PDA

View Full Version : Could Kevin Love and Lebron play QB/WR for the Browns

BuffaloBill
10-30-2014, 08:21 PM
Not doubt in my mind that they would be better than whatever trash is on that team right now. They should do it.

JimmyMcAdocious
10-30-2014, 08:24 PM
Browns actually have a lot of talent.

BuffaloBill
10-30-2014, 08:25 PM
Browns actually have a lot of talent.

So does every other team in the NFL

JimmyMcAdocious
10-30-2014, 08:31 PM
Trash = talent? You make it sound like they're NC State.

And, yes, I understand the premise of this thread. "Did you see that Love outlet to LeBron. Wowzersrsomgzafdf. They could play for the Browns!"

Just saying, they aren't trash.

BuffaloBill
10-30-2014, 08:33 PM
Trash = talent? You make it sound like they're NC State.

And, yes, I understand the premise of this thread. "Did you see that Love outlet to LeBron. Wowzersrsomgzafdf. They could play for the Browns!"

Just saying, they aren't trash.

Don't get so butthurt about it. This is the NBA thread :lol

Wally450
10-30-2014, 08:42 PM
Love couldn't hang in the NFL. LeBron would be a good TE.

FKAri
10-30-2014, 08:50 PM
lol @ the NFL.

Kobe_6/8
07-29-2015, 10:47 PM
If Olynkyk tore his shoulder easily, what would happen to Love in the NFL? :lol

Clyde
07-29-2015, 11:18 PM
Short answer no.

Longer answer, you're retarded

AnaheimLakers24
07-29-2015, 11:21 PM
No, lebron has said he doesnt like getting hit physically

ZMonkey11
07-30-2015, 12:53 AM
So does every other team in the NFL

It's true. My Lions have talent, as well!

warriorfan
07-30-2015, 01:03 AM
Love in the NFL? :lol

bdreason
07-30-2015, 02:37 AM
LeBron at WR? Maybe.

Love at QB? Hell no.

theaussieguy
07-30-2015, 03:09 AM
Lebron could easily have made the NFL. If he trained specifically for NFL he would be as fast if not faster than the fastest of RB's, at his size.....

greatest athlete of all time no doubt.

Marchesk
07-30-2015, 03:53 AM
greatest athlete of all time no doubt.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/sports/images/nba/1999/chamberlain/wilt2.jpg

oarabbus
07-30-2015, 04:39 AM
LeBron at WR? Maybe.

Love at QB? Hell no.

Why not?

Joe Flacco, 6'6" 245lbs.

Big Ben 6'5" 240lbs.

I can see LeBron being a big QB who can scramble out of the pocket if necessary. Of course he'd get slammed... but Flacco and Roethlisberger are pretty intelligent players. Passing as a QB is very different than Bron's de facto PG passing but with training..

Lebron has the arm and the athleticism to play QB. Of course, it's not like he could just transition today. But if he had a year to morph his body from basketball shape to football shape? I see no reason for LeBron not to be a beast at QB, or TE, WR, don't see why he couldn't be a D or O lineman either. Shit he could play center but it'd wouldn't be a full use of his talent.

RedBlackAttack
07-30-2015, 09:35 AM
These people have to be trolling, right? This can't be a real discussion. I've actually seen LeBron play football his sophomore year at SVSM. He was a good young prospect, but it didn't come naturally to him like basketball did. On the court, he was the best underclassmen basketball player I have ever seen by a mile. On the football field, he was just another good prospect.

If he would have chosen to stick with football at his natural position of WR/TE, it would have been a very foolish idea, but he would have definitely gotten a Division I-A scholarship. It's a huge leap from there to the NFL but with his natural talent and frame, he definitely had a shot.

But this is all assuming he played his natural position of WR/TE. As a quarterback? He didn't even play QB in high school where -- trust me -- if his game were cut out for it, he would have been in that position. But he's going to step on a field with the best 22 guys in the world at their respective positions and wreck shop?

Ok... Hey, I think Larry Bird would have made a great hockey goalie. We all know Amar'e Stoudemire would have been the GOAT in fencing.

NumberSix
07-30-2015, 09:41 AM
Kevin love would be a white Brown and LeBron would be a black Brown.

BuffaloBill
07-30-2015, 09:58 AM
These people have to be trolling, right? This can't be a real discussion. I've actually seen LeBron play football his sophomore year at SVSM. He was a good young prospect, but it didn't come naturally to him like basketball did. On the court, he was the best underclassmen basketball player I have ever seen by a mile. On the football field, he was just another good prospect.

If he would have chosen to stick with football at his natural position of WR/TE, it would have been a very foolish idea, but he would have definitely gotten a Division I-A scholarship. It's a huge leap from there to the NFL but with his natural talent and frame, he definitely had a shot.

But this is all assuming he played his natural position of WR/TE. As a quarterback? He didn't even play QB in high school where -- trust me -- if his game were cut out for it, he would have been in that position. But he's going to step on a field with the best 22 guys in the world at their respective positions and wreck shop?

Ok... Hey, I think Larry Bird would have made a great hockey goalie. We all know Amar'e Stoudemire would have been the GOAT in fencing.

Saying lebron couldn't play football is like saying Russell Wilson couldn't play baseball.

RedBlackAttack
07-30-2015, 10:34 AM
Saying lebron couldn't play football is like saying Russell Wilson couldn't play baseball.
Except that Russell Wilson has played collegiate baseball, was drafted by the Orioles and then played professional baseball. So, to say that Wilson can't play professional baseball is factually incorrect. He already has.

LeBron hasn't played football since his sophomore year in high school and has never played quarterback.

I know you're trolling and all, but there are people who actually believe this kind of stuff.

BuffaloBill
07-30-2015, 10:44 AM
Except that Russell Wilson has played collegiate baseball, was drafted by the Orioles and then played professional baseball. So, to say that Wilson can't play professional baseball is factually incorrect. He already has.

LeBron hasn't played football since his sophomore year in high school and has never played quarterback.

I know you're trolling and all, but there are people who actually believe this kind of stuff.

That's the exact point I'm making.

And I was talking about WR/TE.

But I still disagree. There are tons of athletes that excel at multiple sports, and are even offered scholarships for multiple sports. The thing is just that they put more time into one sport than the other. That by no means indicates that they wouldn't succeed in another sport or position if they wanted to.

BuffaloBill
07-30-2015, 10:47 AM
Also there are WRs and QBs that can successfully play both positions. Not dominantly, but successfully.

BuffaloBill
07-30-2015, 10:54 AM
These people have to be trolling, right? This can't be a real discussion. I've actually seen LeBron play football his sophomore year at SVSM. He was a good young prospect, but it didn't come naturally to him like basketball did. On the court, he was the best underclassmen basketball player I have ever seen by a mile. On the football field, he was just another good prospect. .

A lot of players who are just "another good prospect" end up dominating in the league even though they were just average/good prospects in High School/College. That doesn't mean anything really.

RedBlackAttack
07-30-2015, 12:33 PM
That's the exact point I'm making.

And I was talking about WR/TE.

But I still disagree. There are tons of athletes that excel at multiple sports, and are even offered scholarships for multiple sports. The thing is just that they put more time into one sport than the other. That by no means indicates that they wouldn't succeed in another sport or position if they wanted to.
But the thread title and OP makes it sound as if you're saying that LeBron and Love could just walk over to the Browns practice facility and immediately be starters at QB and WR... which is just crazy.

However, with the reasoning used in the above post, if they had put all of their time and effort into football from a young age... you never know. Like I said, LeBron is enough of a physical specimen that he could have probably excelled in any sport had he put all of his energy into it.

Based on what I saw, football didn't come nearly as naturally to LeBron as basketball did, so I don't think he would have ever been as dominant a player, but I'm sure he would have been very good.

Love, OTOH, I have no idea. He's not the athletic freak of nature that LeBron is, but he is a big strong guy. Who knows.

The Browns are definitely weak at QB and WR, but not so weak that two guys who probably haven't played organized football in a decade (if at all in Love's case) could step on the field and beat out guys who've spent their lives training to get to that level.

Browns' offensive line, RBs and defense will likely be good this year, fwiw.

BuffaloBill
07-30-2015, 12:40 PM
Baseball was really … my second love. And I tell everybody: Had I been left-handed, I might not be playing basketball and suiting up in the Wine and Gold today.

I always wanted to play … football. I wanted to be a quarterback because I thought – at my size and with the way I throw the outlet – I’d be able to do some damage out there. I have decent footwork, I’m deceptively quick and I could maybe make some stuff happen on the run as well.

Kevin Love

http://www.nba.com/cavaliers/news/features/growingup-love-140925

Westbrook0
07-30-2015, 01:11 PM

Finally a reasonable post.

bitedez
07-30-2015, 02:01 PM
Love in the NFL? :lol

Could be worst. Imagine Curry or Livingston in the NFL. :roll: :roll: :roll: