PDA

View Full Version : Byron Scott: "Not sure if Dwight is serious about winning"

JohnMax
10-27-2014, 08:51 PM
Kobe and Dwight clashed during their one-season stint as teammates in 2012-13. And Byron Scott believes he knows why.

"My outside perspective is Kobe is a real serious guy and wants to win championships," Scott said. "I don't know if Dwight is that serious about it. I know No. 24 is. I think that probably was the clash."

Howard has faced the Lakers three times since joining the Rockets in July 2013, but because Bryant has missed those matchups because of injuries, Tuesday's game will mark the first time both players will face each other since Howard left Los Angeles.

Scott predicted that Howard would "love to beat the crap out of us."

Bryant said that Howard obviously would try to play well, but he dismissed the notion that the matchup meant more because of Howard's presence.

"Why would it?" Bryant asked, rhetorically.

Last season, Bryant recalled "constant tension" with Howard.

"Dwight wanted to do it one way, which he felt was effective. I wanted to do it another way," Bryant said last November.

Lakers guard Jeremy Lin, who played with Howard last season, tried not to place blame on either side.

"One thing I have heard from both ends is (Howard) probably came back a little too early (from back surgery) and wasn't able to be himself," Lin added Monday. "Beyond that, I really don't know much of anything."

link (http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/story/_/id/11775452/los-angeles-lakers-coach-byron-scott-questions-dwight-howard-serious-winning-titles)

FlashDwyaneWade3
10-27-2014, 09:32 PM
Can't take any of Kobe's motivation when Dwight publicly asked him push him to the limit and left the Lakers, not asking Kareem to help him on his game Kareem offered and not using the moves Hakeem taught him so he went back to his old ways on offense. It's making him a turnover machine. i'd say Dwight is really not serious about Championships.

IncarceratedBob
10-27-2014, 09:32 PM
If Dwight was serious about winning he wouldn't have joined the Rockets

FlashDwyaneWade3
10-27-2014, 09:34 PM
And he's still not serious in Houston.

bagelred
10-27-2014, 09:40 PM
Agree with Ric Bucher. I think the Dwight bashing is just getting way out of hand...ok, we get it already....

Smook A.
10-27-2014, 09:40 PM
Byron Scott just seems like a dumb dude. I know he's just saying it because he hates Dwight. Why not just let the people know what you really think of him? A lot of fans/media say he has no work ethic and is just a lazy guy who sits on his bum all day. He's actually a pretty hard worker. (https://twitter.com/JonesOnTheNBA/status/526851590800408576) At the end of the day if you really think about it, what was he suppose to say? He's just puckering up to his new boss and hopes he doesn't get canned like Mr. Potato Head and Pringles guy.

JellyBean
10-27-2014, 09:49 PM
I can agree with B-Scott. You just watch a game in which Dwight is playing. You can see the half hearted efforts on plays, especially on defense.

Mgamer20o0
10-27-2014, 09:50 PM
Byron Scott just seems like a dumb dude. I know he's just saying it because he hates Dwight. Why not just let the people know what you really think of him? A lot of fans/media say he has no work ethic and is just a lazy guy who sits on his bum all day. He's actually a pretty hard worker. (https://twitter.com/JonesOnTheNBA/status/526851590800408576) At the end of the day if you really think about it, what was he suppose to say? He's just puckering up to his new boss and hopes he doesn't get canned like Mr. Potato Head and Pringles guy.
he just needs to shut up. no need to talk about anyone other then your own guys. it was a dumb move for sure not sure over all though.

Smoke117
10-27-2014, 09:50 PM
Key words: outside perspective.

smoovegittar
10-27-2014, 09:56 PM
Dwight is serious about Disney. He outta be in pictures...

JT123
10-27-2014, 09:56 PM
I can agree with B-Scott. You just watch a game in which Dwight is playing. You can see the half hearted efforts on plays, especially on defense.
A lot of people would say the same thing about Kobe.

IncarceratedBob
10-27-2014, 09:58 PM
Dwight doesn't have 5 rings

JT123
10-27-2014, 10:05 PM
Dwight doesn't have 5 rings
:facepalm A real leader leads by example. Nobody is gonna take Kobe seriously when he criticizes them if they see him playing free safety on defense the entire night. :no:

TMacYaoRockets
10-27-2014, 10:05 PM
Dwyane Wade is also lazy on defense.

SCdac
10-27-2014, 10:07 PM
I think he's serious about winning, he plays lots of games and minutes and seems to try his hardest... I just don't feel he's serious enough to get out of his comfort zone in order to win... if that makes any sense... One could argue that in effect makes him not serious about winning, and I wouldn't disagree, but I feel he's naturally limited. He's got a clear ceiling... He has the mentality that he wants to be the #1 option or that he's some instant-HOF'er, but he doesn't have the tools to do that (for a championship team), he's not a playmaker with great court vision nor is his game versatile or multi-dimensional. 10+ seasons into his career and he's still incredibly turnover and foul prone. Still has no shooting range to speak of and he's become predictable. Part of me feels it's not fair to judge Dwight for something he'll probably never be (a top-25 ish kind of big man), another part of me feels it's on Dwight to change that.

IncarceratedBob
10-27-2014, 10:08 PM
:facepalm A real leader leads by example. Nobody is gonna take Kobe seriously when he criticizes them if they see him playing free safety on defense the entire night. :no:
Bro Kobe is at the end of his career, he doesn't give a ****. He doesn't have the athleticism he once did so he can't keep up with all the kids nowadays. The effort is always there.

KingLeBronJames
10-27-2014, 10:08 PM
I always hear Kobe lead by example but not Dwight. Dwight gets criticized by a lot of people. Including his from his ex-teammates.

JT123
10-27-2014, 10:14 PM
Bro Kobe is at the end of his career, he doesn't give a ****. He doesn't have the athleticism he once did so he can't keep up with all the kids nowadays. The effort is always there.
So Kobe doesn't have the athleticism to play defense, but he has the energy to jack up 25 shots a night? :wtf:

dubeta
10-27-2014, 10:16 PM
So Kobe doesn't have the athleticism to play defense, but he has the energy to jack up 25 shots a night? :wtf:

The Kobe System

Everyone has to carry him, but Kobe gets all the shots and credit

KingLeBronJames
10-27-2014, 10:18 PM
The Kobe System

Everyone has to carry him, but Kobe gets all the shots and credit
Lakers couldn't even carry themselves without Kobe when he was injured.

gts
10-27-2014, 10:20 PM
Dwight's just not wired like the all time greats. In he End he'll be known as one of the better big men to play the game but not one of the best

Which isn't a bash on him because most players aren't as driven Kobe and not all players that are driven to win at all costs have the skills to back up the motivation.. That's why guys like Kobe, Jordan Lebron Bird Magic Kareem are so rare

IncarceratedBob
10-27-2014, 10:21 PM
Would you rather old Kobe waste his energy trying to stop his man, even though his teams overall defense is crap so it won't make a difference OR waste his energy on offense where is one of the greatest scorers in NBA history. Cmon dawg.

R.I.P.
10-27-2014, 10:35 PM
Scott: So 3pters don

KingLeBronJames
10-27-2014, 10:42 PM
[QUOTE=R.I.P.]Scott: So 3pters don

Taller than CP3
10-27-2014, 10:48 PM
I wish Dwight would just man up and tell us what kind of toothbrush he's using.

YouGotServed
10-27-2014, 10:53 PM
Kobe and Dwight clashed during their one-season stint as teammates in 2012-13. And Byron Scott believes he knows why.

"My outside perspective is Kobe is...

Stop reading right here. "Outside perspective" code for "I don't know what I'm talking about."

Hope Dwight embarrasses these salty clowns tomorrow night. Gonna be sweet.

oh the horror
10-27-2014, 11:04 PM
Stop reading right here. "Outside perspective" code for "I don't know what I'm talking about."

Hope Dwight embarrasses these salty clowns tomorrow night. Gonna be sweet.

So you didn't read the article because you "stopped reading there" but you're going to make remarks about a guy not knowing what he's talking about?

Logic.

AintNoSunshine
10-27-2014, 11:20 PM
Dude has as much knowledge about this issue as I do, he's never coached either Kobe or Dwight here, neither was he a part of the Lakers organization last year so how the fukk does he know? So your head coach is basically sucking up to a player here, not a good sign Lakers fans.

FlashDwyaneWade3
10-27-2014, 11:35 PM
Dude has as much knowledge about this issue as I do, he's never coached either Kobe or Dwight here, neither was he a part of the Lakers organization last year so how the fukk does he know? So your head coach is basically sucking up to a player here, not a good sign Lakers fans.
Steve Nash told him everything.

Ai2death
10-27-2014, 11:37 PM

Cramps anyone?

Oh sorry, forgot you're with the Heat *******

JT123
10-27-2014, 11:45 PM
Cramps anyone?

Oh sorry, forgot you're with the Heat *******
Achilles anyone? :sleeping

oh the horror
10-27-2014, 11:49 PM

I'd venture to say an ex player that has coached in the league knows a bit more than you do dude. He's not saying something that others haven't already hinted toward or flat out said. What's the problem?

FireDavidKahn
10-27-2014, 11:55 PM
Funny how Dwight is winning more now after he left the Lakers:lol

ZeN
10-27-2014, 11:57 PM
Dwight's just not wired like the all time greats. In he End he'll be known as one of the better big men to play the game but not one of the best

Which isn't a bash on him because most players aren't as driven Kobe and not all players that are driven to win at all costs have the skills to back up the motivation.. That's why guys like Kobe, Jordan Lebron Bird Magic Kareem are so rare
This generations Patrick Ewing?

AirTupac
10-28-2014, 12:09 AM
Funny how Dwight is winning more now after he left the Lakers:lol

How so? 1st round exit? :oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol:

FireDavidKahn
10-28-2014, 12:45 AM
How so? 1st round exit? :oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol:
Lakers: most losses in their history:roll:

oh the horror
10-28-2014, 01:18 AM
Lakers: most losses in their history:roll:

Where are you going with this conversation? :oldlol:

Trying too hard dude.

VeeCee15
10-28-2014, 06:14 AM
Dumb comments by Byron Scott and Jeanie buss.

The lakers have NOT been winning for like 5 years. They have dropped like a bomb in the past 5 years.

Stop living in the past , they are currently the biggest failure franchise in sports given their past pedigree . They currently aren't winners , they are pretty much hr biggest losers .

Done_And_Done
10-28-2014, 07:00 AM
I question the drive of any athlete who boasts an ear to ear smile on his face during and after a loss. With that said, Dwight obviously cares about winning. It's a preposterous notion to assume that he doesn't. Now, is he willing to jump through a ring of fire to get there..... That is debatable. I think that's where he and Kobe differ.

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
10-28-2014, 07:31 AM
Fright has never cared about winning or being an alltime great which is why is still isnt a top 10 alltime center despite his natural gifts. Hes too complacent, noncompetitive, shit offensively and too occupied with having baby mamas, being a clown and fooking lil girls

Nick Young
10-28-2014, 08:18 AM
30 years old.
Beta loser mindset.
Locked in to a 4 year max contract.
Quits whenever things get tough.
Empty stats until the playoffs come, then the stats decrease and TOs go up.
Throws his teammates under the bus every time he quits, to deflect blame.
Begs for post touches despite averaging well under the league average in terms of points per post up.
Refuses freethrow advice from Nash.
Refuses post training from the near GOAT Kareem.
Asks Kobe to teach him how to win then cries when he realizes how hard it will be.
Runs away to mid-level Houston to team up with Gilbert Arenas Jr. AKA James Harden.

I feel bad for Rockets fans. The McGrady curse has somehow doomed them to an eternity of first round exits.:roll: :roll: :roll:

http://blogimages.thescore.com/tbj/files/2011/07/dwight-howard-wig.jpg

SpecialQue
10-28-2014, 12:13 PM
If he were serious about winning, he would have stayed in Orlando. I don't know what was so bad about his situation there that he felt compelled to demand a trade.

Hey Yo
10-28-2014, 12:28 PM
This generations Patrick Ewing?
Comparing Dwights skills and motivation to Ewing's?????

Don't post about players you obviously didn't see play. It only makes you look foolish and dumb!

HOoopCityJones
10-28-2014, 12:29 PM
If he were serious about winning, he would have stayed in Orlando. I don't know what was so bad about his situation there that he felt compelled to demand a trade.

Dwight just wanted attention , plain and simple. He saw Lebron and the big three getting so much face time after The Decision and he just decided to throw a couple rocks in his own pond. The craziest part is he decided to initiate his defection coming off a major injury. You would think in such dire circumstances that one would eat a little humble pie and show some loyalty.

There's no reason he should have left Orlando, He had a top tier Coach, system specifically dedicated to his talents and his own Market to operate from that supported him unconditionally, win or lose. They'd still be Top 4 Team out East right now and you're telling me nobody would have come Team up with Dwight in between then and now? That's bullshit. So many big names who weren't happy with their situation have moved around since then, aside from Lebron and Dwight, they could have brought in help.

Then he comes to the Lakers and cries because we actually wanna see results to compliment all of this exciting play he's lauded for. He wants to play in the post more and do less PnR, yet he doesn't wanna work out with greats who actually specialize in that department. He wanted to permanently take the ball out of Kobe's hands, yet after he goes down with injury and it's all on him to preform, he whines that he doesn't have enough help.

Plain and Simple, Dwight is a ****ing clown and I can't wait for this Summer's Dwightmare when the Rockets get knocked out the first round and Howard uses that third year option to opt out and go elsewhere.