PDA

View Full Version : Blatt says title expectations unfair

JT123
10-28-2014, 06:05 PM
http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/11780293/cleveland-cavaliers-coach-david-blatt-says-championship-expectations-team-unfair

He's right. Why are the Cavs being expected to win a title when 75 percent of the roster has never played a single second of playoff basketball? :biggums:

ImKobe
10-28-2014, 06:06 PM
no excuses

Fudge
10-28-2014, 06:06 PM
No excuses

mattvNJ
10-28-2014, 06:08 PM
You and all your alts need to go away.

Also no excuses

dubeta
Great to see someone with actual basketball knowledge talk instead of Vegas making the calls

East is too tough to even get out of, people need to keep expectations in check

Small steps at a time, first Cavs should try and make the playoffs, dont want to pull a 2013 Lakers and fall flat on your face

IncarceratedBob
no Excuses

dubeta
No excuses

worry about the Thunder brodie :lol

Kblaze8855
10-28-2014, 06:09 PM
Has there ever been a basketball league on any level where having the best player, a top 10ish player, and a second tier point...all starting...wouldnt generate title expectations?

I dont care if its a church league.

You have the best or second best player in the league....another guy who would be the best player on all but a few teams...and one of the best guys at his position.....

People would expect you to at least compete.

dubeta
10-28-2014, 06:09 PM
By no excuses, you guys do mean no excuses to make the playoffs right? Cause I agree with that

Fudge
10-28-2014, 06:10 PM
worry about the Thunder brodie :lol
No excuses, little boy. :lol

Kblaze8855
10-28-2014, 06:11 PM
While there may be room to discuss this issue I suspect we will get nothing worthwhile out of this topic. i'll give it till I finish this shake to shape up.

dubeta
10-28-2014, 06:13 PM
Now for some actual discussion

We've seen teams like the 2013 Lakers and 2014 Nets fall flat on their faces, perform below expectations

So no expectations should be given for new rosters until atleast the New Year

JT123
10-28-2014, 06:14 PM
Has there ever been a basketball league on any level where having the best player, a top 10ish player, and a second tier point...all starting...wouldnt generate title expectations?

I dont care if its a church league.

You have the best or second best player in the league....another guy who would be the best player on all but a few teams...and one of the best guys at his position.....

People would expect you to at least compete.
This is all true, but we have to keep in mind that experience matters. Everything you have said about this Cavs team also apply's to the OKC Thunder and LA Cliippers, and those two teams have tons of playoff experience while having played together for years.
Why is all the pressure on the Cavs while the Thunder and Clippers continue to not be held accountable for losing? :coleman:

Please don't close the thread. We can just ignore the trolls.

Budadiiii
10-28-2014, 06:15 PM
While there may be room to discuss this issue I suspect we will get nothing worthwhile out of this topic. i'll give it till I finish this shake to shape up.
Cookies and now a shake.

Now that you've hit your 40's, you just said **** it and stopped caring about what you put in your system. Not that you ever really cared in the first place though.

This isn't meant to be racist, but black dudes have the most unhealthy diets out of all the races, IMO. Just from what I've observed.

If anything, it's a credit to you guys for being able to function on that crap.

IncarceratedBob
10-28-2014, 06:16 PM

We've seen teams like the 2013 Lakers and 2014 Nets fall flat on their faces, perform below expectations

13 Lakers weren't healthy
14 Nets weren't talented

If these Cavs stay healthy then why can't they win the championship?

LeBron has won with less, I don't see how this roster isn't good enough for him to take them all the way.

Then you add in that his coach in Miami was a brainless ass and he has a brilliant bball mind now.

Skys the limit.

Earned, not given.

No.

Excuses.

Budadiiii
10-28-2014, 06:17 PM

Explain to us how this young Cavs team is similar to the Nets or Lakers.

outbreak
10-28-2014, 06:18 PM

Because it fits his agenda lol.

dubeta
10-28-2014, 06:19 PM

Its not just about age

Budadiiii
10-28-2014, 06:20 PM
Its not just about age
Where's the rest of the explanation?

dubeta
10-28-2014, 06:22 PM
Where's the rest of the explanation?

Defense issues

chemistry issues

Dion-Kyrie issues

JT123
10-28-2014, 06:22 PM
The Cavs have several players who are very injury prone, and injuries just happened to be the 2013 Lakers number 1 problem. The Cavs also have an unproven coach, just as those other two teams did.

Fudge
10-28-2014, 06:24 PM
Sorry to rush you on your shake, but it's time to close it up, bud. Hand out a few bans as well while you're at it.

R.I.P.
10-28-2014, 06:24 PM
Like he

Nash
10-28-2014, 06:25 PM
excuses or not, would you bet your house on San Antonio or Cleveland?

if its no excuse situation like most people right here say then surely you guys should bet big money on them winning.

dubeta
10-28-2014, 06:26 PM
I'm trusting Blatt's opinion over a bunch of trolls on ISH thank you :applause:

Sarcastic
Cavs with playoff experience:
Lebron James
Anderson Varejao
Mike Miller
Brendan Haywood
James Jones
Shawn Marion
Louis Amundson
AJ Price

Cavs without playoff experience:
Kevin Love
Kyrie Irving
Dion Waiters
Tristan Thompson
Joe Harris
Matthew Dellavedova
Alex Kirk

Looks like 47% of the team does not have playoff experience, and not the 75% like OP is saying.

Budadiiii
The Cavs have several players who are very injury prone, and injuries just happened to be the 2013 Lakers number 1 problem. The Cavs also have an unproven coach, just as those other two teams did.
Title expectations for the Thunder are unfair too then, given your explanation.

Still would like to know how the Cavs, who's best players are 29 and younger, compare to the old Lakers and Nets, and why they're being brought up.

Fudge
Lebron James
Anderson Varejao
Mike Miller
Brendan Haywood
James Jones
Shawn Marion
Louis Amundson
AJ Price

Kevin Love
Kyrie Irving
Dion Waiters
Tristan Thompson
Joe Harris
Matthew Dellavedova
Alex Kirk

Looks like 47% of the team does not have playoff experience, and not the 75% like OP is saying.
Damn. #rekt

Kblaze8855
I didnt even get the shake. My friends son guilt trip bullied me for it.

Budadiiii
10-28-2014, 06:28 PM
excuses or not, would you bet your house on San Antonio or Cleveland?

if its no excuse situation like most people right here say then surely you guys should bet big money on them winning.
You'd have to be an idiot to bet big money on LeBron.

Doesn't mean they shouldn't be prohibited favorites in their conference and therefore in the discussion for the title.

dubeta
10-28-2014, 06:30 PM
Lebron James
Anderson Varejao
Mike Miller
Brendan Haywood
James Jones
Shawn Marion
Louis Amundson
AJ Price

Kevin Love
Kyrie Irving
Dion Waiters
Tristan Thompson
Joe Harris
Matthew Dellavedova
Alex Kirk

Yes thats an excellent post except that 3 of the top 4 players have never played in the playoffs :facepalm Thats the most important part

The Cavs right now are like the 2010 Thunder due to lack of experience, and thus should be judged like them

Did people say no excuses to the 2010 Thunder? Exactly so why are there no excuses for Cleveland?

20Four
10-28-2014, 06:31 PM
http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/11780293/cleveland-cavaliers-coach-david-blatt-says-championship-expectations-team-unfair

He's right. Why are the Cavs being expected to win a title when 75 percent of the roster has never played a single second of playoff basketball? :biggums:

Great to see someone with actual basketball knowledge talk instead of Vegas making the calls

East is too tough to even get out of, people need to keep expectations in check

Small steps at a time, first Cavs should try and make the playoffs, dont want to pull a 2013 Lakers and fall flat on your face

Jameer, why the fvck do you keep responding to yourself? This is a serious question? Are you mentally challenged? You need to talk to yourself to go throughout your day or something? You really cant be this stupid without having something wrong with your brain....

http://i.minus.com/iK3svIq54Cqlf.jpg

You've been exposed...why keep up the bullshit? Just let us know you are a crack baby or some shit so we can at least know why you are so fvcking stupid....

Edit: Forgot to add dubeta to that picture...will do

outbreak
10-28-2014, 06:35 PM
Yes thats an excellent post except that 3 of the top 4 players have never played in the playoffs :facepalm Thats the most important part

The Cavs right now are like the 2010 Thunder due to lack of experience, and thus should be judged like them

Did people say no excuses to the 2010 Thunder? Exactly so why are there no excuses for Cleveland?

Wait what? Did OKC have a 2 time champion who is the best player in the league in 2010? Did they have a big man like Love who should be in his peak prime years? OKC were young and inexperienced.

Budadiiii
10-28-2014, 06:35 PM

The 2010 Thunder were led by a 21 year old Durant. :oldlol:

LeBron is 29, Love 26.

Plenty of playoff experience on the bench and young stars who seem to handle pressure pretty well.

Another silly post from you. And no where near funny.

JT123
10-28-2014, 06:36 PM

Co sign. Nearly every Cavs player who does have playoff experience is old as dirt, and will play a max of 15 mpg.

Hey Yo
10-28-2014, 06:36 PM
Lebron James - starter
Anderson Varejao - starter/6th man
Mike Miller
Brendan Haywood
James Jones
Shawn Marion
Louis Amundson
AJ Price

Cavs without playoff experience
Kevin Love - starter
Kyrie Irving - starter
Dion Waiters -starter
Tristan Thompson - starter/6th man
Joe Harris
Matthew Dellavedova
Alex Kirk

More starters don't than starters do

dubeta
10-28-2014, 06:39 PM

LeBron is 29, Love 26.

Plenty of playoff experience on the bench and young stars who seem to handle pressure pretty well.

LOOL you think we're damaging controlling or something? :lol

who cares, at the worst case LeBron retires a 4 MVP 2 FMVP top 10 GOAT, thats the worst case scenario

Meanwhile Durant... might want to win soon or end up 0-5 with rings with a championship roster

Hey Yo
10-28-2014, 06:42 PM

LeBron is 29, Love 26.

When has Irving, Waiters and Thompson (if you're including him) had any pressure on them whatsoever in their young careers?

Fudge
10-28-2014, 06:43 PM
"Damage controlling" :lol

Sarcastic
10-28-2014, 06:47 PM
:oldlol: Bran stans always moving the goal posts.

Budadiiii
10-28-2014, 06:49 PM
"Damage controlling" :lol
He actually said damaging controlling, which is even worse.

His autism flares up everytime I confront him, so I'm gonna back off cause now I just feel uncomfortable.

That's what I get for discussing basketball with Jenny McCarthy's son.

Fudge
10-28-2014, 06:50 PM
He actually said damaging controlling, which is even worse.

His autism flares up everytime I confront him, so I'm gonna back off cause now I just feel uncomfortable.

That's what I get for discussing basketball with Jenny McCarthy's son.
Holy f*ck. :roll:

Uncle Drew
10-28-2014, 06:50 PM
Bran stans are unbearable.

dubeta
10-28-2014, 06:51 PM
Keep it coming guys :lol

I have them on a string

20Four
10-28-2014, 06:52 PM

I have them on a string
Ok here you go:

http://i.minus.com/ibzjPC6rWXF2MJ.jpg

hahahahahahahahahahaha

http://i.minus.com/icG3ymTnklTvI.png

GrapeApe
It's not as if the guys with no playoff experience will suddenly forget how to play basketball when the playoffs start.

Fudge
Rest in piss, dubeta. :roll:

Droid101

I have them on a string
In other words:

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-b9NaX6DjaGg/TfyRG6iZIiI/AAAAAAAABCs/CtY5MWExPYs/s800/1298834347442.png

dubeta
10-28-2014, 06:53 PM
Rest in piss, dubeta. :roll:

why u hating on ur idol lol :lol

Fudge
10-28-2014, 06:54 PM
Jenny McCarthy's son. I'm done. :oldlol:

20Four
10-28-2014, 06:54 PM
Ok here you go:

http://i.minus.com/ibzjPC6rWXF2MJ.jpg

hahahahahahahahahahaha

http://i.minus.com/icG3ymTnklTvI.png
Bump

JT123
10-28-2014, 06:59 PM
It's not as if the guys with no playoff experience will suddenly forget how to play basketball when the playoffs start.
Happens to Bosh all the time, and he has tons of playoff experience. :confusedshrug:

Droid101
10-28-2014, 07:00 PM
Happens to Bosh all the time, and he has tons of playoff experience. :confusedshrug:
So... what you're saying is it doesn't matter if they have playoff experience or not, then?

BigTicket
10-28-2014, 07:14 PM
The expectations are fair given the amount of talent on the Cavs roster.

However, the Cavs still need to prove themselves before they can be ranked above teams like the Spurs, Thunder or Bulls. They simply haven't earned it yet.

Hey Yo
10-28-2014, 09:12 PM
20four, so desperate for attention.