PDA

View Full Version : "I don't want to be the next Shaq. I want to be the next Kobe."

HOoopCityJones
10-23-2014, 01:51 AM
- Julius Randle

:bowdown: Godbe

JT123
10-23-2014, 01:53 AM
Bad move, now Shaq is gonna pick on this dude the same way he picks on Dwight. :lol

imnew09
10-23-2014, 01:56 AM
LOL C'mon now :roll: :roll: :lol See ya in Shaq n a fool

Cocaine80s
10-23-2014, 01:57 AM
6'10 260 lbs but would rather play like Kobe lol

j3lademaster
10-23-2014, 02:10 AM
Bad move, now Shaq is gonna pick on this dude the same way he picks on Dwight. :lolIf that's going to affect Randle he's not going to be anything special anyway. He's not Shaq, Lebron talented so he's going to need to work that much harder/ be that much more mentally tougher to be on their level.

Lord Bean
10-23-2014, 02:10 AM
what he mean :biggums:

j3lademaster
10-23-2014, 02:13 AM
what he mean :biggums:Apparently it's how he replied to a question on him going coast to coast. Shaq in his Magic days had some sick coast to coasts though.

ThatCoolKid
10-23-2014, 02:15 AM
http://s1.postimg.org/lk7n1jkuz/abbort.png

outbreak
10-23-2014, 02:16 AM
what he mean :biggums:
He wants to be carried to a ring rather than do the carrying. Smart kid to recognize his talent level early and set his goals realistically

HOoopCityJones
10-23-2014, 02:19 AM
He wants to be carried to a ring rather than do the carrying. Smart kid to recognize his talent level early and set his goals realistically

5 > 4

Playing for one franchise > Journey Man

Shaq had to go get carried by Wade because his pride wouldn't let him pass the torch to Kobe.

Joyner82reload
10-23-2014, 02:37 AM

He's actually 6'7 1/2 without shoes and weighs 250. That's a hell of a lot closer to Kobe's height/weight than Shaq's.

Cocaine80s
10-23-2014, 02:40 AM
He's actually 6'7 1/2 without shoes and weighs 250. That's a hell of a lot closer to Kobe's height/weight than Shaq's.
damn, thats way too small for PF. hes gonna bust

RoseCity07
10-23-2014, 02:40 AM
He's an undersized power forward with a skill set not even close to Kobe's.

oarabbus
10-23-2014, 02:42 AM

This. Who the **** is his half a foot shorter than shaq ass trying to fool. Like Randle could be the next Shaq :rolleyes:

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
10-23-2014, 02:44 AM
Kobe 2 rings 2 FMVP without Shaq
Shaq 1 ring 0 FMVP without Kobe

i can see why............plus Kobe only needed a top 25 2nd best player in Pau to get to the finals. Shaq needed alltime guards for all of his. Penny, Kobe and Wade

RoundMoundOfReb
10-23-2014, 02:46 AM
do some people actually seriously think kobe > shaq?

Joyner82reload
10-23-2014, 02:47 AM
He's an undersized power forward with a skill set not even close to Kobe's.

He has a much better chance at developing Kobe Bryant's basketball ability than growing 6 inches and putting on 100 lbs of muscle

Cocaine80s
10-23-2014, 02:50 AM
He has a much better chance at developing Kobe Bryant's basketball ability than growing 6 inches and putting on 100 lbs of muscle
he has a better shot at bulking up and overpowering opponents like Shaq did.

There is no way in hell this guy will ever handle or shoot like Kobe

bdreason
10-23-2014, 02:50 AM

It's been this way since MJ. Bigmen who want to play like guards and can't play on the post to save their life.

HOoopCityJones
10-23-2014, 02:51 AM
do some people actually seriously think kobe > shaq?

If I was starting a Team and I didn't have any intel on either players future, i'd take Shaq first.

But I think Kob's had the better career. Longevity, one more ring and he stuck with one franchise.

HOoopCityJones
10-23-2014, 02:53 AM
It's been this way since MJ. Bigmen who want to play like guards and can't play on the post to save their life.

Learn something.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gyO4tJ83BII

Post moves+ mid range + ball handling and passing.

:pimp: Why you hatin doe.

RoundMoundOfReb
10-23-2014, 02:53 AM
If I was starting a Team and I didn't have any intel on either players future, i'd take Shaq first.

But I think Kob's had the better career. Longevity, one more ring and he stuck with one franchise.
this has nothing to do with how good one is at basketball...and saying Shaq as a prospect > kobe as a prospect is like saying water is wet..

chazzy
10-23-2014, 02:57 AM
3/4 of an inch less than Griffin but with a bigger wingspan. Same height as Love

HOoopCityJones
10-23-2014, 02:57 AM
this has nothing to do with how good one is at basketball...and saying Shaq as a prospect > kobe as a prospect is like saying water is wet..

You asked my opinion and I gave it. Having the better peak doesn't automatically equate to better , or else Wilt would be considered better than Jordan, probably Oscar too.

Basketball fans have too much bias. If they like a player, they'll give him the benefit of the doubt, but in other instances you'll see them using the same argument against a guy they use to prop up another player.

I'll take Kobe because he's the whole package, winner, loyal, longevity, hard worker and a good number of his own impressive stats last time I checked.

Joyner82reload
10-23-2014, 02:58 AM
he has a better shot at bulking up and overpowering opponents like Shaq did.

There is no way in hell this guy will ever handle or shoot like Kobe

There's a 0% chance this clown could ever overpower someone even close to a level like Shaq. Shaq was the absolute greatest basketball specimen that has ever stepped foot in the NBA.

RoundMoundOfReb
10-23-2014, 02:59 AM
Randle is one of those guys who i'd not sure if he's gonna be really really good or an epic bust...I don't really see a middle ground for him.

HOoopCityJones
10-23-2014, 03:02 AM
Randle is one of those guys who i'd not sure if he's gonna be really really good or an epic bust...I don't really see a middle ground for him.

The potential is there, he just has to not Beasley it up.

Rose'sACL
10-23-2014, 03:02 AM

http://www.foxnews.com/story/2007/05/30/kobe-bryant-asks-for-trade-from-los-angeles-lakers/
good thing he plays for a big market team that had resources to make him happy.
Why do lakers fans act like playing your whole career for lakers is some hard thing for a player and he must be loyal to do it?
The only time it got hard for kobe, he asked for a trade and that too on live radio.
If a superstar plays his whole career for a small market team that can't make any moves to give that superstar a good team then that player is an idiot. Kobe did the right thing by asking for a trade but it gets tiring when lakers fans act like kobe went through what KG went through by losing his whole prime at wolves or even what lebron went through at cavs for 7 seasons.

HOoopCityJones
10-23-2014, 03:03 AM
http://www.foxnews.com/story/2007/05/30/kobe-bryant-asks-for-trade-from-los-angeles-lakers/
good thing he plays for a big market team that had resources to make him happy.
Why do lakers fans act like playing your whole career for lakers is some hard thing for a player and he must be loyal to do it?
The only time it got hard for kobe, he asked for a trade and that too on live radio.
If a superstar plays his whole career for a small market team that can't make any moves to give that superstar a good team then that player is an idiot. Kobe did the right thing by asking for a trade but it gets tiring when lakers fans act like kobe went through what KG went through by losing his whole prime at wolves or even what lebron went through at cavs for 7 seasons.

:sleeping

Cocaine80s
10-23-2014, 03:03 AM
The potential is there, he just has to not Beasley it up.
Beasley is more talented but Randle has him beat mentally.

I dont think ive seen Randle smile before, dude doesnt goof around

HOoopCityJones
10-23-2014, 03:05 AM
Beasley is more talented but Randle has him beat mentally.

I dont think ive seen Randle smile before, dude doesnt goof around

:roll: Beasley can't even do what he's good at correctly. Randle has way more talent than him, he has multi facets to his game. It's funny how people claim to value this but when it's there they remain skeptical.

He smiles, but Byron and Kobe stay on his case.

Cocaine80s
10-23-2014, 03:08 AM
:roll: Beasley can't even do what he's good at correctly. Randle has way more talent than him, he has multi facets to his game. It's funny how people claim to value this but when it's there they remain skeptical.

He smiles, but Byron and Kobe stay on his case.
But he is tho

AintNoSunshine
10-23-2014, 03:15 AM
So basically Lakers will have a lineup of 2 Kobes and a Nick Young? LOL

SyRyanYang
10-23-2014, 03:41 AM
Try to be next Barkley would be more realistic

CavaliersFTW
10-23-2014, 03:44 AM
He plays like Elgin Baylor. He has in no way proven he'll be as good all around obviously... but I've seen his scoring highlights and the way he tries to get inside and has the ability to absorb contact and wave his hands around all over the place with the ball in the air looks almost EXACTLY like Elgin Baylor footage. Someone should show this guy footage of Elgin and tell him to forget about BOTH Kobe and Shaq and keep playing like that.

HOoopCityJones
10-23-2014, 03:59 AM
He plays like Elgin Baylor. He has in no way proven he'll be as good all around obviously... but I've seen his scoring highlights and the way he tries to get inside and has the ability to absorb contact and wave his hands around all over the place with the ball in the air looks almost EXACTLY like Elgin Baylor footage. Someone should show this guy footage of Elgin and tell him to forget about BOTH Kobe and Shaq and keep playing like that.

Randle has some solid defensive plays for us throughout the preseason. When he gets PT.

I don't think he literally meant "play" like Kobe, he just wants to initiate his own offense and not have to be fed. It was a reply about him going from Coast-to-Coast.

Nick Young
10-23-2014, 04:11 AM
Learn something.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gyO4tJ83BII

Post moves+ mid range + ball handling and passing.

:pimp: Why you hatin doe.
ROY

SugarHill
10-23-2014, 04:13 AM
Kobe 2 rings 2 FMVP without Shaq
Shaq 1 ring 0 FMVP without Kobe

i can see why............plus Kobe only needed a top 25 2nd best player in Pau to get to the finals. Shaq needed alltime guards for all of his. Penny, Kobe and Wade

Pau was only top 25, huh? :roll:

Nick Young
10-23-2014, 04:17 AM
Yes. He had never even won a single game in the playoffs before teaming with Kobe.

HOoopCityJones
10-23-2014, 04:19 AM

You suggesting he was Top 15 or 10? :biggums:

Let's not pretend guys like Ray, Garnett, Pierce, Bosh. All of those guys were considered better than Gasol at the time. And that's just out East.

WeGetRing2012
10-23-2014, 04:50 AM
Honestly, his game resembles Lebron more than Kobe or Shaq right now.

SugarHill
10-23-2014, 05:00 AM

Let's not pretend guys like Ray, Garnett, Pierce, Bosh. All of those guys were considered better than Gasol at the time. And that's just out East.

List 20 players that are better than 20/11 on good percentages (playoffs) in 09 and 10. :oldlol:

lmao @ Ray

ImKobe
10-23-2014, 05:04 AM
Honestly, his game resembles Lebron more than Kobe or Shaq right now.

his transition game sure does and the way he bangs in the post

he looks like he could easily be a 18-22 ppg scorer in his prime...he has so much strength and opposing SFs are not able to guard him in the post, you'd have to foul him a lot to keep him away from the rim, and he's been hitting his jump shot, so sagging off him isn't such a great idea either.

It was a great pick for us and the kid will beast as he gets comfortable playing in the NBA. He's one of the main reasons I didn't give up on the team and why I believe the Lakers could be a Playoff team.

ImKobe
10-23-2014, 05:09 AM
List 20 players that are better than 20/11 on good percentages (playoffs) in 09 and 10. :oldlol:

lmao @ Ray

20/11? He averaged 18.9 & 11 with 51% of his baskets being assisted..

HOoopCityJones
10-23-2014, 05:10 AM

lmao @ Ray

Look moe.

Why don't YOU name me 20 players worse than Pau at that time. This is your claim, you back it up.

Anyway you slice it when the Celtic Big three got together in 08, Ray Allen was looked at as the better player.

SexSymbol
10-23-2014, 05:22 AM

Pau Gasol was the best big man in the game, better than Dwight Howard.

Nick Young
10-23-2014, 05:22 AM
his transition game sure does and the way he bangs in the post

he looks like he could easily be a 18-22 ppg scorer in his prime...he has so much strength and opposing SFs are not able to guard him in the post, you'd have to foul him a lot to keep him away from the rim, and he's been hitting his jump shot, so sagging off him isn't such a great idea either.

It was a great pick for us and the kid will beast as he gets comfortable playing in the NBA. He's one of the main reasons I didn't give up on the team and why I believe the Lakers could be a Playoff team.
How's his defense doe?

Nick Young
10-23-2014, 05:24 AM
Pau Gasol was the best big man in the game, better than Dwight Howard.
That revisionist history:roll: :roll: :roll:

The "best big man in the game" was not able to win a single playoff game on his own without Kobe.

If anything, it's Kobe opening up the post down low that gave Pau the space and single coverage to become the "best big man in the game"

ALSO-absolutely NO ONE was calling Pau Gasol the best bigman in the game at that time.:roll: :roll: :roll:

ImKobe
10-23-2014, 05:30 AM
How's his defense doe?

Too early to tell how good he can be on D. Defense is a team effort, a guy can be a great individual defender but if no one rotates or helps out on D, he's going to look bad, Howard in LA is a good example. He did a decent job on D against the Blazers.

Artillery
10-23-2014, 08:48 AM
So he wants to be a sidekick

jlip
10-23-2014, 09:00 AM

This basically.

G0ATbe
10-23-2014, 09:08 AM
:applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:

Brizzly
10-23-2014, 11:39 AM

He is as tall as Kevin Love.

ralph_i_el
10-23-2014, 11:57 AM
Look moe.

Why don't YOU name me 20 players worse than Pau at that time. This is your claim, you back it up.

Anyway you slice it when the Celtic Big three got together in 08, Ray Allen was looked at as the better player.

:applause:

ralph_i_el
10-23-2014, 12:03 PM
There's a 0% chance this clown could ever overpower someone even close to a level like Shaq. Shaq was the absolute greatest basketball specimen that has ever stepped foot in the NBA.

:facepalm The difference is that Randle won't be guarded by 7 footers or anyone over 260lbs. He can shoot and beat them off the dribble, so you have to defend him with a smaller guy...who he can often overpower. He's a 6'8" 250lb ROOKIE.

His ceiling is Griffin without the hops or a poor man's Barkley

Hey Yo
10-23-2014, 12:07 PM
Kobe on Randle.

If you f— this up, you’re a really big idiot. You know what I mean? ESPN are idiots, but you’re a really big idiot if you manage to f— this up.

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/10/23/kobe-bryant-on-julius-randle-playing-with-kobe-for-byron-scott-if-you-f-this-up-youre-a-really-big-idiot/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

KungFuJoe
10-23-2014, 01:12 PM
Randle doesn't have the handle to push the break and he's kinda being a major ballhog right now. I know it's preseason and he's trying to find a groove but I don't think I've seen him pass more than once or twice in the games I've watched.

He's still out of control, too. He's got a nice outside shot, though but he throws up some bricks on some of his drives with a defender on him.

ZeN
10-23-2014, 01:31 PM
Randle doesn't have the handle to push the break and he's kinda being a major ballhog right now. I know it's preseason and he's trying to find a groove but I don't think I've seen him pass more than once or twice in the games I've watched.

He's still out of control, too. He's got a nice outside shot, though but he throws up some bricks on some of his drives with a defender on him.
How is he a ballhog? lol have you been watching the games? Last nights game vs Portland is literally the first time that hes gotten touches. All the previous games he has gotten a minimal amount of shots or has been fazed out by scrubs trying to get highlight plays. Hes only been used for picks and every opportunity to score has been either due to his getting a rebound or his taking it coast to coast.

I do agree that hes always out of control and looks lost on the court. It feels like it will take him a good while to become familiar with NBA play and accustomed to playing at elite level fast game pace.

KungFuJoe
10-23-2014, 01:44 PM
How is he a ballhog? lol have you been watching the games? Last nights game vs Portland is literally the first time that hes gotten touches. All the previous games he has gotten a minimal amount of shots or has been fazed out by scrubs trying to get highlight plays. Hes only been used for picks and every opportunity to score has been either due to his getting a rebound or his taking it coast to coast.

I do agree that hes always out of control and looks lost on the court. It feels like it will take him a good while to become familiar with NBA play and accustomed to playing at elite level fast game pace.

Like I said...I understand it's preseason and most guys are playing like it's the D League and just want to score. But on his coast to coasts, he hasn't dished it once that I can recall. He takes it straight to the hoop...and he's out of control. Might work against the scrubs that are getting major playing time, but he's going to get a lot of charges called against him if he doesn't tone it down in the RS.

ZeN
10-23-2014, 02:04 PM
Like I said...I understand it's preseason and most guys are playing like it's the D League and just want to score. But on his coast to coasts, he hasn't dished it once that I can recall. He takes it straight to the hoop...and he's out of control. Might work against the scrubs that are getting major playing time, but he's going to get a lot of charges called against him if he doesn't tone it down in the RS.
Is there really a reason why he should dish it out? Usually no one has been set up to receive the pass and also scoring that way is what Randle does. In college thats been the way he scores all out of control. I sure hope that they work with him on that. When it comes to the passing though that's been designated to the guards, and so far none have been passing to him. You cant blame him for attempting to score in the few opportunities that hes had. The absence of a pass does not a ballhog make..

ArbitraryWater
10-23-2014, 02:09 PM

None of these guys were considered or were better than Pau from 2008-2010... And 2010 Garnett < 2010 Gasol.

HOoopCityJones
10-23-2014, 06:15 PM
Who cares what you think.

You're a biased nobody.

20Four
10-23-2014, 06:19 PM
Who cares what you think.

You're a biased nobody.
http://i.minus.com/i3fsRPuyAmeGm.gif

Nowitness
10-23-2014, 06:39 PM
He's in between Kobe (skill, acrobatic, perimeter oriented) and Shaq (big, bulky, strong interior).

Hopefully he has the work ethic of Kobe rather than Shaq because he's just not talented enough to get by the way Shaq (most gifted player in the history of the nba) was able to.

http://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s--Zrdg9ODL--/c_fit,fl_progressive,q_80,w_636/ntpsom7vygfi1ndol7vl.jpg

when shaq ate

http://images.usatoday.com/sports/nba/_photos2/2002-06-12-inside-shaq-mvp.jpg

and look at snack mamba now

20Four
10-23-2014, 08:04 PM
http://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s--Zrdg9ODL--/c_fit,fl_progressive,q_80,w_636/ntpsom7vygfi1ndol7vl.jpg

when shaq ate

http://images.usatoday.com/sports/nba/_photos2/2002-06-12-inside-shaq-mvp.jpg

and look at snack mamba now
Pictures were Photoshopped you dumbass cvnt :facepalm :facepalm

ThatCoolKid
10-23-2014, 10:42 PM
He would rather be a hardworking, cold-blooded lone wolf than a fat, childish clown?

Sounds fine to me.

Nashty
10-24-2014, 07:00 AM
So he wants to be carried to 5 rings and lose one by himself :facepalm

Lebronxrings
10-24-2014, 07:02 AM
Does this mean he will shoot 40% this season? Ugh.

DonDadda59
10-29-2014, 01:18 AM
http://agnosticperspective93.files.wordpress.com/2012/04/morgan_freeman_in_bruce_almighty-6582.jpg

God: ''Done"

Too soon? :confusedshrug:

HOoopCityJones
10-29-2014, 01:20 AM
What kind of dude only talk shit when a players hurt? a promising rookie at that.

Go get some ***** you worthless ****.

AirTupac
10-29-2014, 01:21 AM
Garbage

Yeah, pretty pathetic.

Prometheus
10-29-2014, 01:21 AM
this guy aint gonna be the next anything, hes a bum

navy
10-29-2014, 01:23 AM
http://agnosticperspective93.files.wordpress.com/2012/04/morgan_freeman_in_bruce_almighty-6582.jpg

You're a bitch.

But this was funny

DonDadda59
10-29-2014, 01:27 AM
You're a bitch.

But this was funny

a bitch... moi? :confusedshrug:

I know it was funny. If people would stop catching feelings over a multi-millionaire 19 year old who'll be back to playing sports for a living soon, they'd realize this.

Magic 32
10-29-2014, 01:28 AM
This forum is a like a nazi camp.

chazzy
10-29-2014, 03:59 AM

Cmon

SugarHill
10-29-2014, 04:00 AM

:roll:

oarabbus
10-29-2014, 04:06 AM

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view6/2385555/ohhhhh-o.gif

messed up doe

Cold soul
10-29-2014, 04:12 AM

Great job at being classless jackass. You suck!

Hoopz2332
10-29-2014, 09:06 AM
http://i.imgur.com/GjIT86d.png

Parps
10-29-2014, 09:54 AM
Greg Oden pt deux

ArbitraryWater
10-29-2014, 10:10 AM
http://i.imgur.com/GjIT86d.png

lmfao

Hope he's healthy soon

DonDadda59
10-29-2014, 11:51 AM
Thought about responding to this post last night but ultimately didn't. After much deliberation we (the governing body of ish) have concluded this to be a douche move.

We sentence you to self banishment for 2 whole nights.

Firm but fair. #noregrets

TheMarkMadsen
10-29-2014, 01:04 PM
"i hate Kobe so much that i'm going to laugh and make jokes about a rookie breaking his leg"

true class

Smoke117
10-29-2014, 03:11 PM
"i hate Kobe so much that i'm going to laugh and make jokes about a rookie breaking his leg"

true class

This new self dignity bullshit you Kobe stans are trying to exhibit now that you have nothing to actually stan over is quite amusing. Love the way you post this hilarious crap every time Kobe is the butt of jokes. (he is the true target here, not Randle. Nobody wants to see a player get injured) Magic32 is the most hilarious one.