PDA

View Full Version : Coach Blatt is the man!

death valley40
10-23-2014, 03:11 PM
He seems like a warrior in battle!, tells one his players to shut the f*ck up while he draws up a play!
:roll:

http://youtu.be/CmlXPip1D1Q

Fudge
10-23-2014, 03:13 PM
He really is. I'd rank him right behind Pop out of all the coaches in the league. Dude is a lowkey mastermind.

Kblaze8855
10-23-2014, 03:16 PM
I did enjoy that.

Budadiiii
10-23-2014, 03:18 PM
Holy mother ****ing shit!

THIS IS MY GUY!

This is the EXACT coach I LOVE. What I would do to have a guy like that in OKC.....

F*CK!!!!!!!!!

death valley40
10-23-2014, 03:19 PM
http://youtu.be/XOIxRBjsw0s

here's another one where he lays into his players!

Budadiiii
10-23-2014, 03:22 PM

AWESOME!!!!!!!

Blatt is the MAN!

Undisputed
10-23-2014, 03:27 PM
He better watch it. Could easily lose a locker room talking to his players like that.

Trollsmasher
10-23-2014, 03:28 PM
did you just try to embed a video?:coleman:

RedBlackAttack
10-23-2014, 03:52 PM
I <3 David Blatt

http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/gallery/love/heart-beating.gif

did you just try to embed a video?:coleman:

Dat 20th Century software. :oldlol:

wakencdukest
10-23-2014, 03:52 PM
I love that shit, but sadly, he will get run out of town if he hurts any of the players feelings.

Ca$H
10-23-2014, 03:54 PM
I love that shit, but sadly, he will get run out of town if he hurts any of the players feelings.

Bran will cry.

Purch
10-23-2014, 04:05 PM
He really is. I'd rank him right behind Pop out of all the coaches in the league. Dude is a lowkey mastermind.
Rick Carsile is a mastermind as well. If he was elite at developing his young players, and carving out roes for everyon to be effective, then I would put him on the same level as Pop. But in terms of X' and 0's and making a defensive scheme uniquely tailored to the team they're facing? Carsile is second to basically no one

kurple
10-23-2014, 04:12 PM
Holy mother ****ing shit!

THIS IS MY GUY!

This is the EXACT coach I LOVE. What I would do to have a guy like that in OKC.....

F*CK!!!!!!!!!
OKC should hire this guy as an assistant

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VOG6l8vhUaI

death valley40
10-23-2014, 04:46 PM
I <3 David Blatt

http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/gallery/love/heart-beating.gif

Dat 20th Century software. :oldlol:

You been to Steubenville lately?

Cocaine80s
10-23-2014, 04:48 PM
Could imagine him being KOd by Waiters one day

would be interesting

RedBlackAttack
10-23-2014, 04:49 PM
You been to Steubenville lately?
Yes. Often.

SHAQisGOAT
10-23-2014, 04:53 PM
:applause:
Now will he have the balls to tell the same to someone like Kyrie? Or even... LeBron?

KG215
10-23-2014, 05:07 PM

The very first part of that clip makes you wonder...how often do you see players you'd expect to be back on the floor after a timeout on the bench instead because of something like that? I have no idea what Shved and the other guy were saying to each other, so Blatt may have just been overreacting. Either way, you know there's gotta be plenty of times throughout an NBA season Player X, Y, and/or Z aren't playing because of something small like that.

BigMacAttack
10-23-2014, 05:10 PM
:applause:
Now will he have the balls to tell the same to someone like Kyrie? Or even... LeBron?

Please, Lebron would fire him on the spot.

AboutBuckets
10-23-2014, 05:14 PM

The thing that really impressed me about this is that he was giving TANGIBLE basketball advice towards his players that was relevant to the situation. So many second-tier coaches i.e. Mark Jackson and Scott Brooks use the same bullshit cliches like 'turn up the intensity' 'trust eachother' 'move the ball' 'play our game' and see zero results. Actually making in-game adjustments to your plan gives your players a much better opportunity to execute than just letting them know that 'it's time to start making plays'.

Kblaze8855
10-23-2014, 05:23 PM
The thing that really impressed me about this is that he was giving TANGIBLE basketball advice towards his players that was relevant to the situation. So many second-tier coaches i.e. Mark Jackson and Scott Brooks use the same bullshit cliches like 'turn up the intensity' 'trust eachother' 'move the ball' 'play our game' and see zero results. Actually making in-game adjustments to your plan gives your players a much better opportunity to execute than just letting them know that 'it's time to start making plays'.

There is an arrangement in place...the cameras can record the whole timeout and all the coach says...but its edited before it airs to remove anything the least bit tactical.

Coaches wouldnt let the cameras near them if the other team could just watch the ABC broadcast and hear specific elements of the gameplan.

Candid shots like these of Blatt...they would have a lot more to say about the specifics.

artificial
10-23-2014, 05:23 PM
Coaches give tangible strategy all the time, but NBA isn't allowed to show that. Per NBA regulation, they can't show anything that could be considered as strategy, as that could affect the outcome of the game, as well as future game tactics.

Apparently the guy that does the video editing / selection of the coaches' talk has the obligation to delete all strategy related material. That's why we only see coaches doing cheerleading talk.

Edit: Kblaze beat me to it :oldlol:

Kblaze8855
10-23-2014, 05:28 PM
Can you imagine a cameraman easing up on one of Pops lectures in a timeout if Pop knew he would straight broadcast his entire strategy?

NattyPButter
10-23-2014, 05:34 PM
Just don't see any of that happening with this Cavs team. This is what would happen if he yelled at any of these players

Lebron= runs to owner and get him fired
Kyrie= would cry and tell Lebron who goes to owner or GM and get him fired
Love= Fire him or I'm gone
Waiters= laughs at him then lay him out and have him foaming at the mouth

Just those 4 players right there is the reason it won't happen on this Cavs team.

Lebronxrings
10-23-2014, 05:51 PM
im not really impressed by him. Hes trying to use methods of intimidation to make up his lack of elite coaching. Hes decent, but in the nba he can't compare to masterminds like pop, thibs, brooks, doc, carlisie, vogel.

Kblaze8855
10-23-2014, 06:08 PM
im not really impressed by him. Hes trying to use methods of intimidation to make up his lack of elite coaching. Hes decent, but in the nba he can't compare to masterminds like pop, thibs, brooks, doc, carlisie, vogel.

Based on what? The last 8 days?

AboutBuckets
10-23-2014, 06:36 PM
Kblaze and artificial thanks for clearing that up, kinda one of those 'can't believe you didn't realize that' moments :hammerhead:

BigMacAttack
10-23-2014, 06:40 PM

Agenda driven troll post, Mods please ban this muppet.

RoundMoundOfReb
10-23-2014, 06:50 PM
Based on what? The last 8 days?

Based on the fact that he's on LeBron's team and therefore putting him down gives more credit to LeBron, of course.

Fiba basketball
10-24-2014, 03:37 PM
Big deal. He was one of the most calm and player friendly coaches in Europe but still he demands respect because players should know who's in charge.
And yes I think he will have balls to do this in NBA because even if they fire him he could easely get payed just as much in Europe.

Players that realy get mad and yell at players ( or refs ) are Obradovic, Vujosevic, Pesic, Ivanovic,Laso ( well he doesn't yell that much but is always jumping and is getting very red in face when he get's angry ), Pasqual ...

HurricaneKid
10-24-2014, 04:13 PM
he can't compare to masterminds like ...brooks

What. Just. Happened?