PDA

View Full Version : some observations SPURS-DALLAS

pastis
10-29-2014, 06:08 AM
1. Duncan looked good. Always a threat under the rim. grabbing rebs etc. if he wants to play 5,6 more years - no problem

2. Dirk made the right play at the end. watching replay you can see that double team was just 1 or 2 feet away and the third one was coming as well.

3. Ellis didnt get any respect from the refs. he has to scream much more while going to the rim, like wade and harden. if he does, he wll get more calls. he just have to scream like a baby or to fake contact like harden and wade.

4. nice spurs team. its a fvcking nice system team. everyone of their 15men can shoot from everywhere. they dont need the star player for the clutch shot in the clutch situation. everyone can make it.
shooting 50% from downtown, while some of their best players were missing.
pop da best as usual:applause: :bowdown:

masonanddixon
10-29-2014, 06:18 AM
Monta never gets calls, which is insane given that he;s statistically the most aggressive player in going to the basket in the NBA

ImKobe
10-29-2014, 06:57 AM
Monta never gets calls, which is insane given that he;s statistically the most aggressive player in going to the basket in the NBA

He's just bad at selling contact...tough guys get no love from the refs.

StephHamann
10-29-2014, 07:03 AM
Maybe Monta needs to grow a stinky hobo-beard and stop brushing his teeth and he will get the calls. :confusedshrug:

masonanddixon
10-29-2014, 07:07 AM
He's just bad at selling contact...tough guys get no love from the refs.

How's he a tough guy? The tats?

BuffaloBill
10-29-2014, 07:29 AM

No. Because he's bad at selling contact

masonanddixon
10-29-2014, 07:39 AM
No. Because he's bad at selling contact

Ah yeah. He takes contact well. I'm not sure if flopping is a good idea.

kurple
10-29-2014, 07:46 AM
can you show me where you found that stat? Would think both Lebron and Ty lawson is up there as well

StephHamann
10-29-2014, 07:50 AM
can you show me where you found that stat? Would think both Lebron and Ty lawson is up there as well

http://stats.nba.com/playerTrackingDrives.html?pageNo=1&rowsPerPage=25&sortField=DVS_TOT&sortOrder=DES

masonanddixon
10-29-2014, 07:56 AM
http://stats.nba.com/playerTrackingDrives.html?pageNo=1&rowsPerPage=25&sortField=DVS_TOT&sortOrder=DES

Thats it!

pastis
10-29-2014, 09:35 AM
Dirk on last possession:

"They had a switch. Since i just scored twice in a row, they brought the big over. I saw Duncan coming over to double team me from the low side. I saw Devin over there by himself so I swung it. Somebody ran at him so he swung it. I thought he had a good look. He could have even passed it on to Monta. I'm not sure if he knew how much time that was left. It was the safe thing to shoot. I think he was a little deep, but it was a makeable and good shot. He just made one from the top of the key. I think it was as good of a shot as you can get."

ImKobe
10-29-2014, 09:39 AM

Because he often doesn't react to the contact in any way, making refs miss a lot of foul calls on him due to the speed of the game. Ref has a second to decide whether it's a foul or not. You need to sell it.

HurricaneKid
10-29-2014, 10:53 AM
Dirk on last possession:

"They had a switch. Since i just scored twice in a row, they brought the big over. I saw Duncan coming over to double team me from the low side. I saw Devin over there by himself so I swung it. Somebody ran at him so he swung it. I thought he had a good look. He could have even passed it on to Monta. I'm not sure if he knew how much time that was left. It was the safe thing to shoot. I think he was a little deep, but it was a makeable and good shot. He just made one from the top of the key. I think it was as good of a shot as you can get."

Dirk had a small on him and could have just shot a turnaround before the help got there. Would have been a far better look than what they ended up with. I'm not usually one to say a guy shouldn't pass out of a double in end of game situations but in this case I think it would have been better not to have.

hawksdogsbraves
10-29-2014, 10:56 AM
I think the shot was totally fine and that Dirk made the right move by passing, Parsons just blew it :confusedshrug:

SsKSpurs21
10-29-2014, 12:19 PM
4. nice spurs team. its a fvcking nice system team. everyone of their 15men can shoot from everywhere. they dont need the star player for the clutch shot in the clutch situation. everyone can make it.
shooting 50% from downtown, while some of their best players were missing.
pop da best as usual:applause: :bowdown:

this always scares me come playoff time. during the playoffs when the game slows down, you need that one guy who can turn it on and carry the team through scoring droughts.

the system works great when everyone is hitting shots...but when the spurs go cold they get blown out by 20. duncan used to be that guy where if the offense was cold, just dump it to him. then parker took over for a bit. i am hoping kawhi can be that guy, but hes definitely not there yet.

Haymaker
10-29-2014, 12:21 PM
Parsons is not clutch.

Dro
10-29-2014, 12:34 PM
I think Parson's should have made the extra pass especially since he was 2-9 up to that point or whatever. But its not THAT big of a deal considering time was running out...He might not have known he had enough time to make the extra pass...

Mass Debator
10-29-2014, 12:40 PM
Who has a link to that last Mavs play? I saw it live and felt like Dirk should've did his famous fadeaway on the smaller Danny Green. Live with it...die with it.

Darius
10-29-2014, 12:46 PM
I like this Dallas team. I think they will be a homecourt team.

They have a lot of players/depth and a great coach.

ninephive
10-29-2014, 06:33 PM
I guess I'm the first with an observation that Parker came up big as usual. 4/4 from downtown, leads the Spurs in scoring, and hits the game-winning 3 when the Spurs were down by 2. This guy continues to carry this team year-in and year-out. Really hoping he continues to get All-Star selections and it seems like the world is finally starting to recognize him as the best PG in the game over ChokeP3. Just yesterday you've got that from Barkley, Skip, and George Karl.

Nowitness
10-29-2014, 06:42 PM
I guess I'm the first with an observation that Parker came up big as usual. 4/4 from downtown, leads the Spurs in scoring, and hits the game-winning 3 when the Spurs were down by 2. This guy continues to carry this team year-in and year-out. Really hoping he continues to get All-Star selections and it seems like the world is finally starting to recognize him as the best PG in the game over ChokeP3. Just yesterday you've got that from Barkley, Skip, and George Karl.

spurs carried him past oklahoma wit him on the bench :biggums:

ninephive
10-29-2014, 06:45 PM
spurs carried him past oklahoma wit him on the bench :biggums:
Oh you mean they won one game in overtime where he sat out for two quarters? Wow, no team has ever won a game with one of their players out! Good observation.

finchyyy
10-29-2014, 06:52 PM
Wouldn't surprise me if Spurs/Dallas is the WCF match-up.

Nowitness
10-29-2014, 07:15 PM
Oh you mean they won one game in overtime where he sat out for two quarters? Wow, no team has ever won a game with one of their players out! Good observation.

a team won a playoff game without the player who is carrying them

that has NEVER happened becaus parker doesnt carry them. carrying your team is like lebron on Cleveland or jordan on the bulls before pippen lol. parker is on the best team in the nba and hes not for sure the best player

ninephive
10-29-2014, 07:24 PM
a team won a playoff game without the player who is carrying them

that has NEVER happened becaus parker doesnt carry them. carrying your team is like lebron on Cleveland or jordan on the bulls before pippen lol. parker is on the best team in the nba and hes not for sure the best player
Ok, correct, he doesn't have the impact Lebron did in Cleveland or Jordan did in Chicago. But he was the only All-Star on the Spurs.

Yes, his team did SQUEAK out ONE SINGLE WIN when he missed ONE HALF of the game. You honestly don't think teams ever win games when their best player misses a half?

SCdac
10-29-2014, 07:45 PM
Ginobili had a great game too. Hard to prop up any 1 Spur more than the other given the nature of their "sharing" mentality. If anything it's why I love watching this team. One game older Duncan shines, then parker, then Manu, then Kawhi, Splitter... some times all of em shine!