PDA

View Full Version : so Lakers could have had Isiah Thomas, Lance Stephenson, and Kobe backcourt

STATUTORY
10-30-2014, 10:26 AM
instead Buss family spent summer chasing an overrated and farfetched delusion in Melo and we now have Jeremy Lin at 15 million and Jordan Hill at 9 million

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :facepalm :facepalm

StephHamann
10-30-2014, 10:33 AM
instead Buss family spent summer chasing an overrated and farfetched delusion in Melo and we now have Jeremy Lin at 15 million and Jordan Hill at 9 million

So? With Lance and Isiah you win 35-40 and still miss the playoffs.

:coleman:

They have to tank hardcore to get their top 5 Pick, if they dont they will be irrelevant for the next 4 years minimum.

STATUTORY
10-30-2014, 10:37 AM
it's a thin draft, i rather have lance and IT on reasonable contract then having jimbo waste another draft pick

HurricaneKid
10-30-2014, 10:46 AM
it's a thin draft, i rather have lance and IT on reasonable contract then having jimbo waste another draft pick

No. Its not. Its a really strong draft actually.

UK2K
10-30-2014, 10:48 AM
No. Its not. Its a really strong draft actually.
Full of elite big men.

SOD 21
10-30-2014, 10:48 AM

They have to tank hardcore to get their top 5 Pick, if they dont they will be irrelevant for the next 4 years minimum.

I'm starting to believe that the Lakers organization is definitely tanking to take advantage of that top five protected pick in this coming draft. They keep all these diehard Kobe fans happy by resigning him to a huge contract to give him an opportunity to move up the scoring list and fire away to his hearts content.

This way they get to stay in lottery for several years, keep Kobe fans happy by seeing him play and score, and continue to make huge money from their Time Warner contract. It is clear that this is the worst roster in the Western Conference.

ImKobe
10-30-2014, 10:52 AM
Lakers were idiots for signing Hill & Young. I doubt they even went after Lance or IT, because IT said he actually would like to play for us.. And taking on Lin's contract was a huge pile of shit looking back at it...the pick is cool but who are we kidding here. Or signed Meeks instead of Young...Meeks didn't even get contacted, which is ****ing weird considering he was handed a bigger role last season and did well...

I'm just totally not liking the moves this FO has been making since the D12 trade... seems like they are content with being garbage and just waiting until a big name FA wants to play here..

ZeN
10-30-2014, 10:55 AM

Jeremy Lins cap # is actually 8 million not 15

ZeN
10-30-2014, 10:57 AM
Lakers were idiots for signing Hill & Young. I doubt they even went after Lance or IT, because IT said he actually would like to play for us.. And taking on Lin's contract was a huge pile of shit looking back at it...the pick is cool but who are we kidding here. Or signed Meeks instead of Young...Meeks didn't even get contacted, which is ****ing weird considering he was handed a bigger role last season and did well...

I'm just totally not liking the moves this FO has been making since the D12 trade... seems like they are content with being garbage and just waiting until a big name FA wants to play here..
Taking on Lin was an 8 million expirer and you got a pick in it. Its not a pile of shit if you gave up nothing.

ImKobe
10-30-2014, 11:01 AM
Taking on Lin was an 8 million expirer and you got a pick in it. Its not a pile of shit if you gave up nothing.

Yeah but we could have signed IT for the money we're paying Lin, the FO would have actually had to pay less money (Lin costs them 15 mil with 8 against the cap).. IT wanted to play here, Suns signed him for a little less than 7 mil a year. IT is a lot better on offense...

ZeN
10-30-2014, 11:08 AM
Yeah but we could have signed IT for the money we're paying Lin, the FO would have actually had to pay less money (Lin costs them 15 mil with 8 against the cap).. IT wanted to play here, Suns signed him for a little less than 7 mil a year. IT is a lot better on offense...
I understand that. Im just saying its not as bad as you stated due to being irritated. Im also not saying it was a great move...lol

They did it because of their stupid plan of not wanting to sign players longterm. They probably figured that with Lin its just a try out, and plus they would make money due to his Chinese heritage.

r15mohd
10-30-2014, 11:10 AM
I understand that. Im just saying its not as bad as you stated due to being irritated. Im also not saying it was a great move...lol

They did it because of their stupid plan of not wanting to sign players longterm. They probably figured that with Lin its just a try out, and plus they would make money due to his Chinese heritage.

:facepalm
his parents are from Taiwan :hammerhead:

SwishSquared
10-30-2014, 01:15 PM
Even if they signed those guys, like some people have stated, they in all likelihood would miss the playoffs. I still think Denver, Phoenix, and New Orleans would all be better and all three of those squads may miss the playoffs.

Better to tank and hope Houston makes playoffs so they can have two picks in the upcoming draft. LAL need players at basically every position. PG, SF, & C are weak points on this roster because there's no long-term solution. Their depth isn't very good, either.

stalkerforlife
10-30-2014, 01:16 PM
Should have tried hard to sign IT.

outbreak
10-30-2014, 02:11 PM
Lance didn't want to go there. Lakers made offers to frye too reportedly and he didn't want to go there either. Lakers will just sit out kobes contract then players will want to sign again

RoundMoundOfReb
10-30-2014, 02:12 PM
IT would've actually been a great pickup.

magic chiongson
10-30-2014, 02:31 PM
:facepalm
his parents are from Taiwan :hammerhead:

taiwan, officially called republic of china. official language is chinese (mandarin).

WeGetRing2012
10-30-2014, 02:36 PM

:applause:

boozehound
10-30-2014, 02:43 PM
I'm starting to believe that the Lakers organization is definitely tanking to take advantage of that top five protected pick in this coming draft. They keep all these diehard Kobe fans happy by resigning him to a huge contract to give him an opportunity to move up the scoring list and fire away to his hearts content.

This way they get to stay in lottery for several years, keep Kobe fans happy by seeing him play and score, and continue to make huge money from their Time Warner contract. It is clear that this is the worst roster in the Western Conference.
the problem is that their pick will eventually go to the suns. even if they end up bottom 5 this year, they wont be able to have several low draft picks in a row (like OKC).

Optimus Prime
10-30-2014, 02:46 PM
I've seen no stories that give any indication Lance Stephenson was even in negotiations with the Lakers. I have no clue why Isaiah (he actually spells it right) Thomas wasn't signed by the Lakers, since he flat-out said he wanted to play there.

:kobe:

fiddy
10-30-2014, 03:00 PM

Lin cap hit is 8 million

ZMonkey11
10-30-2014, 09:07 PM
Isiah Thomas is coming out of retirement, huh?

longtime lurker
10-30-2014, 09:14 PM
Even ignoring Lin considering we got a pick for him. Lakers still had 14 million to spend and came away with Jordan Hill, Nick Young and Boozer :facepalm Kobe's not the problem it's the idiotic front office that tries to cheap out on players hoping a superstar is going to sign there because.....hey we're the Lakers.

Genaro
10-30-2014, 09:19 PM
I rather stay bad for a few years and then strike on a big time player than get guys like IT, Ariza and Lance who wouldn't get us anywhere but 8th seed at tops.

longtime lurker
10-30-2014, 09:46 PM
I rather stay bad for a few years and then strike on a big time player than get guys like IT, Ariza and Lance who wouldn't get us anywhere but 8th seed at tops.

You won't get any difference making players by sucking for a few years that's what nobody gets. It's better to make a few value signings and build slow season by season instead of trying to make a big leap. Stephenson and some other signings would put us in a better position than Jordan fvcking Hill and Nick Young. You don't see superstars scrambling to play for the Magic for a good reason.

Optimus Prime
10-30-2014, 09:49 PM

Better than spending that money on Jordan Hill, Jeremy Lin and Nick Young. :facepalm

PS - I love Swaggy, but his contract is ugh.