PDA

View Full Version : If columbus never "discovered" the americas would you exist?

MavsSuperFan
10-25-2014, 03:01 PM
People have been shitting on columbus lately talking about how he enslaved people, raped women, murdered, etc

all true, but lets be honest how many people alive today would exist without columbus? He is one of the most consequential human beings to have ever lived.

taking ISH as an example

I am going to go out on a limb and assume every white american poster, or white canadian poster here would not exist without columbus.

Personally, my genetic makeup contains german, irish, french, and dutch, and that is just the ones I know about. its very unlikely my genetic combination would have happened without the existence of America. Other than recent immigrants this is probably true for almost all americans.

If your latino you also owe your existence to columbus.
And most black posters here as well.

Theoo
10-25-2014, 03:25 PM
iceland viking erik the red find america before colambus , so im very much not impress by him , i well tel you that if colambus dint exist everone in america well be icelandic , these forum well talk icelandic , jeff well talk icelandic , every white american poster and white canadian poster here well be icelandic and i well be respected modertator on these forum

sweggeh
10-25-2014, 03:30 PM
I would lol.

Well if you are talking about going back in time and changing things, I probably wouldn't exist because of the butterfly effect and all. But aside from that have no origins from the US so I would be fine.

ROCSteady
10-25-2014, 03:34 PM
The Vikings discovered North America.

Timmy D for MVP
10-25-2014, 03:35 PM
So... without Columbus no one would have come and settled in the Americas? Even though that happened?

SugarHill
10-25-2014, 03:35 PM
iceland viking erik the red find america before colambus , so im very much not impress by him , i well tel you that if colambus dint exist everone in america well be icelandic , these forum well talk icelandic , jeff well talk icelandic , every white american poster and white canadian poster here well be icelandic and i well be respected modertator on these forum
:oldlol:

KyrieTheFuture
10-25-2014, 03:38 PM
We might not exist, but other people who don't exist now would take our place in that alternate existence

rezznor
10-25-2014, 03:40 PM
The Vikings discovered North America.
asians discovered north america

L.Kizzle
10-25-2014, 03:42 PM
False

zoom17
10-25-2014, 03:45 PM
So... without Columbus no one would have come and settled in the Americas? Even though that happened?

:oldlol: :applause:

CelticBaller
10-25-2014, 03:46 PM
no, and people need to grow up over the Columbus thing, like we were any kind to the natives here

Real Men Wear Green
10-25-2014, 03:48 PM
I also wouldn't exist if Hitler never rose to power. This is just the product of being a major historical figure. Makes for a large-scale butterfly effect. I don't feel any gratitude.

rezznor
10-25-2014, 03:48 PM
Africans discovered Asia.
Aliens discovered Africa

Nanners
10-25-2014, 03:50 PM
if columbus had not "discovered" the americas, some other european would have done it. its not like other europeans would have never tried to head west on the atlantic without columbus. european "discovery" and colonization of the americas was inevitable regardless of whether columbus got here first.

so yes, without columbus we would all still exist.

edit: this question is basically the same thing as asking if humans would have stepped foot on the moon without neil armstrong

ROCSteady
10-25-2014, 03:52 PM
asians discovered north america

Which portion? Ring of Fire region I presume?

rezznor
10-25-2014, 03:57 PM
Which portion? Ring of Fire region I presume?
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/2/27/Spreading_homo_sapiens_la.svg/600px-Spreading_homo_sapiens_la.svg.png

Scientific evidence links indigenous Americans to Asian peoples, specifically eastern Siberian populations. Indigenous peoples of the Americas have been linked to North Asian populations by linguistic dialects, the distribution of blood types, and in genetic composition as reflected by molecular data, such as DNA.[14] 8,000 BCE – 7,000 BCE (10,000 – 9,000 years ago) the climate stabilized, leading to a rise in population and lithic technology advances, resulting in a more sedentary lifestyle.

Draz
10-25-2014, 04:03 PM
The question is where would you exist

PHX_Phan
10-25-2014, 04:30 PM

:roll:

Shade8780
10-25-2014, 05:03 PM
I would lol.

bigkingsfan
10-25-2014, 05:04 PM
Butterfly effect, so none of us would exist.