PDA

View Full Version : How Long Till Kobe Demands A Trade?

Soundwave
10-30-2014, 12:46 AM
I can't see him wasting his few (maybe last?) productive year on this garbage dump of a Lakers team.

How long do you give it till he demands a trade and who would have the cap to be able to acquire him?

Mr.Kite
10-30-2014, 12:47 AM
he will remain a laker

hawksdogsbraves
10-30-2014, 12:47 AM
I'd like to see the Hornets make a go at him. They have a good core but Kobe would make them a real contender.

Zeller + Vonleh + a first (and Henderson and whoever else to make salary work)

SouBeachTalents
10-30-2014, 12:49 AM
He'd never do that, he loyal

http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/post/_/id/3446/kobe-bryant-says-he-d-like-to-be-traded

orange_chicken
not until that white girl he raped find out who Kobe's playing for.

navy
Never. He made his bed with his contract and attitude. 5 rings is not bad.

outbreak
10-30-2014, 12:50 AM
I'd like to see the Hornets make a go at him. They have a good core but Kobe would make them a real contender.

Eh for his contract size they would be giving up a good young core for 2 years of mediocre shot jacking Kobe. I don't think ANY team would be smart trading for him with his current contract. If he'd signed for half what he signed for then he'd be a tradeable asset.

Soundwave
10-30-2014, 12:51 AM
I give it 2 months. Kobe is not going to tolerate this IMO.

The Knicks could acquire him but they'd still be a middle of the pack squad but Melo + Kobe is at least a playoff squad.

BigBoss
10-30-2014, 12:52 AM
He won't do it. Ride and die with the Lakers. Going out like Derek Jeter in his 20th season on a losing team.

bigkingsfan
10-30-2014, 12:53 AM
He'll rot in hell, as he should be.

Smoke117
10-30-2014, 12:53 AM
What is the point of demanding a trade? He has ZERO chance to ever be traded to an decent team with that contract. No team trying to build towards something is going to trade away key pieces for a washed up chucker who plays James Harden defense and takes up over half the cap. He wouldn't want to go to a team of losers, so he has no choice but to stick it out with the Lakers.

Soundwave
10-30-2014, 12:54 AM
He won't do it. Ride and die with the Lakers. Going out like Derek Jeter in his 20th season on a losing team.

I don't think Kobe is willing to accept he's played the last playoff game of his career when he still has something left in the tank.

Loyalty will go out the window pretty damn quick when the Lakers are this bad.

Does Dallas have the pieces to clear out to be able to acquire him?

AKADS
10-30-2014, 12:55 AM
Only team with the salaries who would want him is the Knicks. No one else would want him or have the cotracts.

Soundwave
Trade checker

Kobe to Dallas for Parsons, Wright, and Felton works. They'd probably have to throw in a ton of picks.

I think Cuban would go for it.

AKADS
Yankees were competitive. Lakers are horrible

dubeta
10-30-2014, 12:56 AM
Kobe is actually disloyal enough to do that

Loyal superstars at the very least play out their contract peacefully before switching teams

Just2McFly
10-30-2014, 12:57 AM
he should have demanded one is july... i dont give a ****.... the lakers front office has been shitting themselves since 2011

imdaman99
10-30-2014, 01:02 AM
I'll take him on the Knicks. Pair him up with Melo and see if they can get the rest of the shit on this team anywhere.

Soundwave
10-30-2014, 01:10 AM
This Miami trade works

Kobe Bryant
Ed Davis
Wesley Johnson

for

Luol Deng
Chris Andersen
Josh McRoberts
Mario Chalmers

After Dec. 15th.

Right now I have New York, Miami, and Dallas that are teams that could make a move for him cap wise and sorta fit a situation Kobe would want to be in.

sbw19
10-30-2014, 01:10 AM
He's in position to break the all-time scoring record (playing for one team) and call it a career as a five-time world champion.

Yeah, let's demand a trade. That'd make his legacy greater.

Mr.Kite
10-30-2014, 01:11 AM
This Miami trade works

Kobe Bryant
Ed Davis
Wesley Johnson

for

Luol Deng
Chris Andersen
Josh McRoberts
Mario Chalmers

After Dec. 15th.

Right now I have New York, Miami, and Dallas that are teams that could make a move for him cap wise and sorta fit a situation Kobe would want to be in.

Miami does not want wes johnson

Soundwave
10-30-2014, 01:13 AM
Miami does not want wes johnson

Well you could sub in any one of the Lakers lower salary players, I doubt such a deal hinges on Wes Johnson :lol

Soundwave
10-30-2014, 01:15 AM
Kobe to Golden State also works:

Kobe
Ed Davis

for

Igoudala
Livingston
Speights

Works on the trade checker.

Smoke117
10-30-2014, 01:15 AM
He's in position to break the all-time scoring record (playing for one team) and call it a career as a five-time world champion.

Yeah, let's demand a trade. That'd make his legacy greater.

Breaking the all time scoring record (with by far the most missed shots) that will be broken in few years later by Lebron (and then surpassed by Durant as he chases Lebron) isn't going to be a great coda to his career. He stuck around so he could chuck his way to the points all time while winning 25 games a season. Wow, what a baller. That ego is a lot bigger than his game these days.

Soundwave
10-30-2014, 01:19 AM
So I got

New York, Golden State, Dallas, and Miami as teams that could make a move for Kobe work salary wise.

Chicago, OKC, Clippers really can't unless they move out a major piece.

I have a deal that San Antonio could make but I don't think they'd do it.

BigBoss
10-30-2014, 01:27 AM
Kobe is actually disloyal enough to do that

Dawg it's his 19th season in the same uniform :lol

sbw19
10-30-2014, 01:28 AM
Breaking the all time scoring record (with by far the most missed shots) that will be broke in few years later by Lebron (and then surpassed by Durant as he chases Lebron) isn't going to be a great coda to his career. He stuck around so he could chuck his way to the points all time while winning 25 games a season. Wow, what a baller. That ego is a lot bigger than his game these days.

That it'll eventually be broken is irrelevant, records are meant to be broken.

What breaking the record would do to Kobe's legacy however is cement it as the greatest Laker ever, and the only player in the top 5 alltime in total points to have done it with a single team.

Kobe loses more than he gains if he leaves the Lakers, and he's smart enough to understand that.

Smoke117
10-30-2014, 01:29 AM
That it'll eventually be broken is irrelevant, records are meant to be broken.

What breaking the record would do to Kobe's legacy however is cement it as the greatest Laker ever, and the only player in the top 5 alltime in total points to have done it with a single team.

Kobe loses more than he gains if he leaves the Lakers, and he's smart enough to understand that.

He will NEVER be GREATER than MAGIC JOHNSON. NEVER. Only a child and fool under 30 years old can believe that nonsense.

IncarceratedBob
10-30-2014, 01:29 AM
He should go to Bulls. They have enough defenders to mask his non existent D. It's basically the Pau/Kobe Lakers on steroids.

Soundwave
10-30-2014, 01:32 AM
He should go to Bulls. They have enough defenders to mask his non existent D. It's basically the Pau/Kobe Lakers on steroids.

I think this is actually the place Kobe would want to go to, but look at the Trade Checker, it's very difficult to make it work.

Pau would actually have to be traded back to the Lakers to make the salaries line up I think.

Soundwave
10-30-2014, 01:37 AM
I get Kobe

for

Taj Gibson
Kirk Hinrich
Mirotic
Dunleavy

Works for Chicago but Hinrich would have to agree to waive his bird rights.

Cocaine80s
10-30-2014, 01:40 AM
I get Kobe

for

Taj Gibson
Kirk Hinrich
Mirotic
Dunleavy

Chicago would be stupid to do this

sbw19
10-30-2014, 01:41 AM
He will NEVER be GREATER than MAGIC JOHNSON. NEVER. Only a child and fool under 30 years old can believe that nonsense.

Right now I have Magic as the greatest Laker, and the better player at his best. But I can't argue against Kobe being the greatest Laker if he breaks the alltime scoring record while being a Laker for 20+ seasons. In my book that counts as well as does longevity.

And I say this being more of a Shaq and Magic fan.

tpols
10-30-2014, 01:41 AM

Magic Johnson himself calls Kobe Bryant the Greatest Laker ever (http://www.sportsgrid.com/nba/is-kobe-the-best-laker-ever-jerry-west-and-magic-johnson-think-so/)

Your opinion > his though :oldlol:

RoundMoundOfReb
10-30-2014, 01:42 AM
I get Kobe

for

Taj Gibson
Kirk Hinrich
Mirotic
Dunleavy

Terrible for Chicago.

RoTM
10-30-2014, 01:43 AM
Magic Johnson himself calls Kobe Bryant the Greatest Laker ever (http://www.sportsgrid.com/nba/is-kobe-the-best-laker-ever-jerry-west-and-magic-johnson-think-so/)

Would Kobe call himself the greatest Laker?

Smoke117
10-30-2014, 01:45 AM

Aren't you like 40? That you would think this means something is pretty pathetic. ( every great says the next great is better than him...) Then again age doesn't equate maturity. Keep on trying though, you cannot try enough.

tpols
10-30-2014, 01:46 AM
Aren't you like 40?

not even close. :oldlol:

Heavincent
10-30-2014, 01:48 AM
Aren't you like 40? That you would think this means something is pretty pathetic. ( every great says the next great is better than him...) Then again age doesn't equate maturity. Keep on trying though, you cannot try enough.

Shaq also said Kobe is the greatest Laker ever :confusedshrug:

Cold soul
10-30-2014, 02:00 AM
Shaq also said Kobe is the greatest Laker ever :confusedshrug:

And Jerry West but who is counting right?:confusedshrug:

dubeta
10-30-2014, 02:02 AM
Let's not forget Magic Johsnon said LeBron is the probable GOAT and at worst top 2 all time

SouBeachTalents
10-30-2014, 02:07 AM
Let's not forget Magic Johsnon said LeBron is the probable GOAT and at worst top 2 all time

http://sports.espn.go.com/chicago/nba/news/story?id=6599168

Pippen said the same thing, although LeBron did do this immediately after those comments

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k3kKxtSQa-4

sportjames23
10-30-2014, 02:07 AM

Links?

Smoke117
10-30-2014, 02:11 AM
He said, he said, he said, you kobe stans are pathetic. What do YOU have to SAY? You sure know a lot about what others have to say, but considering were on a forum on the internet..maybe you little boys should give your own opinions? No, no...don't be shy.. you can do it. Pull up your jeans and be a grown man.

tpols
10-30-2014, 02:12 AM
And Jerry West but who is counting right?:confusedshrug:

But smoke said never!

Wait...

NEVER!!!!

BigBoss
10-30-2014, 02:13 AM
He said, he said, he said, you kobe stans are pathetic. What do YOU have to SAY? You sure know a lot about what others have to say, but considering were on a forum on the internet..maybe you little boys should give your own opinions? No, no...don't be shy.. you can do it. Pull up your jeans and be a grown man.

http://www.reactiongifs.com/r/mjl.gif

oh the horror
10-30-2014, 02:26 AM

Well obviously they'd consider him the greatest laker ever no?

dubeta
10-30-2014, 02:28 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/chicago/nba/news/story?id=6599168

Pippen said the same thing, although LeBron did do this immediately after those comments

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k3kKxtSQa-4

If Wade didn't sabotage LeBron would be on track to be the GOAT at age 30 :applause:

bdreason
10-30-2014, 02:43 AM
To the Knicks for Amare.

Amare is gonna get hurt anyways... and the Lakers can just tank once Kobe is gone.

Kobe and Melo might not work, but who cares? The hype in MSG would be insane.

TheMan
10-30-2014, 02:53 AM
I get Kobe

for

Taj Gibson
Kirk Hinrich
Mirotic
Dunleavy

Hell ****ing no

MMM
10-30-2014, 03:01 AM
kobe is loyal but losing is going to be rough on him. More than that is the non competitiveness the team displays. I cant see kobe being to happy about that but he wont demand a trade. With that being said he might end up still getting moved.

How many years does kobe have left in him??? if its more than 2 than maybe it is best for him and the lakers too move on. He has so little ball left and it will be a shame if it is wasted on bottom 5 teams.

If kobe is on a farewell tour the next 2 seasons than it is more likely he remains. Let me be clear that i believe there is a less than 1 % chance he gets moved at all though.

sbw19
10-30-2014, 03:51 AM
Well obviously they'd consider him the greatest laker ever no?

Nothing more amusing that non-Laker fans getting worked up over who Laker fans consider the greatest ever to have played for the purple and gold. Apparently, it's a bigger deal to them than to us lmao.

AirFederer
10-30-2014, 04:09 AM
I don`t think he`ll demand a trade (for himself) but he`ll complain about the team...he`ll demand moves
He`s way too smart to demand a trade in the twilight of his career, while making the bucks he does, and having a green light every night...

But come on - greatest Laker ever? I`ll admit he`s been great, but imho there are 4 guys ahead of him :cheers:

Mr Feeny
10-30-2014, 04:26 AM
I don`t think he`ll demand a trade (for himself) but he`ll complain about the team...he`ll demand moves
He`s way too smart to demand a trade in the twilight of his career, while making the bucks he does, and having a green light every night...

But come on - greatest Laker ever? I`ll admit he`s been great, but imho there are 4 guys ahead of him :cheers:

If he demands a trade, he's gonna become the biggest laughing stock in league history. He's the reason the Lakers' roster is in the damn shape it's in. He picked money over a chance to contend. He better put his big boy pants on and live with the results.

miggyme1
10-30-2014, 05:03 AM
you people are crazy if u think kobe wont go down as the greatest laker of all time. dude has done too much in the purple and gold to not be the greatest laker. magic johnson will always be the greatest ALL AROUND PLAYER AND TALENT the lakers have ever had but we talking about accomplishments in a lakers uniform.....its kobe. im sorry..and im not and never been a kobe fan.

FPJ
10-30-2014, 05:23 AM
He picked money over a chance to contend.

Over the chance to what? :roll:

Who could the Lakers get in order for the team to contend?

Hell, Nash, Kobe, Artest, Pau and D' ho with a decent bench weren't able to contend.

Mr Feeny
10-30-2014, 06:14 AM
Over the chance to what? :roll:

Who could the Lakers get in order for the team to contend?

Hell, Nash, Kobe, Artest, Pau and D' ho with a decent bench weren't able to contend.

Kobe had all that help and wasn't able to contend?:roll:

And he thought the best was to address that was to DRIVE OUT some of that talent?:roll:

Enjoy the lottery Kobe:bowdown:

Mr Feeny
10-30-2014, 06:15 AM
you people are crazy if u think kobe wont go down as the greatest laker of all time. dude has done too much in the purple and gold to not be the greatest laker. magic johnson will always be the greatest ALL AROUND PLAYER AND TALENT the lakers have ever had but we talking about accomplishments in a lakers uniform.....its kobe. im sorry..and im not and never been a kobe fan.

I am a Kobe fan and I say that Kobe will not go down as the greatest Laker ever:applause:

Nevaeh
10-30-2014, 07:22 AM

Kobe's made 7 finals appearances in "19" years (hard pressed to count last season as a "year", because it wasn't). Magic's made 9 finals appearances in 12 years, yes 12 FRIGGIN YEARS, while also winning 3 MVP awards in that time. He also "stole" a FMVP from Kareem, something Kobe was never able to do with Shaq, even when the opportunity was laid out on a silver platter (6'3 Eric Snow? Really?).

Magic also changed the entire culture of Laker basketball, to the extent that it was the place to be if you wanted excitement, thrills, team ball and clutch play in one complete package. No other Laker era has captivated peeps to this extent, and it was all because of Magic who, by even joining the team, extended Kareem's career to where he'd even be argued for GOAT status.

sportjames23
10-30-2014, 07:36 AM
If Wade didn't sabotage LeBron would be on track to be the GOAT at age 30 :applause:

Lebron sabotaged himself in 2011.

And even then, he wouldn't be on track for GOAT status, stanley.

QuebecBaller
10-30-2014, 07:38 AM

http://blogimages.thescore.com/tbj/files/2012/02/kobe-bryant-hornets.jpg

Darius
10-30-2014, 09:15 AM
What is the point of demanding a trade? He has ZERO chance to ever be traded to an decent team with that contract. No team trying to build towards something is going to trade away key pieces for a washed up chucker who plays James Harden defense and takes up over half the cap. He wouldn't want to go to a team of losers, so he has no choice but to stick it out with the Lakers.

Harsh but true

r15mohd
10-30-2014, 09:20 AM
This Miami trade works

Kobe Bryant
Ed Davis
Wesley Johnson

for

Luol Deng
Chris Andersen
Josh McRoberts
Mario Chalmers

After Dec. 15th.

u give away our staring SF, our best rebounder and hype-man, our starting PF once he returns, and one of our combo PG's for basically Kobe?

this is so terrible! :facepalm

Elosha
10-30-2014, 09:36 AM
Kobe's made 7 finals appearances in "19" years (hard pressed to count last season as a "year", because it wasn't). Magic's made 9 finals appearances in 12 years, yes 12 FRIGGIN YEARS, while also winning 3 MVP awards in that time. He also "stole" a FMVP from Kareem, something Kobe was never able to do with Shaq, even when the opportunity was laid out on a silver platter (6'3 Eric Snow? Really?).

Magic also changed the entire culture of Laker basketball, to the extent that it was the place to be if you wanted excitement, thrills, team ball and clutch play in one complete package. No other Laker era has captivated peeps to this extent, and it was all because of Magic who, by even joining the team, extended Kareem's career to where he'd even be argued for GOAT status.

^^ This. Excellent reasoning.

ImKobe
10-30-2014, 10:25 AM
If he demands a trade, he's gonna become the biggest laughing stock in league history. He's the reason the Lakers' roster is in the damn shape it's in. He picked money over a chance to contend. He better put his big boy pants on and live with the results.

Yeah, because if he took 10 mil less it would have turned a lottery team into a title contender :oldlol:, look at this ****ing roster. Nash gets 9 mil for not contributing anything to the season. But it's Kobe's fault we traded for Nash. Randle got injured in his first game. 10 mil might have given us IT and that's it. That wouldn't improve our defense or make our offense better with the shitty front court we have.

Get real...

Mr Feeny
10-30-2014, 10:49 AM
Yeah, because if he took 10 mil less it would have turned a lottery team into a title contender :oldlol:, look at this ****ing roster. Nash gets 9 mil for not contributing anything to the season. But it's Kobe's fault we traded for Nash. Randle got injured in his first game. 10 mil might have given us IT and that's it. That wouldn't improve our defense or make our offense better with the shitty front court we have.

Get real...

We're all real. It's deluded homers like yourself who continually embarass yourself. Can't forget the meltdown 2 nights ago.

Kobe cares more about money than winning. He proved that. Now he can enjoy the lottery and enjoy watching Duncan and Lebron rack up more wins and titles while he leads his team into the lottery:applause:

mehyaM24
10-30-2014, 10:54 AM
We're all real. It's deluded homers like yourself who continually embarass yourself. Can't forget the meltdown 2 nights ago.

Kobe cares more about money than winning. He proved that. Now he can enjoy the lottery and enjoy watching Duncan and Lebron rack up more wins and titles while he leads his team into the lottery:applause:

or winning on his own terms (chuck up as many shots possible and let his big men grab his rebounds). dirk, duncan and even lebron have all taking substantial pay cuts just so their teams could get the best available players around them. if kobe's first priority was winning, he would have done the same.

ImKobe
10-30-2014, 10:57 AM

What?

No he doesn't. He didn't demand the money. There were reports of Lakers and Kobe waiting the season out and then re-signing him (This came from Kobe's camp at the time), then all of a sudden the FO OFFERS him 48.5 million while he's rehabbing, ensuring him they'd put a decent team together. He took the offer.

Duncan is 2 years older than Kobe and is no longer capable of being a first option on a consistent basis and he can't play 35+ mpg no more, he's a role player in a great system.

Kobe's worth the money he's being paid because he's the only reason people would watch this garbage of a team. It was business move by the FO, they don't care about winning as much as they care about making money. That's the problem.

HurricaneKid
10-30-2014, 11:07 AM
Does anyone seriously think any contender has 20M+ in dead money to trade for a player that would decimate their team?

I mean it sucks that he is on a team of players that are far more suited for the NBDL. And that frustration has already completely boiled over.

The Knicks? Phil wrote in his book 5 years ago how ugly the end of Kobe's career was going to be. I would bet he wouldn't trade Bargs and Stat for Kobe and the headache that would come with him.

Has anyone watched the two games and thought he could still contribute to a winner? If so, you watched with rose colored glasses. He takes bad shots and he doesn't have the athleticism to get to the basket anymore.

It sucks and its going to be an awful season but Kobe is the only place Kobe could possibly be. On a terrible team scoring points on lousy efficiency.

Mr Feeny
10-30-2014, 11:14 AM
or winning on his own terms (chuck up as many shots possible and let his big men grab his rebounds). dirk, duncan and even lebron have all taking substantial pay cuts just so their teams could get the best available players around them. if kobe's first priority was winning, he would have done the same.
:applause:

Kobe leading his team to a sub 30 win season is gonna be a huge blot on his legacy. I'm kind of glad that the world world is waking up to his selfishness. This is the same guy who Phil Jackson demanded be traded after labelling "uncoachable".
Same guy who drove out star after star and then the coup De grace choosing money over winning:rockon:

Mr Feeny
10-30-2014, 11:17 AM
Does anyone seriously think any contender has 20M+ in dead money to trade for a player that would decimate their team?

I mean it sucks that he is on a team of players that are far more suited for the NBDL. And that frustration has already completely boiled over.

The Knicks? Phil wrote in his book 5 years ago how ugly the end of Kobe's career was going to be. I would bet he wouldn't trade Bargs and Stat for Kobe and the headache that would come with him.

Has anyone watched the two games and thought he could still contribute to a winner? If so, you watched with rose colored glasses. He takes bad shots and he doesn't have the athleticism to get to the basket anymore.

It sucks and its going to be an awful season but Kobe is the only place Kobe could possibly be. On a terrible team scoring points on lousy efficiency.

You nailed it on the head with the shot selection. It's truly baffling how a 19 year veteran can be so stupid in basketball decisions:facepalm
He'd rather take a contested fadeaway with 3 guys on him than dish to an open teammate. That's why Phil had it with him and ripped him in his book.

YouGotServed
10-30-2014, 11:22 AM
The Kobe hate needs to stop. Yeah he's old and past his prime. So what? That's father time for you. He's won 5 rings, 2 as the 1st option. Respect the legend, brahs.

mehyaM24
10-30-2014, 11:27 AM
The Kobe hate needs to stop. Yeah he's old and past his prime. So what? That's father time for you. He's won 5 rings, 2 as the 1st option. Respect the legend, brahs.
it's really not hating though. kobe wants to have his cake and eat it too. past history tells us, that is NOT the recipe for winning titles.

theoneneo
10-30-2014, 11:39 AM

lol at mentioning Lebron's 2/5 journeyman ass. He ain't a winner.

HurricaneKid
10-30-2014, 12:21 PM
You nailed it on the head with the shot selection. It's truly baffling how a 19 year veteran can be so stupid in basketball decisions:facepalm
He'd rather take a contested fadeaway with 3 guys on him than dish to an open teammate. That's why Phil had it with him and ripped him in his book.

He passed to open guys under the hoop on opening night only to watch them bungle it away. I don't think he expected this team to be THIS bad. And he lost his ****. I think he is going to play out the season trying to climb up the all time scoring list without consideration about making winning plays.

And this team is every bit as bad as Philly without any young and improving stars. They were down 26 at home against Houston with 7:48 to play and were down 25 going into the 4th last night. And neither of those teams are top 10 teams.

This is going to be all about Kobe.

Optimus Prime
10-30-2014, 12:35 PM
While in Fantasyland it is fun to imagine Kobe going to the Knicks (reuniting with Phil and Fish) or the Hornets (back to the team that drafted him and working with MJ), I highly doubt it would ever happen. He will go down as the greatest Laker ever (as said by all of the Laker greats such as Magic, Shaq, Jerry West, etc.). I don't think he will risk his legacy.

However, this Lakers team has the possibility of being horrible. Like, worst Lakers team ever horrible. That losing will take a toll on Kobe. Honestly when they're like 2-18 on Christmas Day, anything could happen. Kobe could demand a trade, murder one of his bum teammates, shoot 40 times a game...

:kobe:

Heavincent
10-30-2014, 01:22 PM
Anybody giving Kobe shit for taking that contract is a moron. Why the **** would he turn down 48 million dollars? Some of you guys are ****ing retarded and don't understand how the real world works. There's not one player who would turn down that deal. You're a naive shithead if you think otherwise.

Duncan and Dirk weren't offered deals like that. If they were, they would have accepted. No question. Not to mention Kobe means more to his franchise than anyone not named Lebron.

Sports fans are so stupid. Where else would we expect somebody to turn down a huge contract and take a paycut? I can't even express how asinine that is.

AlphaWolf24
10-30-2014, 01:29 PM

I've watched both players whole careers....

Kobe is the greatest Laker ever.

Magic said it.....Jerry West said it....Shaq said it.....and I said it

yes Kobe is that great.

next

outbreak
10-30-2014, 02:19 PM
Anybody giving Kobe shit for taking that contract is a moron. Why the **** would he turn down 48 million dollars? Some of you guys are ****ing retarded and don't understand how the real world works. There's not one player who would turn down that deal. You're a naive shithead if you think otherwise.

Duncan and Dirk weren't offered deals like that. If they were, they would have accepted. No question. Not to mention Kobe means more to his franchise than anyone not named Lebron.

Sports fans are so stupid. Where else would we expect somebody to turn down a huge contract and take a paycut? I can't even express how asinine that is.

If you are a guy who's spent their whole career taking shots at people for not sacrificing enough and wanting to win more than anything ans if he hypothetically complains abput hos current situation theb yes we can give him shit for the deal he took. He created his own bed now he has to deal with it. If he wanted the money that's fine. This is real life he is a real person but he can't have it both ways and take a crippling contract and then be upset about the team not being able to afford anyone or theoretically not being able to trade him to a winner.

TheMarkMadsen
10-30-2014, 02:28 PM
If you are a guy who's spent their whole career taking shots at people for not sacrificing enough and wanting to win more than anything ans if he hypothetically complains abput hos current situation theb yes we can give him shit for the deal he took. He created his own bed now he has to deal with it. If he wanted the money that's fine. This is real life he is a real person but he can't have it both ways and take a crippling contract and then be upset about the team not being able to afford anyone or theoretically not being able to trade him to a winner.

This post reads like you were gobbling cockk as you typed

And how does having Kobes contract cripple the lakers?

If J Hill can still get paid 9 mil while Lin makes his 8 or 15 mil then the lakers still had money to spend on contracts..

Optimus Prime
10-30-2014, 02:35 PM
This post reads like you were gobbling cockk as you typed

And how does having Kobes contract cripple the lakers?

If J Hill can still get paid 9 mil while Lin makes his 8 or 15 mil then the lakers still had money to spend on contracts..

Don't forget about Steve Nash's $10 mil expiring deal, as well as Swaggy making $5 mil per year.

Bu...bu...but! Kobe's fault! :rolleyes:

:kobe:

dubeta
10-30-2014, 02:52 PM
The Laker's situation right now is Kobe's fault to a high degree, so he has to live with the result

SwayDizzle
10-30-2014, 03:25 PM
Kobe is the only one worth his contract on this Lakers squad.

Magic 32
10-30-2014, 03:28 PM
He created his own bed now he has to deal with it.

You mean 5 titles and one veto away from 2-3 more?

miggyme1
10-30-2014, 03:33 PM

yea....because kobe is supposed to go to the finals every year right? smh :facepalm

second why do fans act like magic's lakers team were not stacked....they arguably had the best team THROUGHOUT THE WHOLE 80S....done get me wrong like i said magic will go down as the greatest all around player the lkers every had and talent...the lakers with shaq and kobe had about a 5 year window were they were LEGIT contenders....from 1999-2004....after that shaq skipped town and it was just the kobe show until they got bynum and pau...i dont think people realize just how dominant those lakers teams were in the 80's.....a decade is a long time to be competing for rings but lets not act like magic was on a team that could rival lebron cavs teams pre-heat days.....thats NOT the case

Magic 32
10-30-2014, 03:40 PM

Stole is the right word.

Mr Feeny
10-30-2014, 03:49 PM
Stole is the right word.

How's it going kobe slurper :lol

0-2. Winless :lol

JellyBean
10-30-2014, 03:52 PM
he will remain a laker

I agree. I can see my boy staying with the Lakers, which is good.

dazzer87
10-30-2014, 04:00 PM
You mean 5 titles and one veto away from 2-3 more?
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Lakers fans think its was a locked if cp3 was not veto....Keep dreaming......:roll: :roll:

Mr Feeny
10-30-2014, 04:10 PM
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Lakers fans think its was a locked if cp3 was not veto....Keep dreaming......:roll: :roll:

Besides according to the Lakers own beat writer Ramon a shelbourne, cp3 privately told Stern he didn't wanna play for the Lakers:roll:

Max and marcellos have talked about this on the show as has cowherd repeatedly. Why kobe fans are still deluded is beyond me:rockon:

bizil
10-30-2014, 04:11 PM
I think Kobe is gonna play four more seasons if he can stay healthy. So if the Lakers can't build a contender, I think the Knicks is the place to go. I think Kobe would defer to Melo and he knows the triangle like the back of his hand. Plus u got Phil and Fish running the show. U get Kobe to take less money AND have some money to get more help.

Even though Kobe was worth the money he was paid, he could have EASILY took less to ensure the Lakers get enough pieces. U saw how Dirk did it! Dirk is still a top 5 caliber PF in the L and he took A LOT less money so Dallas could add key pieces. And look what they added! Talk about getting bang for you buck. They could afford to overpay Parsons AND get Chandler, Jameer, Felton, Jefferson, JJ, etc. on the squad. So even though they didn't get the top superstar free agents, they added plenty of valuable depth.

Mr Feeny
10-30-2014, 04:13 PM
I think Kobe is gonna play four more seasons if he can stay healthy. So if the Lakers can't build a contender, I think the Knicks is the place to go. I think Kobe would defer to Melo and he knows the triangle like the back of his hand. Plus u got Phil and Fish running the show. U get Kobe to take less money AND have some money to get more help.

Even though Kobe was worth the money he was paid, he could have EASILY took less to ensure the Lakers get enough pieces. U saw how Dirk did it! Dirk is still a top 5 caliber PF in the L and he took A LOT less money so Dallas could add key pieces. And look what they added! Talk about getting bang for you buck. They could afford to overpay Parsons AND get Chandler, Jameer, Felton, Jefferson, JJ, etc. on the squad. So even though they didn't get the top superstar free agents, they added plenty of valuable depth.

:applause: well said. Kobe could learn from Dirk and Duncan about being team players:applause:

dubeta
10-30-2014, 04:15 PM
Kobe doesn't have the cache to demand a trade anymore

He has to listen to what Daddy buss has to say

No Carmelo or LeBron, or no trade untill Daddy allows it

Magic 32
10-30-2014, 04:17 PM
How's it going kobe slurper :lol

0-2. Winless :lol

"It's not how you start, it's how you finish"

http://cdn.triangleoffense.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/Sad-LeBron.gif

Mr Feeny
10-30-2014, 04:19 PM
"It's not how you start, it's how you finish"

http://cdn.triangleoffense.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/Sad-LeBron.gif

In the finals? He'll take that.

Kobe on the other hand....L-O-TTareeeeeee :lol :applause:

Magic 32
10-30-2014, 04:23 PM
In the finals? He'll take that.

Lebron gives the people what they want.

Final losses.

dubeta
10-30-2014, 04:24 PM
No permission slip from Daddy Buss no field trip for kobe

Hey Yo
10-30-2014, 04:26 PM
Why in the hell would the Knicks want to take on Kobe's salary when they're going to have 20+mil in cap space after this season plus a first round pick?

They're not hurting in ratings or attendance so there's no logic reason whatsoever for the Knicks to even entertain the idea of doing so.

Mr Feeny
10-30-2014, 04:31 PM
No permission slip from Daddy Buss no field trip for kobe
:banana:

Lakers Legend#32
10-30-2014, 04:36 PM
Trade Kobe now and start the rebuilding.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
10-30-2014, 04:40 PM
The Lakers did right far as treating their superstar w/ the max, but watching dude wither away on a completely AWFUL team isn't right.

The more I think about it, the better Kobe would be off finishing his career with Fish and Phil in NYC.

outbreak
10-30-2014, 04:49 PM
Why in the hell would the Knicks want to take on Kobe's salary when they're going to have 20+mil in cap space after this season plus a first round pick?

They're not hurting in ratings or attendance so there's no logic reason whatsoever for the Knicks to even entertain the idea of doing so.
The same reason the stans here are saying that other teams would have to throw in first round draft picks to get Kobe - they are delusional about his value.

bizil
10-30-2014, 04:50 PM

It wouldn't happen this season. Nobody is taking Kobe's contract point blank. But if Mamba is still a 20 points-5 dimes-5 boards kind of player in two years and healthy, Phil WILL get Kobe to sign for less than he normally would to come to NY. For me, its the best spot of Kobe with all things considered:

- Gets to play with another true alpha dog in Melo
- Has the big stage in NYC to play on
- His boy Fish is the coach
- Triangle offense in effect
- The Zen Master is running the show

Hey Yo
10-30-2014, 05:06 PM
It wouldn't happen this season. Nobody is taking Kobe's contract point blank. But if Mamba is still a 20 points-5 dimes-5 boards kind of player in two years and healthy, Phil WILL get Kobe to sign for less than he normally would to come to NY. For me, its the best spot of Kobe with all things considered:

- Gets to play with another true alpha dog in Melo
- Has the big stage in NYC to play on
- His boy Fish is the coach
- Triangle offense in effect
- The Zen Master is running the show
I'm sure the Knicks want to get younger, not older. Having 38yr old Kobe on the team does noting but stunt the growth of younger players cause the Knicks would pressured into playing him.

Adding Kobe would put the franchise into even more disarray than it already is.

bizil
10-30-2014, 05:57 PM
I'm sure the Knicks want to get younger, not older. Having 38yr old Kobe on the team does noting but stunt the growth of younger players cause the Knicks would pressured into playing him.

Adding Kobe would put the franchise into even more disarray than it already is.

It would only be for two years. And Kobe at 38 is gonna be better than their current crop of SG's EVER WILL BE. I don't think it would necessarily stunt their growth. If they deserve to get on the court, it would be beneficial for Kobe to play less minutes anyway. Secondly, Kobe has the skillset to change his game and let Melo be the alpha dog scorer. Kobe could transition more into a facilitator while still getting his points. I don't think Kobe would put the team in disarray at all. I'm not saying break the bank to get him. U make Kobe an offer. If he likes it fine, if he doesn't don't bother. Phil WOULDN'T put the team in that position.

Soundwave
10-30-2014, 06:01 PM
I think too when Kobe signed that deal it was with the outlook that the Lakers would be a 6-8 seed in the West at least, at least semi-competitive. I don't think in his mind he signed up for a team *this* bad.

I don't think he can take a full year of this. Showing up like a mascot and waving and smiling at fans while getting his ass kicked by 20-30 points on the regular is going to drive Kobe insane and that's going to lead to him taking shots at Jim Buss and company and then it's going to start to get real ugly.

outbreak
It would only be for two years. And Kobe at 38 is gonna be better than their current crop of SG's EVER WILL BE. I don't think it would necessarily stunt their growth. If they deserve to get on the court, it would be beneficial for Kobe to play less minutes anyway. Secondly, Kobe has the skillset to change his game and let Melo be the alpha dog scorer. Kobe could transition more into a facilitator while still getting his points. I don't think Kobe would put the team in disarray at all. I'm not saying break the bank to get him. U make Kobe an offer. If he likes it fine, if he doesn't don't bother. Phil WOULDN'T put the team in that position.

If Kobe plans to play after this 2 year deal is up a large part of who signs him will have to do with his attitude. If he expects to join a team and jack up 25 shots a game competitors won't want that. It'll end up like AI when he was still relevant yet a cancer because he wouldn't defer to anyone and wanted to be top dog, Kobes better than that and actually commits but it'll still be an issue.

ImKobe
The Lakers did right far as treating their superstar w/ the max, but watching dude wither away on a completely AWFUL team isn't right.

The more I think about it, the better Kobe would be off finishing his career with Fish and Phil in NYC.

Got a feeling this will actually happen. Makes too much sense and Amare for Kobe is the perfect trade for both franchises going forward.

outbreak
10-30-2014, 06:03 PM
It's funny how half the posters defending Kobe here were ripping Melo hard when he said that he wanted to win after signing his large contract on a mediocre team.

Hey Yo
10-30-2014, 06:15 PM
Got a feeling this will actually happen. Makes too much sense and Amare for Kobe is the perfect trade for both franchises going forward.
Perfect for LA, not for NY.

Hey Yo
10-30-2014, 06:17 PM
It's funny how half the posters defending Kobe here were ripping Melo hard when he said that he wanted to win after signing his large contract on a mediocre team.
Can't front on that ^^^

RoTM
10-30-2014, 09:00 PM
http://blogimages.thescore.com/tbj/files/2012/02/kobe-bryant-hornets.jpg

Goatbe comin home :rockon:

Theoo
11-13-2014, 05:45 PM
probably 2 week