PDA

View Full Version : Can the Celtics make the playoffs?

stalkerforlife
10-30-2014, 05:07 PM
Coming into the season, the Celtics were looked at as one of the worst teams in the league. However, I think their roster is underrated.

Rondo - Top 5 PG when healthy.
Sullinger - Double double machine capability.
Bradley - Great defender with improved offensive game.
Olynyk - Young center with a lot of promise.
Green - Can light it up.
Smart - Great rookie prospect.
Bass - Solid role player.
Turner - Solid role player.
Thornton - Proven scorer.

I like their potential and I think they could shock the NBA and make the playoffs.

AKADS
10-30-2014, 05:08 PM
No.

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
10-30-2014, 05:24 PM
I wouldnt be surprised. Its the Least after all
expect to see 3 30-35 win teams pushing for the 7 and 8th seed by the end of the season

MMM
10-30-2014, 06:51 PM
Last night was refreshing as a Celtics fan as we haven't seen them perform at that level for some time. The most suitable description of their offensive display last night was beautiful. The pace and space was fantastic but the total team effort gives me some hope seeing as they aren't as star studded as their opponent on most nights.

I was impressed by the synergy and how seamless the line up combinations were despite the lack of experience the players have in playing together. Rondo in particular never played with half the team but looked like he was leading them all along.

Stevens has better defined roles going into year two and has a better idea of what combinations work. Seems like the Celtics always have multiple bigs that can spread the court, multiple shooters, multiple play makers/ball handlers, wing defenders.

I think they are a few pieces away from starting to be a legit team again. Mainly a rim protector and developing a consistent low scoring attack.

As for the playoffs, who are the locks in the East???

Cle
Chi
Tor
Mia
Was
Cha
Atl

After them I could see the Celtics compete with the knicks, Nets, Pistons for the 8th seed. Those teams might have more talent but I like how the Celtics pieces potentially fit.

ProfessorMurder
10-30-2014, 06:54 PM
If they had one guy to protect the rim I think they could.

Rondo
Bradley
Green
Sully/Bass

Is pretty solid. Not contenders obviously, but not terrible.

Legends66NBA7
Wouldn't be surprising if they did make it.

outbreak
Last night was refreshing as a Celtics fan as we haven't seen them perform at that level for some time. The most suitable description of their offensive display last night was beautiful. The pace and space was fantastic but the total team effort gives me some hope seeing as they aren't as star studded as their opponent on most nights.

I was impressed by the synergy and how seamless the line up combinations were despite the lack of experience the players have in playing together. Rondo in particular never played with half the team but looked like he was leading them all along.

Stevens has better defined roles going into year two and has a better idea of what combinations work. Seems like the Celtics always have multiple bigs that can spread the court, multiple shooters, multiple play makers/ball handlers, wing defenders.

I think they are a few pieces away from starting to be a legit team again. Mainly a rim protector and developing a consistent low scoring attack.

As for the playoffs, who are the locks in the East???

Cle
Chi
Tor
Mia
Was
Cha
Atl

After them I could see the Celtics compete with the knicks, Nets, Pistons for the 8th seed. Those teams might have more talent but I like how the Celtics pieces potentially fit.

If we factor in injuries the celtics could sneak in too if they are lucky. Their on the fringe but I wouldn't be too surprised if they snuck in.Teams like washington, charlotte, atlanta maybe even miami are probably an injury or two away from the celtics level.

Genaro
10-30-2014, 06:55 PM
The way I see it the 8th seed in the east is up in the air so it's quite possible. If they remain healthy of course.