PDA

View Full Version : Is it just me or is John Wall looking scary good this year?

no pun intended
10-24-2014, 01:37 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hiq82k0mZPE&list=UU7zHLmbmASW9zmLW8WpFm1g

Jesus Christ.

tpols
10-24-2014, 01:44 AM
no offense.. but its the knicks.

Leroy Jetson
10-24-2014, 01:44 AM
Damn, Lebron should have signed with Washington. Wall>>>Kyrie.

oarabbus
10-24-2014, 02:10 AM
no offense.. but its the knicks.

:roll:

JimmyMcAdocious
10-24-2014, 02:24 AM
Forgot about Porter. Looks like he played well this preseason. Should be interesting how much of a step he takes this year.

imnew09
10-24-2014, 02:31 AM
got that jumper :applause:

Le Shaqtus
10-24-2014, 02:42 AM
Wiz are gonna be fun to watch this year.

Smoke117
10-24-2014, 02:51 AM
I've been saying he's the 3rd best pg (PERIOD) after Paul and Brook for months...jump on the bandwagon while you can...because he's going to be really display the brilliance he has shown in spurts the last couple o' years.

Genaro
10-24-2014, 03:22 AM
If I was a spot up shooter I would love to play with Wall, he's so good at kicking it out.
Porter Jr should improve this year if he wants to stay in the league, looked good in the pre season.

20Four
10-24-2014, 03:29 AM
Wiz gon' be good this year especially if wall can get that consistent j, then its over :applause:

JohnMax
10-24-2014, 05:37 AM
He still cannot drive to the basket and finish. Its why he's always kicking it out.

Nick Young
10-24-2014, 05:38 AM
preseason-where that midget Japanese guy on Dallas looks like AI

El Gato Negro
10-24-2014, 06:11 AM
people take preseason way to seriously. that being said the wiz should have a good year.

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
10-24-2014, 06:33 AM
I've been saying he's the 3rd best pg (PERIOD) after Paul and Brook for months...jump on the bandwagon while you can...because he's going to be really display the brilliance he has shown in spurts the last couple o' years.
LOL @ westbrook or wall being better than Curry.
Wall is top 5 tho and been my 2nd fave PG for a min. most these PGs dont know what defense is

Lebronxrings
10-24-2014, 06:54 AM
the east this year is way too competitive. Looks like its gonna be to the wire like last year...

dannywpt
10-24-2014, 08:17 AM
Wall is top 5 tho and been my 2nd fave PG for a min. most these PGs dont know what defense is

:kobe:

IncarceratedBob
10-24-2014, 11:03 AM
the east this year is way too competitive. Looks like its gonna be to the wire like last year...
Lmao there's like 3 good teams. Cavs,Bulls and wiz

Le Shaqtus
10-24-2014, 11:10 AM

http://careergirlnetwork.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/damagecontrol.jpg

chips93
10-24-2014, 11:30 AM
Forgot about Porter. Looks like he played well this preseason. Should be interesting how much of a step he takes this year.

this

at college he looked like a really low risk pick. hes smart, decent athleticism, and can score. he should at least be a solid role player.

SugarHill
10-24-2014, 11:34 AM

How can they be better than Curry! These PG don't know what defense is. Can you spot the joke? :oldlol:

navy
10-24-2014, 11:40 AM
He's not better than Curry.

keep-itreal
10-24-2014, 11:41 AM
look really good. but jesus christ don't be going so hard during the preseason:oldlol:

save some energy

TheMilkyBarKid
10-24-2014, 11:45 AM
I've been on the wall bandwagon for some time now, his natural talents plus his work ethic could see him be a top 3-5 pg for years.
So happy I get to see him play next week.

ralph_i_el
10-24-2014, 02:27 PM
He was not impressive until the Knicks game this preseason. Didn't seem to be trying that hard in the other games or playing big minutes.

This last game was nice though. I'd like to see Wall slow down sometimes and finish more shots in the paint. Sometimes he makes poor decisions when he chooses to kick it out to shooters.

I'd also like to see him get some post touches. He has a habit of being torched by the tiny really quick guards in the L (I'm looking at you Isaiah Thomas), so he should try to exploit his size on the other end. He got some post touches early in his career (when our games didn't matter because we sucked) but he looked pretty good.

RidonKs
10-24-2014, 02:30 PM
that left handed dunk over munroe was unreal

Milbuck
10-24-2014, 02:50 PM
B-b-b-but Tony Parker's still the best PG! He was an MVP candidate 2 years ago! His team won the championship!

Suguru101
10-24-2014, 03:46 PM
How can they be better than Curry! These PG don't know what defense is. Can you spot the joke? :oldlol:

The contradiction hit me hard. :roll:

I legit double checked it.

bluechox2
10-24-2014, 05:46 PM
He was looking like a super fast Chris Paul in preseason, his jumper is wet

Sportal
10-24-2014, 06:06 PM
I could see Wall having a double-double this season. Definitely onwards and upwards for this guy.

20/11?

If this team gets Otto Porter going too, when he's on, looks like he can score 20+ at least. Wizards will probably be top4.

CLE, CHI, MIA, WAS - No order.

Legends66NBA7
10-24-2014, 06:16 PM
Let's not overrate Wall after 1 game. He hasn't looked that good in the preseason.

AirTupac
10-24-2014, 06:18 PM
I've been on the Wall ride since day 1, ready for take off :pimp: :pimp: :pimp:

tontoz
10-24-2014, 06:28 PM
First of all it is preseason. Secondly this was the only good game he has had in preseason. Last and certainly not least it was against the Knicks.

*yawn*

Legends66NBA7
10-24-2014, 06:31 PM
He was looking like a super fast Chris Paul in preseason, his jumper is wet

No, it hasn't been wet. 16/51 (31.4%) on all jumpers. 31.6% from 3. He shot 37.5% overall from the field.

Wall is fast, he'll create a lot, and he'll defend. He's just not all that polished with his shot and overall control of the game.

But whatever. It's just preseason and I'm sure he'll work out his efficiency. Sucks Beal is out, Wall has to really carry a lot for his team right out of the gate.

bizil
10-25-2014, 05:00 PM
Everybody talks about Rose and Westbrook in terms of the freakish athletic PG's. But Wall is in that class as well. The interesting thing about Wall is that he's probably the floor general of that bunch. I think u could argue Rose, but BOTH I feel are better than Westbrook in that sense. It seems Wall is the most pass first among the three. In order to round out his all around game, I think Wall should study some Gary Payton. If he can add those freak athletic gifts two Payton's great two dominance, Wall is gonna be EVER SICKER! It seems like he's headed in that direction already, but he's so young he's even close to his peak yet!

JohnMax
10-25-2014, 05:38 PM
I remember thinking John Wall would kill the Indiana Pacers because he was even faster than Jeff Teague

It turned out John Wall is not a good slasher when he's in the halfcourt.

Pointguard
10-25-2014, 08:52 PM
Everybody talks about Rose and Westbrook in terms of the freakish athletic PG's. But Wall is in that class as well. The interesting thing about Wall is that he's probably the floor general of that bunch. I think u could argue Rose, but BOTH I feel are better than Westbrook in that sense. It seems Wall is the most pass first among the three. In order to round out his all around game, I think Wall should study some Gary Payton. If he can add those freak athletic gifts two Payton's great two dominance, Wall is gonna be EVER SICKER! It seems like he's headed in that direction already, but he's so young he's even close to his peak yet!
This.

Wall is the purest point of the super athletes at that position. And he just might be the fastest (too close to tell between he and Rose). As I said in another thread, Wall and Rose have among the best off hand as well. It is natural that Wall would take more time to develop as he is a true point guard. I would like to see a little more ego out of Wall. Get Kyrie back for getting picked before him in rookie games, USA ball, and all star activities. Now its going to be a lot harder because Kyrie is in a great situation.

Human Error
10-25-2014, 08:56 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hiq82k0mZPE&list=UU7zHLmbmASW9zmLW8WpFm1g

Jesus Christ.
He is good but not scary good. So I guess it's just you.