PDA

View Full Version : Brandon Knight 22 pts 8 rebs 13 ast in a loss

k0kakw0rld
10-29-2014, 10:07 PM
Stepped up big time for his team

HomieWeMajor
10-29-2014, 10:10 PM
The kid has been on the up ever since he got bodied several times during the 12-13 season.

T_L_P
10-29-2014, 10:13 PM
Bucks won that trade.

Milbuck
10-29-2014, 10:18 PM
He was thoroughly mediocre, don't just go by the box score...he was abysmal when it came to being an actual point guard and making people around him better. He just lacks the mindset and skills to be a productive floor general and playmaker on the court. Literally the only reason the stats look good is because he dominated the ball, took a lot of shots, played in his own offense and not within the team. 5-17 from the field...and let's just say there's a reason he had the 2nd lowest +/- on the team. He was honestly the most frustrating player on the court..this is the exact type of stuff Jennings used to do. If this is the type of shit Kidd is gonna be doing this year..as in not having Giannis in the game when he was doing some great things (played within the offense, good energy, 10 pts on 50% shooting in just 24 minutes), not having faith in Jabari as this team's best isolation scorer, etc..it's gonna be an annoying season.

If there's anyone on the Bucks that people need to give props to, anyone that's incredible underrated as a young up and coming player...it's Khris Middleton.

Milbuck
10-29-2014, 10:20 PM
Bucks won that trade.
Because of Khris Middleton

el gringos
10-29-2014, 11:30 PM
He was thoroughly mediocre, don't just go by the box score...he was abysmal when it came to being an actual point guard and making people around him better. He just lacks the mindset and skills to be a productive floor general and playmaker on the court. Literally the only reason the stats look good is because he dominated the ball, took a lot of shots, played in his own offense and not within the team. 5-17 from the field...and let's just say there's a reason he had the 2nd lowest +/- on the team. He was honestly the most frustrating player on the court..this is the exact type of stuff Jennings used to do. If this is the type of shit Kidd is gonna be doing this year..as in not having Giannis in the game when he was doing some great things (played within the offense, good energy, 10 pts on 50% shooting in just 24 minutes), not having faith in Jabari as this team's best isolation scorer, etc..it's gonna be an annoying season.

If there's anyone on the Bucks that people need to give props to, anyone that's incredible underrated as a young up and coming player...it's Khris Middleton.
Perfect explanation of why you trade him. Yeah, usefull piece- just not for the direction the bucks should be heading. He will cost you a couple slots in the draft and slow the development of your 2 main building blocks. Either reason should be enough to trade him right? Both?

hawksdogsbraves
10-30-2014, 12:18 AM
I understand thinking he isn't a good fit as a pure PG, but he's really no worse than Kemba Walker who just got paid $12mil/yr. At the very least he keeps putting up big numbers and you can trade him for more assets :confusedshrug:

Milbuck
10-30-2014, 12:25 AM
Perfect explanation of why you trade him. Yeah, usefull piece- just not for the direction the bucks should be heading. He will cost you a couple slots in the draft and slow the development of your 2 main building blocks. Either reason should be enough to trade him right? Both?
Exactly. But Kidd is convinced he is a point guard, and so is Knight himself.

The shitty thing is, Knight has talent. He could be a terrific spark off the bench on a very good team. It just sucks seeing him in a situation that's mediocre for both sides.

GoRapz
10-30-2014, 01:14 AM
My n*gga held it down in fantasy doe :pimp: :pimp: :pimp:

JimmyMcAdocious
10-30-2014, 01:28 AM
He's not a PG and he's not a SG. He has talent, but not enough to call him a cliched "just a basketball player" and let him do what he wants on the court (a la Westbrook).

He's Stuckey, or one of the many of the other craptastic combo-guards that give combo-guards a bad name. Guys like that need to become great at one thing and stick to it if they want to help a contender. I remember that one Open Court where D Scott and everyone there was saying how he could really handle the ball, but he became a designated 3pt shooter because that's what his team needed him to do. Something similar to that needs to happen for Knight imo.

BIZARRO
10-30-2014, 02:17 AM

GREAT post. I was gonna come in and write just about the same thing and you saved me the trouble. And you explained it perfectly. Hopefully Kidd will be able to see the same thing you and I do. I felt like I was watching Jennings Part 2, but worse. The box score totally does not tell the story in this one. I just hate that he's gonna slow down the development of Giannis (who looked good) and Jabari.

Leroy Jetson
10-30-2014, 02:27 AM
Nice, got this guy as a late pick on my fantasy team.

bdreason
10-30-2014, 02:28 AM
Knight is a backup combo-guard playing starting point-guard for the Bucks.

embersyc
10-30-2014, 07:07 AM
How many turnovers in the final 5 minutes of the game?

TheReal Kendall
10-30-2014, 08:09 AM
What happened to letting Giannis(spelled wrong) run point?

Shade8780
10-30-2014, 11:00 AM
I had him on the bench in Fantasy. FML :facepalm

HurricaneKid
10-30-2014, 11:16 AM
I had him on the bench in Fantasy. FML :facepalm

If you think a guy going 5/17 with 4 TOs is a good fantasy player you are free to join my league any time.

If you look at Bucks boards today they would trade Knight for a pizza and a 2 liter. He was awful and the comparison to BJ3 is a good one. Having a PG who can't pass and just looks to score and does that inefficiently is something that was largely weeded out of the league years ago. He has to either play the 2 or come off the bench.