rlsmooth775
10-25-2014, 12:57 AM
thread

oarabbus
10-25-2014, 12:58 AM
I respect them both :confusedshrug:

ThatCoolKid
10-25-2014, 01:00 AM
Because people enjoy living vicariously through successful people, and feel threatened when others bash their second life in order to prop up their own avatar.

In other words, a whole bunch of losers are in love with Kobe and Lebron because they wish they were the lone wolf alpha or the charismatic joker and feel threatened by others.

Magic 32
10-25-2014, 01:02 AM
Because people enjoy living vicariously through successful people, and feel threatened when others bash their second life in order to prop up their own avatar.

In other words, a whole bunch of losers are in love with Kobe and Lebron because they wish they were the lone wolf alpha or the charismatic joker and feel threatened by others.

http://www.totalprosports.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/lebron-flop-3.gif

Taller than CP3
10-25-2014, 04:48 AM
I'm still mad they never met in the Finals. Our generation lost out on a potential Magic vs Bird type rivalry.

NZStreetBaller
10-25-2014, 05:02 AM
I'm still mad they never met in the Finals. Our generation lost out on a potential Magic vs Bird type rivalry.

me too. if only lebron beat the magic in 2009. and CP3 going to the lakers wasnt vetoed. it may have happened. oh well. we could very well see durant vs lebron in the finals now with durant entering his prime. if durant beats lebron it will be huge then it would be 1 - 1 :eek:

I<3NBA
10-25-2014, 05:05 AM
I blame Lebron for this.

allowing the likes of Turkoglu to take him out of the finals :facepalm

Cold soul
10-25-2014, 05:07 AM

Yes, I regret it too even to this day. It's such a shame too, just bad timing is all it could of been amazing rivalry, but it just wasn't meant to be.

Hoopz2332
10-25-2014, 01:22 PM
lebron wasn't polarizing before the 1st decision. Kobe on the other hand has always been hated

This is after lebron made his first "Decision" (2010)

Kobe Bryant is still more unlikable than LeBron James

[quote]For a long time, people loved LeBron James. Totally loved him in a non-platonic way (for the most part). At the same time, Kobe Bryant has been one of the most hated players in the NBA for the past few seasons. But it is funny how a summer can change things.

Now, after LeBron's decision and "The Decision," more and more people dislike LeBron James. Whether they think he's a coward, a jerk or just has a bad beard, the LeBron James train has less and less people enjoying its complimentary peanuts. And while LeBron has been busy making people angry, Kobe has been enjoying a great run that has seen him win an Olympic gold medal and two straight titles while staying out of headlines for anything bad. The tables have turned.

[Photos: See NBA star LeBron James in action]

Or so you'd think. But according to Q Scores revealed by CNBC's Darren Rovell, some things will never change.

In January 2010, The Q Scores Company took a poll of the general population and found that 24 percent of people thought of James in a positive light, compared to a 22 percent negative opinion.

Henry Schafer, executive vice president of the company, told CNBC that the average sports personality has a 15 percent positive score and a 24 percent negative score.

"LeBron's positive score at that time was the highest we had ever seen it," Schafer said.

But since "The Decision" show on July 8, things have gone seriously downhill for the NBA star.

LeBron's Q Score today?

Schafer says that now only 14 percent of the general population see him as a positive figure, a 41.6 percent drop, while 39 percent view him in a negative light, a 77 percent decline.

In fact, LeBron is now the sixth most disliked sports personality, according to The Q Score Company, behind Michael Vick, Tiger Woods, Terrell Owens, Chad Ochocinco and Kobe Bryant.

[Rewind: Did LeBron James really hurt his brand?]

[b]It's close, and actually Kobe is more well-liked

Stringer Bell
10-25-2014, 02:03 PM
"The Decision" really made Lebron hated/polarized. Sure he still had people who disliked him, all elite athletes do, but he was mostly someone who was liked by the masses. Horrible PR blunder.

I think the hatred became kind of ridiculous and extreme. Yeah Lebron is probably a narcissistic asshole, but so are many athletes. They were playing the Mavs and it was supposed to be a nice story that Jason Kidd, who did something far worse than Lebron has ever done (to the public's knowledge), wins a title.

They claim on some polls that he's more popular now than he was before he made "The Decision". I don't know about that, it sure seems like he has a lot more people who hate him than before July 2010.

Kobe is polarizing because he comes across as another narcissistic asshole, had the sexual assault charge, the feud with Shaq, and also because he gets compared so often to jordan.

Nowitness
10-25-2014, 02:07 PM
lebron because he colluded and flops like divac

kobe because he could be accused of rape and you would not be surprised.

JellyBean
10-25-2014, 02:14 PM

Me too! Not only the potential Magic/Bird type rivalry. But we lost out on the Kobe/Lebron puppet commericals. Thank goodness for youtube

FKAri
10-25-2014, 03:01 PM
One is a sociopath; the other is emotional.

One is a gunner with low %'s; the other is a pass-first guy with high %'s.

One came into the league with little hype; the other came into the league as "the chosen one".

One has only played with a single team; the other left his team only to come back to it.

One is skill based; the other is athleticism based.

One is a master of scoring; the other is a jack of all trades.

One is publicly liked but privately hated by those around him; the other is publicly hated and privately liked by those around him.

One keeps shooting and abandons teammates when things get bad; the other stops shooting and abandons the team when things get bad.

One is multilingual and cultured; the other is from Akron.

One has accepted balding; the other tries to cover it up.

One is a grandiose narcissist; the other is a vulnerable narcissist.

One would destroy the world to get his way; the other would let the world be destroyed unless he got his way.

One would do a good deed to gain public favor; the other would do a good deed to rid himself of guilt.

ThatCoolKid
10-25-2014, 03:04 PM

One came into the league with little hype; the other came into the league as "the chosen one".

One has only played with a single team; the other left his team only to come back to it.

One is publicly liked but privately hated by those around him; the other is publicly hated and privately liked by those around him.

One keeps shooting and abandons teammates when things get bad; the other stops shooting and abandons the team when things get bad.

One would destroy the world to get his way; the other would let the world be destroyed unless he got his way.

ayy lmao.

underrated post.

SugarHill
10-25-2014, 03:07 PM
damn fkari

HOoopCityJones
10-25-2014, 03:12 PM

One would do a good deed to gain public favor; the other would do a good deed to rid himself of guilt.

GOAT post. :bowdown:

#number6ix#
10-25-2014, 03:17 PM

:applause: this is extremely accurate

Nevaeh
10-25-2014, 04:12 PM

In other words, both are overrated as hell by their respective fan bases, which is the reason why they're so polarizing. They're also the only two players where any argument presenting statistical proof of the their short comings is considered "hate", even if people back up their argument against them with facts.

mehyaM24
10-25-2014, 04:19 PM
In other words, both are overrated as hell by their respective fan bases, which is the reason why they're so polarizing. They're also the only two players where any argument presenting statistical proof of the their short comings is considered "hate", even if people back up their argument against them with facts.

funny, because every time i point out jordan's HORRIFIC postseason record, 1-9, without scottie and phil, his occultists either A) turn a blind eye or B) call me a "salty hater".

this fact damns jordan's "GOAT" legacy - and his mythologists know it.

Element
10-25-2014, 04:26 PM
occultists

tf :roll:

Element
10-25-2014, 04:26 PM

:bowdown:

Nevaeh
10-25-2014, 04:27 PM
funny, because every time i point out jordan's HORRIFIC postseason record, 1-9, without scottie and phil, his occultists either A) turn a blind eye or B) call me a "salty hater".

this fact damns jordan's "GOAT" legacy - and his mythologists know it.

What were Jordan's stats during that 1-9 playoff run versus his next best teammate's at the time? And what teams did he go up against leading to the 1-9 record?

mehyaM24
10-25-2014, 04:29 PM
tf :roll:
your average jordan fanatic:
http://www.blogcdn.com/blog.moviefone.com/media/2009/09/500x_star-wars-bath-robes_02-%282%29.jpg

mehyaM24
10-25-2014, 04:31 PM
What were Jordan's stats during that 1-9 playoff run versus his next best teammate's at the time? And what teams did he go up against leading to the 1-9 record?
who cares? he was 1-9 in the playoffs. let that process into your brain.

lebron, kobe, kareem, magic, hell even wilt, would have been lambasted for such mediocrity.

Nevaeh
10-25-2014, 04:34 PM
who cares? he was 1-9 in the playoffs. let that process into your brain.

lebron, kobe, kareem, magic, hell even wilt, would have been lambasted for such mediocrity.

is that 1-9 over his entire career or a couple of years? Who was his coach during those 1-9 years?

ajnapoleon
10-25-2014, 04:53 PM
is that 1-9 over his entire career or a couple of years? Who was his coach during those 1-9 years?
Why does that matter:biggums: .......we could say the same for Kobe and lebrun does mike brown as your coach and having smush parker and chris mims as starters make a difference for you ......i bet not :coleman: FOH

Nevaeh
10-25-2014, 05:04 PM
Why does that matter:biggums: .......we could say the same for Kobe and lebrun does mike brown as your coach and having smush parker and chris mims as starters make a difference for you ......i bet not :coleman: FOH

meyha's trying to compare 2 polarizing athletes with one who's not, that's why it matters. The thread asks the question "why"? People give reasons, and just like clock work we have to hear about another athlete that wasn't even a part of the conversation.

Legends66NBA7
10-25-2014, 05:17 PM
I like them both, but I think they are polarizing because they win a lot and have had a lot of overall success that breed a lot of crazy fanatics that can't go over the top for their failures and defend them like it's life or death.

mehyaM24
10-25-2014, 05:28 PM
my point exactly. nobody mentions these things with other greats. there is no special "context".

which is hysterical because jordan fans ALWAYS come at posters with "bu-but 6/6" and "come fly with me". mythologists need to correct themselves. :no:

TheMarkMadsen
10-25-2014, 05:38 PM
You lost when when you said Kobe came into the league with little hype.

Do you even 1996 bro?

Nevaeh
10-25-2014, 05:43 PM
my point exactly. nobody mentions these things with other greats. there is no special "context".

which is hysterical because jordan fans ALWAYS come at posters with "bu-but 6/6" and "come fly with me". mythologists need to correct themselves. :no:

Dude, did you even read the Thread title? Even with "context", there's still legit reasons why KB and LBJ are so polarizing. Like I said, they're both overrated in the context of what they give/gave to the game, versus what they're fan bases actually want people to believe.

The reasons have been regurgitated in countless threads for years, yet peeps like you still act surprised that they're still polarizing. Two polarizing events just happened with them this year alone; one being LBJ abandoning yet another team to return to a team he promised titles to, and the other being Kobe calling ESPN's jounalists idiots. love em or hate, a lot of people still tune into that network and may take offense to that remark.

As for MJ, nobody can accuse him of not competing during his "1-9" run like they can do with both LBJ and KB at specific points in their careers, nor can they be accused of not having help during their struggling years when compared to MJ either.

ajnapoleon
10-25-2014, 05:56 PM
Dude, did you even read the Thread title? Even with "context", there's still legit reasons why KB and LBJ are so polarizing. Like I said, they're both overrated in the context of what they give/gave to the game, versus what they're fan bases actually want people to believe.

The reasons have been regurgitated in countless threads for years, yet peeps like you still act surprised that they're still polarizing. Two polarizing events just happened with them this year alone; one being LBJ abandoning yet another team to return to a team he promised titles to, and the other being Kobe calling ESPN's jounalists idiots. love em or hate, a lot of people still tune into that network and may take offense to that remark.

As for MJ, nobody can accuse him of not competing during his "1-9" run like they can do with both LBJ and KB at specific points in their careers, nor can they be accused of not having help during their struggling years when compared to MJ either.

Wait....its abandoning a team when you just don't sign a contract now:coleman:

also if you think what someone has said is dumb you would not say they are idiots :biggums:

mehyaM24
10-25-2014, 06:00 PM

correct. right now though, i am addressing the hypocrisy in your way of thinking.

1-9 in the playoffs = 1-9 in the playoffs. period. lebron gets flack for being swept by the spurs in 2007 - who was there to help him though?

kobe from 2005-2007 = first round choker. who was there to help shoulder kobe's giant scoring load?

kareem was a "loser" without magic. who was there to really facilitate and help kareem get better looks at the basket?

i can go on, but surely you get the point.

they're poloarzing because they come at a time where internet, cable and social media is at its peak. believe me - jordan's gambling exploits and terrible leadership skills would be held to the FIRE if he were playing today. make no mistake about it.

why not? 1-9 in the playoffs would make anyone question that players character. quit making excuses for your boy.

as for competing?

Before we write a eulogy for Lebron's legacy...let's take a trip down memory lane...

Game 5, 1989 ECF: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DgiPrZ1eDTU (entire game is on youtube)

At this point, this was the biggest game of Jordan's career, he's in his prime and he pulls a quit job. You know how many shots he took in the game? EIGHT. And half of them were in the first quarter. He took just one shot in the fourth quarter and airballed it. It wasn't like the game was out of hand, it was a nip and tuck till the end. Just like the Cavs last night, the Bulls were waiting for MJ to take over, or at least show he cared...but it never came.

it's never about just the number of shots...it's the demeanor. Bulls were up 2-1 in this series and stole home court, Jordan carried them in the game 3 win...didn't have a good game 4 and they lost, teammates didn't play well which was often the case. He comes out next game and plays the same passive way LBJ/KB have been accused of. Floats passes, has weird turnovers where his head doesn't seem in the game, content to just dump off the ball to his teammates and watch them 25 feet away from the hoop, content to have Brad Sellers take late clock jumpers rather than look or demand for the ball. There was defensive pressure sure, it's the bad boy Pistons after all, just like there was defensive pressure any time Lebron plays the Celtics. Great defense or not, you can't watch the game and not come out thinking the same thing you thought last night...wtf was MJ doing?

Even the announcers were puzzled and wondering what the hell was going on...

“he hasn’t really gotten that aggressive look at the offensive end so far”

”it’s almost like Jordan is on cruise control”

”at this point, Jordan is not even looking at the basket. More or less content to be a decoy”

”he’s been as quiet as a mouse, he just hasn’t been looking at the hoop and I think he has to”

Now put yourself back in 1989. You just watched MJ go through the motions for an entire game in the biggest game of his career, and it's more than likely because he's pissed at his team for not helping him in the previous game. Would you not be questioning his "killer instinct", "will to win" etc etc? Fast forward 5 years, when Jordan completes the three peat...are you still saying the same thing? Lebron's "killer instinct" was just fine when he refused to lose vs. Pistons in '07, in game 7 vs. Celts in '08, when he saved Cavs from elimination with one of the most dominant fourth quarters I've ever seen in game 5 vs. Magic last year, but now his legacy is forever tarnished over "killer instinct"?

The point of this post? Before you start going wild over last night's game, know that going back to Jordan's career at the same age, you'd be saying the same thing and come out looking like an ass once his career was done. The biggest difference between when MJ had these "I am going to prove a point" games 20 years ago to now? He didn't have the entire world congregating on the internet and accuse him of dogging it.

ajnapoleon
10-25-2014, 06:08 PM
Game 5, 1989 ECF: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DgiPrZ1eDTU (entire game is on youtube)[/QUOTE:biggums: :oldlol: :cry: :yaohappy: dont do him like that Jordan is a GOD to people that don't have flaws and made every shot....took pippen off the streets and spent hours showing pippen how to play ball and punched kerr in the eye just to show the world he was the leader.....:coleman:

JT123
10-25-2014, 06:18 PM
correct. right now though, i am addressing the hypocrisy in your way of thinking.

1-9 in the playoffs = 1-9 in the playoffs. period. lebron gets flack for being swept by the spurs in 2007 - who was there to help him though?

kobe from 2005-2007 = first round choker. who was there to help shoulder kobe's giant scoring load?

kareem was a "loser" without magic. who was there to really facilitate and help kareem get better looks at the basket?

they're poloarzing because they come at a time where internet, cable and social media is at its peak. believe me - jordan's gambling exploits and terrible leadership skills would be held to the FIRE if he were playing today. make no mistake about it.

why not? 1-9 in the playoffs would make anyone question that players character. quit making excuses for your boy.

as for competing?

Before we write a eulogy for Lebron's legacy...let's take a trip down memory lane...

Game 5, 1989 ECF: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DgiPrZ1eDTU (entire game is on youtube)
:roll: Fcking ether!

dubeta
10-25-2014, 06:23 PM
holy f*** meyhaM24 just bodybagged the stans! :wtf: :applause:

NZStreetBaller
10-25-2014, 06:31 PM
Wait....its abandoning a team when you just don't sign a contract now:coleman:

also if you think what someone has said is dumb you would not say they are idiots :biggums:

14 post since 2011 ???? daaayyyyummm

sportjames23
10-26-2014, 10:25 PM

Could you imagine ISH if that ever happened? I mean, if we think ISH is Kobe vs Lebron 24/7 now...:oldlol:

sportjames23
10-26-2014, 10:26 PM

as for competing?

6/6 will ALWAYS be >>>>>>> 2/5 doe, fggt.

Always.

Lebronxrings
10-26-2014, 10:27 PM

as for competing?

stans r dead :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

JT123
10-26-2014, 10:30 PM
6/6 will ALWAYS be >>>>>>> 2/5 doe, fggt.

Always.
:oldlol: Feelings = caught!

Bobcats2013
10-26-2014, 10:34 PM
Kobe is the 21st century alpha male.

Lebron is the best player in the world with an entire network dedicated to him.

AnaheimLakers24
10-26-2014, 10:35 PM
6> 5 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>2*

pauk
10-26-2014, 10:35 PM

This is Lebron we are talking about, not Gerald Green......... Kobe is not more noticeably skilled than Lebron at anything except FT shooting, however Lebron is a bit more skilled on other areas....

AnaheimLakers24
10-26-2014, 10:39 PM
This is Lebron we are talking about, not Gerald Green......... Kobe is not more noticeably skilled than Lebron at anything except FT shooting, however Lebron is a bit more skilled on other areas....
like flopping