PDA

View Full Version : Carmelo Anthony vs James Harden

dubeta
10-27-2014, 04:07 PM
Who would you take to be on your team just for next season?

RoundMoundOfReb
10-27-2014, 04:07 PM
Harden

Milbuck
10-27-2014, 04:12 PM
Melo and it's not even remotely close. We're talking about one of the most gifted scorers ever vs some shmuck Stern and Silver found and decided they'd turn into a "superstar". A Harden-led team is never reaching the WCF..if his team does, he'd be the clear #2. Whereas I know that if I put a well-constructed roster around Melo with a good coach, conference finals aren't out of the question.

MellowYellow
10-27-2014, 04:13 PM
Stupid question, Harden isn't even on the same level as Melo. It is Melo by a country mile. Might as well ask Lebron or Luol Deng.

Im Still Ballin
10-27-2014, 04:15 PM
Melo and it's not even remotely close. We're talking about one of the most gifted scorers ever vs some shmuck Stern and Silver found and decided they'd turn into a "superstar". A Harden-led team is never reaching the WCF..if his team does, he'd be the clear #2. Whereas I know that if I put a well-constructed roster around Melo with a good coach, conference finals aren't out of the question.
When it comes to Harden you are more predictable than a robot.

but you goddamn right every time.

gts
10-27-2014, 04:16 PM
This...

Lebronxrings
10-27-2014, 04:17 PM
Harden. I actually want to make the playoffs.

MellowYellow
10-27-2014, 04:21 PM
:biggums:
Real? If they traded places last year, Houston would have made WCF, maybe further because Melo took a far inferior team to the WCF in 2009 and he is a much better player now. Harden on the Knicks would win 29 games and be even more dysfunctional.

Genaro
10-27-2014, 04:21 PM
Lakers already have Kobe on the 2 but even if they haven't I would probably still choose Melo.

Milbuck
10-27-2014, 04:23 PM
What's the point of making the playoffs if you're going to play for the other team once it starts?

Also, lmfao at Harden making the playoffs with KD/Westbrook/Ibaka, and then Dwight Howard/Chandler Parsons being some huge accomplishment. Melo has won 54 games with JR ****ing Smith and Fatass Felton as his 2nd and 3rd scoring options. And even with the lack of talent and the team being hurt by injuries he they were 2 wins away from the conference finals.

Melo >>>>>>>>>> Harden

Smoke117
10-27-2014, 04:24 PM
Pass. I don't want either.

oarabbus
10-27-2014, 04:35 PM
Melo. In terms of attitude, non-defense-playing, ballhogging, etc, they are actually similar. Melo is a bigger, better rebounding, better defense James Harden. It's NOT EVEN CLOSE Melo all day

MellowYellow
10-27-2014, 04:38 PM
Pass. I don't want either.
Cool, have fun missing the playoffs with CB fail eating up twice what he should be making in terms of salary

SouBeachTalents
10-27-2014, 04:40 PM
Cool, have fun missing the playoffs with CB fail eating up twice what he should be making in terms of salary

But he's a "superstar" though

Smoke117
10-27-2014, 04:42 PM

The Heat are not my team, but okay. \^_^/

ImKobe
10-27-2014, 04:44 PM
Melo.

I<3NBA
10-27-2014, 05:17 PM
on the Cavs? Harden. i need someone to run the 2nd unit. and get us some fouls and the other team in foul trouble

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
10-27-2014, 05:27 PM
Melo hes arguably a top 10 player
Hardon is lower end of top 25

TylerOO
10-27-2014, 06:00 PM
beard gang

JonatanRey
10-27-2014, 07:38 PM
The best thing Harden does, Melo does it better. We can have this conversation in a couple of years.

bizil
10-27-2014, 07:54 PM
I would say Melo! For whatever reason SF's like Melo, Nique, King, English, Dantley, and Aguirre get shitted on FOR BEING ALPHA DOGS! No matter what the rest of their game entails you HAVE TO RESPECT THEM FOR THAT if anything. It's the most premium asset in bball. Melo in addition to having one of the premier scoring skillsets of all time is also a great rebounding SF. It also shouldn't be taken for granted that he can move to a stretch PF position while still playing big enough on the glass their too.

But Harden is a beast and still getting better. Of the new era of SG's, he's the most complete on offense. What gets him in trouble is his defense. I think his D will improve over the years, but he will never be a great defender.

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
10-27-2014, 08:32 PM
I would say Melo! For whatever reason SF's like Melo, Nique, King, English, Dantley, and Aguirre get shitted on FOR BEING ALPHA DOGS! No matter what the rest of their game entails you HAVE TO RESPECT THEM FOR THAT if anything. It's the most premium asset in bball. Melo in addition to having one of the premier scoring skillsets of all time is also a great rebounding SF. It also shouldn't be taken for granted that he can move to a stretch PF position while still playing big enough on the glass their too.

But Harden is a beast and still getting better. Of the new era of SG's, he's the most complete on offense. What gets him in trouble is his defense. I think his D will improve over the years, but he will never be a great defender.
why do u bring up players from decades ago all the time:biggums: :biggums: even comparing 2 current players:biggums: :biggums:

oarabbus
10-27-2014, 08:34 PM
why do u bring up players from decades ago all the time:biggums: :biggums: even comparing 2 current players:biggums: :biggums:

He's saying Melo is a very similar type of player to King/Dantley/etc. There aren't too many modern players as similar to Melo as those guys.

MUGEN
10-27-2014, 08:43 PM
One of the easier ones to pick..Melo and it's not even close.

Graviton
10-27-2014, 08:46 PM
Harden - 3s, running into the paint flopping for free throws, worst defense in the history of modern NBA, questionable work ethic and lack of focus. Addicted to strippers and instagram hoes, will be a terrible father like his teammate Dwight.

Melo - 3s, post-ups, mid range, average defense, good work ethic and at least some will to win. Dedicated to his wife, will be a good father.

You tell me.

ABG
10-27-2014, 08:47 PM
melo.

Mr Exlax
10-27-2014, 08:53 PM
Since I already have a low post scorer in D12, I'm gonna say Harden.

BigMacAttack
10-27-2014, 08:58 PM
Melo, it really isnt close.

Sportal
10-27-2014, 09:24 PM
Melo by quite a distance..

Put a good team around Melo and he'd be competing to make the WCF/ECF every year. If he had Harden's team last year they sure as hell wouldn't have lost to the Blazers. I mean shit, all he needs is 2 players in the top20 at their position to do something.

bizil
10-27-2014, 09:34 PM
He's saying Melo is a very similar type of player to King/Dantley/etc. There aren't too many modern players as similar to Melo as those guys.

Thanks bro! Some of us on here are students of the game and others are not!

IncarceratedBob
10-27-2014, 09:34 PM
Houston would trade Harden for Melo in a second

bizil
10-27-2014, 09:37 PM

Because IT'S MANY DAMN OPINION and can write what I want to in my post. I answered the question, gave my thoughts on why certain SF's get hated on, and also the things Harden brings to the table.

YouGotServed
10-27-2014, 10:33 PM
The one who has a finals appearance.

Taller than CP3
10-27-2014, 10:40 PM
I seriously think I'd quit supporting my team if they ever signed James Harden.

dubeta
10-27-2014, 10:42 PM
Damn, ISH really hates Harden doesnt it? :oldlol:

its funny because in many respects Harden is basically a mini-Durant

livingby3's
10-27-2014, 10:53 PM
I seriously think I'd quit supporting my team if they ever signed James Harden.

Melo's no doubt a better fit for the Suns.

As a duo James and Dwight truly deserve each other. Hope my Suns gain enough momentum to bump the Rockets out of the eight spot.

Sportal
10-27-2014, 11:01 PM
Melo's no doubt a better fit for the Suns.

As a duo James and Dwight truly deserve each other. Hope my Suns gain enough momentum to bump the Rockets out of the eight spot.

You mean you hope the refs don't give Harden 16FTAPG.

La Frescobaldi
10-27-2014, 11:09 PM
:biggums:
Real? If they traded places last year, Houston would have made WCF, maybe further because Melo took a far inferior team to the WCF in 2009 and he is a much better player now. Harden on the Knicks would win 29 games and be even more dysfunctional.

No way Houston with Anthony gets through 2014 Blazers and then the Spurs too, to get to the WCF. Aldridge would beat on him all game, all series... worn down, weakened, easy prey for an infinitely better team in San Antonio.

No way.

That said, Anthony > Harden.

MellowYellow
10-27-2014, 11:24 PM
No way Houston with Anthony gets through 2014 Blazers and then the Spurs too, to get to the WCF. Aldridge would beat on him all game, all series... worn down, weakened, easy prey for an infinitely better team in San Antonio.

No way.

That said, Anthony > Harden.

You are wrong, Melo would eat Aldridge for breakfast. Besides they most likely would have batum on Melo. Either way, there is no stopping or even containing Melo unless it is a complete team effort. They woulda beat Portland in 5 and taken the spurs to at least 7

k0kakw0rld
10-27-2014, 11:34 PM
Melo

La Frescobaldi
10-27-2014, 11:55 PM
You are wrong, Melo would eat Aldridge for breakfast. Besides they most likely would have batum on Melo. Either way, there is no stopping or even containing Melo unless it is a complete team effort. They woulda beat Portland in 5 and taken the spurs to at least 7

I just don't see it man. Even if the world was crazy and Rox had Parsons on the bench that team doesn't beat Spurs. Not that year.
True on Batum, they wouldn't waste LMA on chasing a sf around

Papaya Petee
10-28-2014, 03:50 PM
Harden - 3s, running into the paint flopping for free throws, worst defense in the history of modern NBA, questionable work ethic and lack of focus. Addicted to strippers and instagram hoes, will be a terrible father like his teammate Dwight.

Melo - 3s, post-ups, mid range, average defense, good work ethic and at least some will to win. Dedicated to his wife, will be a good father.

You tell me.

:wtf:

Cold soul
10-28-2014, 04:03 PM
Melo for me I can't stand Harden game.

kurple
10-28-2014, 04:05 PM
Melo and it's not even remotely close. We're talking about one of the most gifted scorers ever vs some shmuck Stern and Silver found and decided they'd turn into a "superstar".
it's melo

but how exactly did stern and silver do that?

lilteapot
10-28-2014, 04:33 PM
It's easily Melo.

pnyozzzoo
10-28-2014, 04:48 PM
you mean:

The one who has a finals appearance as a third banana and choked on it.