PDA

View Full Version : Anthony Bennett this preseason

Uncle Drew
10-25-2014, 06:26 PM
Now before y'all get the comments ''it's just preseason cuh'' rolling, I'd like to say that I am aware of the fact that it's just preason. But I'm bored, preseason is over, and we won't have real basketball just yet. I haven't seen all his games this preseason, some weren't even televised, so it's just basing things on a boxscore and a highlight video. But the kid seems to do alright with the Wolves.

http://puu.sh/cquPk/b10cc759f0.png

Some of his highlights:
vs Bulls: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dec5oPjTDoY
vs Sixers: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MEiswwiR6YM

One thing that stood out for me, was that he just shot one 3-pointer. He can make the NBA 3, but I've seen him shoot some ugly ones too last year. His game, besides two, was really efficient. He seems ready to show that last season was a fluke, and that he won't be the biggest bust in history. I'm rootin' for him. Go get 'em AB.

MP.Trey
10-25-2014, 06:27 PM
That's ma boy. I'm a believer. :applause:

hawkfan
10-25-2014, 06:33 PM
On track for Paul Millsap type of career.

:applause:

JohnMax
10-25-2014, 06:34 PM
It helps to go from a ballhogger to Ricky Rubio

bagelred
10-25-2014, 06:43 PM
Looks like the next Andrea Bargnani. :applause:

FatComputerNerd
10-25-2014, 06:44 PM
It helps to go from a ballhogger to Ricky Rubio

More like it helps to actually get touches, be in better shape, and have a healthy shoulder.

I called it months ago.

He will win the MIP award and is a future all-star.

hawkfan
10-25-2014, 06:48 PM

Count his three pointers.

BoogieWoogieMan
10-25-2014, 06:49 PM

He took 1 three pointer in 6 games. He hasn't earned that curse.

hawksdogsbraves
10-25-2014, 07:00 PM
My thing with Bennett from when I watched him last year was how slow he was laterally. I just don't think he'll even be anything close to an average defender, so even if he 'explodes' and gives you 17/10, he's still going to have a lot of his value sucked up by that fact.

Don't want to hate on him too much though, he played well this summer and the preseason, hope he sheds the bust label.

JimmyMcAdocious
10-25-2014, 07:17 PM
Not that it will happen because Minnesota. But it would be rather amusing if AB, Wiggins, and whatever else on the Wolves end up developing together, reach near their ceilings, and win more championships than LeBron and Love in Cleveland.

Smoke117
10-25-2014, 07:36 PM
He will be MIP this season.

Collie
10-25-2014, 07:39 PM
More like it helps to actually get touches, be in better shape, and have a healthy shoulder.

I called it months ago.

He will win the MIP award and is a future all-star.

Even if he just averages 10/5, he'll already be in contention for MIP. :oldlol:

RedBlackAttack
10-25-2014, 07:45 PM
My thing with Bennett from when I watched him last year was how slow he was laterally. I just don't think he'll even be anything close to an average defender, so even if he 'explodes' and gives you 17/10, he's still going to have a lot of his value sucked up by that fact.

Don't want to hate on him too much though, he played well this summer and the preseason, hope he sheds the bust label.
I don't really believe that you want him to shed that label. :oldlol:

He may not be a Cavalier anymore, but I'm still watching him and I still believe he'll be a good NBA player.

hawksdogsbraves
10-25-2014, 08:05 PM
I don't really believe that you want him to shed that label. :oldlol:

He may not be a Cavalier anymore, but I'm still watching him and I still believe he'll be a good NBA player.

:rolleyes:

I honestly don't know where my irrational dislike for Bennett came from, but I think it had to do with whatever satanic luck the Cavs have in the lottery. Now that he's off the team I'm ok with him.

poido123
10-26-2014, 12:45 AM
Here's the posters backing him in:

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=348946

oarabbus
10-26-2014, 01:30 AM
Glad to see he might be serviceable to good. But it isn't looking like he will ever produce #1 pick value.

MMM
10-26-2014, 04:50 AM
2nd year player shouldn't really be in the discussion for MIP

coin24
10-26-2014, 04:52 AM
Guess all he needed was to be healthy and some touches :oldlol:

Force
10-26-2014, 05:26 AM
LOL @ considering a second year player for the MIP award. You don't seem to understand various things regarding this subject.

Bennet can play and will be in the league a long time. I don't know if he ever makes an all star team or becomes a franchise changing impact player but the draft was a weak one and he was a surprise at #1. These kids come out too young and this is just more proof. I'm sure by the time he's 23 and up for a contract he'll be pretty good and make some bucks.

MP.Trey
10-26-2014, 10:16 AM
2nd year player shouldn't really be in the discussion for MIP

LOL @ considering a second year player for the MIP award. You don't seem to understand various things regarding this subject.

Why not? If a 2nd year player improves their game and production more than anyone else in the league, then they obviously would deserve the award. The award isn't called most improved veteran, it's most improved player.

Alvin Roberston won it in his second year.
Kevin Duckworth won it in his second year.
Kevin Johnson won it in his second year.
Rony Seikaly won it in his second year.
Don Maclean won it in his second year.
Gilbert Arenas won it in his second year.
Monta Ellis won it in his second year.

And I believe Bennett will too. But we'll see.

RidonKs
10-26-2014, 10:34 AM
On track for Paul Millsap type of career.

:applause:
millsap is a great comparison. i can only hope he gets there... better outside shooter but not as much of a bulldog around the basket as millsap and probably doesn't have the touch either.

i saw bennett for just a quarter or two combined but you could already tell he was gonna have a breakout season just based on the body he came back from the summer with. he looked like an entirely different person.

he'll have to earn his minutes behind young but his competition is like dante cunningham and whoever backs up wiggins at the 3 spot.

i expect a solid year and a bunch of haters swallowing the venomous puke they smeared all over him last year.

FatComputerNerd
10-26-2014, 11:43 AM
Here's the posters backing him in:

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=348946

Somehow I missed that thread, but there have been several.

Here is another: http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=347325

senelcoolidge
10-26-2014, 12:55 PM
I don't think he will live up to being a #1 pick, but being on a team like the Timberwolves will make him look good. Bad team means playing time.

JellyBean
10-26-2014, 02:12 PM
I know it was preseason and not much too read into it. But just watching Bennett on the floor he seems more fluid, more confident, and more assertive out there. Like anything, you get better the more you do it. Anthony shows that, especially when attacking the boards on the offensive end. Plus he is healthy.

I keep telling folks, the Timberwolves are going to shock some people. Don't sleep on Minnesota. If you do, you are going to get embarrassed.

fiddy
10-26-2014, 02:26 PM
role player at best

RidonKs
10-26-2014, 02:45 PM
I keep telling folks, the Timberwolves are going to shock some people. Don't sleep on Minnesota. If you do, you are going to get embarrassed.

west too deep bro

if twolves surprise anybody, it will only be those who have them ranked below lakers or jazz or kings. best case scenario they get the 10th seed in the west, above the nuggets and the pelicans. even that is unlikely as their interior defense is exceedingly weak... dieng might contribute but not enough.

RoseCity07
10-26-2014, 03:42 PM
Looking much better but I still think regular season defense is going to shut him down most nights. Teams put in much more effort when the games matter. I also think if he becomes a good player he'll get paid and then get fat again.

He's never going to be Charles Barkley. I can see a Elton Brand type of player but never a superstar.

chips93
10-26-2014, 04:38 PM
the elton brand comparison is a good one, id say he'll peak as a more athletic, less polished version of brand.

i dont think he'll develop the overall skill or basketball iq to be a paul milsapp type player. his ball handling and vision are really underrated, two things bennett doesnt have