PDA

View Full Version : Bogut Emerging as a Key to Warriors' Season

Inferno
10-28-2014, 01:39 AM
http://www.sfgate.com/warriors/article/Bogut-emerging-as-a-key-to-Warriors-season-5851406.php

Kerr described it a little differently: “I feel like Steph and Klay provide a lot of the pop, and I feel like Andrew … provides us with our rhythm.”
Since Bogut has been with the Warriors, he’s been irreplaceable as the team’s defensive anchor. Now, his health is even more important as he takes on a larger offensive load.
“He’s such a good passer from the top of the key or anywhere on the floor,” Thompson said. “He’s just showing what he can do on offense, and we want to play through him as much as possible.”
A center whose past six seasons have been cut short or interrupted by significant injuries, Bogut is fully healthy and has been showing off his skill set this preseason. While playing his usual rim-protecting defense, the 7-footer has also been the team’s major hub on offense.
Kerr has looked to get the good-passing big man the ball at the top of the key, on the elbow where the free-throw line and lane line meets, and on the block. From those spots, Bogut has proved he can find open shooters or score.
“We’ve seen this in pickup games during the past two preseasons, but during the season, he was asked to do only so much,” forward Harrison Barnes said. “This year, Coach has really put on an emphasis on: 'If you see Bogut on the box, he’s not just there as a decoy. Get him the ball and cut.’”
The preseason couldn’t have gone much better for the Warriors, who went 6-2 while playing only twice at Oracle Arena. They led the league in scoring (110.9 points per game), shooting (51.1 percent), assists (26.4) and point differential (plus-11).
Much of that had to do with Bogut, who had 12 points, eight rebounds and eight assists in a 32-minute dress rehearsal Friday. He had one remarkable sequence when he threw down a tip dunk, raced back in transition defense to steal the ball from Denver’s Timofey Mozgov and then rifled a baseball pass to Iguodala for a one-handed dunk.
“I haven’t been part of a team that moves the ball so well in a number of years, so it’s very, very exciting,” Bogut said. “...I’ve been around Princeton (offense) and triangle stuff, so I feel very comfortable playing from the elbow and around the perimeter. I know I’m not a great knockdown shooter from the outside, but I think I can read the game well enough to go into a pick-and-roll or hit guys going backdoor. I love it.”

Dare I say he's one of the best passing bigs in the league??

:rockon: :rockon:

oarabbus
10-28-2014, 01:44 AM
If Bogut can stay healthy (plz Basketball Gods) we are SCARY

Best Passing Bigs:
Noah
Gasol
Cousins
Love
Bogut :rockon:

Milbuck
10-28-2014, 01:46 AM
So glad Bogut's found a good place in the NBA and is still a high impact player. Up there with Asik as one of the most underrated big men in the game when healthy.

Warfan
10-28-2014, 01:48 AM
Yes, most impactful player on the team.

oarabbus
10-28-2014, 01:49 AM
Yes, most impactful player on the team.

Kerr is on record saying it's Iggy, and +/- from last season backs it up.

I won't argue with you on that point though :cheers:

josh99
10-28-2014, 05:11 AM
So glad Bogut's found a good place in the NBA and is still a high impact player. Up there with Asik as one of the most underrated big men in the game when healthy.
Agreed, he is injured a lot though so doesn't get much time to shine.

lakerspng
10-28-2014, 05:17 AM
glad I grabbed him with my 10th round pick for a cheap bargain price on my fantasy team... he should be terrific value.

Hope he can stay healthy in every game when not playing the Lakers.

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
10-28-2014, 07:37 AM
So underrated.......one of the most skilled big men. Health has always fcked him over but prime Bogut is a better defensive center than prime Dwight

I have said he was the most important piece for GS winning a chip ever since they got him

Im Still Ballin
10-28-2014, 08:13 AM
Let's hope he's healthy in the post season.

Im Still Ballin
10-28-2014, 08:15 AM
Remember this epic moment
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cyPqZO5DeSE

Andrew Wiggins
10-28-2014, 09:47 AM

underrated how? he's a known commodity by most who follow the league

Taller than CP3
10-28-2014, 09:55 AM
Bogut stays healthy and the Warriors win it all. I've been saying it for years.

AboutBuckets
10-28-2014, 09:56 AM
underrated how? he's a known commodity by most who follow the league

Yeah just cause he's not a household name doesn't mean nobody knows/cares about him

Bobcats2013
10-28-2014, 12:12 PM
It's really the same thing we've been saying since last year Inferno. If Bogut stays healthy there is no doubt this team will go deep in the post season.

It's all a matter of health with this team not talent.

Cali Syndicate
10-28-2014, 12:26 PM
Bogut's lost a ton of weight and is in great shape. Hopefully Kerr still manages his minutes properly though.

i like the fact Kerr isn't intent on changing up the offense too much, but he has stated multiple times that he want to play more inside-out, especially through Bogut.

Can't wait

Smoke117
10-28-2014, 02:04 PM
He should have always been featured more in the offense. He has skills and was barely shooting at all last season. He's also the only real inside guy they have. Though saying he's "emering" as a key is kind of ridiculous since he's already a huge key. They were 4th in defense BECAUSE OF HIM. They would fall out of the top 12 without him for sure. He is also by far their best rebounder.

SpecialQue
10-28-2014, 02:11 PM
If Bogut can stay healthy

And there's the problem. This is also why I hesitate to say the Bulls are going to win it all. You can never bank on a player who ALWAYS gets hurt.