PDA

View Full Version : Are the Warriors who we think they are?

stalkerforlife
10-23-2014, 11:11 PM
A fun, great shooting, entertaining, lovably explosive offense...(The Nash Suns)

With zero chance to ever win a title with their current roster?

I say YES.

They are FRAUDS if they or anyone else thinks they can win a title.

Discuss.

bluechox2
10-23-2014, 11:12 PM
they should think about collusion in the east

Suguru101
10-23-2014, 11:13 PM
A fun, great shooting, entertaining, lovably explosive offense...(The Nash Suns)

I say YES.

Discuss.

Nash Suns were never top 5 on defense... ever.

BIG FURB
10-23-2014, 11:17 PM
Nash Suns were never top 5 on defense... ever.

Exactly, if Bogut and Ezeli stay healthy they should be dangerous

Fudge
10-23-2014, 11:20 PM
I love you. :banana:

Glad you're back.

DaSeba5
10-23-2014, 11:21 PM
No. And I refuse to judge anyone in Preseason.

stalkerforlife
10-23-2014, 11:21 PM
I love you. :banana:

Glad you're back.

:rockon:

ThatCoolKid
10-23-2014, 11:25 PM
The Suns weren't frauds. They could have very well won in '07. Just because a team fails to win a chip doesn't mean it was not very possible.

Heavincent
10-23-2014, 11:26 PM
Were the Suns an elite defense like the Warriors are?

Fudge
10-23-2014, 11:27 PM
The Suns weren't frauds. They could have very well won in '07. Just because a team fails to win a chip doesn't mean it was not very possible.
Why?

Warfan
10-23-2014, 11:38 PM
I really like the roster, one of the best starting 5's in the league, improved bench, new and improved offense, good defensive squad and hopefully one that's healthy. I think Klay is poised to take the next step too which would be great for the team.

Honestly though I'm just happy that the team is great and getting back in to a winning culture after dealing with dog shit teams for 2 decades. I think it's possible to win the title, but the conference is stacked so I'm not betting on it. Though I don't think it's fair to say they have no chance of winning, bit of a luck and some hot shooting, you never know... At their best i think this team can compete with anyone in the league, so we'll see :pimp:

stalkerforlife
10-23-2014, 11:43 PM
I really like the roster, one of the best starting 5's in the league, improved bench, new and improved offense, good defensive squad and hopefully one that's healthy. I think Klay is poised to take the next step too which would be great for the team.

Honestly though I'm just happy that the team is great and getting back in to a winning culture after dealing with dog shit teams for 2 decades. I think it's possible to win the title, but the conference is stacked so I'm not betting on it. Though I don't think it's fair to say they have no chance of winning, bit of a luck and some hot shooting, you never know... At their best i think this team can compete with anyone in the league, so we'll see :pimp:

You're a great and humble fan.

Heavincent
10-23-2014, 11:57 PM
Warriors can absolutely win the title if they're healthy. That's the problem though...Bogut is a ticking time bomb.

But if they're healthy in the post season, watch the **** out.

FatComputerNerd
10-24-2014, 12:03 AM
Varejao > their entire team

ThatCoolKid
10-24-2014, 12:43 AM
Why?

Not in public man. I told you to keep this on the DL, or I'm not gonna let you suck it any more.

sportjames23
10-24-2014, 12:56 AM

I say YES.

Discuss.

http://hotmeme.net/media/i/b/d/i7q-who-we-thought-they-were.jpg

oarabbus
10-24-2014, 02:08 AM

I say YES.

Discuss.

Us winning a championship is a longshot, but you sound like a hater. Unlikely in the coach's first year. Plus our defense last year was good, and excellent with Bogut on the floor. We're in the mix :coleman:

kurple
10-24-2014, 06:48 AM
Were the Suns an elite defense like the Warriors are?
i dont care what stats say. warriors aint elite defensively

they are good, but not elite. they dont regularly win games with their defense (like Indiana did), its all about the 3pt shot in the Bay

NZStreetBaller
10-24-2014, 07:22 AM
Starting line up too white..... need more black.
no racist
check history. Atleast two black starters championship.
Larry bird celtics exception

Steph curry half black
andre igoudala cant carry team.

stalkerforlife
10-24-2014, 10:46 AM
http://hotmeme.net/media/i/b/d/i7q-who-we-thought-they-were.jpg

That's exactly who I was thinking of when I started this thread. :applause:

stalkerforlife
10-24-2014, 10:48 AM
Us winning a championship is a longshot, but you sound like a hater. Unlikely in the coach's first year. Plus our defense last year was good, and excellent with Bogut on the floor. We're in the mix :coleman:

I'm definitely not a hater. David Lee spent 4 years here at UF and is one of my all time favorite Gators. I want you guys to do well.

I just don't see it happening with two gunners from the outside being your best players. You need a big time defender down low that can dominate the lane.

stalkerforlife
10-24-2014, 10:50 AM
no racist

Steph curry half black

I'm white, but this may be correct. There are no dominant defending white men on the interior in the league, which is exactly what the Warriors need to get over the hump.

Put Deandre Jordan on the Warriors in place of Bogut and title contention is there.

StephHamann
10-24-2014, 10:55 AM
no racist

Steph curry half black

http://graphics8.nytimes.com/images/2011/05/25/sports/24mavs-1/24mavs-1-articleLarge.jpg

starting Barrea Kidd Marion Dirk Chandler in the finals :no:

NZStreetBaller
10-25-2014, 12:59 AM
http://graphics8.nytimes.com/images/2011/05/25/sports/24mavs-1/24mavs-1-articleLarge.jpg

starting Barrea Kidd Marion Dirk Chandler in the finals :no:

yeah but wasnt jason terry among the top 5 players in the team?? and isnt tyson chandler black??

Inferno
10-25-2014, 01:40 AM

they are good, but not elite. they dont regularly win games with their defense (like Indiana did), its all about the 3pt shot in the Bay

Lol, top 3 defensive team in the league.

Livingston
Thompson
Iguodala
Green
Bogut

Tell me that isn't the best defensive lineup in the league.

Heavincent
10-25-2014, 02:19 AM

You're wrong. There's literally nothing to suggest they aren't elite defensively.

Timmy D for MVP
10-25-2014, 03:17 AM
I'm definitely not a hater. David Lee spent 4 years here at UF and is one of my all time favorite Gators. I want you guys to do well.

I just don't see it happening with two gunners from the outside being your best players. You need a big time defender down low that can dominate the lane.

Like Andrew Bogut?

This team isn't ready to be a real contender this year but if they are healthy and they get a billion breaks in a row they are talented enough to win the title.

oarabbus
10-25-2014, 03:45 AM
You're wrong. There's literally nothing to suggest they aren't elite defensively.

People just don't like to accept the fact that they can be a good defensive team even while pulling all the ridiculous offensive **** that they do. Most teams with our kind of offense don't have that level of defense.

kurple
10-25-2014, 09:18 AM
their defense just isnt that great. take last nights game as an example

chips93
10-25-2014, 09:35 AM

I say YES.

Discuss.

i dont think you know what this word means

backb0ard
10-25-2014, 10:18 AM
NBA history hasn't been too kind to teams lead by one-way pure shooter point guards.

HurricaneKid
10-25-2014, 10:28 AM
I don't get why people don't think they are every bit as good as LAC and OKC. They took LAC to 7 games without their best defensive player.

The problem is that they rely on Bogut and he is ALWAYS hurt. But if he is healthy they could absolutely compete for a title.

So many people here don't get the impact Bogut has on the defensive side of the ball.

Inferno
10-25-2014, 03:04 PM

:biggums:

So all the stats suggesting them as being a top 3-5 defensive team should be thrown out because their defense "doesn't look great" to you? :coleman:

Heavincent
10-25-2014, 03:10 PM

I give you an 82 game sample size

You give me a 1 preseason game sample size

okay...

Your argument is literally "They're not a great defensive team because I said so"...despite almost every statistic saying they are elite, and the fact that they have elite defenders at multiple positions.