PDA

View Full Version : Dominique Wilkins - 42 points vs Ewing and Oakley's Knicks (1993)

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
10-27-2014, 10:02 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=loM-lYjNXiY

Nique didn't shoot well ITG, but he had some very nice highlights (tip dunk at the beginning there).

42 on THAT defense is very impressive. :applause:

sportjames23
10-27-2014, 10:14 PM
:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

ProfessorMurder
10-27-2014, 10:53 PM
Underrated, and this was post Achilles' tear. :bowdown:

L.Kizzle
10-27-2014, 11:02 PM
I started watching ball in the 94-95 season and I think he was already over seas at that time. so I only heard stories of the man, no youtube. Well, I think it was the year Robinson was hurt and Nique was now with the Spurs. Well, there was a game vs. my Rockets homie comes out of no where and throws down a monster tip dunk it was crazy. Clyde was like you can still do that.

SHAQisGOAT
10-27-2014, 11:07 PM
:applause:

Yes, indeed.

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
10-27-2014, 11:10 PM
Great performance but vastly overrated player
hes as good as Melo

bizil
10-27-2014, 11:45 PM
Great performance but vastly overrated player
hes as good as Melo

How is he overrated? I need facts behind that!! When was Nique EVER regarded as being better than Larry Bird in that era? NEVER!! Besides Bird, Nique didn't have to take a backseat to ANY SF in that 80's Golden Era. Sure u could argue guys like King or English being better, but u could argue Nique over them as well. Dr. J was already on the downside of his career in the mid 80's. Also KEEP IN MIND that Nique has scored more points than ANY SF in NBA history.

GOAT wise, u can count only about six SF's that are rated over Nique if u look at it objectively. The only ones I would say for sure are Bron, Bird, Doc, Hondo, Barry, and Baylor. And don't forget Nique redefined athleticism in the NBA too. For freak athlete alpha SF's, the lineage goes Baylor, Hawkins, Doc, Nique, and Lebron. U have other guys who were awesome too, but those five guys are the definitive ones historically! DAMN the shade Nique and Melo catch in the basketball world! Folks gotta realize that the SF position was built on great scoring and guys who can rebound very well. The passing or PG acumen guys like Bron, Bird, Barry, Pip, or Hondo bring is a bonus not a premium.