PDA

View Full Version : If you were a draft prospect, which teams would you hate to get drafted by?

sammichoffate
10-24-2014, 03:54 AM
Which team(s) and why?

Marchesk
10-24-2014, 03:59 AM
Lakers, because I'd have to play with Kobe.

Cold soul
10-24-2014, 04:06 AM
Any of the lower market teams with little to no nightlife. Those being: Milwaukee, Cleveland, Utah, Indianapolis, and Minnesota.

BasedTom
10-24-2014, 04:07 AM
Are we taking everything into account? Team history, their current roster, and location?

Are we a top pick with NBA standard athleticism and skills, or is it just basically us as we are right now in real life?

Cocaine80s
10-24-2014, 04:25 AM
Milwaukee

JimmyMcAdocious
10-24-2014, 04:33 AM
No place with wicked cold winters. I need a light sweater when it's below 80 with some wind, so let's put it around a 50-60 at lowest average.

No hurricane hotspots, tornadoes, and crap like.

No or little championship history.

So what does that leave?

Fowl
10-24-2014, 06:03 AM
Utah is a shithole. Memphis has no history, sucks as a city, mediocre team, sucky court and jerseys. Atlanta sucks and will always suck and so do their fans and ownership.

If I had to choose a team to play for though? Dallas Mavericks. Marc Cuban and Dirk Nowitzki are pure class.

novocaine
10-24-2014, 06:04 AM
Atlanta.

ImKobe
10-24-2014, 06:11 AM
Minnesota.

BigTicket
10-24-2014, 06:39 AM
I wouldn't want to get drafted by Minnesota or Utah, simply because I would prefer to live somewhere else.

Nash
10-24-2014, 06:43 AM
Love: Miami. Great all year weather, great organization.

Hate: Minnesota, terrible weather, terrible organization. Still a franchise with very little success.

kurple
10-24-2014, 06:45 AM
i wouldnt care to be honest. its buisness

BigTicket
10-24-2014, 06:51 AM
i wouldnt care to be honest. its buisness

I don't believe that.

Are you really trying to pretend that as a ~20 year old with a ton of money, you wouldn't prefer to live someplace like NY/LA/Miami rather than Minneapolis/Salt Lake City/Milwaukee ?

kurple
10-24-2014, 06:55 AM
I don't believe that.

Are you really trying to pretend that as a ~20 year old with a ton of money, you wouldn't prefer to live someplace like NY/LA/Miami rather than Minneapolis/Salt Lake City/Milwaukee ?
its not about what i prefer

of course, i'd love to play for the nuggets, but i wouldnt lose any sleep over it

kurple
10-24-2014, 06:56 AM
and any NBA city is more exciting that Oslo

Lebronxrings
10-24-2014, 07:00 AM
Lakers. Guaranteed a championship and a stacked team.

novocaine
10-24-2014, 07:05 AM
and any NBA city is more exciting that Oslo

Olso is a GREAT city to live in.

dilley
10-24-2014, 07:20 AM
Oklahoma City. Couple years with some great players, then they leave and I'm stuck in ****ing Oklahoma by myself.

D-FENS
10-24-2014, 08:28 AM
Atlanta - boring team, city not a fit for me
Cleveland - boring-ass broken down city and don't want to play with Bron
Detroit - Terrible city, don't want to play with Smith and Jennings
Clippers - Horrible history, will always hate this team, everything about this franchise is 2nd rate
Lakers - natural enemies, but I respect them
Miami - pfft, horrible fan base, and Riley is a douche
Oklahoma City - boring city, lack of history, ugly uniforms, Westbrook is a shot jacker
Utah - nice scenario, too many mormons

thefatmiral
10-24-2014, 02:19 PM
Detroit. Milwaukee. Sacramento. Chicago, (dangerous place) and Oklahoma. Minnesota doesnt seem that bad. heard good things about the city.

Smoke117
10-24-2014, 02:20 PM
None. I'm being drafted to play in the NBA...you don't have the right to be a bitch like this in this regard.

Milbuck
10-24-2014, 02:46 PM
Milwaukee
http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lx9ft3eTFM1qhwiql.jpg

"I feel like I'm going to be able to grow with that organization. I'm trying to be a throwback player and only stick with one team."
- Jabari Parker

Jabari Parker had a poor showing at his workout with the Cleveland Cavaliers last Friday, and would rather go to the Milwaukee Bucks with the No. 2 pick in Thursday's draft, according to ESPN's Chad Ford.

Why? A source says he strongly prefers to play in Milwaukee.

"They aren't having a problem getting any of the top guys in," Ford wrote. "I know there's been a lot of talk out there that no wants to play for Milwaukee, but the truth is Parker, Wiggins and [Dante] Exum will all workout there and are willing to play in Milwaukee."

Cocaine80s
10-24-2014, 03:12 PM
http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lx9ft3eTFM1qhwiql.jpg
Dude is a Mormon that grew up in Chicago

Don't think he cares where he lives lol

Milbuck
10-24-2014, 03:21 PM
Dude is a Mormon

lol
Reported.

IncarceratedBob
10-24-2014, 03:24 PM
Houston. Nothing to do with the team but Houston is literally a shit hole.

Kblaze8855
10-24-2014, 03:25 PM
None. I'm being drafted to play in the NBA...you don't have the right to be a bitch like this in this regard.

Anyone has the right to not want to live and work anywhere.

A lottery pick is a coveted commodity multiple places are willing to give millions. You dont owe any of them anything.

Especially the high picks. A teams doesnt do you a favor drafting you. They seek to exploit your skills in excange for a cut of billions you will help generate.

You arent there because they are nice...plucking you out of your old life for a shot in the bigtime.

I think id have loyalty to a team that signed me in some type of walk on situation after I go undrafted. A team that gets me out of the Dleague. Id feel I owe them for giving me a shot...seeing something in me...maybe let me build a better life.

Lottery pick types dont owe their team a thing. Id say they owe it to the game to play their best where ever they are. They dont have to like the place or....want to stay. Or even want to go.

Long as you are being paid...perform like it.

But fact is...every team would pay the good players.

I wouldnt feel a speck of loyalty to a team I didnt want to be on.

They wouldnt have a speck towards me once they dont want me there.

Id say frienge players lucky to land a spot with a team that believes in them owe loyalty.

Stars owe nothing. They are generating more than the cap will ever let them approach in return.

Cocaine80s
10-24-2014, 03:36 PM
Repped
Fixed

wakencdukest
10-24-2014, 04:53 PM
Detroit - crime infested dying city.
New Orleans - see above.
Oklahoma City - Not a whole lot there.
Atlanta - Been through there a few times, not a fan.
Memphis - See above