PDA

View Full Version : Wwyd?

Patrick Chewing
10-25-2014, 11:15 PM
So you're in your late 20's or early 30's (my case), and you've been around the block once or twice. You're not a bully, but you know how to defend yourself and you're past that point where "acting tough" is what determined how much of a real man you are.

So you're at a red light in your hybrid car or minivan (family of course) and a couple of teens start walking by your car cause they obviously can't afford anything else, and as they walk past your car, they start shouting obscenities at you and open their arms as if asking you what you're going to do about it.

WWYD?

Laugh it off and continue on your way?

Pull back around and question them on their actions?

Call the cops?

Get out of the car and show them that minivan don't mean shit?

The latter could of course lead to a physical confrontation and possible injury and/or arrest.

And FYI, this happened to me the other day and all I did was roll down my window and yell back at them.

NZStreetBaller
10-25-2014, 11:19 PM
So you're in your late 20's or early 30's (my case), and you've been around the block once or twice. You're not a bully, but you know how to defend yourself and you're past that point where "acting tough" is what determined how much of a real man you are.

So you're at a red light in your hybrid car or minivan (family of course) and a couple of teens start walking by your car cause they obviously can't afford anything else, and as they walk past your car, they start shouting obscenities at you and open their arms as if asking you what you're going to do about it.

WWYD?

Pull back around and question them on their actions?

Call the cops?

Get out of the car and show them that minivan don't mean shit?

The latter could of course lead to a physical confrontation and possible injury and/or arrest.

laugh it off bro. and drive away the reason why people say "if you can walk away from the fight you're the bigger man" is because its true if you respond to somebody down talking you it basically means they got to you and they penetrated your emotions.

As soon as you get involved in conflict with someone your immediately on the same level as them.

Its why engaging in confrontations on ISH is super beta. :cheers:

dude77
10-25-2014, 11:20 PM
lol not even worth talking about .. why would you let a couple punks get to you like that ?

Warfan
10-25-2014, 11:30 PM
Hit them with your car. Though not so hard that you run them over, but hard enough to send them a message.

L.Kizzle
10-25-2014, 11:35 PM
You're in your early 30s and they're teens. Do what most grown men would do ...

ace23
10-25-2014, 11:40 PM
Roll my window down and tell them I appreciate the insults smiling the whole time.

Snow
10-25-2014, 11:45 PM
I have a different sense of pride than I used to. I have a little 3 year old to think about now. I'll always ignore a situation like that if possible. I'll even run or drive away if I have to. But the moment they put my wife or kid in danger, I'll just shoot them if I can't get my family to safety. In my state, the castle doctrine extends to your vehicle and practically every other guy who isn't a criminal has a permit to carry a pistol.

Patrick Chewing
10-25-2014, 11:50 PM
Roll my window down and tell them I appreciate the insults smiling the whole time.

Like a true gentleman!

SugarHill
10-25-2014, 11:53 PM
I'd tell them about Adam and Eve

SupermanOnSteroids
10-26-2014, 12:08 AM
i would look at them and laugh and mock them and their mannerisms. knowing my girl, she would join in and point and laugh as well. this seems to frustrate most trouble starters but doesn't give them enough ammo to take things any further. then as they walk away dejected i would pull out my tec9 and blast those fools in the back as my girl yells 'riverside mother fu ckers' while hanging out the window. i would then proceed to peel out in my aforementioned minivan and continue with my trip to home depot and bed bath and beyond as if nothing ever happened.

irondarts
10-26-2014, 12:39 AM
Man, I don't drive anymore and just commute on my bike and I also ride upwards of 60 miles every weekend on my road bike. The type of harassment I receive on a regular basis would drive OP nuts. I mainly just ignore it because really it's not worth it and you never know what a psycho in a car will do.

But I've had people try to purposefully make me crash, try and run me off the road, lean on their horn for prolonged stretches, have had "get off the road ******" yelled too many times to count. I mostly ignore it, I've called the cops a few times when drivers had tried to cause me harm. Mostly you've gotta let this type of shit go because it's just not worth it.

russwest0
10-26-2014, 12:41 AM
I'd roll my window down...

"Hey, come here!"

And then when they come over... open my car door super fast and slam it right into the persons hip and drive off while yelling "PHAGS!!!" out the window.

travelingman
10-26-2014, 01:34 AM
http://i62.tinypic.com/35b8jdw.jpg