PDA

View Full Version : Why do so many people place such an importance on food?

russwest0
10-23-2014, 06:20 AM
You can go over three weeks without the shit as long as you have water...

Ever since I moved out and actually had to pay for and get my own shit I've been eating only about 1000 calories a day, and have dropped 15-20 pds in 2 months. and inb4 "jew diet!" no you idiots, I'm not poor, I just don't like spending money on unnecessary shit when it can go to cooler shit.

Lol @ idiots who willingly pay for high calorie foods or overeat shit.

P.S. it's not that hard to lose weight ya f*cktards, just stop buying all this food that you're eating. Buy maybe one box of cereal, one box of oatmeal, one gallon of milk, two apples, one tin of tuna and let it last you a week.

RidonKs
10-23-2014, 06:26 AM
because when done right its awesome and delicious and not necessarily bad for you... in fact preferably very good for you?

russwest0
10-23-2014, 06:28 AM
because when done right its awesome and delicious and not necessarily bad for you... in fact preferably very good for you?

subway is still bad for you dude.... all studies point to less eating = longer living.

restrict your caloric intake to 1000 a day and you'll live 8-10 years longer if not more. guaranteed.

RidonKs
10-23-2014, 06:32 AM
it's also not necessarily expensive.

i don't really like subway. the veggies there suck, no taste whatsoever. first time i ordered olives there was one of the last times i ever ate there.

but to answer your question, food has addictive qualities like practically anything else. i've gone on pizza and fried chicken and mcdonalds binges just because i was too lazy to cook anything. i knew it was terrible for me and i felt like shit after every meal... but i kept ordering and eating it anyway.

SexSymbol
10-23-2014, 06:46 AM
subway is still bad for you dude.... all studies point to less eating = longer living.

restrict your caloric intake to 1000 a day and you'll live 8-10 years longer if not more. guaranteed.
You won't live 8-10 years on a 1000 a day diet.
Your organs simple wouldn't get enough energy needed to properly function, so you would die pretty fast

Knicks101
10-23-2014, 07:41 AM
1000 calories? What do you weigh, 80lbs?

ballup
10-23-2014, 07:55 AM
Food too mainstream. That's taking the hipster movement to a whole new level.

joe
10-23-2014, 08:05 AM
Well, your post speaks to two things I put much importance on: food and frugality.

Eating right, to me, is one of the most important things in life. My soul is attached to my body. If my body doesnt feel right, I cant feel right either. So I want to not be sick, I want to have energy, I want to feel healthy and spry.

Saving money is also important so you need to be smart. Cut out expensive snacks. Dont get grape juice when apple juice is two dollars cheaper. Even though I love grape juice :(. But you have to make sacrifices.

And I am interested by the idea that eating less will make you live longer? Do you have any links? I could just look it up but I will ask you first :)

DukeDelonte13
10-23-2014, 08:44 AM
cooking and eating is enjoyable.

You can live frugally and still eat a normal diet. Eggs, pasta, seasonal veggies, meat on sale, etc., are all cheap.

You don't need to eat like a hobo to save money.

KobesFinger
10-23-2014, 08:45 AM
I pay for all my own food and I'm taking in 3000 calories a day and its not expensive

Andrew Wiggins
10-23-2014, 08:56 AM
1000 calories a day :lol

how about getting a formal education and finding a proper job so you don't have to worry about how much you spend on food

Le Shaqtus
10-23-2014, 09:01 AM
Because it's f*cking delicious.

Godzuki
10-23-2014, 09:04 AM
because food can be a pleasure in life, like sex and alcohol/drugs. with that there can also be addictionn too, anything good seems to always have bad like that.

cutting that all out is probably healthier for u, including sex. guess it depends if u want to live strictly efficiently or enjoying lifes pleasures some.

russwest0
10-23-2014, 03:23 PM
1000 calories a day :lol

how about getting a formal education and finding a proper job so you don't have to worry about how much you spend on food

I work 35 hours at a decent job and am going to college full time as well.

It's not about being poor as I already alluded to. I have plenty of money and never dip below 1000+ dollars in my bank acct. It's about spending an excess of money on shit that is lowering your lifespan.

russwest0
10-23-2014, 03:26 PM
Well, your post speaks to two things I put much importance on: food and frugality.

Eating right, to me, is one of the most important things in life. My soul is attached to my body. If my body doesnt feel right, I cant feel right either. So I want to not be sick, I want to have energy, I want to feel healthy and spry.

Saving money is also important so you need to be smart. Cut out expensive snacks. Dont get grape juice when apple juice is two dollars cheaper. Even though I love grape juice :(. But you have to make sacrifices.

And I am interested by the idea that eating less will make you live longer? Do you have any links? I could just look it up but I will ask you first :)

Here's a good place to start for links about it

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2014/04/140401111957.htm

Jailblazers7
10-23-2014, 03:28 PM
Thanks but I will gladly shave off 10 years of my life if I get to eat like a normal person instead of Ghandi.

russwest0
10-23-2014, 03:33 PM
Thanks but I will gladly shave off 10 years of my life if I get to eat like a normal person instead of Ghandi.

Well the "normal" person is out of shape, so if you wanna be that then go for it.

Yesterday I ate a bowl of cereal, had an apple for lunch, and a pb and j sandwich for dinner. If that is so "abnormal" then there is something wrong with this world.

Budadiiii
10-23-2014, 03:33 PM
That weak mind. :oldlol:

"everyone else eats like this so it's ok if I do to"

Almost every disease is caused by the food you eat and yet people still won't accept it and change their shitty lifestyle.

Unbelievable.

Jailblazers7
10-23-2014, 03:35 PM
Well the "normal" person is out of shape, so if you wanna be that then go for it.

Yesterday I ate a bowl of cereal, had an apple for lunch, and a pb and j sandwich for dinner. If that is so "abnormal" then there is something wrong with this world.

That's only normal if you are poor dude. You are not getting proper nutrition. I'd rather eat a healthy diet that is more than 2000 calories.

You realize that it is possible to eat good food and not be out of shape, right?

russwest0
10-23-2014, 03:36 PM
1000 calories? What do you weigh, 80lbs?

2 months ago I weighed 185 pounds. I'm 6'0 tall.

Now I weigh 165 pounds and am much healthier overall. My body fat percentage has dropped 3% in just two months, from 15% to 12%.

russwest0
10-23-2014, 03:39 PM
That's only normal if you are poor dude. You are not getting proper nutrition. I'd rather eat a healthy diet that is more than 2000 calories.

You realize that it is possible to eat good food and not be out of shape, right?

why does everyone try to make this about money?

I already stated that I'm doing well financially. I just think it's obnoxious to spend a lot of money on food when all it is doing is killing you faster. It'd be like buying cigarettes. Sounds stupid as hell.

Droid101
10-23-2014, 03:58 PM
Except that this is an extreme lie with no evidence backing it up, and in fact, much evidence that contradicts it hard.

Please stop spreading misinformation on the internet. Some idiot might actually listen to it and hurt themselves.

Droid101
10-23-2014, 03:59 PM
Almost every disease is caused by the food you eat and yet people still won't accept it and change their shitty lifestyle.
This is also a lie. Please, stop saying untrue things on the internet.

Smoke117
10-23-2014, 04:01 PM
How long till you are back home complaining about your moms leftovers, you whiney little bitch?

ace23
10-23-2014, 04:01 PM
"Why isn't malnourishment more popular?" - OP

BrownEye007
10-23-2014, 04:07 PM
2 months ago I weighed 185 pounds. I'm 6'0 tall.

Now I weigh 165 pounds and am much healthier overall. My body fat percentage has dropped 3% in just two months, from 15% to 12%.
When you start eating a healthy amount of calories again you're gonna get fat as **** because you've slowed your metabolism by so much. Either that or you die within a relatively short amount of time due to starvation.

JEFFERSON MONEY
10-23-2014, 04:19 PM
Bro, you gonna have ED problems real soon.

Let me put it this way.

Eating a lot of nutrient dense, digestible foods lets your body optimize hormones which just flat out increases your quality of life.

That and I'd rather a person MOVE their body, stand up, go to the gym and get 3300 or so kcals in them vs. being sedentary and forcing themeslves to go against their feasting nature and having small snacks that only beckon one forth to finish the rest of the pringles lol.

Kblaze8855
10-23-2014, 04:20 PM
When you arent concerned about money a nice meal isnt an issue. I know you say it isnt about money...but fact is...eating PB&J for dinner and skimping is a poor persons diet.

I was poor over 20 years.

If I want some Peppadew peppers, my favorite olives, and some Havarti in the fridge with some nice cider I dont care if you find it a laughable expense. Is 30 bucks a lot of money these days?

I work to earn money. I save much of what I earn. I can support my family and assist loved ones supporting theirs.

If I want to spend some inconsequential dollars at the olive bar im gonna do it. I dont need to feed 6 people off 4 dollars anymore(half pound of sausage, bag of rice, some onions and whatever spices you have...poor people dirty rice).

I dont give a shit what my honey burbon cashews cost. If they didnt tell me when they got done ringing it up I wouldnt ask. Just swipe the card.

What cooler things is the difference between ramen noodles and decent food gonna buy me? An action figure?

I have 2 cars, 2 houses, an xbox one I barely play, 2 other game systems just for netflix in other areas of the house, 3 computers, all the books id like to read, closets full of clothes, and so much vacation time id give some away if I could.

I dont literally have all id ever want...but I have far more than anyone actually needs. Its hard not to in America. Even poor Americans have more than they need. Having extensive experience as a poor American...im quite sure of that. Though it doesn't feel like it at the time.

Now? Im not stressing because my deli meat was...whatever it is a pound...and isnt 99 cent dollar store "ham product".

Im not wasteful with money. I dont have enough to just...not give a shit.

But what my dinner costs?

I dont worry about that.

My alarm wouldnt be going off at 3:20 in the morning if the job I went to didnt pay me well enough to not care what my favorite sandwich bread costs.

You should be done with that line of thinking by 25 or so barring outrageous debt.

oarabbus
10-23-2014, 04:30 PM
You won't live 8-10 years on a 1000 a day diet.
Your organs simple wouldn't get enough energy needed to properly function, so you would die pretty fast

This is one of the dumbest things I've ever read. Plenty of Japanese people eat 1200 calories a day and they are the longest living people on earth. I don't recommend 1k diets like OP or 1200 calorie diets but this post is just abominably bad.

oarabbus
10-23-2014, 04:32 PM

There is considerable evidence, as usual Wiki is a good starting point.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Calorie_restriction

Once again, I'd rather just eat more calories (~1600-1800 if I'm trying to lose weight PLUS EXERCISE) of healthy stuff than 1000 of junk.

DeuceWallaces
10-23-2014, 04:46 PM

Lol this guy probably smokes.

Kblaze8855
10-23-2014, 05:14 PM
He makes pro smoking topics complaining about smoking having a bad reputation and citing the benefits of nicotine.

DeuceWallaces
10-23-2014, 05:24 PM
Seriously?

SexSymbol
10-23-2014, 05:31 PM
This is one of the dumbest things I've ever read. Plenty of Japanese people eat 1200 calories a day and they are the longest living people on earth. I don't recommend 1k diets like OP or 1200 calorie diets but this post is just abominably bad.
Japanese people are pretty small.
If you're 5'6" 120 lbs, you'll probably survive on 1200 calories a day. Low energy, looking like shit, but you'll survive.
If you're 6'2" 200 lbs, no chance you'll make it to 30

Kblaze8855
10-23-2014, 05:32 PM
^^If you non-smokers can't get through that whole article, there might be a good explanation- you need some nicotine. Numerous studies show that nicotine intake, even among non-smokers, increases work productivity, concentration levels, brain power, and several other brain-related things. I've known this for years as a smoker. Every time I was having trouble writing, or getting through a school assignment, I'd light up a cigarette. Gets me right back on track.

Since birth most of us have been told all the negatives about cigarettes, and there are quite a few. But the positives need to be shown. Smokers don't just smoke because they're addicted, cigarettes give people real benefits. Including fighting against Alzheimers and Dimensia. Look it up.

The biggest flaw in non-smokers arguments, is they think they own the air, and the sidewalk. Like, nothing they dislike should be allowed to go on there. lol @ "people should only be allowed to smoke in their house." Wow. Scary thing is, you're not alone in feeling that way. Funny coming from people who are allowed to spout their BS all over the internet, solely because they come from a FREE country.

See, people who hate cigarettes/smokers is one thing.. but when they take it to the next level and want to make laws about it... that's when they become nazi's. Smokers are just an easy out-group to target. That's all it is.

And so on....

DeuceWallaces
10-23-2014, 05:53 PM
And so on....

Oh my. :lol

oarabbus
10-23-2014, 06:07 PM
Japanese people are pretty small.
If you're 5'6" 120 lbs, you'll probably survive on 1200 calories a day. Low energy, looking like shit, but you'll survive.
If you're 6'2" 200 lbs, no chance you'll make it to 30

You realize there are 6' Japanese people and taller... not many but there are... You know people lived in concentration camps for years with way less than 1200 calories/day... there have been prisoners of war captive for 9 years who were starved and ate rats and grass and shit. Unless you have some heart condition or other fatal disease or someone shoots you in the head there's nearly a 100% chance you'll make it to 30 on 1200 calories a day if you're 6'2". You may not be healthy and you may look like you came out of Auschwitz but you'll be alive.

MadeFromDust
10-23-2014, 06:09 PM

Ever since I moved out and actually had to pay for and get my own shit I've been eating only about 1000 calories a day, and have dropped 15-20 pds in 2 months. and inb4 "jew diet!" no you idiots, I'm not poor, I just don't like spending money on unnecessary shit when it can go to cooler shit.

P.S. it's not that hard to lose weight ya f*cktards, just stop buying all this food that you're eating. Buy maybe one box of cereal, one box of oatmeal, one gallon of milk, two apples, one tin of tuna and let it last you a week.
Eating less food may not do the trick. The body might very well react by slowing your metabolism down and storing up more fat from what you do eat. Then if you ever start eating normal again, you'll explode into this supermassive blimp due to retarded metabolism. :confusedshrug:

oarabbus
10-23-2014, 06:10 PM
And so on....

Well, the cognitive benefits of nicotine actually DO exist and he's not wrong about them. However, as an ex-smoker (although I slip up when drunk from time to time), smoking cigarettes for the mental benefit is like taking one step forward, and 300 steps back. Then being kicked repeatedly in the chest backwards another 300 steps.

In case I wasn't clear enough about my stance, smoking is definitely one of the most harmful things you can do to your body.

Eating less food may not do the trick. The body might very well react by slowing your metabolism down and storing up more fat from what you do eat. Then if you ever start eating normal again, you'll explode into this supermassive blimp due to retarded metabolism. :confusedshrug:

If you burn 2000 calories a day, and are only eating 1000 calories, you aren't storing any of the food as fat, genius. :facepalm

This guy probably wonders why concentration camp survivors weren't coming out of them obese :facepalm

Kblaze8855
10-23-2014, 06:10 PM
Go look at pictures of people after they liberated the Andersonville prison inmates if you think you cant live off a handful of half cooked cornmeal every two days.

You would be shocked what you can live through.

SexSymbol
10-23-2014, 06:20 PM
You realize there are 6' Japanese people and taller... not many but there are... You know people lived in concentration camps for years with way less than 1200 calories/day... there have been prisoners of war captive for 9 years who were starved and ate rats and grass and shit. Unless you have some heart condition or other fatal disease or someone shoots you in the head there's nearly a 100% chance you'll make it to 30 on 1200 calories a day if you're 6'2". You may not be healthy and you may look like you came out of Auschwitz but you'll be alive.
It weren't that bad there before the tide of the war changed, it was more of a work camp.
After the change, a lot of people died because of starvation.

There's practically no chance a 6'2" man would survive on a 1200 cal a day diet, or more 1000 like russ said, for 30 years.

Kblaze8855
10-23-2014, 06:24 PM
Sure you would. This is 1200 calories:

Breakfast:

http://bed56888308e93972c04-0dfc23b7b97881dee012a129d9518bae.r34.cf1.rackcdn.c om/sites/default/files/imagecache/standard/recipes/BV7885.JPG

Lunch

http://bed56888308e93972c04-0dfc23b7b97881dee012a129d9518bae.r34.cf1.rackcdn.c om/sites/default/files/med_plate.jpg

Dinner:

http://bed56888308e93972c04-0dfc23b7b97881dee012a129d9518bae.r34.cf1.rackcdn.c om/sites/default/files/imagecache/standard/recipes/MP7904_KRASNER_0.JPG

No way you just...die.

You would be thin...but you would be fine.

Kblaze8855
10-23-2014, 06:28 PM
And thats a rather bland idea of what you can eat. Google "400 calorie meals".

Most are just lean meat and some vegetables but...there are a lot of options.

You wouldnt even struggle health wise I suspect.

http://img.sndimg.com/food/image/upload/w_614,h_461,c_fit/v1/img/recipes/21/35/86/picsAVVZu.jpg

^
Less than 450 calories.

I could skip breakfast have one meal of that size at lunch and two of those for dinner and be just fine.

I wouldnt...because I like variety. But I could. Id...keep living.

KevinNYC
10-23-2014, 06:29 PM

Jew diet? Seriously? Is that a common phrase in your circles?

BasedTom
10-23-2014, 06:30 PM
I agree with OP. It's also really difficult when you're with people from cultures where turning down their food is nearly considered an insult.

I don't understand how some people apparently reach a point where they need to eat food all the time, or to deal with their problems somehow. And most of the time it isn't even amazing stuff, its crappy ass fast food

SexSymbol
10-23-2014, 06:31 PM
Sure you would. This is 1200 calories:

Breakfast:

http://bed56888308e93972c04-0dfc23b7b97881dee012a129d9518bae.r34.cf1.rackcdn.c om/sites/default/files/imagecache/standard/recipes/BV7885.JPG

Lunch

http://bed56888308e93972c04-0dfc23b7b97881dee012a129d9518bae.r34.cf1.rackcdn.c om/sites/default/files/med_plate.jpg

Dinner:

http://bed56888308e93972c04-0dfc23b7b97881dee012a129d9518bae.r34.cf1.rackcdn.c om/sites/default/files/imagecache/standard/recipes/MP7904_KRASNER_0.JPG

No way you just...die.

You would be thin...but you would be fine.
You metabolism would work to keep the organs alive and feed them the calories they need.
If you don't move throughout the day, maybe you'll survive that, still very questionable as at such a low caloric intake there wouldn't be enough calories to fully satisfy all the organs, therefore one of them would give out sooner or later, and when one organ fails, that's always a chain reaction to others failing.
Now if you move regularly or even have a job, there's no way you're surviving when your organs need those calories and some of them are dedicated to recovering the muscles after the work. There's no possible scientific way you'll live for an extensive periods of time.
That's why a lot of people in concentration camps died of famine, and a lot of them developed huge health problems for the rest of their lifes even if the famine wasn't longer than 2-3 years.

Kblaze8855
10-23-2014, 06:43 PM
People in concentration camps and prison camps die of scurvy, diarrhea, and poor medical care letting infection run wild.

Its hard to starve to death with a planned out diet...eating healthy small meals 3 times a day. You have medical care...vitamins...you arent drinking filthy rainwater collecting in ponds you also have to go to the bathroom in.

You cant really compare work camps to just...choosing to not eat much.

Scurvy used to kill millions of poor people.

Thats just...not getting vitamin C.

You dont get vitamin C in a prison camp.

Most of the diseases and issues they faced arent faced by anyone free.

There are millions of people who would be more healthy on 1200 a day than they are now.

alenleomessi
10-23-2014, 06:44 PM
apparently christian bale ate a can of tuna and an apple a day for his 'the machinist' role
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_sbev-AYuYCw/TLa1Dpff7DI/AAAAAAAAAAk/69lo8UUmZfo/s320/stickman.jpg

oarabbus
10-23-2014, 06:46 PM
You metabolism would work to keep the organs alive and feed them the calories they need.
If you don't move throughout the day, maybe you'll survive that, still very questionable as at such a low caloric intake there wouldn't be enough calories to fully satisfy all the organs, therefore one of them would give out sooner or later, and when one organ fails, that's always a chain reaction to others failing.
Now if you move regularly or even have a job, there's no way you're surviving when your organs need those calories and some of them are dedicated to recovering the muscles after the work. There's no possible scientific way you'll live for an extensive periods of time.
That's why a lot of people in concentration camps died of famine, and a lot of them developed huge health problems for the rest of their lifes even if the famine wasn't longer than 2-3 years.

Simply wrong. If the food is nutritious, for example the pics Kblaze posted show that (you'll get vitamins, protein, and fats) your organs will not simply fail. 1200 calories is a very survivable amount even for a 6'2" person. You might look like an African marathon runner but you will survive without being on the verge of death. If caloric restriction in humans is confirmed, you could certainly live longer than 70-80 years on a 1200 calorie diet.

People in concentration camps died because of malnourishment and starvation. They were severely lacking in nutritents/vitamins you MUST have to survive.

Kblaze8855
10-23-2014, 06:50 PM
Id like to track it to confirm...but I suspect a friend of mine eats about 1200 a day.

All he drinks is water...and ive never seen him eat a full meal.

Ive known him 15 years. Spent whole days with him...he drinks bottled water and eats 2 regular 69 cent mcdinalds burgers around 5. And hes done. this dude eats the tiny burgers you forgot fast food places made.

He eats...a single chicken leg and drinks half a beer.

Hes probably 5'10'' 130 pounds.

oarabbus
10-23-2014, 06:52 PM
Id like to track it to confirm...but I suspect a friend of mine eats about 1200 a day.

All he drinks is water...and ive never seen him eat a full meal.

Ive known him 15 years. Spent whole days with him...he drinks bottled water and eats 2 regular 69 cent mcdinalds burgers around 5. And hes done. this dude eats the tiny burgers you forgot fast food places made.

He eats...a single chicken leg and drinks half a beer.

Hes probably 5'10'' 130 pounds.

Your McD still has 69c burgers? a McChicken is like $1.29 around here. And is he healthy? I don't mean his medical records or anything, but does the dude seem to be in generaly good health?

Also:
North Koreans Threaten to Nullify 1953 Armistice Agreement

By Jim Garamone
American Forces Press Service
WASHINGTON, March 5, 2013 – North Korea has threatened to nullify the armistice that ended the 1950-53 Korean War.
The North Korean rhetoric appears to be in response to threatened United Nations sanctions that may be put in place following the Feb. 12 North Korean test of a nuclear weapon, DOD officials said.
The North Korean Central News Agency quoted officials in the North saying the threat is because the United States and South Korea are holding annual military exercises.
North Korea “will achieve nothing by threats or provocations, which will only further isolate North Korea and undermine international efforts to ensure peace and stability in Northeast Asia,” said Army Lt. Col. Cathy Wilkinson, a Pentagon spokeswoman.
She said the two exercises -- Key Resolve and Foal Eagle -- are annual training exercises designed to increase alliance readiness to defend South Korea, protect the region and maintain stability on the Korean Peninsula.
“These exercises are defensive in nature,” Wilkinson said. “There is nothing provocative, unusual, or threatening about these exercises.”
The North Korean military command said, “When the war exercises turn into their main phase after March 11, the Korean War armistice agreement that has existed in its name only, will come to an end.”
North Korea has also been developing a long-range ICBM. U.S. commanders find the North Korean steps “deeply troubling.”
“We have been involved with the review of our plans and our posture related to North Korea, particularly we’ve been working very hard with Pacific Command and Northern Command regarding our ballistic missile defense posture and our ballistic missile defense approach,” said Air Force Gen. C. Robert Kehler, the commander of U.S. Strategic Command. Kehler testified before the House Armed Services Committee today.
The commander of U.S Pacific Command, Navy Adm. Samuel J. Locklear III, also testified before the committee. Locklear said the new North Korean dictator, Kim Jong Un, must realize that carrying on this way will be unsuccessful.
“In the end, this is not in the best interest of the people of North Korea, where the average citizen gets about 800 calories a day,” Locklear said. “They spent more money on the missile launch in one day, and they could have fed their entire nation for … one month.”
Meanwhile, U.S. and South Korean forces are monitoring North Korean activities, officials said.
“Obviously, our defensive forces are postured … in case something really crazy were to happen,” Locklear said. “But in the end, we have to … applaud the efforts of the U.N. Security Council as they continue to put pressure on this regime from all sides.”

North Korean life expectancy is 70 years, for reference. And the average citizen is eating 800 calories a day. 1200 calories is a full 50% additional calories than they are having.
here is a http://www.defense.gov/News/NewsArticle.aspx?ID=119448

KevinNYC
10-23-2014, 06:54 PM
But to answer the OP's original question.

Food is necessary to live.

Food provides fuel.

Good food makes people happy as it is one the essential sensual pleasures.

Kblaze8855
10-23-2014, 07:00 PM
He barely eats...and hes a smoker. He appears healthy. Who knows though....

KevinNYC
10-23-2014, 07:01 PM
This is a true story

Sol Forman, who sometimes ate a steak or two a day at Peter Luger, the steakhouse across the street from his Brooklyn metalware factory, and then rescued the restaurant from oblivion by buying it at auction and owning it for a half century, died on Thursday at Maimonides Hospital in Brooklyn......

He enjoyed and excelled at sales and frequently entertained customers across the street at Peter Luger. Many days, this meant eating two steaks. When trade shows were in town, it could mean three.

..... He was 98.

Kblaze8855
10-23-2014, 07:18 PM
I dont think steak is considered as bad for you as red meat once was.

I suspect 10 steaks a week wouldnt leave you unhealthy at all if you lived a decent life around them.

Budadiiii
10-23-2014, 07:41 PM
apparently christian bale ate a can of tuna and an apple a day for his 'the machinist' role
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_sbev-AYuYCw/TLa1Dpff7DI/AAAAAAAAAAk/69lo8UUmZfo/s320/stickman.jpg
So?

That's weak shit. P*ssy couldn't even go sugar free. :lol

Droid101
10-23-2014, 08:01 PM
He barely eats...and hes a smoker. He appears healthy. Who knows though....
Your first mistake.

Anyway, no doctor in the world would tell a person to go on a 1000 calorie diet unless there was some kind of serious shit going on.

But I guess budadii and russ are smarter than doctors so what do I know.

Kblaze8855
10-23-2014, 08:12 PM
I didnt say a doctor would suggest it. I said it wouldnt kill you. An awful lot of things a doctor wouldnt suggest wouldnt kill you.

There are probably hundreds of millions of people proving you can live off 1200 calories right now.

As with everything...there is a point that goes too far.

An orange for breakfast....wild mushrooms and rice for lunch....and a couple grilled fish tacos for dinner? Take your vitamins....change up the veggies often.

You would...live.

All im saying.

oarabbus
10-23-2014, 08:19 PM
Your first mistake.

Anyway, no doctor in the world would tell a person to go on a 1000 calorie diet unless there was some kind of serious shit going on.

But I guess budadii and russ are smarter than doctors so what do I know.

Well, yeah probably these people are severely obese, but I wanted to point out there is a such thing as medically supervised diets that low. This site says they put women on 600-800 cal/day, and men on 800-1000 cal.

http://www.jcmg.org/jcmg.nsf/web/New-Direction:-a-medically-supervised-Very-Low-Calorie-Diet-(VLCD)

Regardless the point is that you will live WELLLLLL past 30 on a 1200 calorie diet of nutritious food, even if you are 6'2" or whatever SexSymbol said. You aren't going to drop dead at 28 or any other preposterous notions that you can't live long term on low calorie diets.