PDA

View Full Version : Iman Shumpert is the best option for the Lakers to replace Nash.

WeGetRing2012
10-24-2014, 05:16 PM
Coach Scott said the Lakers need to make a trade for another PG. If we are granted a disabled-player exception of 4.3mil for a player on a one year deal Shumpert would be the best option.

Aren't the Knicks trying to move him & with his impending restricted free agent status there can't be that many suitors. Lakers can give a future draft pick (not our Rockets pick). Cut Wayne Ellingtion & sign Quincy Miller and we're set!

Shumpert/Lin
Kobe/Price
Wesley/Quincy Miller (Nick Young when healthy)
Boozer/Randle
Hill/Ed Davis

+ Jordan Clarkson, Ryan Kelly, Xavier Henry, Robert Sacre

IncarceratedBob
10-24-2014, 05:19 PM
Lakers are tanking this year. Their pick is only top5 protected

Hey Yo
10-24-2014, 05:30 PM
Jackson's recent take on Shumpert, He's pretty high on him.

"Even though Iman Shumpert was in [former Knicks coach] Mike Woodson's dog house for much of last season, he's one of my favorites because he's simply our best on-ball defender at the 2 position and also against the bigger 1s. Once he learns the intricacies of the offense, Iman will be able to create scoring opportunities for his teammates and, unlike last season, he'll know where his own shots will come from. Iman is an excellent driver but his shooting mechanics are very inconsistent. Sometimes he jumps too high to release his shot and sometimes he doesn't jump high enough. As a result, he never shoots the same shot twice."

FKAri
10-24-2014, 05:35 PM
'once he learns the intricacies of the offense' ?

This guy couldn't succeed with D'Antoni at the helm. He was the reason Lin looked so good in NY because nobody on that NY team could create for anyone else.

I'm very skeptical about Shump's ability to run point.

WeGetRing2012
10-24-2014, 05:38 PM
Jackson's recent take on Shumpert, He's pretty high on him.

Doesn't sound that positive to me outside of the props for his defense. And they aren't negotiating an extension with him because they want to save cap space for next year so he's likely gone after this year anyway.

Real Men Wear Green
10-24-2014, 05:44 PM
He's not an offensive point guard. He would be ok if Bryant is running the offense because he defends so well but i don't see him making a big difference for L.A.

Hey Yo
10-24-2014, 05:45 PM
'once he learns the intricacies of the offense' ?

This guy couldn't succeed with D'Antoni at the helm. He was the reason Lin looked so good in NY because nobody on that NY team could create for anyone else.

I'm very skeptical about Shump's ability to run point.
That was his rookie year and only played in 59 games.

bluechox2
10-24-2014, 05:47 PM
Shumps not a pg, he's a good 2 guard

10-24-2014, 05:49 PM
How would Shumpert replace Nash? He's a two guard and not an ounce of playmaking ability in him (at least at the NBA level).

smoovegittar
10-24-2014, 05:50 PM
Keep your stinking yellow and purple hands off my Knicks! :oldlol:

Naw... we got plans for Shump. Sucks about Nash.:(

bluechox2
10-24-2014, 05:56 PM
and we almost traded shump and a first rounder for Nash, until the lakers saved us from one of the worst deals ever

Dro
10-24-2014, 06:15 PM
I don't think Iman is a PG. I'm not sure if his handle is tight enough..He does have the mindset for the position, he seems to be a pass first player...I always thought he should average more points though. He can shoot from 3 and mid-range, he's athletic, he can defend and rebound. He's just not aggressive enough...