PDA

View Full Version : Why do people act like Kevin Durant has had the same help as LeBron/Kobe?

Budadiiii
10-25-2014, 09:53 AM
Seriously...

Would LeBron or Kobe from age 21-25 win with the team and coach Durant played with these past years?

LeBron was nowhere near ready to win a title at 22 when he shit the bed in the finals against the spurs.

4 years later? Still not ready.

Durant has always been ready. He dropped 30 in the finals like it was nothing, and if you go back and watch that series, you'll see the refs put him in foul trouble in half the games so he wasn't even able to play without fear of fouling out.

Kobe was ready but he's nowhere near as good as Durant so there's no way they win with Kobe instead of Durant.

I'm starting to feel Durant getting massively underrated on here.

No player would win in his place, even LeBron from 2012 to now wouldn't.

IMObjective
10-25-2014, 10:06 AM
I'm rooting for okc to win it this year, but cmon, the team has 2 top 5 players and a top defensive big who can also shoot. Yeah, the coach might be a hindrance but this should be Durant's year to win.

Budadiiii
10-25-2014, 10:12 AM
I'm rooting for okc to win it this year, but cmon, the team has 2 top 5 players and a top defensive big who can also shoot. Yeah, the coach might be a hindrance but this should be Durant's year to win.
The Cavs have two top 5 players and a Big who can score 30 a game, shoot, rebound, and pass.

They have Andy V who is leaps and bounds better than any big OKC has.

They have Miller and Marion who are better 3 point shooters than anyone OKC has, except for maybe Morrow, who is injured

They have Kyrie Irving who looked like the best player in Fiba and the best shooting PG in the game, the best ball handler in the game, and one of the best finishers.

And pretty much everyone considers LeBron > Durant.

OKC is no where near a stacked team, even when healthy. Ibaka is the most overrated player in the league and we start literally the worst player in the league named Kendrick Perkins.

Lebronxrings
10-25-2014, 10:15 AM
Damage control...

HOoopCityJones
10-25-2014, 10:18 AM
Give Kobe Durant's Team the last few years and we win rings nikka.

AND he wouldn't let WB shoot em out of games, only he can do that. :coleman:

Budadiiii
10-25-2014, 10:19 AM
Damage control...
LeBron couldn't win with prime D-Wade scoring 34 points a game at age 26.

It wasn't until he went up against a flawed, young, terribly coached OKC team that he finally was able to get a ring.

That matters to me. Had the Spurs made it past OKC that year, LeBron would be ringless.

He would have never got over the hump.

You should be thanking OKC and their fans that your boy even has a couple of cheap rings.

Budadiiii
10-25-2014, 10:20 AM
Give Kobe Durant's Team the last few years and we win rings nikka.

AND he wouldn't let WB shoot em out of games, only he can do that. :coleman:
Kobe without competent big men?

:roll:

Yeah, Kobe and Westbrook shooting 40% would win rings, you got it!

Budadiiii
10-25-2014, 10:25 AM
The fact that Derek Fisher came in and got significant playing time with this squad tells you how unstacked OKC is.

I remember Kobe fans kicking the dude to the curb and calling him the worst player in the league.

OKC makes the most out of bad/average players like Fisher, Thabo, and Perkins. And still almost got a ring against a much better team in the Heat.

Had they called that foul on LeBron in game 2, OKC goes up 2-0 in the series and ultimately wins it IMO

Genaro
10-25-2014, 10:26 AM
Kobe without competent big men?

:roll:

Yeah, Kobe and Westbrook shooting 40% would win rings, you got it!
Prime Kobe would win a title with Ibaka as his big.
And he usually shoots above 45%

OKC's problem isn't the roster, it's the coach. OKC have a roster good enough to win but injuries and Scott Brooks put themselves on the way.

Budadiiii
10-25-2014, 10:34 AM
Prime Kobe would win a title with Ibaka as his big.
And he usually shoots above 45%

OKC's problem isn't the roster, it's the coach. OKC have a roster good enough to win but injuries and Scott Brooks put themselves on the way.
OKC has only had 1 year where they realistically could have won. The year they went up against a desperate Miami team who completely shut down James Harden and rendered our role players useless.

Injuries the next two years ruined any shot.

And people are still like: "OKC can't win with two top 5 players herp derp" completely ignoring context and not properly analyzing this average team outside Durant/Westbrook, who both now have been beat up carrying this team

OKC OVERachieves but idiots won't admit that.

And prime Kobe wouldn't win with this team, no way they get past the Spurs or Heat. No way.

HurricaneKid
10-25-2014, 10:36 AM
Seriously...

Would LeBron or Kobe from age 21-25 win with the team and coach Durant played with these past years?

LeBron was nowhere near ready to win a title at 22 when he shit the bed in the finals against the spurs.

Durant has always been ready. He dropped 30 in the finals like it was nothing, and if you go back and watch that series, you'll see the refs put him in foul trouble in half the games so he wasn't even able to play without fear of fouling out.

Kobe was ready but he's nowhere near as good as Durant so there's no way they win with Kobe instead of Durant.

Here is what the awful OKC has done without KD in the game the last FOUR SEASONS (points/100 poss):

+2.0 (Westbrook out extended time)
+4.1
+5.1
+4.6

Here is what Miami did without LeBron the last 3 years:
+.2

YES. OKC is far more f'ing stacked than any team LeBron has played on. BY FAR.

Fudge
10-25-2014, 10:39 AM
Hahahaha rat poison. They don't have anything to say nowwww.

Budadiiii
10-25-2014, 10:40 AM
Here is what the awful OKC has done without KD in the game the last FOUR SEASONS (points/100 poss):

+2.0 (Westbrook out extended time)
+4.1
+5.1
+4.6

Here is what Miami did without LeBron the last 3 years:
+.2

YES. OKC is far more f'ing stacked than any team LeBron has played on. BY FAR.
Amazing sample size there, retard.

Leave the talk to people without an agenda. You don't know basketball.

You either have to have big men or 3pt shooting and OKC has neither.

Who has won the past decade +? Teams with big men and/or 3pt shooting.

You have to have a coach who can run a system to get open shots. Brooks can't do it and we don't even have players who would hit them anyway

Durant/Westbrook ISO ball overachieves like crazy

Mure
10-25-2014, 10:42 AM
Meltdown.

pauk
10-25-2014, 10:42 AM
Seriously...

Dunno about Kobe, but Lebron yes.... logic says he would have a much better chance in that 2007 Finals with for example Westbrook instead of Boobie Gibson (hell only Reggie Jackson would be MUCH better) and Ibaka instead of Ilgauskas... Scott Brooks over Mike Brown.... and so on....

HurricaneKid
10-25-2014, 10:43 AM
Amazing sample size there, retard.

Leave the talk to people without an agenda. You don't know basketball.

You either have to have big men or 3pt shooting and OKC has neither.

Who has won the past decade +? Teams with big men and/or 3pt shooting.

You have to have a coach who can run a system to get open shots. Brooks can't do it and we don't even have players who would hit them anyway

Durant/Westbrook ISO ball overachieves like crazy

4 yr sample size isn't big enough for you? Are you f'ing kidding me?

Brooks sucks. Its true. It doesn't let KD off the hook. And the foundation of this thread has fallen into a sink hole.

Budadiiii
10-25-2014, 10:43 AM
Dunno about Kobe, but Lebron yes.... logic says he would have a much better chance in that 2007 Finals with for example Westbrook instead of Boobie Gibson (hell only Reggie Jackson would be MUCH better) and Ibaka instead of Ilgauskas... Scott Brook over Mike Brown.... and so on....
Yeah, but if he played in the West against the competition Durant has faced, he would't have made the finals in the first place...

context.

Budadiiii
10-25-2014, 10:45 AM
4 yr sample size isn't big enough for you? Are you f'ing kidding me?

Brooks sucks. Its true. It doesn't let KD off the hook. And the foundation of this thread has fallen into a sink hole.
How many game sample size?

5? 10? And how many of those games actually meant something and weren't at the end of the year in garbage time?

4 years though. Good shit, dumbass. Now give us some advanced stats on how well Durant and LeBron did without their second best player.... which is actually more relevant

I'm waiting.

Budadiiii
10-25-2014, 10:50 AM
The one thing you can say about OKC is they get to the line a lot and hit their freethrows better than anyone in the league.

That's why they win so many close games. And that's largely because Durant gets there in volume and hits them at a 90% clip

Durant deserves an insane amount of credit for what he does for this team. He's the best player in the world, I know it hurts to admit, but he is. LeBron on this team would not magically make them a championship team. How would he? He can't shoot and he doesn't hit free throws at a high %. They would be way worse off with LeBron, way worse

Who would he be passing to? Perkins and Ibaka? Westbrook on the wing, who's a terrible outside shooter, and terrible catch and shoot player?

It would be a disaster

HurricaneKid
10-25-2014, 10:54 AM
How many game sample size?

5? 10? And how many of those games actually meant something and weren't at the end of the year in garbage time?

4 years though. Good shit, dumbass. Now give us some advanced stats on how well Durant and LeBron did without their second best player.... which is actually more relevant

I'm waiting.

Its not the games he didn't play. Its all the minutes he wasn't in the game. Its in excess of 3200 minutes. Or 82 games at 40 min per game. Its a TON of data, and every last bit of it shows how wrong you are. AGAIN.

WTF does their second best player have to do with it. You said their supporting cast. Westbrook is his supporting cast and is about to show that he is a top 5 player when not restrained. You continue to move the goalposts. How KD does without Westbrook isn't the least bit relevant and I'm not going to bother parsing the data on that until you give me ONE valid explanation on how its relevant.

pauk
10-25-2014, 10:56 AM
You dont have to worry about KD criticism from my side at least in that championship department, even if he never wins.... championships are overrated, in basketball individually it to me means nothing because this is a team game and that is a 100% team accomplishment, i dont think it should measure an INDIVIDUAL's ability to shoot, score, dribble, pass, defend.... do we really need to see a guys number of championships to determine how great of a baller a player is?

Kevin Durant is one of the 15 greatest players i ever seen play, one of 5 greatest perimeter players i ever seen and one of the most unique players i ever seen..... and i dont need to see any rings to determine that....

Budadiiii
10-25-2014, 10:58 AM
Its not the games he didn't play. Its all the minutes he wasn't in the game. Its in excess of 3200 minutes. Or 82 games at 40 min per game. Its a TON of data, and every last bit of it shows how wrong you are. AGAIN.

WTF does their second best player have to do with it. You said their supporting cast. Westbrook is his supporting cast and is about to show that he is a top 5 player when not restrained. You continue to move the goalposts. How KD does without Westbrook isn't the least bit relevant and I'm not going to bother parsing the data on that until you give me ONE valid explanation on how its relevant.
2 of those years with Harden coming off the bench, the next with Martin, and the next with Jackson. Everyone knows OKC started two of the worst offensive players in the league. Thabo/Perkins.

So it's really not relevant at all.

Nice try though

Budadiiii
10-25-2014, 11:01 AM
You dont have to worry about KD criticism from my side at least in that championship department, even if he never wins.... championships are overrated, in basketball individually it to me means nothing because this is a team game and that is a 100% team accomplishment, i dont think it should measure an INDIVIDUAL's ability to shoot, score, dribble, pass, defend.... do we really need to see a guys number of championships to determine how great of a baller a player is?

Kevin Durant is one of the 15 greatest players i ever seen play, one of 5 greatest perimeter players i ever seen and one of the most unique players i ever seen..... and i dont need to see any rings to determine that....
:applause:

And I'm being honest here, I don't think anyone taking his place would do a better job with what he has around him. LeBron wouldn't fit well at all

SouBeachTalents
10-25-2014, 11:06 AM
http://www.multimediagames.com/sites/default/files/images/game-banner-images/MGAM_Meltdown_Mechanical_Banner.jpg

SwayDizzle
10-25-2014, 11:06 AM
Prime Kobe and Westbrook might've been the deadliest combo ever. Ring? No. Ringssssss

mehyaM24
10-25-2014, 11:07 AM
except for coaching, durant's had every bit of a help as kobe/lebron had.

westbrook = top 3 at his position
harden = top 3 at his positon
ibaka = top 2-3 defender at his position

before the harden trade, that was a big 4 with shooters for days. #STACKED

lilteapot
10-25-2014, 11:09 AM
epic meltdown

fitting that OP has a clown icon

retaxis
10-25-2014, 11:10 AM
:applause:

And I'm being honest here, I don't think anyone taking his place would do a better job with what he has around him. LeBron wouldn't fit well at all

Durant is a good player but he is seriously overated here. If he wants to win championships he has to develop a post game. Lebron won championships with his inside-out game but Durant is getting defended by Chris Paul...Durant just isn't at that level yet and thats the sad truth despite having a perfect team at this stage of his career.

Budadiiii
10-25-2014, 11:15 AM
Durant is a good player but he is seriously overated here. If he wants to win championships he has to develop a post game. Lebron won championships with his inside-out game but Durant is getting defended by Chris Paul...Durant just isn't at that level yet and thats the sad truth despite having a perfect team at this stage of his career.
Exactly the shit I'm talking about.

So only teams with great big men and 3 pt. shooting have been winning for the last decade+ and somehow he has a perfect team around him, even though they don't have good big men and poor 3pt shooting. And the worst coach in the league with the worst offensive schemes in the history of basketball

Ahhhhhhh. The ignorance is real

HOoopCityJones
10-25-2014, 11:46 AM
Lmao OP. No matter what you say about great big men, if Kobe had such a well rounded Team. Actually, forget it.

Your head is too far up your ass too see KD isn't on the level.

K Xerxes
10-25-2014, 11:56 AM
The one thing you can say about OKC is they get to the line a lot and hit their freethrows better than anyone in the league.

That's why they win so many close games. And that's largely because Durant gets there in volume and hits them at a 90% clip

Durant's FT% dropped from 91% in the regular season to 83% in the playoffs in 12-13. Then from 87% to 81% last year. Why?

LeBron isn't a great FT shooter, but he actually improved his FT% last year from regular season to playoffs, and ended up shooting pretty much the same as Durant from the line (81%) over the entirety of the playoffs.

How do you explain this?

Budadiiii
10-25-2014, 12:00 PM
Durant's FT% dropped from 91% in the regular season to 83% in the playoffs in 12-13. Then from 87% to 81% last year. Why?

LeBron isn't a great FT shooter, but he actually improved his FT% last year from regular season to playoffs, and ended up shooting pretty much the same as Durant from the line (81%) over the entirety of the playoffs.

How do you explain this?
Fatigue.

dubeta
10-25-2014, 12:33 PM
LeBron

2 rings in 4 years with a championship level supporting cast

Durant

0 rings in 4 years with a championship level supporting cast

Thats all that needs to be said

SouBeachTalents
10-25-2014, 12:34 PM
LeBron

2 rings in 4 years with a championship level supporting cast

Durant

0 rings in 4 years with a championship level supporting cast

Thats all that needs to be said

If you could even call LeBron's supporting cast in last year Finals "championship level"

dubeta
10-25-2014, 12:37 PM
If you could even call LeBron's supporting cast in last year Finals "championship level"

Wanted to cut Durant stans some slack

I removed Durants 2010 roster and added LeBron's 2014 roster just for sympathy

You can legitimately argue lebron is 2/3 with a championship roster and Durant is 0/5

red1
10-25-2014, 01:45 PM
why do people act like kevin durant is in the same class as kobe/lebron?

LBJ 23
10-25-2014, 02:16 PM
This thread :biggums:

OP imagine young Lebron having top 3-5 PG in the league, best 6th man in the league and best shotblocker and one of the best defensive bigs in the league all at the same time. Young Lebron had Finals apperance, deep playoffs runs, dominating regular seasons while having none of that.

Also just for fun, compare the criticism Lebron received in 09' and 10' when he failed to reach the Finals or win the Chip while having his 2nd best player in Mo Wiliams and compare the criticism Durant received this past years when he failed to reach the Finals or win a ring while having a top 5 player by his side and one of the best defensive bigs. It's ridiculous to how high standards young Lebron was held to.

Lebronxrings
10-25-2014, 02:25 PM
I do agree on one part the op said, Kobe would not win with this team. Kobe needs a great coach and several hofs in order to win. I think current Durant is better than any version of Kobe.

JellyBean
10-25-2014, 02:29 PM

This :applause: Shut her down. Turn out the lights. Let's go home.

HOoopCityJones
10-25-2014, 02:45 PM
I do agree on one part the op said, Kobe would not win with this team. Kobe needs a great coach and several hofs in order to win. I think current Durant is better than any version of Kobe.

So did Magic , Mike, Kareem, Timmy D, Shaq, Isiah. :confusedshrug:

Lebron needed three future HoF. On one ****ing Team.

ThatCoolKid
10-25-2014, 02:45 PM
Fatigue.

I know Budadiiii is normally a pretty funny troll, but he's being serious in this thread, and he's also right.

I would argue before OKC lost Harden, that was a championship caliber roster. But without Harden, this team is incredibly mediocre sans Durant.

Talent wise:

Westbrook is one of the most inconsistent players in the league, although he can look like the best player in the world on some nights.

Ibaka is a very good weak side defender with a solid jump shot. Nothing more than a role player.

The rest of the team are inarguably role players, so the talent around Durant is mediocre.

Team wise:

The team concept is let Brook and Durant iso and play by themselves for 48 minutes, and they are not good defensively either. They are 14th at 3 point shooting (0.361), even with Durant on their team. They are incredibly reliant on Durant or Brook penetrating to draw fouls for their points. Scott Brooks is an idiot.

Durant was visibly gassed at the end of the series against the Spurs last season. He slipped and fell on his @ss during an important possession and had absolutely no lift on his jumper.

Do you know why? Because he is (along with Brook) expected to carry this garbage team the entire season.

Durant looks like AI or Rose on the 76ers or Bulls except with Westbrook instead of an incredible defense. The fact that people cannot recognize this is confusing.

You'll all see how crappy this team is now that Durant won't be there to do everything for them anymore.

dubeta
10-25-2014, 02:47 PM
So did Magic , Mike, Kareem, Timmy D, Shaq, Isiah. :confusedshrug:

Lebron needed three future HoF. On one ****ing Team.

At least LeBron won

Kobe LOST twice with 3 HOFs

2004 and 2013

HOoopCityJones
10-25-2014, 02:49 PM
At least LeBron won

Kobe LOST twice with 3 HOFs

2004 and 2013

Yup.

And WON with less. :applause: :bowdown: :pimp: :banana:

GOATBE.

JT123
10-25-2014, 02:59 PM
Yup.

And WON with less. :applause: :bowdown: :pimp: :banana:

GOATBE.
Prime Shaq >>>>>>>>>>>>>> declining Wade and Bosh

HOoopCityJones
10-25-2014, 03:06 PM
Prime Shaq >>>>>>>>>>>>>> declining Wade and Bosh

One player doesn't make a victory. Just ask Jordan.

Couldn't do shit until Pippin and Kukoc came along, neither could Shaq until he Teamed up with Kobe. You guys can keep using Shaq as your excuse for everything, but if he was that "GOdly" and unstoppable we would have won every year they played together and with Wade in Miami, plain and simple.

Keep trolling though, every time you do, I'm sure you're further away from losing your virginity. :applause:

Young X
10-25-2014, 03:15 PM
The better question is why do OKC fans criticize their own team so much when according to them they have two top 3 players?

They had KD, Westbrook, Harden along with Ibaka at one point and always get the benefit of the whistle; how much help do you need?

Lebronxrings
10-25-2014, 06:12 PM
The better question is why do OKC fans criticize their own team so much when according to them they have two top 3 players?

They had KD, Westbrook, Harden along with Ibaka at one point and always get the benefit of the whistle; how much help do you need?
/ thread

Cocaine80s
10-25-2014, 06:17 PM
24 yr old Lebron with Westbrook, Ibaka, and Harden?

Lebron wouldve won with that team easily

dubeta
10-25-2014, 06:21 PM
24 year old LeBron put up 35/9/7 and went to Game 6 in the ECF without an actual team

Heck, forget Ibaka and Harden

Just Westbrook and a 24 year old LeBron is 3 rings minimum

knicksman
10-25-2014, 08:43 PM
24 year old LeBron put up 35/9/7 and went to Game 6 in the ECF without an actual team

Heck, forget Ibaka and Harden

Just Westbrook and a 24 year old LeBron is 3 rings minimum

28 yr old bran put 18ppg against a real team while durant put up 30 ppg on his first finals appearance..lol

dubeta
10-25-2014, 09:18 PM
28 yr old bran put 18ppg against a real team while durant put up 30 ppg on his first finals appearance..lol
:hammerhead:

Get ur numbers right little boy

Lebronxrings
10-25-2014, 09:19 PM
empty stats... he never showed up in 4th quarters...

Mr Exlax
10-25-2014, 09:35 PM
Kevin Durant
Jeff Green
Russell Westbrook
James Harden
Serge Ibaka
Thabo Sefolosha

That little core right there would be damn near unbeatable if OKC would have kept it. They just needed more time to grow. I think they'd fit together better than Miami did. I don't think they'd compliment each other as good as Kobe, Bynum, Gasol and Odom. Stop looking at the shit on paper and understand about skill sets complimenting each others.

TheMarkMadsen
10-25-2014, 09:42 PM
01 Kobe with WB & Ibaka = championship

Cold soul
10-25-2014, 10:12 PM

Exactly. Both are much greater players even at Durant age, he has ton of talent around him no excuses.

Mr Exlax
10-25-2014, 10:18 PM

They need a consistent low post scorer.