With greek freak, Jabari and best shot blocker Sanders? And OJ Mayo, Ilyasova and Henson on the bench? OMG lebron why u so stacked?

Lebron in Atlanta? With Horford, Millsap and Teague? Wow, why you ring chase bron?

Magic 32
10-24-2014, 08:22 AM
cleveland are stacked because of lebron. basically any team with lebron would be called stacked.

Lebron in Milwaukee? With greek freak, Jabari and best shot blocker Sanders? And OJ Mayo, Ilyasova and Henson on the bench? OMG lebron why u so stacked?

Lebron in Atlanta? With Horford, Millsap and Teague? Wow, why you ring chase bron?

None of those players are top 10.

Love is.

IMObjective
10-24-2014, 09:32 AM
Ring chasing doesn't have to mean the player is old and past his prime just because no one before LeBron did it before the end of their prime.

Mr Exlax
10-24-2014, 10:28 AM
Ring chasing doesn't have to mean the player is old and past his prime just because no one before LeBron did it before the end of their prime.

What exactly is a ring chaser then? I thought it was every single player that steps on the court.

FLDFSU
10-24-2014, 10:57 AM
I'm really confused by this post.

Lebron knew he would be aligned with younger prime talent in Cleveland moving forward. Obviously.

And to answer your confusing questions.... Carmelo Anthony has no connections or desire to play in Cleveland, Ohio. Wade and Bosh? They weren't in the Cavs plans nor did they want to play for that franchise in 2014 or 2010.

Only reason Love is there is because he's been in miserable Minny with no playoff action. Hell Kyrie wanted out of Cleveland last year depending on what you heard.

If Lebron knew he would be aligned with younger prime talent in Cleveland, why didn't Anthony (or any other star free agent) run to Cleveland? Does Lebron have special powers to allow him to see into the future?

Lebron was literally the ONLY free agent willing to go to Cleveland. If Cleveland had all this young talent just bursting at the seams why did Deng run out of Cleveland at the first chance. Why weren't there a bunch of coaches lining up to coach the next great team of young talent?

As people have previously stated, the reason why is because WITHOUT LEBRON Cleveland is not a contender.

ANY TEAM THAT LEBRON ENDS UP ON IS STACKED. IF LEBRON WAS IN MIAMI NOW, ISH WOULD BE COMPLAINING ABOUT HOW STACKED THE HEAT ARE WITH LEBRON.

Now that Lebron is in Cleveland, and the Heat is bring back basically the same roster, ISH doesn't even think "the most stacked team of all time" 3 months ago will make it out of the second round of the East.

If Lebron would have went to NYC or CHA or BOS or LAL or DAL or ORL or PHI you would be complaining about how stacked those teams are.

DMV2
10-24-2014, 11:08 AM
Some good points by Rapaport. Make your damn mind, Bron.

stalkerforlife
10-24-2014, 11:15 AM
Lebron took the cowardly way out again to win titles.

Any rational, logical, unbiased, objective fan knows that.

And that's exactly why he can never be a top 10 great.

mehyaM24
10-24-2014, 11:19 AM
every team lebron goes to - no matter how dire the circumstances - they're contenders.

cleveland was a lotto team last year - lebron singlehandedly makes them relevant again. heat are predicated to barely make the playoffs.. with lebron, though, they are TITLE contenders.

GOAT gonna GOAT

Nash
10-24-2014, 11:26 AM
Heat goes from super stacked to predicted 6-8 seed?

2010 Cleveland goes from 60+ win team to worst losing streak in NBA history?

2014 Cleveland from being a lottery team to super stacked?

Magic 32
10-24-2014, 11:29 AM
every team lebron goes to - no matter how dire the circumstances - they're contenders.

cleveland was a lotto team last year - lebron singlehandedly makes them relevant again. heat are predicated to barely make the playoffs.. with lebron, though, they are TITLE contenders.

GOAT gonna GOAT

I would be impressed if Lebron didn't spend his career in a D-league conference.

And two out three of his teams has been stacked beyond fairness.

mehyaM24
10-24-2014, 11:29 AM

yup

I would be impressed if Lebron didn't spend his career in a D-league conference.

And two out three of his teams has been stacked beyond fairness.
eh, eastern conference defense > western conference.

Magic 32
10-24-2014, 11:31 AM

When you add two top 10 players. DUH

And the 2011 Cavs had almost none of the 2010 players on the roster.

And we don't know what will happen to the Heat this year.

Magic 32
10-24-2014, 11:31 AM
yup
eh, eastern conference defense > western conference.

No wonder you love Lebron.

Nash
10-24-2014, 11:34 AM
When you add two top 10 players. DUH

And the 2011 Cavs had almost none of the 2010 players on the roster.

And we don't know what will happen to the Heat this year.
So.. Irving and Love go from never being in the playoffs to super duper stacked?

mehyaM24
10-24-2014, 11:34 AM
No wonder you love Lebron.
http://espn.go.com/nba/statistics/team/_/stat/defense-per-game/sort/avgPointsOpponent

chicago, indiana, charlotte, and miami all in the top 5. :eek:

cleveland will probably make that top 5 this season.

Magic 32
10-24-2014, 11:40 AM
http://espn.go.com/nba/statistics/team/_/stat/defense-per-game/sort/avgPointsOpponent

chicago, indiana, charlotte, and miami all in the top 5. :eek:

cleveland will probably make that top 5 this season.

We always think the east will get better.

And it always ends up getting worse.

It's been like that for 16 years.

Magic 32
10-24-2014, 11:46 AM
So.. Irving and Love go from never being in the playoffs to super duper stacked?

Love plays in the west and is arguble the best player never to have played in the PO.

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/05/22/is-kevin-love-the-best-player-who-didnt-make-the-playoffs-in-his-first-six-seasons/

And then you add the 2013 All-star MVP.

Stacked.

DatAsh
10-24-2014, 04:20 PM

I wouldn't really call last year's Heat "super stacked". They only won 54 games and were 7th in SRS. Take from that James, Allen, and Battier, as well as another year of likely sharp decline for Wade, and I don't see that as all that indicative of much.

With Cleveland you've got a 20-22 year old core who could very well improve to 40+ wins off experience alone. Add to that a 26/13/4 power forward as well as the best player in the game. They're clearly the most talented team in the league, but as we've seen with the Spurs the past few years, talent isn't everything.

I do agree with something you said earlier though about Lebron though. Lebron's good enough on his own to turn most mid-tier teams into contenders and turn most playoff teams into favorites.

FLDFSU
10-24-2014, 07:18 PM

GOAT gonna GOAT

They are not just TITLE contenders, per ISH, the Heat with Lebron are the most stacked team of all time. Now suddenly without Lebron, the Heat should be happy to make the playoffs in the weakest conference of all time.

Andrei89
10-25-2014, 07:31 AM
I dont trust what this guy says since he screwed Michael Scofield in Prison Break.

Guy is a con artist.

Asukal
10-25-2014, 08:11 AM
Had a lot of people fooled with that letter drama bs. Then suddenly he got wiggins traded and got klove to form another big 3. :facepalm

Bran is easily the most beta ATG alongside 20k women guy. :oldlol:

3ball
10-25-2014, 08:19 AM
Last year, the Heat were the only team with 3 all-stars... This year, the Cavs are the only team with 3 all-stars... :banghead:

The decline in Bosh's numbers from a 24/12 franchise player to a 16/6 floor-spreader resulted entirely from the brand of basketball imposed on the team by Lebron's playing style.

Other than the 50's Celtics, 80's Celtics, and 80's Lakers, the Heat with Lebron were the most stacked team of all time - literally the equivalent of Jordan, McHale and Drexler teaming up...

I would never respect Jordan or his rings if he did some ***** shit like that, because like Rappaport said, ANYONE can do that... Championships won the bitch-way can't be compared to guys that hung in there to win theirs, such as Kobe, Jordan, Duncan, Dirk, and Hakeem.

mehyaM24
10-25-2014, 11:20 AM
Last year, the Heat were the only team with 3 all-stars... This year, the Cavs are the only team with 3 all-stars... :banghead:

The decline in Bosh's numbers from a 24/12 franchise player to a 16/6 floor-spreader resulted entirely from the brand of basketball imposed on the team by Lebron's playing style.

Other than the 50's Celtics, 80's Celtics, and 80's Lakers, the Heat with Lebron were the most stacked team of all time - literally the equivalent of Jordan, McHale and Drexler teaming up...

I would never respect Jordan or his rings if he did some ***** shit like that, because like Rappaport said, ANYONE can do that... Championships won the bitch-way can't be compared to guys that hung in there to win theirs, such as Kobe, Jordan, Duncan, Dirk, and Hakeem.

before pippen was drafted and phil jackson became a headcoach, jordan was just 1-9 in the playoffs. he only won ONCE "awarded" a top 5 player in the 90's and the GOAT headcoach(arguably).

the bulls, especially with rodman, were the most stacked team not named the 60s celtics. just saying.

mehyaM24
10-25-2014, 11:22 AM
They are not just TITLE contenders, per ISH, the Heat with Lebron are the most stacked team of all time
without lebron, miami will barely make the playoffs (or so they're predicted to). #STACKED

crisoner
10-25-2014, 11:26 AM
I see what Rapaport is saying....

But I still give LeBron kudos for going back to Cleveland.

3ball
10-25-2014, 11:57 AM
before pippen was drafted and phil jackson became a headcoach, jordan was just 1-9 in the playoffs. he only won ONCE "awarded" a top 5 player in the 90's and the GOAT headcoach(arguably).

the bulls, especially with rodman, were the most stacked team not named the 60s celtics. just saying.
if the bulls were so stacked, why didn't they ever have a third scoring option?... lebron had an all-star for his team's 3rd option.

if the bulls were so stacked, why did jordan need to average more ppg than anyone in history to win his championships??

if the bulls were so stacked, why did jordan need to have the highest usage of all time to win his championships?? (usage = size of role in team's offense, shot attempts)

if the bulls were so stacked, why did jordan have to contribute more to his team's wins than any player in history (Win Shares.. WS/48)???

if the bulls were so stacked, why did jordan need to have the highest PER of all time to win his championships?

if lebron's teams aren't more stacked, how does he win championships with less production than Jordan?

mehyaM24
10-25-2014, 12:58 PM
if the bulls were so stacked, why didn't they ever have a third scoring option?... lebron had an all-star for his team's 3rd option.you dont need a third scoring option i

if the bulls were so stacked, why did jordan need to average more ppg than anyone in history to win his championships??

if the bulls were so stacked, why did jordan need to have the highest usage of all time to win his championships?? (usage = size of role in team's offense, shot attempts)

if the bulls were so stacked, why did jordan have to contribute more to his team's wins than any player in history (Win Shares.. WS/48)???

if the bulls were so stacked, why did jordan need to have the highest PER of all time to win his championships?

a few things:

A) you dont need a third scoring option, if you have another top 5 player beside you - a teammate who is running the offense, defense and is the leader of a lockeroom. TWO top 5 players with a top 10 PF and amazing shooting, elite coaching and defense will win you titles.

B) points per game is just one aspect of the game. what about defense, rebounding, playmaking (assists), playcalling, and leadership? pippen filled in all the quotas, thus turning around jordan's ABYSMAL 1-9 playoff record to 6-for-6 in the finals.

C) usage is skewed by shots attempted. jordan was a ballhog FWIW

D) same as C. that doesn't negate the bulls' bread and butter: scottie pippen, phil jackson and defense (remember: 1-9 in the playoffs before pippen and phil).

E) same as D and E

if lebron's teams aren't more stacked, how does he win championships with less production than Jordan?

lebron and bird are the only players that led their teams IN ALL major statistical categories, en route to a title. just some food for thought.

HurricaneKid
10-25-2014, 01:25 PM
Which part do you not understand?

Shaq, Kobe, Duncan, would all be better, and I believe Dirk, Wade, KG, were also superior to lebron.

He doesn't understand how someone so stupid managed to get online.

I concur.

Simple Jack
10-26-2014, 12:16 AM
It's funny how the narrative changes. Prior to Bron going back, plenty of people were insisting he wouldn't because they didn't have enough talent and were too young to compete for a title...at least for a few years.

Now...the team is stacked and the easiest route to win a chip?

You aren't ring chasing if YOU are the reason the team is contending for titles year in year out. It's not as if the Cavaliers were some powerhouse team making ECF every year, and just happened to add LeBron to the roster. They went a from horrible, out of the playoffs team, to title contenders/favorites simply because of LeBron.

Ring chasing is Malone and Payton heading to the Lakers to play with proven winners in Shaq and Kobe. Not heading to a team which hasn't made the playoffs since said player left and experienced the worst losing streak of all time.

3ball
10-26-2014, 12:34 AM
rappaport with the real talk.... :applause: :bowdown:

3ball
10-26-2014, 12:35 AM
They went a from horrible, out of the playoffs team, to title contenders/favorites simply because of LeBron.

not true - they went from a trash team to favorite to win it all because lebron AND love made the cavs the only team in the nba with 3 all-stars.

just like miami was favorites because they ALSO were the only team itl with 3 all-stars.

let's see if lebron can lose as the favorite again... :banana:

FLDFSU
10-26-2014, 12:38 AM
It's funny how the narrative changes. Prior to Bron going back, plenty of people were insisting he wouldn't because they didn't have enough talent and were too young to compete for a title...at least for a few years.

Now...the team is stacked and the easiest route to win a chip?

You aren't ring chasing if YOU are the reason the team is contending for titles year in year out. It's not as if the Cavaliers were some powerhouse team making ECF every year, and just happened to add LeBron to the roster. They went a from horrible, out of the playoffs team, to title contenders/favorites simply because of LeBron.

Ring chasing is Malone and Payton heading to the Lakers to play with proven winners in Shaq and Kobe. Not heading to a team which hasn't made the playoffs since said player left and experienced the worst losing streak of all time.

:facepalm ISH is embarrassing...The minute Lebron leaves the Heat go from an historically "stacked" team to the Cavs having "a better core than the old, wore-out" Heat.

FLDFSU
10-26-2014, 12:45 AM
not true - they went from a trash team to favorite to win it all because lebron AND love made the cavs the only team in the nba with 3 all-stars.

just like miami was favorites because they ALSO were the only team itl with 3 all-stars.

let's see if lebron can lose as the favorite again... :banana:

How much you wanna bet if all things remain the same, Kevin Love is not in Cleveland without James.

But for, James in Cleveland, Love would not be in Cleveland, therefore James presence in Cleveland makes them title contenders.

russwest0
10-26-2014, 12:55 AM
How much you wanna bet if all things remain the same, Kevin Love is not in Cleveland without James.

But for, James in Cleveland, Love would not be in Cleveland, therefore James presence in Cleveland makes them title contenders.

Cleveland was a definite upgrade from where he was; with LeBron or with no LeBron.

Springsteen
10-26-2014, 01:48 AM
Cleveland was a definite upgrade from where he was; with LeBron or with no LeBron.

Yeah, because Love totally wanted to commit there before Lebron came back.

c5terror
10-26-2014, 02:47 AM
Michael is being obvious, everyone already know that Lebron james is a known Quitter. He doesn't like pressure and only want an easy way..

Lebron ain't warrior.
next season he might went to thunder with ibaka, durant and westbrook

Miller for 3
10-26-2014, 01:59 PM
Jeanie Buss said it best.

Star players are afraid to play with Kobe because they are scared of the work and effort they need to put in to match him. It is basically impossible.

Lebron is afraid to play without star players because he is afraid of putting in the work and effort to play above .500 basketball in a handchecking scenario. It is basically impossible for a Lebron led team.