PDA

View Full Version : Defenders bounce off like a rubber ball against Julius Randle

JohnMax
10-25-2014, 09:37 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GEERr3AEzec

He was too strong for Cousins and Evans too. If he can Ran-handle those two, he could bully just about anybody in the league.

JohnMax
10-25-2014, 10:05 AM
It was funny seeing Randle push Cousins out of the way so easily to get a rebound early in the game. Randle's strength is crazy.

oh the horror
10-25-2014, 10:09 AM
He was a great pickup for the lakers for sure. He's fast with handles too for a big.

outbreak
10-25-2014, 03:44 PM
Why is ish saying he is mini lebron but all the other sites I visit are saying he's one of the dissapoinments if preseason and their coach has quotes about him bring lost on the court.

Mr.Kite
10-25-2014, 04:02 PM
THis guy already has more fundamentals than dwight in his 10th year.

Dave3
10-25-2014, 04:08 PM
I really like his game, he knows when to take the jumper and when to use his size/speed. Hopefully he can get a lot of playing time on this team though.

oarabbus
10-25-2014, 04:12 PM
Cousins may have bounced off him on one single play... I REALLY don't think Randle is ANYWHERE close to strong as Boogie. Cousins has a few inches and 30lbs on the guy.

dubeta
10-25-2014, 04:55 PM
Considering 6'7.25 240 pounds LeBron basically manhandled Cousins, I dont see the big deal in this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vkh6UgitltM

Blue&Orange
10-25-2014, 05:16 PM
Already better footwork than Lebron.

qrich
10-25-2014, 05:19 PM
Dude's solid and has a high ceiling.

:roll: @ the Tragic taking Aaron Gordon over him.

SpecialQue
10-25-2014, 05:38 PM
The kid's looking great so far. Don't know what to expect from him. I'd be fine with Blake-lite.

AirTupac
10-25-2014, 05:43 PM
Why is ish saying he is mini lebron but all the other sites I visit are saying he's one of the dissapoinments if preseason and their coach has quotes about him bring lost on the court.

What are you talking about? He has had a few impressive games in the preseason. The only thing Byron was criticizing Randle for is keeping up the same energy over the full course of the game and he's been improving game by game, Scott even giving him props lately for the improvement, saying he has a very bright future.

SHAQisGOAT
10-25-2014, 10:41 PM
If he can get even close to something like a poor man's Charles Barkley... league's in trouble.

Human Error
10-25-2014, 11:13 PM
If he can get even close to something like a poor man's Charles Barkley... league's in trouble.
What trouble? Even if he's as good as prime Charles Barkley, the Lakers aren't making the playoffs this season.

SHAQisGOAT
10-25-2014, 11:24 PM
What trouble? Even if he's as good as prime Charles Barkley, the Lakers aren't making the playoffs this season.

:rolleyes:

So? I was speaking about him only, and he's still just a rookie also.
Trust me, if he ever managed to be as good as prime Chuck (can't see it due to various things), he would rape your favorite team :lol Oh, and if prime Chuck was on the current Lakers, there's a good chance they'd make the playoffs yea...

dreamwarrior
10-25-2014, 11:47 PM
He's the most fundamentally sound pick in the draft. He just needs to learn the system at this level is all. Guy is going to be a beast

masonanddixon
10-26-2014, 12:03 AM
He'll be a poor man's Bosh.

FireDavidKahn
10-26-2014, 12:39 AM
He's the most fundamentally sound pick in the draft. He just needs to learn the system at this level is all. Guy is going to be a beast
He isn't more fundamentally more sound than jabari, wtf are you smoking?:biggums:

Pointguard
10-26-2014, 01:07 AM
He's going to be a major player. Usually I stay away from commenting on left handed players, because something happens in the pro's you can't calculate. But Randle is like Harden in that there is a can't miss quality about them. He can really handle and keeps coming at you, similar to Harden and not like Beasley. He should have the best moves on the low blocks in the league, while being faster and more creative than Jefferson.

Lefties sometimes have concentration issues in the pro's after dominating in college (Harden, Derrick Coleman, Beasley, Walter Berry) and defense can get away from them. If coach tells them to focus on defense their strong points seem to fade as well. I hope he doesn't fall into that category.

Milbuck
10-26-2014, 01:14 AM
He's going to be a major player. Usually I stay away from commenting on left handed players, because something happens in the pro's you can't calculate. But Randle is like Harden in that there is a can't miss quality about them. He can really handle and keeps coming at you, similar to Harden and not like Beasley. He should have the best moves on the low blocks in the league, while being faster and more creative than Jefferson.

Lefties sometimes have concentration issues in the pro's after dominating in college (Harden, Derrick Coleman, Beasley, Walter Berry) and defense can get away from them. If coach tells them to focus on defense their strong points seem to fade as well. I hope he doesn't fall into that category.
Agreed on offense, he's going to be a monster. Defensively he's different than Harden. Randle is at a physical disadvantage from the start because of his height, wingspan, and lack of top-tier explosiveness to compensate for it. He can be good if he busts his ass on that end, but his ceiling is just not very high as an impact defender. Whereas Harden actually has all the tools to be an elite, elite defender in this league...he's just mentally retarded.

theoneneo
10-26-2014, 11:26 AM
Thing is he's only a Rookie, in 3 years no ones gonna be able to guard this Kid once he starts growing into his NBA body. Lakers future is in his hands, if he puts in the work he can be 20 & 10 guy. :applause:

ImKobe
10-26-2014, 11:42 AM
http://i1195.photobucket.com/albums/aa390/rlrugby1/Gif/BX%20Smiley/what_zpsa186bea4.png