PDA

View Full Version : Kiwi (lol) Leonard = Iguodala, he's seeking the max

GOBB
10-31-2014, 03:35 PM
Should the Sixers go after him? Let's just assume Spurs are unwilling to give him that money. I'm half and half on this guy. I just don't see the guy creating much of his offense to deserve such a deal. But sixers do need to sign a talent like him. Again let's assume Spurs have no intention of keeping Leonard.

9erempiree
10-31-2014, 03:37 PM
I am not sure about him either. He has shown flashes of greatness but he is more the product of the system.

IncarceratedBob
10-31-2014, 03:37 PM
Not sure but I hear Bynums available. Would be a big splash

JimmyMcAdocious
10-31-2014, 03:44 PM
Dat defense: MCW/.../Leonard/Noel/Embiid.

RoseCity07
10-31-2014, 03:58 PM
I'd be willing to do a straight up trade with the Spurs. They can have Nic Batum. I'd throw in Thomas Robinson if they'd bite. I would not care if Portland gave him max. His value on the defensive end is deserving of the max. He's is a damn solid offensive player too.

alenleomessi
10-31-2014, 04:02 PM
Like the Sixers stand a chance.

I heard Bynum is available though.

andremiller07
10-31-2014, 04:45 PM
I'd be willing to do a straight up trade with the Spurs. They can have Nic Batum. I'd throw in Thomas Robinson if they'd bite. I would not care if Portland gave him max. His value on the defensive end is deserving of the max. He's is a damn solid offensive player too.
For what he sucks?

La Frescobaldi
10-31-2014, 11:11 PM
if there was a dangerous team out there that Leonard was to show up on... it would be Portland. Batum is fine and all don't get me wrong but if Leonard was on there they'd be smashing all kinds of things.
I hope he stays with Spurs tho and they figure that out

Heavincent
10-31-2014, 11:13 PM
Again let's assume Spurs have no intention of keeping Leonard.

That's a pretty stupid assumption.

Paul George 24
10-31-2014, 11:25 PM
Should the Sixers go after him? Let's just assume Spurs are unwilling to give him that money. I'm half and half on this guy. I just don't see the guy creating much of his offense to deserve such a deal. But sixers do need to sign a talent like him. Again let's assume Spurs have no intention of keeping Leonard.

hater gonna hate :lol

GabeIsGone
11-02-2014, 07:17 AM
He's 23, the most consistent player on the team, elite rebounder, elite defender at 3 positions, is above average offensively, has improved every single year, is humble/quiet, and just won FMVP.

Of course he's getting the ****ing max. And far more deserving of it than ANY of the max contracts been given out lately.

There is 0% chance the Spurs let him go. Pop, Duncan, and Parker regularly refer to him as the future of the franchise.

keep-itreal
11-02-2014, 07:19 AM
Kawhi Leonard = Black Shane Battier

T_L_P
11-02-2014, 07:28 AM
He's 23, the most consistent player on the team, elite rebounder, elite defender at 3 positions, is above average offensively, has improved every single year, is humble/quiet, and just won FMVP.

Of course he's getting the ****ing max. And far more deserving of it than ANY of the max contracts been given out lately.

There is 0% chance the Spurs let him go. Pop, Duncan, and Parker regularly refer to him as the future of the franchise.

All agreed with except this. Duncan and Diaw are the two most consistent players. :confusedshrug:

Haymaker
11-02-2014, 09:51 AM
He's the best non-elite role player in the league, but he's no game-changer. He could make an impact on the sixers on the W column, but he won't take them deep into the playoffs.

Springsteen
11-02-2014, 10:05 AM
Wouldn't say he's exactly a MAX player, but he deserves something around there. Dude is the definition of an elite defender, despite being somewhat of a system player.

Spurs are pretty much stuck in a corner, they have to give him somewhere near what he's asking for if they plan on keeping the perfect player for their system. When Bricky Rubio just got a 50-million extension, how are you gonna tell a finals MVP he doesn't deserve a hefty contract? I know the Lakers would be willing to throw a max at him.

RidonKs
11-02-2014, 11:18 AM
if embiid meets any level of hype, that front court would be the scariest in years

philly could definitely afford to give him a max contract. their next three best players are all on rookie contracts through 2017. each of them with a ways to go on development. meaning you'd be paying kawai big money not to contend but to keep building. he seems to be a great locker room guy, hard worker, unselfish, great all around talent. it wouldn't be the worst move philly could make.

though they probably dont have the infrastucture to lure him not just away from san antonio but away from any other team in the market for a guy like kawai... and there are lots

Bigsmoke
11-02-2014, 11:25 AM
Iggy has a Finals MVP?

chocolatethunder
11-02-2014, 11:52 AM
They will keep him I'm sure. That being said, I think that the Sixers have no interest in him at all. I don't think that they will pursue and free agents until they feel like they are set to make a real run. They want to maintain cap flexibility for as long as possible and to them it would make no sense to sign a free agent next year. At the very least they will see what happens with Embiid before they do anything but I thin that it will be at least a year after his first year. I'm basing all of this off what Hinkie has said and my understanding of what their intentions are in building a team.

I want to add that I would assume that eventually they will go after a shooter. They are assembling a long, fast, athletic team that can defend. I expect them to get a shooter at some point and I think that they would spend money on that before anything else. I could be wrong but that's what I think.

ProfessorMurder
11-02-2014, 12:17 PM
Kemba just got 12, Kawhi is better than Kemba.

barkleynash
11-02-2014, 01:30 PM
If I'm Toronto, I would offer him the max.
Go over the cap, bring back the boys and have leonard put us over the top.

Ross turns into sixth man.

lowry, vaz
derozen, Ross
Leonard, Ross, Bruno
Patterson, JJ
Val, Amir, Bebe

Let fields, hayes, Sweet lou walk. Resign amir over the cap. I'd be happy to bring back a chuck hayes and fields on vet minimum contracts.

GimmeThat
11-02-2014, 03:27 PM
If I'm Toronto, I would offer him the max.
Go over the cap, bring back the boys and have leonard put us over the top.

Jrue Holiday and Leonard

just think about that

chocolatethunder
11-02-2014, 03:29 PM
Jrue Holiday and Leonard

just think about that
As a Sixer fan I don't want to think about that because I never liked Holiday's game a bit. MCW may not be the best but he certainly can defend better and he's bigger and way more athletic.