PDA

View Full Version : why did lebron play so poorly?

riseagainst
10-31-2014, 11:30 AM
17 points and 8 turnovers on 5-15 shooting. This is like 2011 finals all over again.

Optimus Prime
10-31-2014, 11:31 AM
The pressure.

No future HoFers to bail him out.

Pretty simple, actually. :confusedshrug:

Beastmode88
10-31-2014, 11:36 AM
Other two of the new "big three" outplayed him in every measurable statistic. Guy cannot play unless he has the ball in his hands at all times.

The bran stans were ripping Irving and Love for being mediocre before the season started but after yesterday the stans are no where to be found. How the hell do you lose to the Knicks where it's their back to back AND they were down 35 to the Bulls. They also always bring up Lebron for being efficient, I guess 33 percent is quite efficient. Lebron looked gassed last night, not looking good. :lol

StephHamann
10-31-2014, 11:39 AM
They also always bring up Lebron for being efficient, I guess 33 percent is quite efficient. Lebron looked gassed last night, not looking good. :lol

He was below his 2/5 average, poor night but he will play better against the Bulls.

fiddy
10-31-2014, 11:41 AM
He jinxed the opener, said it was going to be the biggest sporting event ever and put pressure on him, and we all know when it comes to pressure hes the first to shit his pants.

r15mohd
10-31-2014, 11:44 AM
17 points and 8 turnovers on 5-15 shooting. This is like 2011 finals all over again.

how'd he do after the 2011 Finals? :rolleyes:

love the over-reaction by this board. 2-games into the season and it's as if the season is over for whatever team starts poorly.

same thing said about the Knicks yesterday, and today they're ECF bound :facepalm

mehyaM24
10-31-2014, 11:47 AM
season opener. hometown return. the game lost its lure after the introductions and powder toss.

now bron & co can get down to business.

Indian guy
10-31-2014, 11:52 AM
Same reason he didn't look good in preseason either. Well, that and most likely being a little too hyped up for the opener.

SamuraiSWISH
10-31-2014, 12:03 PM
A few choices of possibility

a) Dead legs.
b) Over excitement.
c) No HGHs
d) Visible steep athletic / mobility decline.
e) Lack of elite skill to negate regressed athleticism.

CLE fans better hope it's a) or b) only

Trollsmasher
10-31-2014, 12:07 PM
he was pretty visibly nervous

the ball was slipping out of his hands even on simple dribbling

Optimus Prime
10-31-2014, 12:15 PM
A few choices of possibility

a) Dead legs.
b) Over excitement.
c) No HGHs
d) Visible steep athletic / mobility decline.
e) Lack of elite skill to negate regressed athleticism.

CLE fans better hope it's a) or b) only

Is "no carbs" secret lingo for "no HGH"?

:confusedshrug:

CavaliersFTW
10-31-2014, 12:33 PM
To quote the incoherant ramblings of a madman:

"He remembers every shot he has ever missed. His gift is his curse, and it tortures him." - Brian Windhorst

http://www.trbimg.com/img-524caf67/turbine/sfl-heat-training-camp-20131001-029/920

Windhorst wrote that nonsensical soliloquy in shit on his walls shortly before he stepped away from the rope tied to his ceiling fan last night. Rough night for bran fans last night. You'll get through this though, I'm pulling for you guys.

DonDadda59
10-31-2014, 12:37 PM
No carbs. No sugar. No balls. No win.

QuebecBaller
10-31-2014, 12:38 PM
The pressure.

No future HoFers to bail him out.

Pretty simple, actually. :confusedshrug:

Pressure and Lebron, that never go well togheter

pauk
10-31-2014, 12:50 PM
He missed some easy shots he usually makes (even some layup) & took only 15 shots (not agressive scoring wise), simple as that or simply rust, maybe it being the first regular season game where he/they are trying to figure out how to complement eachother with this completely new cast/offense around had something to do with it aswell.

JerrySeinfeld
10-31-2014, 12:56 PM
If only he could take 30 shots like Durant does or whatever he was getting jealous and whining about last year.

This is what I don't get about LeBron. You put the pressure on yourself to perform for this game, and then only 15 shots? You can't check out of a game just because you aren't doing well. That's basically what he does when he isn't playing well though, to keep his season stats high.

dannywpt
10-31-2014, 01:07 PM
He is a mental midget

DonDadda59
10-31-2014, 01:25 PM
The real reason is, as he's proven many times in the past (see: 2011 Finals), he's completely useless to a basketball team if he's forced to play off-ball. If he's not playing LeBron ball then he's standing in a corner, hiding out like a jihadist in a cave, virtually invisible. No off ball skills to speak of (not counting him not getting back on D and waiting by the basket to cherry pick easy uncontested layups).

If Kyrie is sticking to his guns and he wants to keep his role as a shoot first PG, then the whole season will look a lot like what we saw last night. If that happens, get your popcorn ready... Decision 3.0 is coming.

mehyaM24
10-31-2014, 01:30 PM
The real reason is, as he's proven many times in the past (see: 2011 Finals), he's completely useless to a basketball team if he's forced to play off-ball. If he's not playing LeBron ball then he's standing in a corner, hiding out like a jihadist in a cave, virtually invisible. No off ball skills to speak of (not counting him not getting back on D and waiting by the basket to cherry pick easy uncontested layups).

If Kyrie is sticking to his guns and he wants to keep his role as a shoot first PG, then the whole season will look a lot like what we saw last night. If that happens, get your popcorn ready... Decision 3.0 is coming.

i'm a big lebron fan, but i will admit his off bill skills (when it pertains to scoring) look suspect.

do you think blatt's offense could make lebron, dare i say...average?

i feel that teams that make lebron their primary pg are always in contention.

Real14
10-31-2014, 01:33 PM
No carbs. No sugar. No balls. No win.
You have point here, I shook my head too when I heard that last night, I'm like this guy gone crazier:biggums: :facepalm

Real14
10-31-2014, 01:35 PM
I think he was also nervous because he was mad guilty on how he did Cleveland 4 years ago.