PDA

View Full Version : Wiggins is out here looking like he never played basketball before

theoneneo
10-29-2014, 09:19 PM
:facepalm I was high on this kid, but damn. No aggression at all. Not even trying to score on Tony Allen.

navy
10-29-2014, 09:21 PM
First nba game. It happens.

RedBlackAttack
10-29-2014, 09:25 PM
Very tough assignment having to deal with Tony Allen's defense in your first professional game. As talented a scorer as Kyrie Irving is, he scored 6 points on 2-12 shooting in his first career game.

It's a big leap going from an 18-year-old freshman in college to a 19-year-old NBA player with all eyes on you.

He'll be fine.

outbreak
10-29-2014, 09:40 PM
Can take some guys a while to learn the pace of the NBA and also a new system. I don't think we should be judging any rookies until at least the half way point of the season. Even then you can't make hard judgements on a guys career at that point.

ABG
10-29-2014, 09:42 PM
its the first game of the season. jeez.

LALakerFan4Life
10-29-2014, 09:42 PM
Calm down. It's just first game jitters for him.

deja vu
10-29-2014, 09:55 PM
Yao Ming scored a big fat zero in his first NBA game.

HeyIt'sMe
10-29-2014, 09:57 PM
Yao Ming scored a big fat zero in his first NBA game.

So did Anthony Bennett.

theoneneo
10-29-2014, 10:05 PM
Again, it's not about the points, but his aggressiveness is not there, that hunger.

AirTupac
10-29-2014, 10:06 PM
Randle for Wiggins?

tgan3
10-29-2014, 10:12 PM
Two No.1 draft pick busts?

senelcoolidge
10-29-2014, 10:29 PM
Wiggin doesn't possess a high motor. So he's going to be kind of inconsistent. He'll have a really good game..and than look like shit the next.
Bennett has terrible shot selection.

RedBlackAttack
10-29-2014, 10:35 PM
Again, it's not about the points, but his aggressiveness is not there, that hunger.
He's not the kind of player that was going to step onto the floor and be a No. 1 scoring or playmaking option regardless how bad the team is. That's going to take time to develop. And, if that's what the Timberwolves need him to be, they're going to be awful this year.

However, he does possess a level of athleticism seldom seen even in the NBA, which has some of the greatest athletes in the world... and he's going to be a good defender who creates turnovers and gets out on the break. That's what you should be expecting from Wiggins right now. Sorry to say, but Thad Young is probably the TWolves' best scorer right now (yikes).

Wiggins will be a streaky jumpshooter with a couple offensive moves (nice stepback), but not the guy you want to depend upon for your scoring. Give him some time.

Milbuck
10-29-2014, 10:37 PM
Jabari kinda sucked ass tonight too..albeit with terrible coaching that didn't use him whatsoever.

Point is, these are kids playing against grown men. Give them a few years, at least a few months.

Darius
10-29-2014, 10:56 PM
Jabari kinda sucked ass tonight too..albeit with terrible coaching that didn't use him whatsoever.

Point is, these are kids playing against grown men. Give them a few years, at least a few months.

Give me a few years etc is what people say about normal rookies.

"Sure things" in a super hyped draft like Wiggins, Jabari have higher expectations.

Guys like LBJ, Durant, griffin etc were ripping the league from day 1

lilteapot
10-29-2014, 10:57 PM
He's not Lebron James. He won't make an impact immediately.

Reef
10-29-2014, 11:03 PM

"Sure things" in a super hyped draft like Wiggins, Jabari have higher expectations.

If you watched him in college, you'd realize he was very raw and was being drafted on potential. To expect him to drop 20 in his first game is just setting yourself up for disappointment.

Milbuck
10-29-2014, 11:05 PM

It's one game. Literally one game. It's okay to make constructive criticisms of their games and what they need to work on...but in the grand scheme of things this game will not matter. At all. And if not a few years, at least give them a few months. You don't just "snap" into being an all-star player right out of college. Not everyone is Lebron James or Tim Duncan.

Dave3
10-29-2014, 11:06 PM
That's what happens when
1. His coach plays him for 18 minutes...(yes he was in foul trouble for a little bit, but he could've played way more)

2. He touches the ball like 6 times all game - literally. The rest of the team played the first half like he didn't exist...

RedBlackAttack
10-29-2014, 11:11 PM

Durant scored 18 points on 7-22 shooting in his first game. I don't know if I'd call that "ripping it."

And, Wiggins was never going to be that kind of offensive player right out of the gates. Even his biggest fans never intimated such a thing. It shouldn't be a newsflash to anyone whose studied these guys that Wiggins was the rawest of the guys at the top of the 2014 draft class.

Optimus Prime
10-29-2014, 11:12 PM
This is why Cleveland does that trade 10 out of 10 times. You know Kevin Love is a star. We have no idea what Wiggins will be yet.

People bashing the Cavs for making the trade like Wiggins is the next Jordan. :facepalm

dubeta
10-29-2014, 11:14 PM
Has wiggins had one really good game yet in summer league/ preseason?
Not hating just asking

Bless Mathews
10-29-2014, 11:14 PM
Why lavine get a dnp?

Cocaine 80's is MAD.

Collie
10-29-2014, 11:23 PM
None of the rookies so far have had great games. Even "NBA ready" Jabari Parker only had 8 points on 3/9.

outbreak
10-29-2014, 11:28 PM
Why lavine get a dnp?

Cocaine 80's is MAD.

He looked lost in preseason

senelcoolidge
10-29-2014, 11:30 PM
None of the rookies so far have had great games. Even "NBA ready" Jabari Parker only had 8 points on 3/9.

Marcus Smart and McDermott have been the best so far.

Bless Mathews
10-29-2014, 11:35 PM
He looked lost in preseason

Oh word.

outbreak
10-29-2014, 11:41 PM
Payton looked pretty good yesterday just needs to learn how to finish against bigs or have some help spreading the floor for him, his facilitating looked nice.

Lebron23
10-30-2014, 06:01 AM
This is why Cleveland does that trade 10 out of 10 times. You know Kevin Love is a star. We have no idea what Wiggins will be yet.

People bashing the Cavs for making the trade like Wiggins is the next Jordan. :facepalm

I agree with this posts.

Cocaine80s
10-30-2014, 06:02 AM
Why lavine get a dnp?

Cocaine 80's is MAD.
heard the t wolves tanking this year

They dont want Lavine to **** it up

Lebron23
10-30-2014, 06:06 AM
heard the t wolves tanking this year

They dont want Lavine to **** it up

Young is currently their best player. And he's the same position as Wiggins.

D-FENS
10-30-2014, 06:10 AM
I agree with this posts.

The Engrish has regressed like Bran's hairline with this one.
:lebronamazed:

FPJ
10-30-2014, 06:21 AM

Have you seen Durant play in his first season? :oldlol: While he averaged around 20 (from what i can remember), he looked like a fish out of water, lots of TO, i think he was below 30% on 3's and like 0.42 or 0.43 overall with more TO than assists and like 3 or 4 REB'S/game.

Players need time to learn the game and get into the NBA rhythm. Lots of great players had slow starts.

TheReal Kendall
10-30-2014, 06:27 AM
Young is currently their best player. And he's the same position as Wiggins.

Young is a PF bro. Wiggins is a SG/SF.

Elosha
10-30-2014, 09:47 AM
Both Parker and Wiggins will likely end up to be very good, perhaps even great players given enough time. It is concerning to me to see how lost Wiggins has looked at time, both in college and in his brief time in the NBA. It doesn't bode well for him being a number one player on a team. However, he does possess otherworldly athleticism, and may end up being a great defensive player and a good offensive player. Maybe a higher ceiling Shawn Marion type of player. Parker may actually have more potential; he's a very good athlete, aggressive and confident, and has honed his offensive game.

However, neither of these player nor anyone else in this draft, will likely reach a peak similar to Durant or Lebron.

kurple
10-30-2014, 10:15 AM

this draft was never that good to begin with. just a bunch of shitty teams and fanbases finding a reason to stay exited

kurple
10-30-2014, 10:16 AM
but the by far best project has yet to play. Joel Embiid

Elosha
10-30-2014, 10:19 AM

You definitely could be right about that. Time will tell.

DukeDelonte13
10-30-2014, 10:52 AM

yeah i was all aboard the Embiid train. Rare combination of size, skill, athleticism, intangibles, etc.

Problem is those injuries. If something happens to that navicular again he's done.

Dr.J4ever
10-30-2014, 12:37 PM

What about Noel? 6 ponts, 10 boards, 3 blocks.. 2/11 shooting ouch..but the 76ers were competitive vs the Pacers.

oarabbus
10-30-2014, 01:37 PM
:facepalm I was high on this kid, but damn. No aggression at all. Not even trying to score on Tony Allen.

:biggums: Tony Allen is the best wing defender of this generation

nzamcdza
10-30-2014, 02:53 PM
What about Noel? 6 ponts, 10 boards, 3 blocks.. 2/11 shooting ouch..but the 76ers were competitive vs the Pacers.

Did you see the Pacers team!? Awful!

Undisputed
10-30-2014, 03:34 PM
I had a feeling Wiggins wouldn't translate well in the NBA, dude is on bust watch. Didn't want to say anything on the subject before I seen him against real NBA talent, and he is yet to do anything to wow me.

miggyme1
10-30-2014, 03:45 PM
I had a feeling Wiggins wouldn't translate well in the NBA, dude is on bust watch. Didn't want to say anything on the subject before I seen him against real NBA talent, and he is yet to do anything to wow me.

my thoughts exactly...i didnt see no sense of urgency....dude looked like he still in high school..just playing the game for fun.....scouts alwaays say how raw a talent is but what is their mental makeup? do they care about getting better.....wiggins never looked like a star at kansas.....and lets be honest u dont need a skillset to dominate in college when u are as athletic as wiggins...he should of been going to the line at least 10 times a game...i just dont see a winners mentality.....i see a kid who loves the game..thats it...

PhutureDynasty
10-30-2014, 03:53 PM
Got that right. :cheers:

Ca$H
10-30-2014, 04:03 PM

It took Kobe and TMAC a couple years to be good.

Hey Yo
10-30-2014, 04:12 PM
SportsCenter ‏@SportsCenter 1h ago

18-year-old LeBron James made his NBA debut with Cavaliers in 2003. He put up 25 Pts, 9 Ast, 6 Reb, 4 Stl.

JellyBean
10-30-2014, 04:12 PM
Wow. After 1 game? He will be okay.

Bigsmoke
10-30-2014, 04:20 PM
Tony Allen put a life jackson on that kid

Chi-town stand up!

Bigsmoke
10-30-2014, 04:24 PM

I hope the best for Wiggins but u beat me to my post

Wiggins could be another LBJ or Evan Turner. We don't know.

And Kevin Love is only 26 and could give I what u see now for another 7 years at least

Dave3
10-30-2014, 05:12 PM
He touched the ball literally once in the first half. He wasn't getting the ball to do anything with...

Anways, he'll be fine with minutes/touches. He makes good use of them and despite his "rawness" can score well when given the opportunity.

alenleomessi
10-30-2014, 05:47 PM
You know this thread is going to get bumped multiple times this season

Jameerthefear
10-30-2014, 05:49 PM
AG actually had a better game.